Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #601
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 Jaiden05 said:
Damn Syph you been on one lately lol.

Chump.... fu*k the Gnats.
fu*k you jaiden.......cowboys not making the playoffs again, im willing to bet
 9 years ago '05        #602
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Spiffy818 said:
WHERE THE fu*k ARE THE PACKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Green Bay?
 9 years ago '04        #603
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3473 3473
Ravens, Lewis agree to new deal
Pro Bowl linebacker to stay in Baltimore

By Jamison Hensley and Mike Preston | Baltimore Sun reporters
4:28 PM EST, March 4, 2009

OWINGS MILLS - The Ravens have reached an agreement in principle with linebacker Ray Lewis, a league source said.

This ensures that Lewis will finish his career with the Ravens.

Retaining Lewis was important for the Ravens because they lost defensive coordinator Rex Ryan and inside linebacker Bart Scott to the New York Jets.

Lewis earned his 10th Pro Bowl this season after leading the NFL's second-ranked defense with 160 tackles. He also had 3 1/2 sacks, three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
 9 years ago '04        #604
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3473 3473
BIRK TO BALTIMORE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 4:08 p.m. EST

A league source tells us that the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to terms with center Matt Birk.

Birk, a St. Paul native, had spent eleven years with the Vikings, arriving more than a decade ago as a sixth-round draft pick from Harvard, the same year that receiver Randy Moss joined the team as a rookie.

Birk was the last remaining link to the 1998 Vikings team, which won 15 regular-season games before losing the NFC title game to the Falcons.

By all appearances, he gave the Vikings every opportunity to sign him, but as the days passed and no deal was reached he decided to visit Baltimore.

Some thought it was a Kurt Warner-style leverage play, with Birk looking for an offer from Baltimore that he could shop back to the Vikings. (Birk apparently operates on a higher moral plane than that.)

That said, the decision had to be a tough one for Birk, who recently told David Fleming of ESPN The Magazine that he was anxious about uprooting his four small children and moving them halfway across the country.

And, as he told us three years ago, he wanted to stay in Minnesota: “I was born here, I’ll die here. I don’t want to leave.”

But leave he did.
 03-04-2009, 03:51 PM         #605
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Giants add Safety C.C. Brown
By Michael Eisen, Giants.com

Take this story to go! - RSS | Podcast | Mobile

MARCH 4, 2009

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - The Giants today beefed up their last line of defense by signing safety C.C. Brown, who spent his first four NFL seasons with the Houston Texans.

The Giants added former Texans safety C.C. Brown to their secondary on Wednesday

Brown, 6-0 and 208 pounds, has played in 50 career games with 47 starts. He was limited to three games in 2008 because of a fractured forearm. Brown, who has played both strong and free safety, has 275 tackles (202 solo), three interceptions, 16 passes defensed, four forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and one sack.

The 26-year-old Brown is the fourth defensive free agent signed by the Giants since Friday, joining linebacker Michael Boley and linemen Chris Canty and Rocky Bernard.

“C.C. is a young veteran safety,” general manager Jerry Reese said. “He is a physical player who has played a lot of football in this league in his short career. We expect him to come in and create great competition at this position and strengthen it as well.”

“Brown is a physical player who will come down to the line of scrimmage,” Coach Tom Coughlin said. “He has made the calls in the secondary and can get people lined up. With the situation that we have with James Butler (who is a free agent), there is a need to go ahead and create the competitiveness that is necessary for everyone to reach their full potential. I think adding C.C. Brown is bringing us closer to that.”

In Brown’s four years in Houston, the Texans won a total of 24 games and were a franchise-best 8-8 each of the last two seasons. His priority upon becoming a free agent was to join a winning team. In the previous two seasons, the Giants won a Super Bowl, an NFC East title and 22 regular season games.

“I’m happy to be with this team,” Brown said. “It’s a great opportunity for me to come here and get a chance to play in the playoffs. One of my main objectives was to get to a winning team and be part of a winning environment.”

Brown joined the Texans in 2005 as a sixth-round draft choice from Louisiana-Lafayette, the 188th overall selection. As a rookie he played in all 16 games with 13 starts and led the secondary with a career-high 102 tackles (61 solo). Brown started his first NFL game and had eight tackles vs. Buffalo on Sept. 11, 2005. His first career interception was against Arizona on Dec. 18.

The following year, Brown started all 15 games in which he played. On Nov. 5, 2006, he started at free safety vs. the Giants and had five tackles (four solo) and a pass defensed.

In 2007, Brown was the only member of Houston’s secondary to start all 16 games. He played free safety in the opener and strong safety for the last 15 games. Brown finished fourth on the team with 83 tackles (64 solo), an interception, nine passes defensed, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

Last year, Brown started the first three games at strong safety. He had five tackles at Jacksonville on Sept. 28 when he fractured his right forearm, an injury that forced him to go on injured reserve for the remainder of the season.

“I think I fractured it first on Fred Taylor,” Brown said of the former Jaguars running back now with New England. “Then about six plays later I broke it on Reggie Williams. Now it’s back to normal. I’m ready to get out there, run around and hit people.”

Brown started all 23 games of his career for the Ragin’ Cajuns of Louisiana-Lafayette, where he was a two-time All-Sun Belt Conference selection. He led the team with a career-high 101 tackles as a senior. Brown transferred from Mississippi Delta Community College.

Brown played at Greenwood High School in Mississippi. He was born on Jan. 27, 1983.

*The Giants also announced the signing of Lee Vickers, a former college defensive end who moved to tight end when he entered the NFL.

Vickers, 6-6 and 279 pounds, has played eight NFL games with two starts, all with the 2007 Baltimore Ravens. He caught two passes for four yards. The Ravens waived Vickers on Aug. 31, 2008.

“He converted to tight end and he has good hands,” Coughlin said. “I think we can get some versatility out of him as a blocker and a short-range receiver, but also on special teams. He’s pretty good in the wedge.”

Vickers entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2006. He was waived on Sept. 3 and signed to the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad two weeks later. The Eagles released him on Sept. 18, 2007 and he joined Baltimore, first on the practice squad and then the active roster.

Vickers played defensive end for four seasons at North Alabama. He began his collegiate career as a pitcher at Calhoun Community College in Decatur, Ala., then transferred to North Alabama, where he was a walk-on quarterback. Vickers quickly moved to defensive end.

Vickers was a standout quarterback at Athens (Ala.) High School. He was born on March 13, 1981.
 9 years ago '07        #606
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
so what you think bout this move

wtf they add lee vickers for

Last edited by Syphernix; 03-04-2009 at 03:58 PM..
 03-04-2009, 04:00 PM         #607
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Syphernix said:
from what ive read about brown he will be good depth and can maybe win a starting spot

hes started before and can play both spots, im cool

the tight end i dont know much about but coughlin likes players who can contribute on special teams and commented on it.

id be fine with our current tight ends and theres good ones in the draft too.
 9 years ago '04        #608
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
LaMont Jordan a bronco lol

I guess the JJ Arrington deal is back on too.

weird why they signing all these RBs I guess we wont run out of RBs this year even if 7 go on IR.

Last edited by K1; 03-04-2009 at 04:40 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #609
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
 Syphernix said:

wtf they add lee vickers for
i think vickers was more of a ST signing then a TE signing...
 9 years ago '04        #610
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 BoSox84 said:
He ain't hurtin nobody in the east with them stone hands. Wait for the first game he drops a few passes at the Meadowlands, dude's gonna get boo'd out of the stadium
u know T.O.dropped 10 passes last year right??

edwards dropped 12....

so u know.........shhhhhhhhhhh
 03-04-2009, 05:51 PM         #611
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
BIRK TO BALTIMORE
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2009, 4:08 p.m. EST

A league source tells us that the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to terms with center Matt Birk.

Birk, a St. Paul native, had spent eleven years with the Vikings, arriving more than a decade ago as a sixth-round draft pick from Harvard, the same year that receiver Randy Moss joined the team as a rookie.

Birk was the last remaining link to the 1998 Vikings team, which won 15 regular-season games before losing the NFC title game to the Falcons.

By all appearances, he gave the Vikings every opportunity to sign him, but as the days passed and no deal was reached he decided to visit Baltimore.

Some thought it was a Kurt Warner-style leverage play, with Birk looking for an offer from Baltimore that he could shop back to the Vikings. (Birk apparently operates on a higher moral plane than that.)

That said, the decision had to be a tough one for Birk, who recently told David Fleming of ESPN The Magazine that he was anxious about uprooting his four small children and moving them halfway across the country.

And, as he told us three years ago, he wanted to stay in Minnesota: “I was born here, I’ll die here. I don’t want to leave.”

But leave he did.
cant wait to meet this guy. sounds like a class act as well as a great center for the money. oz is the fu*king man!
 03-04-2009, 05:52 PM         #612
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said:
u know T.O.dropped 10 passes last year right??

edwards dropped 12....

so u know.........shhhhhhhhhhh
to dropped them because hes a bi*ch. edwards dropped them because he cant catch. TO = tyrannosaurus owens
 9 years ago '04        #613
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Detroit Lions agreed to terms with CB Phillip Buchanon on a two-year contract.

source: rotoworld.com |
good signing for them
 03-04-2009, 06:07 PM         #614
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
good signing for them
somebody school me on him??? cause i know he's used to the tampa2 but were goin man-man now
 9 years ago '05        #615
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Edwards was actually credited with 16 drops
 9 years ago '05        #616
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,469 | Props total: 4414 4414
 K1Entertainment said:
LaMont Jordan a bronco lol

I guess the JJ Arrington deal is back on too.

weird why they signing all these RBs I guess we wont run out of RBs this year even if 7 go on IR.
Who the fucc is starting?
IDC what anyways say Correl Buckhalter is a monster.
 9 years ago '07        #617
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 K1Entertainment said:
good signing for them
why??? just why
 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM         #618
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
good signing for them
Oh God fu*k MY LIFE. WHY?!

I hope Elbert Mack is ready and they can also pick up another in the draft because we are thin as Nicole Ritchie at CB by losing P-Buc.

They better re-sign Phillips. Who the fu*k told the front office we needed a complete overhaul on D?!
 03-04-2009, 10:03 PM         #619
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Broncos continue signing spree with Simms, Arrington

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Chris Simms, Denver Broncos, Free Agency 2009, J.J. Arrington

Denver started the week with a quarterback controversy and is ending it with a new quarterback.

Free-agent quarterback Chris Simms has reached agreement with the Broncos on a two-year contract. He will be insurance for starting quarterback Jay Cutler, whose name emerged last week in trade talks.

Simms hasn’t signed yet but soon will, and he will have gone from Tampa Bay to Tennessee to Denver.

Finally, Denver signed free-agent running back J.J. Arrington to a four-year contract. The deal was signed last week, but the league rejected the contract’s language, and it was redone Wednesday. Arrington is a Bronco.

03-04-2009, 10:04 PM         #620
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Syphernix said:
no actually i do my daily sh*t talking to iThink, booker, and mickey but thanks :greetings10:
Hey buddy, fu*k you. :greetings10:

How was your day?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy