Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
Amber rose slept with 21 savage best friend
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Pusha T - Daytona album cover released!
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside This the coldest ish I've seen in a minute :hotouthere:
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
SC Football legend Ronaldinho to marry two women at the same time
39 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #561
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,920 | Props total: 1348 1348
I got a feeling Ray Lewis could come to Jacksonville... Del Rio was the LB coach in Baltimore and we could definitely use a linebacker with the departure of Peterson, but then again I know they're mentality is to go young.
 03-03-2009, 01:19 PM         #562
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt jacksonville just sign an ilb?? ive heard absolutely nothing about them having interest in ray. he was the jets first choice but he wanted 20 mil guaranteed.
 9 years ago '04        #563
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,458 | Props total: 597 597
A few days ago I was informed of a rumor heard on the radio that there could be a potential trade brewing between the Browns and Giants that would send WR Braylon Edwards to the G-Men, ostensibly as a replacement for Plaxico Burress, with the Browns getting DE Mathias Kiwanuka in return.

Not knowing what to think, I did what I usually do in these situations: email Barry McBride at the Orange and Brown Report and see if there was anything to it.

He posted the Braylon Edwards-Mathias Kiwanuka trade rumor and had this to say upon initially hearing about it:

he deal makes sense for both teams on several levels. The Giants would be looking for a credible replacement for WR Plaxico Burress, and are keeping Kiwanuka as a defensive end in a three-man rotation after he switched from linebacker last year.

The 6’5”, 265 Kiwanuka is a classic tweener would like like an interesting option for the Browns manning an outside linebacker spot in the 3-4 defense. Kiwi successfully made the transition from a Boston College defensive end to a linebacker with the Giants, but was moved back as a defensive end following a season-ending injury to Osi Umenyiora.

Also of interest from Cleveland perspective is that Kiwanuka is under contract for two more years. Braylon Edwards can be a free agent after this season.

Kiwi as another OLB bookend with Crabtree perhaps available in the draft? Hmmm… count me in as interested.

The next day, after doing some digging, Barry posted about the Braylon Edwards-Mathias Kiwanuka trade rumor again, this time saying (half seriously and half tongue-in-cheek):

I love this Kiwi-Edwards rumor.

It’s just logical enough to be believable. Infuriatingly, it seems to make sense on some level for both clubs.

Sensing this, the Giants have done nothing but have done their best to torment us with their subsequent moves over the last few days. They went ahead and signed DT Rocky Bernard, and OLB Michael Boley, and DE Chris Canty, all four or five-star defenders according to our rankings.

Cool, cool. They got to have no more room at the inn for Kiwi now, right?

Right?

It all makes sense.

Only problem is that I reached out to a NY Giants beat writer, who told me that he got an email from one of the organization’s higher-ups saying that there’s absolutely nothing to it.

Pro Football Talk says that the Bucs were sworn to secrecy about K2 (other than that annoying chatter about a Winslow deal on the OBR prior to the trade), and maybe this front office guy is just lying to us.

In fact, IF they were talking about deal, they would DENY it, which means that by DENYING IT, they PROVE it’s absolutely true. The logic is flawless!
what y'all think about that?

Last edited by mt fuji; 03-03-2009 at 02:51 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #564
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
fu*k, keep Edwards outta the east
 03-03-2009, 04:29 PM         #565
JCWhy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i guess the browns dont want to have anybody that can catch the ball well at least get open with a chance to catch it in edwards case
 9 years ago '05        #566
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 ttime236 said:
fu*k, keep Edwards outta the east
He ain't hurtin nobody in the east with them stone hands. Wait for the first game he drops a few passes at the Meadowlands, dude's gonna get boo'd out of the stadium
 9 years ago '06        #567
SuPeRxHyPHY 
space
space
$447 | Props total: 0 0
Damn it if T.J better not be fu*ked up when the season starts if he gets signed
 03-03-2009, 07:23 PM         #568
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuPeRxHyPHY said:
Damn it if T.J better not be fu*ked up when the season starts if he gets signed
hawks can still ax the deal, pending the mri.
 9 years ago '07        #569
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,331 | Props total: 65 65
 BoSox84 said:
He ain't hurtin nobody in the east with them stone hands. Wait for the first game he drops a few passes at the Meadowlands, dude's gonna get boo'd out of the stadium
lol keep thinkin that sh*t permanent

you lil bi*ch
 9 years ago '05        #570
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Syphernix said:
lol keep thinkin that sh*t permanent

you lil bi*ch
 9 years ago '05        #571
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,432 | Props total: 261 261
thank god we got eugen wilson back he beasted last year.
 9 years ago '04        #572
Salty Nuts 
space
space
$1,073 | Props total: 0 0
chargers need a safety...i heard they're looking at Jermaine Phillips. I rather they take a chance and sign Sean Jones from Cleveland.
 9 years ago '07        #573
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,922 | Props total: 535 535
damn i didnt know the broncos was going wild like that
 03-04-2009, 08:37 AM         #574
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Salty Nuts said:
chargers need a safety...i heard they're looking at Jermaine Phillips. I rather they take a chance and sign Sean Jones from Cleveland.
I pray to GOD that he's just visiting the Chargers to get market value for his contract and re-signing with us. Dude is one of our best if not best overall defensive player.

They need to stay away. :finger:
 9 years ago '07        #575
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 iThink said:
I pray to GOD that he's just visiting the Chargers to get market value for his contract and re-signing with us. Dude is one of our best if not best overall defensive player.

They need to stay away. :finger:
why he wanns stay with yall, yall rebuilding......seem pointless

oh yea suck it bucs
 9 years ago '04        #576
greenshadi 
space
space
$846 | Props total: 0 0
 Syphernix said:
why he wanns stay with yall, yall rebuilding......seem pointless

oh yea suck it bucs
Hi hater:greetings10:

You must be still upset about that Ward deal, huh
 03-04-2009, 08:54 AM         #577
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Free agent C.C. Brown's visit with New York Giants continues tomorrow; Ben Troupe to work out
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
Tuesday March 03, 2009, 7:23 PM
Marcio Jose SanchezNo word on if the Giants will ask Ben Troupe to leap a defender during tomorrow's workout.
Free-agent safety C.C. Brown (Texans) will meet with the Giants tonight and will continue to visit with the team tomorrow, his agent confirmed via e-mail a few minutes ago. If contract talks are to take place, they'll happen tomorrow.

Also, remember TE Ben Troupe? He was a second-round pick of the Titans in 2004 and looked to be a pretty good young player when he had 88 catches and 5 TDs combined in his first two seasons. Well, he's coming for a workout with the Giants tomorrow, according to someone informed of Troupe's itinerary.

The 6-4, 260-pound Troupe left the Titans after four seasons and signed a 2-year contract with the Buccaneers last March. But Tampa cut him after two games when Jerramy Stevens returned from his suspension. Troupe, 26, signed with the Raiders three days later, but he suffered a foot injury that kept him from ever suiting up for Oakland and eventually landed him on IR. The Raiders waived Troupe in November.

MG
 03-04-2009, 08:54 AM         #578
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i still think if the giants make any trades it will be with draft picks and not players

reese even said something along the lines of "we might not have this many draft picks come draft day"
 03-04-2009, 08:56 AM         #579
unkoricky 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shawn Springs to Eagles..
 9 years ago '07        #580
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
i still think if the giants make any trades it will be with draft picks and not players

reese even said something along the lines of "we might not have this many draft picks come draft day"
haha someone else has been lurking bbi :D
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside You like t**ties? You'll like these ones... MILFY
27 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
condoms are lame as fu-k
55 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
May 23 - 7-Eleven Planning To Sell CBD Products in 4,000 Locations
62 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The PAWG reality definition for most yall
39 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside A Nice Palmed Sized Moroccan Ass
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How is Tru Life still breaded after he did years in prison & neva went..
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Johnny Depp Hunts Notorious B.I.G.'s Killer in First 'City of Lies' Tra..
86 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
138 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy