Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-27-2009, 12:02 PM         #101
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Great to see the Giants bringing in some real difference makers again this year like they did last... *rolls eyes*
boley is an upgrade over both our weakside and strongside starters from last season
 9 years ago '07        #102
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 RicFlair said:
boley is an upgrade over both our weakside and strongside starters from last season
:applause::applause:
 02-27-2009, 12:03 PM         #103
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Syphernix said:
man last year pissed me off sooooooooo much....sammy knight (i understand the need for a safety, but cmon) and danny clark??? :wtf:@ clark
yall are too hard on clark

he did a decent job, and he wasnt brought in to start he was brought in as a backup but was forced to start after osi got hurt and kiwi moved back to the line

hes a quality backup though
 02-27-2009, 12:05 PM         #104
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
last offseason we didnt have many huge needs, safety and we drafted kenny phillips in the 1st round.

we lost mitchell but everyone was still high on wilkinson, and we all thought kiwi was gonna be a linebacker.
 9 years ago '07        #105
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
yall are too hard on clark

he did a decent job, and he wasnt brought in to start he was brought in as a backup but was forced to start after osi got hurt and kiwi moved back to the line

hes a quality backup though
oh i kno he was basically brought in to challenge wilkinson (lmao we see how that turned out) i kno, but still blah
 02-27-2009, 12:06 PM         #106
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
I started a thread asking about him in here earlier, and basically the wrap is he's good against the run, but can't drop back and cover...

Well... That's what we need to address. If the LB can't cover TE's and RB's out of the back field, I don't want to be paying him $5mil a year.

It's another half measure... And I'm getting sick of it when it comes to our front office to be quite frank.

And Danny Clark is a bum.
 02-27-2009, 12:06 PM         #107
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Ravens today agreed to a contract with former Terp Domonique Foxworth and will announce the signing at a news conference at 2:30 p.m.

The deal is for four years, $28 million with $16.5 million guaranteed, according to a source. The 25-year-old Foxworth played at Catonsville's Western Tech and the University of Maryland.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome wanted to make his first strike at cornerback, a league source said. It is believed that Foxworth was the only planned free-agent visit for the Ravens today.

Also today, linebacker Bart Scott and center Jason Brown made their first free-agent visits.

Meanwhile, Scott is meeting with the New York Jets and is nearing a five-year, $40 million deal with them. Brown will travel to the St. Louis Rams.

Brown, who criticized the Ravens yesterday for only spending money for defensive players, could meet with a couple of teams before signing. Other teams interested in Brown include the Miami Dolphins, Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings.

Scott decided to head to the Jets after a deal couldn't be reached with the Ravens before free agency began. It is believed that the two sides struck a deal quickly.

"We were close [with the Ravens], but close only counts in horseshoes," Scott told ESPN only minutes after free agency started. "I wanted to give Baltimore an opportunity to get the job done. It just didn't happen. We got to move on, hit free agency and see where it takes us."

Scott reuniting with former defensive coordinator Rex Ryan in New York might put more pressure on the Ravens to retain linebacker Ray Lewis.

The Ravens could address their needs at linebacker and cornerback today.

Foxworth is known for his exceptional speed and would likely command starter money (likely in the range of $5 million a season).

If the Ravens sign Foxworth, it is unknown how it would affect Samari Rolle. There was speculation last week that the Ravens were shopping Rolle, 32, who is scheduled to make $4.1 million this season.

A third-round pick by the Denver Broncos in 2005, Foxworth made three interceptions and broke up 21 other passes in three seasons. He was traded to the Atlanta Falcons before last season for a seventh-round pick and started a career-high 10 games for Atlanta.
is it just me or is that too much for foxworth?
 9 years ago '07        #108
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 Illstreet said:
I started a thread asking about him in here earlier, and basically the wrap is he's good against the run, but can't drop back and cover...

Well... That's what we need to address. If the LB can't cover TE's and RB's out of the back field, I don't want to be paying him $5mil a year.

It's another half measure... And I'm getting sick of it when it comes to our front office to be quite frank.

02-27-2009, 12:12 PM         #109
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:

boley has the speed to cover tight ends and rb's he needs to work on coverage technique a little. which technique can be coached, speed cant.

i disagree on it being a half measure. id be very pleased with boley.

and danny clark is a quality backup.
 9 years ago '04        #110
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said during a TV interview early Friday morning that he would like to play for the Vikings.

Houshmandzadeh, the top free agent wide receiver on the market, told ESPN that the Vikings are one of a handful teams that he would be interested in playing for next season. He mentioned Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson as a main reason because he would face a lot of single coverages.

"I'm gonna win 98.6 percent of the time," Houshmandzadeh said in the interview.

The Vikings are believed to be in the market for a wide receiver, but Houshmandzadeh might be too expensive, especially after giving Bernard Berrian a six-year, $42 million contract with $16 million guaranteed last offseason.

Houshmandzadeh's agent, Kennard McGuire, could not be reached for comment. It is believed that Houshmandzadeh is looking for a deal upwards of $10 million per season. It has been reported that as many as eight teams could be in the bidding for the receiver with the Eagles, Giants and Bears leading the way.

Anything to give help to AP and Chester.
 9 years ago '07        #111
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,263 | Props total: 308 308
he WANTS to be a viking? he must not care about getting receptions because who the fu*k is gonna throw him the ball? Rosenfels?
 9 years ago '05        #112
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
dude just tryin to get paid.... he said he wanted to be an Eagle a few weeks ago... I dont think dude is a game changer
 9 years ago '05        #113
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,166 | Props total: 959 959
thats a better choice and philly...Rosen will look for him all day..
 9 years ago '05        #114
txhotboy 
space
space
$5,548 | Props total: 1192 1192
@ whosyourmomma
 9 years ago '05        #115
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
10 mil per season? hes good but hes not a #1 type of a wr

chad helped him become a good wr but i think hes really a #2

he would be a good fit with the vikings because bernard is a fast wr and tj could jus run in the middle

they also have rice

they need a qb though
 9 years ago '07        #116
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,588 | Props total: 43740 43740
:wow:
 02-27-2009, 12:40 PM         #117
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just like he said if the Eagles wanted him he'd be an Eagle tomorrow. He'll say anything at this point.
 9 years ago '05        #118
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
lol @ him..he's gonna ahve his career wasted away with rosenfels throwing away games week after week.
 9 years ago '07        #119
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 02-27-2009, 12:41 PM         #120
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it would be weird seeing him in something other than an eagles jersey
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy