Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #421
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,520 | Props total: 43689 43689
@ B Dawk in that bright orange jersey
 9 years ago '06        #422
youngral 
space
space
$6,650 | Props total: 629 629
Housh needs to go to the Vikings or Seahawks......far away from a nfc east team other then the cowboys
 9 years ago '05        #423
Bx_Bomberz 183 heat pts183
space
space
$19,499 | Props total: 12598 12598
 JCWhy83 said:
and he was benched in favor of gus frerotte
and when he cameback for the last 4 games he posted a 110 rating...

out of the 4 games 3 were against playoff teams

the giants falcons and cardinals... in those 4 games he threw 8tds and only 1 int

keep hatin on him tho... so when the vikes comethru and wreck your favorite team u can be suprised and i can be on some i told you so sh*t
 9 years ago '07        #424
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,652 | Props total: 6040 6040
come on Ray Ray, come to Denver
 02-28-2009, 11:49 PM         #425
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
broncos havent even made him an offer. lol @ espn.

As the options for Ray Lewis continued to dwindle, the agent for the Pro Bowl linebacker said Lewis would consider returning to the Ravens.

"He couldn't think more highly of Baltimore," agent David Dunn said today. "He's played in that city for so many years. He's so symbolic of the team."

While Dunn declined to comment on negotiations, it is believed the Ravens have offered a three-year, $24 million contract, a deal that Lewis could end up signing Monday. Barring a surprising turn in free agency, the Ravens likely represent the biggest payday for the 33-year-old veteran and the best opportunity for him to capture another Super Bowl.

The two teams most heavily linked to Lewis before the start of free agency -- the Dallas Cowboys and New York Jets -- are no longer in the market for inside linebackers. The Cowboys signed veteran Keith Brooking to a three-year deal today, and the Jets locked up Bart Scott yesterday.

There have been questions about the demand for Lewis in free agency because he has no scheduled visits after the first two days. Dunn explained that Lewis had long decided to stay in Florida this weekend because of family obligations, which include attending his children's sporting events.

Dunn also dismissed any notion of a rift between Lewis and the Ravens.

The NFL Network and Yahoo Sports reported yesterday that Lewis was upset with the progress on a new contract with the Ravens. According to the NFL Network, Lewis would contemplate retirement before returning to the Ravens.

But Dunn said Lewis is not angry with the team.

"Of course he has deep affection for them," Dunn said. "To indicate otherwise is absurd."

It appears Lewis' options are limited beyond the Ravens.

The Denver Broncos, whose defensive coordinator is former Ravens a.ssistant Mike Nolan, immediately signed an inside linebacker, but it was Andra Davis, a former Cleveland Brown. Because Nolan plans to use a 3-4 defense, the Broncos could still use another inside linebacker, although they reportedly haven't contacted Lewis.

Another possibility could be the New England Patriots, who opened up salary-cap space today by trading quarterback Matt Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel to Kansas City. The Patriots might look for someone to replace inside linebacker Tedy Bruschi, who seems to be nearing the end of his career.

But the teams that are currently seeking a middle linebacker are: the St. Louis Rams, Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions.

Those teams are rebuilding this season and might look to the draft for a linebacker. And even if they wanted Lewis, they couldn't promise immediate success as the Ravens can (the Rams, Chiefs, Browns and Lions finished in last place in their divisions and combined for eight wins).

Lewis likely would intrigue only teams that felt they were on the cusp of a championship. At this point in his career, Lewis' best a.sset is leadership. According to ESPN analyst Merril Hoge, Lewis' weakness "lies inside the white lines."

"He doesn't turn and run like he once did," Hoge said. "He doesn't dominate like he once did. He doesn't get off blocks like he once did. He doesn't have the same range, the same speed, the same quickness."

Hoge suggested it's in Lewis' best interest to remain with the Ravens.

"Even though his skills have eroded, I think it would be much more magnified somewhere else than in Baltimore because of the familiarity," Hoge said. "Learning new players and a new system, I think those diminished skills would be more visible."

Former NFL general manager Charley Casserly agreed and said the "smartest move" for Lewis is to go back to the Ravens.

"They will pay him more money than anybody else because of his leadership ability and what he's done for the franchise," Casserly said in an NFL Network appearance.

While Lewis remained unsigned, four inside linebackers struck deals: Scott (six years, $48. million), Brooking (three years, money undisclosed), Davis (terms undisclosed) and the New Orleans Saints' Jonathan Vilma (five years, $34. million).

Scott surprisingly received the largest contract even though he went to just one Pro Bowl (2006) and never led a team in tackles.

But Casserly said "it's not even a question" that he would pursue Scott over Lewis because Scott is five years younger.

When asked why the Jets chose Scott over Lewis, Ryan explained that Scott is younger and more versatile (he can play inside or outside linebacker).

"At the end of the day, both of them are outstanding players," Ryan told Jets reporters.

Dunn declined to put a timetable on when Lewis would make a decision, but he said the two were scheduled to talk tonight and tomorrow.

"I know he's certainly excited about the future," Dunn said.

Notes: The Ravens continued talks with free agent offensive tackle Marvel Smith, 30, the Pittsburgh Steelers' starting left tackle for nine seasons. If the Ravens sign Smith, it could lead to the release of Willie Anderson, which would free up $2.9 million of salary-cap space. ... Jason Brown, the Ravens' starting center last season, officially signed his five-year, $37.5 million contract with the St. Louis Rams. "To tell you the truth, I was hoping to stay at home with the Ravens," Brown said at his Rams news conference. "Many players would like to stay with the team that drafted them and would like to finish their careers there ... Unfortunately, there's a separation between business and the personal side of football, and they had to make a business decision."
 02-28-2009, 11:54 PM         #426
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do we even have this thread? thers like at least 10-15 threads about signing rumors/news.
 03-01-2009, 12:00 AM         #427
JCWhy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bx_bomberz said:
and when he cameback for the last 4 games he posted a 110 rating...

out of the 4 games 3 were against playoff teams

the giants falcons and cardinals... in those 4 games he threw 8tds and only 1 int

keep hatin on him tho... so when the vikes comethru and wreck your favorite team u can be suprised and i can be on some i told you so sh*t
so he played 4 games with a 110 rating(one against a team who didnt win a game another where the the team was resting players) and you are puttin him and peyton manning in sentences together? are you not gonna talk about his last game of the season that post season game? 43% 164 yards and a pick for a 45.4 rating. well at least its kind of close to half of that 110 number you are mentioning:agreement6:
 9 years ago '04        #428
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,862 | Props total: 2013 2013
damn man how did we fu*k this sh*t up?

a week ago I heard he wanted to play here...

now were not even on his list anymore?

what the fu*k is wrong with our front office..

its hard being an eagles fan... very hard
 9 years ago '05        #429
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 notoriousthugzz said:

The Eagles front office found out that he was asking for less from other teams, so they backed out
 9 years ago '05        #430
Bx_Bomberz 183 heat pts183
space
space
$19,499 | Props total: 12598 12598
 JCWhy83 said:
so he played 4 games with a 110 rating(one against a team who didnt win a game another where the the team was resting players) and you are puttin him and peyton manning in sentences together? are you not gonna talk about his last game of the season that post season game? 43% 164 yards and a pick for a 45.4 rating. well at least its kind of close to half of that 110 number you are mentioning:agreement6:
all im sayin is hes not nearly as bad as ppl would have you believe

housh would catch 6-7 balls per game for the vikes and like housh said himself
he will get single coverage because of all the attention paid to peterson

according to him he will beat single coverage 98.6% of the time

should open the offense up for peterson and especially for berrian bombs downfield
 03-01-2009, 12:45 AM         #431
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Vikes would still need a QB tho. I think yall need a new QB coach or something.
 03-01-2009, 01:41 AM         #432
JCWhy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bx_bomberz said:
all im sayin is hes not nearly as bad as ppl would have you believe

housh would catch 6-7 balls per game for the vikes and like housh said himself
he will get single coverage because of all the attention paid to peterson

according to him he will beat single coverage 98.6% of the time

should open the offense up for peterson and especially for berrian bombs downfield
that had me when i first heard that. this just gives them 2 number 2 wide outs and with the current qb situation they need an elite playmaker at wr and housh aint that. he is gonna be frustrated in the offense i think plus now there is gonna be a lot of money wrapped up in receivers if they get this done
 9 years ago '06        #433
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,070 | Props total: 18822 18822
teh eagles don't need Housh......they can sign Marvin Harrisson for less and get about the same type of impact, plus Harrisson is a Philly guy and all that.....

it's like JC said tho, Philly needs a big play reciever right now tho......they need to make something happen in the draft or work out a trade.....they'll probably do niether however, and just hope that Jackson continues to develop....
 9 years ago '04        #434
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,868 | Props total: 68 68
They're trying to work on a deal to get Holt for a pick and Reggie Brown. Can't be mad @ us backing off from housh after he came at us sideways with the "oh I wanna be an Eagle but I'm asking yall for more than anyone else" bullsh*t. But the Dawkins move is still stinging.

Last edited by Gtownkid04; 03-01-2009 at 02:31 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #435
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 JCWhy83 said:
that had me when i first heard that. this just gives them 2 number 2 wide outs and with the current qb situation they need an elite playmaker at wr and housh aint that. he is gonna be frustrated in the offense i think plus now there is gonna be a lot of money wrapped up in receivers if they get this done
Yeah but they compliment each other, Berrian & Housh are 2 completely different style Wideouts regardless of how "elite" they are. Berrian is the deep ball big play receiver, Housh is your possession receiver who is ALWAYS huge on 3rd downs, tough, will give you YAC & Top 3 Red Zone WR..... You wont be able to box up as many players if youre the defense with Housh spread out, safeties are already aware of Berrian & his breakaway speed on the outside, Housh will take advantage of a defense who is always pressing up for Peterson to touch the rock or fall back in coverage so Berrian doesnt roast them & Housh will eat alot of small catches.

Strong move for Minnesota regardless of how you cut it
 03-01-2009, 09:19 AM         #436
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chris Canty’s visit to the New York Giants on Saturday failed to result in a contract, so the door remains open for the Green Bay Packers if they’re willing to pay within the free-agent defensive end’s financial parameters.

Canty’s agent, Brad Blank, said he spoke with Giants officials Saturday and the contractual gulf was large enough that they no longer are in the bidding. Canty isn’t scheduled to fly from New York to Seattle until early Sunday evening, and has several other teams, including the Packers, wanting him to visit as well.

“Seattle’s up now,” Blank said. “That can change (though). One phone call from the Packers or Broncos or San Francisco or Tennessee, or someone I haven’t even talked to yet, can change that.”

Blank on Saturday spoke to Reggie McKenzie, the Packers’ co-director of football operations, who told him the team still wants Canty in for a visit after first expressing that desire Friday. But Blank wants to hear from General Manager Ted Thompson directly whether the Packers are in Canty’s financial ballpark before scheduling a visit to Green Bay.

In the opening hours of free agency, Canty had an oral agreement with the Washington Reskins for a deal that included about $20 million in guarantees, but the Redskins backed out after signing defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to a mega-contract. Judging by that near-deal, Canty in all likelihood won’t sign any time soon unless he gets an offer with guarantees in the $15 million to $20 million range.

“Reggie said he told Ted the parameters I was talking,” Blank said. “Ted didn’t say no. He didn’t say yes, but he didn’t say no.”

At age 26, Canty is hitting his prime as a player and has been effective in the relatively low-profile job of defensive end in the Dallas Cowboys’ 3-4 defense. He was a fourth-round draft pick by Dallas in 2005 and is available in free agency in part because the Cowboys don’t have much salary-cap space.

The Packers are switching to a 3-4 defense this offseason and are pursuing Canty as a ready-made player for new defensive coordinator Dom Capers’ scheme.

Also in free agency, Packers defensive lineman Colin Cole has drawn a surprising amount of interest early on.

Cole, a backup for the Packers the last four-plus years, has drawn serious interest from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to The St. Petersburg Times, and visited the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday, according to NationalFootballPost.com. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch also has reported that the Rams appear to have interest in Cole, though there were no reports Cole has plans to visit the Rams.

Cole’s agent, Neil Cornrich, couldn’t be reached for comment.

The Packers appear to want to re-sign Cole as well, if the price is right, though he’s only an OK fit in their new 3-4 defense. At 6-feet-1 and 330 pounds, he’s the right size for a 3-4 nose tackle, but there are questions about whether he’s stout enough to hold up at that position on a regular basis. He’s shorter and heavier than preferred defensive ends in the 3-4 but could play there as a backup run stopper.

Tampa Bay’s strong interest stems from its new defensive coaching staff, which includes two former Packers a.ssistants who coached Cole. Jim Bates, the Packers’ defensive coordinator in 2005, is Tampa Bay’s new defensive coordinator, and Robert Nunn, a defensive line coach with the Packers from 2005-08, is the Buccaneers’ new defensive line coach.
 9 years ago '06        #437
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 RicFlair said:
From the jump Ive been saying that Canty wants too much to be a depth player. I know the intentions were to play him at DT in the 4-3 but hes purely a 3-4 end in my eyes.

Packers makes sense, their front 7 could be serious.. I think Kampman will boss out as a 3-4 end even more then he did in the 4-3 (which is saying something), Barnett & Hawk on the inside with drafting a big body like Raji out of BC & their Front 7 will be hella scary.... Packers need to blitz their LBs more, vanilla a.ss D schemes should be deaded with Capers there hes a solid pickup & a 3-4 suits them
 9 years ago '08        #438
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,826 | Props total: 12537 12537
 notoriousthugzz said:

Housh aint worth the money. Hes a possesion reciever and we need a Game changing WR. Not to mention he tried to pull some sideways sh*t against eagles management. Hope we can land holt or boldin. Harrison would be a good look in the slot as well. Or if that dude from MD is availiable at 21
 03-01-2009, 10:38 AM         #439
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint said:
Housh aint worth the money. Hes a possesion reciever and we need a Game changing WR. Not to mention he tried to pull some sideways sh*t against eagles management. Hope we can land holt or boldin. Harrison would be a good look in the slot as well. Or if that dude from MD is availiable at 21
i actually think a housh jackson duo would be good in philly

quick jackson on one side with possession housh on the other

i think he wants too much money though
 03-01-2009, 10:45 AM         #440
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First of all, I slipped out the door as soon as I filed my Rocky Bernard story for the paper last night. Just had to step away from the computer(s) - yep, I've been using my laptop and the desktop and the BlackBerry (man, I'm a loser) - for a few hours before I went insane.

The story for the paper, which included final confirm Bernard had signed, didn't make the site here, so we never wrote here that he actually signed the deal. The Giants confirmed it shortly after it was reported they had agreed to terms. Here's their story with quotes, the origin of Bernard's name and all that good stuff.

Now, on to DE/DLChris Canty, whose visit is continuing this morning. And apparently, it's just as intense on the Giants' end as it was before Bernard signed.

I've done some thinking on this one and tried to figure out how Canty fits into the Giants' plans. From a football standpoint, it's pretty clear they've told him he's a starting tackle. There's no way they can sign him without telling him he's a starter. That means either Fred Robbins or Barry Cofield would get the squeeze. Cofield is young and improving while Robbins was the Giants' best defensive player for the first six games last year. It doesn't make sense, I know, but I'm telling you that's got to be their plan - or at least what they're telling Canty right now.

Now, from a financial standpoint, signing Canty is also a possibility. (And yes, they're still in the running. Someone e-mailed me this story today and I asked Canty's agent, Brad Blank, about it. He didn't say he was misquoted, but he did tell me, "I never said I was done talking to the Giants. I pride myself on never saying never or making statements like that.")

Our Paul Needell, God love him, did some sniffing around last night and told us he heard Bernard's contract was a 4-year, $16-million deal. No word yet on guarantees, but let's a.ssume it's slightly less than half.

Okay, now stay with me. Supposedly, Canty was going to get $8 million per year from the Redskins with $18 million guaranteed. That was the offer before they ditched him for Albert Haynesworth. And speaking of the crown jewel of this free-agent class, the Giants were in interested in his services - just not as much as the Redskins were when it came to final bidding time. But the Giants put a solid offer on the table. How much? Dunno. But through the wonderful process of deductive reasoning, we can a.ssume it was a bit less than the 7-year, $100-million contract (that's probably going to wind up being a 4-year, $48-million deal) Haynesworth got from the Redskins. Say, for argument's sake, it was a similarly long deal that was really a 4-year, $40-million offer.

So the Giants had slated that much to be used on one defensive tackle. Well, who's to say they can't use all of that money to nab two? In other words, they've used $16 million of that $40 million on Bernard. (Even though the guaranteed money is the real key. But let's stick with this for now.) That leaves $24 million for Canty - not to mention the money Bernard, who turns 30 soon, might not see on the back end of his deal if the Giants cut bait after two or three years with him. And if you factor in the money they'll save from another roster spot - remember, if you have two guys instead of one Haynesworth, you'll have to cut someone else - there's suddenly a bit more money in the bank.

Look, all of this stuff above was my way of spelling out for you something simple: the money the Giants had slated for Haynesworth can be split between Bernard and Canty. And their offer to Canty could be close to that magical $8-million figure. And maybe that'll be good enough because that number was provided by the Washington Redskins (who maybe should change their mascot to the Drunken Sailors, because that's the way they spend money on an annual basis). And you don't want to base what you do on what the Redskins do. That's just bad for business.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago