Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #641
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,994 | Props total: 1316 1316
 eLLz said:
Broncos already cut him where the fu*k you been
Nice, glad to hear it.
I been smokin to much of that blueberry it looks like :agreement6:
But for real, i aint been on here in a hot second. Only stuff i heard bout my Broncos was The Cutler trade BS and also picking up Dawkins! *and a few free agents*
 03-05-2009, 01:56 PM         #642
NYGallday 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^lmaoo
 9 years ago '05        #643
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
Has anyone picked up Bly yet if hes a free agent?
 03-05-2009, 01:59 PM         #644
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rumor has it that he's going back to the Broncos for less money... i dunno
 9 years ago '05        #645
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 The Lefty said:
Rumor has it that he's going back to the Broncos for less money... i dunno
Please no!!!!
 9 years ago '07        #646
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
Patriots acquired WR Greg Lewis from the Eagles in exchange for undisclosed compensation, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Lewis, 29, only has 56 catches over the last three years, but has always been a Patriot k!ller and carries a cheap contract through 2011. Mostly a special teamer in Philly, he'll be a candidate for a bigger role now. He could replace Jabar Gaffney as a third receiver behind Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Lewis' kickoff coverage value probably a.ssures him of a roster spot.

From rotoworld.com
 9 years ago '05        #647
Gabriel 
space
space
space
$953 | Props total: 31 31
 Syphernix said:
Patriots acquired WR Greg Lewis from the Eagles in exchange for undisclosed compensation, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Lewis, 29, only has 56 catches over the last three years, but has always been a Patriot k!ller and carries a cheap contract through 2011. Mostly a special teamer in Philly, he'll be a candidate for a bigger role now. He could replace Jabar Gaffney as a third receiver behind Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Lewis' kickoff coverage value probably a.ssures him of a roster spot.

From rotoworld.com

With Brady throwin to him Philly fans are gunna see how much better he is lol
 9 years ago '04        #648
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,033 | Props total: 6095 6095
yea we cut him already which is why we have all this money for the offseason
 03-05-2009, 04:41 PM         #649
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll take him, i'll take anything. Ellis Hobbs is a pus*y.
 03-05-2009, 04:50 PM         #650
PizzaFace07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 katalist said:
Please? Anyone? Take this Peice of sh*t off my team?
didnt you give this guy 5 years 30+ mil with like 16 mil guaranteed? after 1 pretty good season in detroit

what happened to him?
 9 years ago '04        #651
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Man Dre Bly wasn't even that bad I would take him back as a nickle corner with Goodman and Bailey as starters.

even that man Goodman is shaky at his old age hes like a poor mans Bly, might need to draft a young CB in the 2nd round.
 9 years ago '04        #652
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
So far i think Renaldo Hill is the Broncos best pikk-up. He will outplay everyone not named Champ in that secondary.
 9 years ago '06        #653
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1097 1097
lmao @ a broncos fan not even knowing his teams off-season moves... wow
 03-05-2009, 05:37 PM         #654
Younghovi2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im sorry but in the beginning of the season u said they had the best secondary in the league...wat happened
 03-05-2009, 05:38 PM         #655
lyricallySha89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
Man Dre Bly wasn't even that bad I would take him back as a nickle corner with Goodman and Bailey as starters.

even that man Goodman is shaky at his old age hes like a poor mans Bly, might need to draft a young CB in the 2nd round.
I agree:applause:
 03-05-2009, 05:50 PM         #656
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Younghovi2 said:
im sorry but in the beginning of the season u said they had the best secondary in the league...wat happened
They also said they had the best receiving cores and that they were the new NE.

Backup QB and RB for NE then proceeded to r*pe them and drop 50 points.
 03-05-2009, 10:08 PM         #657
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have re-signed tight end Jerramy Stevens. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. The signing of Stevens comes just days after the Bucs traded a second-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for Kellen Winslow. Stevens has spent the past two seasons with the Buccaneers.

The Bucs re-signed safety Jermaine Phillips on Thursday. He is the third player the Bucs re-signed on the day. Earlier, the Bucs re-signed tight end Jerramy Stevens and wide receiver Cortez Hankton. Phillips is one of three members of the Bucs' Super Bowl x*xVII team that remain on the current roster.

:applause::applause::applause:

MAKIN MOOOOOOOOVESSSSSSSSS!

Last edited by iThink; 03-05-2009 at 10:09 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #658
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,460 | Props total: 4403 4403
 iThink said:
:applause::applause::applause:

MAKIN MOOOOOOOOVESSSSSSSSS!
Yes, Phillips visited the Seahawks a few days ago.
He's smart on the field, but I don't know if he going to stay healthy.

Looks like Seattle may be looking at R. Williams...
I know we want to get a Safety.
 03-06-2009, 03:02 AM         #659
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Yes, Phillips visited the Seahawks a few days ago.
He's smart on the field, but I don't know if he going to stay healthy.

Looks like Seattle may be looking at R. Williams...
I know we want to get a Safety.
I was so scared y'all were going to lure him right from under our noses...
 9 years ago '08        #660
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
Eagles - Sean Jones to visit Eagles; Greg Lewis traded to Patriots

By LES BOWEN
Philadelphia Daily News

Sean Jones was to arrive in Philadelphia last night for today's visit with the Eagles, who are still shopping for a veteran safety following the departures of free agents Brian Dawkins and Sean Considine.

As of last night, the Eagles had not expressed interest in another safety, Roy Williams, according to agent Jordan Woy. Williams, a five-time Pro Bowler, was set loose by the Cowboys yesterday.

As team president Joe Banner eloquently stated in his Wednesday radio appearance, nobody out there is really going to replace Dawkins, a seven-time Pro Bowl free safety and the emotional heart of the franchise. Jones and Williams are both strong safeties; the Birds could be thinking that Quintin Mikell can play either safety spot, and knows Jim Johnson's scheme very well, so Mikell could be Dawkins' titular replacement.

It might or not be significant that Jones, who just turned 27, recently switched agents and now is represented by Brian Mackler. Mackler's group also represents Mikell and corner Sheldon Brown. Jones, 6-1, 220, had knee surgery early last season with Cleveland and struggled with a decreased role after he returned. He was a second-round pick in 2004 out of Georgia, where he was Reggie Brown's teammate.

Jones intercepted a pass in the Browns' 30-10 loss to the Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field last Dec. 15. He also played special teams that night, for Ted Daisher, who was fired with the rest of the coaching staff following the season and now is the special teams coordinator for the Eagles. Jones ranks third among NFL safeties behind Ed Reed and Oshiomogho Atogwe with 14 interceptions since the start of the 2006 season.

Shawn Springs, the corner and safety the Eagles brought in earlier this week, reportedly signed with the Patriots yesterday. He was a more accomplished player than Jones but also much more high-mileage; he'll turn 34 this month.

Meanwhile, the Birds made a move at wide receiver. No, not that move. It might seem odd to anyone who isn't absolutely deranged that the team had to officially declare its lack of interest in bringing back Dallas castoff Terrell Owens, but, incredibly, that was what the Eagles had to do. Reporters covering the team fielded a steady trickle of e-mails from fans who apparently weren't quite clear on why Dallas followed the Eagles' lead and released T.O. yesterday. (Owens' final game as a Cowboy: that 44-6 loss to the Eagles at the Linc on Dec. 28.)

After making it clear that they weren't going to be asking Jason Avant to give up the No. 81 jersey, the Birds traded wideout Greg Lewis - an Owens protege during T.O.'s Eagles tenure - to New England. They got back a fifth-round pick in the April 25-26 entry draft and sent with Lewis a seventh-rounder in 2010.

The Eagles now have a dozen 2009 draft picks. They might be trying to a.ssemble an all-rookie team for the upcoming season. Or they could plan on doing a whole bunch of trading up, and not just in the first round.

Lewis, 29, made the Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2003. That was an uncommonly successful group of undrafted rookies, headed by Mikell and corner Rod Hood, who left the Birds in free agency 2 years ago and started for the Cardinals last month in the Super Bowl. Center Jamaal Jackson, Lewis and ex-running back/returner Reno Mahe were others in that group, which turned out much better than the players the Eagles actually drafted that year.

There were two notable moments in Lewis' Eagles career - one bittersweet, the other just plain bitter. His first touchdown catch was the final score of Super Bowl x*xIX, at the end of The Drive That Took Too Long. And he debuted as a punt returner in the opening game of the 2007 season, fumbling one away and looking so shaky on another that he was replaced by another punt-return novice, J.R. Reed, whose muff turned into the Packers' winning touchdown.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick expressed his appreciation for Lewis during the runup to the Super Bowl; now G-Lew will be taking special-teams penalties for Belichick. *

For more Eagles coverage and opinion, read the Daily News' Eagles blog, Eagletarian, at .

Im liking this move if we pick him up. 14 ints since 06 :wow:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago