Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-28-2009, 06:28 PM         #361
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fuji i been sayin thats what they were gonna do
 9 years ago '06        #362
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1

He said he wants to play in Minnesota so I think its kind of a lock, hes been there all day today & made the announcement today that hes gonna decide tomorrow

Its either Hawks, Giants, Vikes or back to Cincy
 9 years ago '05        #363
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
Still don't want him...
 9 years ago '06        #364
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 mt fuji said:
Saints pull a fast one

The Jets and Giants have every right to be livid at the Saints. As part of the Jets' agreement with New Orleans last year when they traded Jonathan Vilma, they received a fourth-round pick from the Saints that would jump to a second-rounder if Vilma played 85% of the plays, which he did, and he signed a contract extension before free agency started Friday, which he didn't. If he had signed before Friday, the second-round pick the Saints committed to the Giants for Jeremy Shockey would have gone to the Jets and the Saints would have compensated the Giants with their No. 1 pick in 2010.

Vilma started all 16 games for the Saints and was their leading tackler. The Saints always wanted him back and Vilma wanted to be back, but there was no chance the Saints would sign him before Friday and lose their No. 1 pick. Clearly, they were not afraid of losing him on the open market. Or could it be they had a deal already arranged?

Vilma signed a five-year, $34 million deal with the Saints on Friday afternoon with $17 million guaranteed. Tannenbaum put no protection in the trade language that would account for the Saints signing Vilma once free agency had started. While the Saints technically did nothing wrong, their behavior violates the spirit of the deal. The Jets should file a grievance with the league office.
Not really much of a fast one, thats been the plan from the gate. Saints wanted to get him back obv. with how fast they signed him on Friday but they werent willing to give up a 1st just to retain dude.
 9 years ago '04        #365
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
i dont know how old housh is

but this statement seems backwards: “I’m a 27-year-old in a 31-year-old body.”...is that something to brag about???
 02-28-2009, 06:35 PM         #366
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 all3rd said:
Probably the Jets should but I doubt they win anyways John Clayton says Jay Cutler is furious and wants to be traded cause of the whole Cassel thing but Dever denied the request for now.
Someone needs to tell him to sit his diabetic down syndrome looking a.ss down and take a insolin shot.

Phil Rivers really is about to run this pus*y out the division...
 9 years ago '04        #367
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
& how could the eagles fu*k this up???
 9 years ago '06        #368
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 casper said:

but this statement seems backwards: “I’m a 27-year-old in a 31-year-old body.”...is that something to brag about???
What? How?

What would you rather hear if youre signing someone

"Ima 31 year old in in a 27 year old body"

"Ima 27 year old in a 31 year old body"

Give me the n*gga who feels like hes 27 over the n*gga who feels like hes pushing the casket on his career.
 9 years ago '05        #369
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 867 867
 casper said:

how does that not make ne sense to u?

hes 31 and feels 27
 9 years ago '06        #370
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 casper said:
& how could the eagles fu*k this up???
Housh played Philly, he wanted more money then he would accept anywhere else if he was gonna play there
 9 years ago '05        #371
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
eagles stay getting sh*tted on.... ya'll will finish last and miss the playoffs
 9 years ago '04        #372
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
think about it he should say "im 31 in a 27 year olds body"

that would mean his body is more durable....a 27 year old stays healthier than a 31 year old, wouldnt u think??
 02-28-2009, 06:50 PM         #373
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo, Rocky! Giants and Bernard working on deal

I don’t think anybody’s waiting this long for Rocky since Clubber Lang.

Still, much like Mr. T, the Giants could eventually get their man. Defensive tackle Rocky Bernard is still officially on his visit with the team (either at the stadium, or somewhere in the area) and he’s not sticking around for nothing. According to a source familiar with the situation, the two sides are attempting to hammer out a deal on a contract.

It’s not clear exactly why it’s taking so long, but I’m told there has been considerable progress and there’s the possibility that something could be done soon (Warning: I’ve heard that before at various points during the day). And just in case things don’t work out, Cowboys DE Chris Canty has arrived for his visit and is on deck.

Canty, though, could very likely be left at the altar for the second time in two days. He was all set to visit the Washington Redskins on Friday, complete with a full itinerary that would’ve had him attending the Washington Wizards game that night (with Barack Obama … not with him, exactly, but they both would’ve been there). Then, when the Redskins signed Albert Haynesworth at 5:30 a.m. on Friday, Dan Snyder cancelled Canty’s trip.

Now, if Bernard signs, Canty will likely be out of luck with the Giants, too. Another source familiar with the Giants plans said the outcome of Canty’s visit appears tied to the Bernard negotiations. In other words, if Bernard strikes a deal, Canty gets to go home. If Bernard doesn’t strike a deal, negotiations with Canty will heat up before he heads for a scheduled visit with the Seahawks on Monday.

The Giants are not believed to be interested in signing both.

9 years ago '05        #374
Bx_Bomberz 183 heat pts183
space
space
$19,359 | Props total: 12382 12382
housh will fit in perfectly with the vikes

as a vikings fan im psyched
 9 years ago '06        #375
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,457 | Props total: 17887 17887
I don't believe this if he is on the block Jerry Reese will get him
 9 years ago '06        #376
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,457 | Props total: 17887 17887
man fu*k Housh i want calvin johnson
 02-28-2009, 06:58 PM         #377
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jets hopefully :applause:
 02-28-2009, 06:59 PM         #378
JCWhy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he will regret it if he goes to minny
 9 years ago '07        #379
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
New York Giants and defensive tackle Rocky Bernard agree to terms
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
Saturday February 28, 2009, 7:53 PM

Scott Rovak/US Presswire
Bernard can get after the quarterback up the middle - and that's why the Giants wanted him.The first two free agents to visit the Giants didn't make it out the door without a contract.
Hours after signing linebacker Michael Boley, the team has agreed to terms on a contract, according to someone familiar with the progress of negotiations. Length and terms are not yet available.

Bernard, who turns 30 in April, should help the Giants get the push up the middle they like to see from their defensive tackles, such as Fred Robbins, who's incredibly quick and nimble for a player who's listed at 317 pounds but probably weighs even more. Bernard has 29 career sacks in seven NFL seasons (all with the Seahawks), including 11 in the past three seasons after recording a career-high 8 1/2 in 2005.

The question now is whether the Giants can also reel in Chris Canty. The 6-7, 304-pound former Cowboy is a 3-4 defensive end who would likely play tackle for the Giants if he signed. Canty is having dinner with line coach Mike Waufle tonight and will meet with the team tomorrow. He's got several suitors lined up and an $8-million-per-year price tag, so the Bronx native's chances of playing for one of his two hometown teams appear to be slim now that Bernard has agreed to join the Giants.

MG

02-28-2009, 07:01 PM         #380
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New York Giants and defensive tackle Rocky Bernard agree to terms
by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger
Saturday February 28, 2009, 7:53 PM
Scott Rovak/US PresswireBernard can get after the quarterback up the middle - and that's why the Giants wanted him.
The first two free agents to visit the Giants didn't make it out the door without a contract.

Hours after signing linebacker Michael Boley, the team has agreed to terms on a contract, according to someone familiar with the progress of negotiations. Length and terms are not yet available.

Bernard, who turns 30 in April, should help the Giants get the push up the middle they like to see from their defensive tackles, such as Fred Robbins, who's incredibly quick and nimble for a player who's listed at 317 pounds but probably weighs even more. Bernard has 29 career sacks in seven NFL seasons (all with the Seahawks), including 11 in the past three seasons after recording a career-high 8 1/2 in 2005.

The question now is whether the Giants can also reel in Chris Canty. The 6-7, 304-pound former Cowboy is a 3-4 defensive end who would likely play tackle for the Giants if he signed. Canty is having dinner with line coach Mike Waufle tonight and will meet with the team tomorrow. He's got several suitors lined up and an $8-million-per-year price tag, so the Bronx native's chances of playing for one of his two hometown teams appear to be slim now that Bernard has agreed to join the Giants.

MG

cool, will be good in DT rotation
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago