Official NFL Free Agency Thread (Rumors/Trades/Signings/Releases)

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #261
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 The Blueprint said:
yea right mothafuka. Number one defense in the NFC. And unlike them f*g**t purple birds we keeping all of our D together

Ravens back to 5-11 next year
f*g**t a.ss purple birds, eh.

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '08        #262
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,820 | Props total: 12518 12518
 Andre3000 said:
Dawkins??? U sure about that??
Dawkins hasnt signed yet dummy.

Dawkins deal not done; Lito to Jets?
Here's the latest on what has been an unbelievably hectic day of Eagles offseason news.

Let's start with Brian Dawkins. We played it safe here at MTC, waiting to hear confirmation on the deal in Denver before going ballistic. And that has not happened yet. David White of the San Francisco Chronicle, who first reported that Dawkins and the Broncos had agreed to a deal, just e-mailed me. He has recently heard from Dawkins' agent, and the two sides are still in negotiations. In other words, Dawkins has not yet signed. It's not a done deal. I don't know if that's good news for Eagles fans or if everyone is bummed that it has even gotten this far. Maybe someone can direct Dawkins to the comments on today's blog posts, where we've seen nothing but an outpouring of support for him.

Just a few minutes ago, an e-mail from reader Jake:

Is our beloved Dawk gone yet? It is pretty much inevitable? It seems as though we're all living in one big nightmare today...

Many of you have expressed similar sentiments. We could have updates on this later tonight or tomorrow.

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. The backlash from the fan base if Dawkins lands in Denver will be like nothing we've seen during this current era of Eagles football.
 02-28-2009, 12:20 AM         #263
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint said:
Dawkins hasnt signed yet dummy.

Dawkins deal not done; Lito to Jets?
Here's the latest on what has been an unbelievably hectic day of Eagles offseason news.

Let's start with Brian Dawkins. We played it safe here at MTC, waiting to hear confirmation on the deal in Denver before going ballistic. And that has not happened yet. David White of the San Francisco Chronicle, who first reported that Dawkins and the Broncos had agreed to a deal, just e-mailed me. He has recently heard from Dawkins' agent, and the two sides are still in negotiations. In other words, Dawkins has not yet signed. It's not a done deal. I don't know if that's good news for Eagles fans or if everyone is bummed that it has even gotten this far. Maybe someone can direct Dawkins to the comments on today's blog posts, where we've seen nothing but an outpouring of support for him.

Just a few minutes ago, an e-mail from reader Jake:

Is our beloved Dawk gone yet? It is pretty much inevitable? It seems as though we're all living in one big nightmare today...

Many of you have expressed similar sentiments. We could have updates on this later tonight or tomorrow.

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. The backlash from the fan base if Dawkins lands in Denver will be like nothing we've seen during this current era of Eagles football.
Even if he dont that n*gga old as sh*t. Yall D aint better than ours this year.
 9 years ago '08        #264
space
space
 *Perry* said:
lmfao ravens and eagles are gettin r*ped like a white bi*ch in kobes room

what an attention wh0ore. Please tell me how anyone gets r*ped in FA, on the first day nonetheless. Signing huge FAs really helped the foreskins out before. :rolleyes:
 9 years ago '08        #265
space
space
 Andre3000 said:
Even if he dont that n*gga old as sh*t. Yall D aint better than ours this year.
riggggggggght.

Haynesworth gonna pull a hammy chasing donnie mac.
 9 years ago '05        #266
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 The Blueprint said:
riggggggggght.

Haynesworth gonna pull a hammy chasing donnie mac.
Let's not forget why Haynesworth ripped Gurode's helmet off in the middle of the pile to step on his face, Gurode was whipping his a.ss up and down the field
 02-28-2009, 01:47 AM         #267
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint said:
yea right mothafuka. Number one defense in the NFC. And unlike them f*g**t purple birds we keeping all of our D together

Ravens back to 5-11 next year
dude the staple of your defense is gone. wtf are you talking about?

and were losing bart scott, thats it. trust me, hes very replaceable. leonhard will go to the jets but landry is the better of the two safeties. plus we have loads of talent at the position with nakamura and zbikowski.
 02-28-2009, 01:48 AM         #268
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
Yeah seeing as Warner said a few weeks ago its either Cardinals or retirement I dont see any chance he leaves, especially since Boldin coming back would be a big part of his decision & it looks like Boldin is gonna stay now hes just trying to get AZ a little shook up to offer the $ asap

Rams getting Jason Brown was a steal tho for the money, best signing so far
wtf are you smoking? hes now the highest payed center in the game...almost the highest paid offensive lineman. he is NOT that good. no other team was crazy enough to pay him all that money, not even the redskins.
 9 years ago '04        #269
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 Myles Away said:
I'm hearing he's meeting personally with the Seahawks...
Like thats any better than the Vikings.
 9 years ago '05        #270
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
Which one of ya'll bx n*ggas is this;

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #271
KidYungn 280 heat pts280
space
space
$2,237 | Props total: 2 2
Ravens D gonna be suspect next season.
 9 years ago '06        #272
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 ill800 said:
wtf are you smoking? hes now the highest payed center in the game...almost the highest paid offensive lineman. he is NOT that good. no other team was crazy enough to pay him all that money, not even the redskins.
Funny cause your Ravens offered him only 1 Mil less and he took the Rams deal instead

You paid fu*kin Dominique Foxworth 7 Mil but wouldnt up the contract another mil for Brown. Fail.
 9 years ago '05        #273
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 d3athb4dishonor said:
I doubt that.... Derek Andersen only had a bad year because his weapons forgot how to catch the ball too busy doing commercials or wilding out with the front office.

It's a good trade I guess, but it's a big fu*k up on the Pats if Brady isn't ready.
no its not.... there is a reason dude never played... hes not an elite qb, he had trouble a few games just puttin the ball in the air so Randy could go get it and throw bubble screen to Welker I dont think people realize thats the SAME offense that Brady smashed recorded in but this dude put up modest stats....
 9 years ago '07        #274
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
booker is right even if he is a dirty bucs fan who smell like cat sh*t :)
 9 years ago '05        #275
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 Syphernix said:
booker is right even if he is a dirty bucs fan who smell like cat sh*t :)
when Syph agrees with me its just retarded to argue this topic
 02-28-2009, 08:50 AM         #276
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
packers aint doing sh*t this off season

once again

bet there draft is goona look like sh*t too
 9 years ago '07        #277
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
:cool:
 02-28-2009, 09:27 AM         #278
Jay Rock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
atlanta make a god damn move already!!!!
 9 years ago '08        #279
space
space
 ill800 said:
dude the staple of your defense is gone. wtf are you talking about?

and were losing bart scott, thats it. trust me, hes very replaceable. leonhard will go to the jets but landry is the better of the two safeties. plus we have loads of talent at the position with nakamura and zbikowski.
Hes not "gone" yet. And hes 36 and is has multiple lapses in coverage. I love him but hes got 1-2 years left max.

Saturday, February 28, 2009
Saturday Dawkins update Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com

There continue to be conflicting reports this morning as to whether Brian Dawkins is officially a member of the Denver Broncos.

Has he signed? Has he agreed to terms? Do the Eagles still have a chance? Why did they allow him to leave town in the first place?

These are the questions going through the minds of Eagles fans everywhere.

I wish I had something conclusive to tell you, but I do not. So all I can do this morning is round up the various reports. A friend e-mailed me about an hour ago and said he won't believe it until Dawkins is standing up in front of the Denver media with a Broncos jersey. That might be the right way to look at this thing

I'll be monitoring the situation all day, as will reporters from The Inquirer and Daily News so continue to check back on philly.com throughout your weekend. And if you see a report or link that would be of interest to the group, don't hesitate to e-mail me.

Here's a roundup of what we have as of 9:45 a.m.:

** Les Bowen of the Daily News received a text from Dawkins' agent yesterday after the initial San Francisco Chronicle report, saying "in negotiations." As Bowen points out though, Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com later reported (at 9:29 p.m. Friday night) that Dawkins had officially signed a contract.

** A source tells Ray Parillo of The Inquirer: "It is not done." According to Parillo, that quote from an NFL source familiar with the negotiations came "early today." Parillo adds that the Broncos do not have an announcement scheduled, and that a report out of Denver says Dawkins could resume negotiations with the Eagles.

** Donovan McNabb told John Smallwood of the Daily News, "I hope that the story is wrong. I would be upset just like everybody else.

"It would definitely be different to walk into that locker room and not see No. 20. We set a goal to achieve something together [win a Super Bowl], and I hope we can still accomplish that."

** At some point after the initial San Francisco Chronicle report, NFL Network's Adam Schefter said the deal was not done. However, because NFL.com blogs don't have time-stamps, I'm not sure exactly when Schefter's post went up.

** The Denver Post does not confirm that Dawkins is a done deal. "The Broncos can drop a cannonball that would shake the league from here to the Liberty Bell if they can finish off a deal for Brian Dawkins," writes Mike Klis.

** As of last night, Bill Williamson of ESPN.com said a two-year deal was nearing completion, but he did not discount the idea of Dawkins returning to the Eagles.

** At 6:48 a.m. today, Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com reported that a source told him the Broncos had reached a deal with defensive tackle Darrell Reid. Marvez says Dawkins could be next, but he did not confirm that a deal was done.

** Clark Judge of CBSSports.com reported last night that there was no deal in place. Per Judge, Dawkins is expected to stay in Denver through Saturday while negotiations take place.

So there you have it. That is where we stand as of Saturday morning. Again, keep checking back on philly.com for updates throughout the day.
 9 years ago '08        #280
space
space
Eagles sign offensive tackle Stacy Andrews

By Ray Parrillo

Inquirer Staff Writer

The overhaul of the Eagles' offensive line is underway.

The team landed right tackle Stacy Andrews, older brother of right guard Shawn Andrews, as the first catch in the team's venture into free agency. Andrews will be introduced at a news conference today.

But the Eagles could not duplicate that success when their attempt to talk with center/guard Jason Brown, considered the top offensive lineman on the free-agent market, was cut short.

Brown agreed to a contract with the St. Louis Rams last night. His agent, Harold Lewis, said the Eagles were among the first teams to inquirer about his client when free agency started at 12:01 a.m. yesterday. But the Rams called first.

"The Eagles showed some really strong interest in Jason, but we had no inkling until midnight passed," Lewis said. "Who knows? Maybe if they'd have called first, they'd have had the first chance to talk. Jason is not the kind of guy who wants to take a tour."

Lewis said the Eagles told him they needed work on the offensive line.

"And they thought Jason Brown was the premier offensive lineman available out there," Lewis said.

But the Eagles were quick to sign the 27-year-old Andrews, considered the top right tackle in free agency despite undergoing knee surgery in January.

The 6-7, 342-pound Andrews can also play guard, leaving open the possibility Reid could move Shawn Andrews to tackle, where he was an All-American at Arkansas. If not, the brothers will play alongside one another on the right side, a.ssuming Shawn makes a successful recovery from back surgery that forced him to miss nearly all last season.

Stacy Andrews' signing could mean a stabilizing presence for his brother, who said he did not report to training camp last summer because he was suffering from depression. Shawn Andrews made the Pro Bowl in 2006 and '07.

This might also mean the end of Jon Runyan's Eagles career. One of the most popular Eagles, Runyan, 35, had started every game since 2000 at right tackle. He is an unrestricted free agent who is recovering from microfracture surgery on his right knee in mid-January. The prognosis for recovery was four to six months. Runyan is among the most admired Eagles because of his rugged play and willingness to play despite injuries. Including playoffs, he has started 213 consecutive games.

A phone message left for Runyan was not returned.

Runyan and left tackle Tra Thomas started 137 games together, the most by a tandem of tackles in Eagles history. The Eagles also allowed Thomas, 34, to test the free agency. He is probably the top left tackle on the market. Runyan and Thomas have expressed their desire to remain with the Eagles, but the Eagles have a history of shedding players in their 30s.

Stacy Andrews spent most of yesterday undergoing physical examinations with the Eagles. He had reconstructive surgery on his right knee on Jan. 7 after he tore an anterior cruciate ligament in a game against Cleveland Dec. 21, five quarters before the season ended.

The original timetable had him out until training camp, but Andrews told the Cincinnati Enquirer in a Feb. 15 report that he he believed he would be ready for mini-camp in June.

"The rehab is going great, and I'm way ahead of schedule," Andrews said in the story.

Andrews had six starts at left guard for Cincinnati before he was shifted to right tackle. He started 29 games the past two seasons.

The agent for the Andrews brothers, Rich Moran, did not return phone calls.

Looks like runyons time is up in philly. Hell of a pickup from the titans all those years back.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago