Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
228 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
222 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-01-2009, 03:51 PM         #481
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 24/7foamz said:
wtf!? letting go fred robbins?!?
I can't imagine the Giants pushing this hard for Canty if the Robbins injury isn't more worrisome than we know...
 9 years ago '07        #482
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,797 | Props total: 450 450
 Illstreet said:
I can't imagine the Giants pushing this hard for Canty if the Robbins injury isn't more worrisome than we know...
true.i just hope they not signing canty for no damn 8 mil!
 03-01-2009, 03:56 PM         #483
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we could potentially keep robbins and sign canty

robbins is a FA next season, maybe we keep him one more year and just dont resign him.

im a fan of big freddy
 9 years ago '05        #484
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,467 | Props total: 4410 4410
Housh expected to pick his team tonight.

Between Vikes and Hawks... he apparently hasn't got enough interest from the two teams he would most like to play for, that being NYG and Philly.

T.J. Whoseyamomma, come on down..

I'm afraid that if TJ signs we'll get rid of Bobby E. I mean it makes sense, they both wear number 84.

Last edited by Sluggernaut; 03-01-2009 at 03:58 PM..
 03-01-2009, 03:59 PM         #485
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
we could potentially keep robbins and sign canty

robbins is a FA next season, maybe we keep him one more year and just dont resign him.

im a fan of big freddy
I'm am too...

But Canty, with that 6'7 frame... I don't even want to get too ahead of myself... "New Age Keith Hamilton"...

9 years ago '07        #486
24/7foamz 
space
space
tuck,kiwi,osi,coefield,rocky,canty???,alford,tolfe rson(sp) and fred robbins.thats alot of money and not enough snaps for everybody,a couple of people gonna have to go.
 9 years ago '07        #487
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
**crosses finger**

please keep robbins this mofo had like 5 or 6 sacks in his first few games this past year

also pleaseeeeeeeee TJ choose seattle or minny
 9 years ago '07        #488
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
smh GET fu*kING RID OF WYNN AND MCDOUGLE
 9 years ago '06        #489
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,372 | Props total: 5644 5644
Tj houshamazilli to the vikings ftw

the free agent remains inside winter park as the vikings continue their push to sign him before he leaves town. All indications are that the vikings, seahawks and bengals are in the running for houshmandzadeh. However, the reality of free agency is this: Once a player leaves the facility of a team which he is visiting that’s often it. That means the seahawks might be in trouble.

All indications are that the vikings are extremely confident they can get something done. The receiver said in a text message to the cincinnati enquirer on saturday that he wanted to make a decision by tonight and it’s likely it will come down to the vikings and bengals.

Given the treatment houshmandzadeh has been getting from the vikings — a private plane ride to minnesota, dinner at manny’s steakhouse, etc. — i like the vikings chances. Today’s most important steps will be for houshmandzadeh’s agent, kennard mcguire, to negotiate a contract with the vikings (it wouldn’t be surprising if the framework has been set) and for houshmandzadeh to like what he has heard from coaches and executives about what his role would be in this offense.

If all goes well in those areas, houshmandzadeh could be wearing a purple jersey at a news conference as early as monday. Stay tuned.
 9 years ago '07        #490
24/7foamz 
space
space
 Syphernix said:
**crosses finger**

please keep robbins this mofo had like 5 or 6 sacks in his first few games this past year

also pleaseeeeeeeee TJ choose seattle or minny
word.robbins was beasting before he broke both hands and hurt his shoulder

Syphernix said:
smh GET fu*kING RID OF WYNN AND MCDOUGLE
i already have they a.ss off the team.i didnt even list them bums when naming the giants dline
 03-01-2009, 04:04 PM         #491
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Official... Chris Canty is a New York Giant...

6 Years... 42 Mil... 17 Guaranteed...

I know it's alot of money guys, but I'm telling you, this guy could be a huge player down the line...
 03-01-2009, 04:13 PM         #492
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New York Giants sign defensive lineman Chris Canty
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
Sunday March 01, 2009, 4:59 PM

Three players in, three players added.
The Giants have plugged another free-agent piece into their defensive front today by signing lineman Chris Canty to an undisclosed contract, the team announced moments ago. The NFL Network is reporting it's a 6-year, $42-million deal with $17.5 million guaranteed. The former Cowboy will join LB Michael Boley and DT Rocky Bernard - both signed yesterday - as integral members of the Giants' front seven.

Canty, 26, is the biggest of the three additions - and the biggest surprise. A 3-4 defensive end for four seasons since the Cowboys drafted him in the fourth round of the 2005 draft, the 6-7, 304-pound Canty will now likely switch to tackle in the Giants' 4-3 scheme. It won't be that big of an adjustment, though Canty will now have to get used to playing over opposing guards instead of tackles. He had 10 sacks (6 1/2 combined in the past two seasons) in his four years with Dallas. There's also a chance the Giants could line Canty up at end in some situations.

With a contract like the one he just sign, Canty will surely be a starter, which means either Fred Robbins or Barry Cofield will soon be in a backup role as part of a tackle rotation.

Robbins was one of the Giants' best defensive players through the first six games of last season, as he equaled his career-high of 5 1/2 sacks. But Robbins didn't register a sack the rest of the season and didn't get nearly as much penetration after suffering two broken hands and a shoulder injury. Robbins also injured his knee in the playoff loss to the Eagles and, like Cofield, he recently had his knee scoped.

Cofield is expected to be 100 percent by late spring and Robbins should also be recovered in the next few months. But Robbins will be 32 next month and will be a free agent after this upcoming season, so he might be the one losing his starting job for Canty and his days with the Giants could be numbered. And Jay Alford, a third-round pick in 2007 who's also the short snapper for field goals, is now seemingly fifth on the depth chart at tackle.
 9 years ago '05        #493
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,467 | Props total: 4410 4410
Wow. Seahawks just can't seem to pull the trigger.
First they dropped out of the runnings for Canty, now Housh is about to choose Minny.

Nobody gives a sh*t about us except for Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska.
 03-01-2009, 04:31 PM         #494
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NY GIANTS!!! ALL fu*kEN DAY SON!!!

Who want it?...

Seriously? Who wants to go toe to toe with our fu*ken D-Line?

And get got like what, 11 Picks in the Draft? You already know some of those are getting packaged and we are moving up or trading for a WR...

Jerry Reese>>>>>>>>>>> The NFL
 9 years ago '07        #495
24/7foamz 
space
space
 Illstreet said:
NY GIANTS!!! ALL fu*kEN DAY SON!!!

Who want it?...

Seriously? Who wants to go toe to toe with our fu*ken D-Line?

And get got like what, 11 Picks in the Draft? You already know some of those are getting packaged and we are moving up or trading for a WR...

Jerry Reese>>>>>>>>>>> The NFL
if crabtree falls i wouldnt mind trading up to get him.the giants only need i see is WR and safety
 03-01-2009, 04:40 PM         #496
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
id say strongside linebacker is still a need, id be ok with kehl trying it out but id say its still a need.

depending how far rey maulauga falls id trade up for him, put him at strong side for a year or two then have him replace pierce
 9 years ago '07        #497
24/7foamz 
space
space
 RicFlair said:
id say strongside linebacker is still a need, id be ok with kehl trying it out but id say its still a need.

depending how far rey maulauga falls id trade up for him, put him at strong side for a year or two then have him replace pierce
man lol with the giants dline right now i can live with a wack linebacker core like clark,pierce and blackburn(yes i know they signed boley) im just saying i dont think linebacker really have to be the #1 draft choice like it wouldve been before the free agency period.crabtree some how falls in the teens with his injury...........TRADE UP!
 9 years ago '07        #498
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,675 | Props total: 16959 16959
Smith to HOUSTON. Yeah, so our DL wont be carried by Mario next year.

Payton Manning, David Garrard, Kerry Collin...

That means we can draft a WR or OLB in the first round. I say we get Harvin or Hay Bay. Add speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Slaton, Johnson, Harvin/Haybay...OMG!!!!!!!!!!:dancingcool:

Last edited by CadillacVyse; 03-01-2009 at 04:54 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #499
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
NOW how will OSI feel about this??? As it looks Canty is making more then him now.
 03-01-2009, 06:42 PM         #500
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
NOW how will OSI feel about this??? As it looks Canty is making more then him now.
@ Dallas fans keep sayin this like Osi or whoever else don't understand the nature of inflation...

At the time that Osi got his deal, it was big money...

If I was to be worried about anyone being pissed, it would be Jacobs after he just got only $25mil for 4 years... But something tells me he's straight.

And even if Osi wanted to get bi*chy about it, he's coming off being injured and getting paid to sit on his a.ss all year last season... He has no leverage to complain.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
206 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
52 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy