Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
41 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
135 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #441
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
ric you gonna have to start summarizing the sh*t you post, my eyes hurt
 03-01-2009, 10:56 AM         #442
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
Interesting...

Only thing I can figure is that they would then try to package either Robbins or Cofeild with a Pick for one of the WR's were' interested in, as someone said yesterday...

Doesn't make sense to still be in intense negotioations this morning with Canty otherwise...
 9 years ago '08        #443
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,824 | Props total: 12529 12529
 RicFlair said:
i actually think a housh jackson duo would be good in philly

quick jackson on one side with possession housh on the other

i think he wants too much money though
Im holding out hope for Holt or Boldin. Maybe even CJ could still be traded.
 9 years ago '07        #444
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 The Blueprint said:
Im holding out hope for Holt or Boldin. Maybe even CJ could still be traded.
try developing hank baskett
 03-01-2009, 10:58 AM         #445
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Interesting...

Only thing I can figure is that they would then try to package either Robbins or Cofeild with a Pick for one of the WR's were' interested in, as someone said yesterday...

Doesn't make sense to still be in intense negotioations this morning with Canty otherwise...
was also thinking maybe the organization knows something we dont about one of our DT's knee operations

also robbins is getting up there in age and maybe reese is thinking that its better to trade a player a year too early than a year too late
 9 years ago '05        #446
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Syphernix said:
ric you gonna have to start summarizing the sh*t you post, my eyes hurt
Then perhaps you should learn to read english little buddy
 9 years ago '07        #447
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 BoSox84 said:
Then perhaps you should learn to read english little buddy
:angry12: fu*k you pal
 9 years ago '08        #448
space
space
 Syphernix said:
try developing hank baskett
Whats the situation with plax?
 03-01-2009, 11:06 AM         #449
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im pretty sure yall let baskett walk right?

and im still hoping plax leaves his court date with a plea deal for no jail time
 03-01-2009, 11:06 AM         #450
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint said:
I know you are on your hands and knees every night meditating on whether Plax comes back to the Giants or not...

No, not praying, but giving some Mexican head for a 20 off of I-95...
 9 years ago '07        #451
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 The Blueprint said:
why you wanna know sucka, mind ya bidness
 03-01-2009, 11:09 AM         #452
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Canty still here and in Giants' plans

Chris Canty is still here.

The Cowboys defensive end, who began his visit with the New York Giants last night and was at dinner with the coaches when they signed DT Rocky Bernard, decided to stay the night and will meet again with Giants officials today. Despite the fact that he appears to be out of the team’s price range and that the Giants probably don’t need a fourth defensive tackle, signing him is apparently still part of their plans.

“Chris is still with Giants (and) they remain steadfast that they would like to sign him, in addition to Bernard,” agent Brad Blank said in an email this morning. “We’ll see.”

The 27-year-old Canty (6-7, 304) — a Bronx native who played end in the Cowboys’ 3-4 defense and would presumably move to tackle in the Giants’ 4-3 — would seem to be an expensive luxury for the Giants. According to one NFL source, he’s seeking a deal worth $8 million per season and he reportedly had a promise of $18 million in guaranteed money from the Redskins on the first day of free agency before they signed DT Albert Haynesworth instead.

That would be a lot for a player who would have to split time in a rotation with the newly signed Bernard and incumbent starters Barry Cofield and Fred Robbins. And since on passing downs the Giants presumably were going to move DE Justin Tuck inside to tackle (allowing Mathias Kiwanuka and Osi Umenyiora to play at end), the playing time to split up among the four tackles would be something less.

It’s a little hard to believe the Giants would pay what figures to be a lot of money to add a seventh defensive lineman to a crowded rotation … Unless, of course, the knee injuries to either DT Barry Cofield or DT Fred Robbins are worse than we know and one of them is in danger of not playing next year. … Or unless, after knee surgery and an injury plagued season, the Giants are considering cutting the 32-year-old Robbins. Otherwise, it’s hard to see the value in spending that kind of money for a player whose playing time would be severely limited.

However, the Giants don’t waste time and resources, so they’re not keeping Canty here for nothing. And they surely know what one NFL source told me: That one and possibly two teams have already let Canty know they’ll meet his price. The Giants aren’t believed to be willing to go higher than $5-6 million per season per Canty, and that likely won’t be enough.

Canty still has plans to fly to Seattle tonight for a meeting tomorrow. The Green Bay Packers, a source said, have been very aggressive in trying to get him to stop by for a visit. He’s also already put visits to San Francisco and Tennessee on hold, so he certainly could visit those teams, too.

For the moment, though, he’s in the Giants’ hands and apparently they’re trying to convince him to sign here.

Stay tuned to see how this incredibly interesting situation unfolds throughout the day.

Much to my surprise, it appears S James Butler has left St. Louis without signing a deal with the new team of ex-Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and is now on his way to Cleveland to meet with ex-Jets coach Eric Mangini.

However, the St. Louis Rams haven’t given up on signing Butler yet.

“He went back to Atlanta this morning,” Rams GM Billy Devaney said yesterday. “We’re still talking. We’re going to try to get something done. We’re a little bit apart right now with him contract-wise. I think he wouldn’t mind being here. We’d certainly like to have him here, so now we’re just going to see if we can make that happen.”

RB Derrick Ward was apparently in Philadelphia yesterday, despite reports that he was in Cincinnati. (I’m starting to feel like I’m playing “Where’s Waldo?” with Ward). Apparently he’s been to both cities and left without a deal and is now on his way to Denver.

According to that report out of Denver, Ward is looking for a deal “similar to the six-year, $34.5 million contract Michael Turner received from Atlanta last season” (a deal which included $15 million guaranteed, by the way). That’s only slightly less crazy than what I told you yesterday, that he was looking for a deal similar to the four-year, $25 million deal (with $13 million guaranteed) the Giants gave Brandon Jacobs.

Speaking of Jacobs, here’s the breakdown of the four-year, $25 million contract he signed earlier this week:

According to figures obtained from the NFL Players a.ssociation, the deal includes $7.85 million in signing and roster bonuses paid somewhere in the first two years of the deal. All of that is guaranteed, as is his $3.5 million salary in 2009 and nearly half of his $3.65 million salary in 2010.

Jacobs is also due salaries of $4.65 million in 2011 and $4.9 million in 2012.

And before you ask, it’s impossible to know his cap number in each of those seasons until more details are available. According to an NFL source, his cap number for 2009 will be $5.5 million. It would appear, based on those numbers, that it will about the same in 2010 and jump to between $6.5 million and $7 million in 2011 and 2012. But again, that’s unofficial, pending more details.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, whose market is much drier than anticipated, is now taking shots at the “dummies on TV” who think that he’s overestimated his value to the rest of the NFL (thankfully I’m just a dummy in the newspaper and on the internet, so I avoided his wrath).

For what it’s worth, Houshmandzadeh — who still insists he’ll be signed by tonight — has visited Seattle and Minnesota and his old team in Cincinnati wants to retain him. Nobody else seems to want him, including the Giants and Eagles whom he identified as two teams he’d like to play for.

Meanwhile, I still think there’s a chance he’ll end up sliding through someone’s back door later in free agency at a bargain price, just like Plaxico Burress did with the Giants in 2005. But I don’t know, maybe that theory is just dumb.
 03-01-2009, 11:10 AM         #453
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Buccaneers reach agreement with Clayton

Posted: March 1st, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Antonio Bryant, Michael Clayton, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Just as Buccaneers quarterbacks have turned to wide receiver Michael Clayton, Tampa Bay’s front office now has done the same.

With Tampa needing to use up some of its salary-cap space, the Buccaneers and Clayton reached agreement on a five-year, $24 million deal that includes $10.5 million worth of guaranteed money.

Incentives and bonuses can push it to $26 million, but the larger point is that Tampa retained Clayton and wide receiver Antonio Bryant when many wondered if either would return.
 9 years ago '07        #454
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
:lostit0:@ ric
 03-01-2009, 11:14 AM         #455
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lot of good information coming man
 9 years ago '07        #456
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
lot of good information coming man
it better not be TJ signed with us
 9 years ago '08        #457
space
space
 RicFlair said:
im pretty sure yall let baskett walk right?

and im still hoping plax leaves his court date with a plea deal for no jail time
Nah hes a restrcted FA who we offered a contract.

Illstreet said:
I know you are on your hands and knees every night meditating on whether Plax comes back to the Giants or not...

No, not praying, but giving some Mexican head for a 20 off of I-95...
Let me laugh at your joke so I can give u some attention your whoring for.

Syphernix said:
why you wanna know sucka, mind ya bidness

Plax>>>>Giants franchise.
 03-01-2009, 11:19 AM         #458
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Syphernix said:
it better not be TJ signed with us
oh

im saying the info ive posted already is the good information
 9 years ago '06        #459
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Housh is basically a lock in Minnesota.

Hes taking a tour of the facilities right now

Bucs giving Clayton 5 Mil per was stupid BTW
 9 years ago '07        #460
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
 eLLz said:
Housh is basically a lock in Minnesota.
:dancingcool:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
151 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
75 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
18 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
114 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
102 comments
19 hours ago