Joe Budden - Padded Room (2009)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

how many mics does PR deserve?
1 Mic - terrible/hot garbage 11 4.10%
2 Mics - pretty wack 9 3.36%
3 Mics - Decent but expected more 67 25.00%
4 Mics - Great album/Budden came through 111 41.42%
5 Mics - Classic/Was 100% worth the wait 70 26.12%
Voters: 268. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #41
mims820 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 180 180
This album is pure flames. WTF is wrong with some of you? This IS Joe Budden. You can't expect anything DIFFERENT THEN WHAT HAS BEEN GIVIN...its all real talk. You dudes must live in this fantasy life where its up to YOUR expectations. If you don't like it, delete it.
 9 years ago '04        #42
Big Mike 25 
space
space
space
$494 | Props total: 0 0
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
This album is really hott. With all his classic songs he has dropped since his last album there's no way he's not going to disappoint you with this album. .it's impossible because he set the bar so high. But I feel like this album is very refreshing. It's crazy to hear this and to think that this is going to be in stores, it's so against the grain to what's coming out now days. I would prolly give it like a 4.5. I'm only upset about the family reunion bullsh*t. But besides that I was very happy with this album. The replay value is incredible. If this album isn't top 5 of the year, then 09 is a special year in hip hop.

But I guess my big complaint has gotta be the fact that I feel like he wasted some of his best tracks on MM2 MM3 and halfway house. Imagine if he dropped a double album with the best tracks from all 4 of the last projects he came out with. Can we say an easy classic?

I mean he had 4-5 songs on halfway house that could match up with almost any song on his album. that's very disappointing. Not to mention the numerous classics he had on his MM mixtapes.

Still a great listen non the less but damn Joey don't be so stupid next time. You just missed out on putting together one of the best albums in hip hop history because you wasted 20 classic songs on mixtapes.

The Family Reunion remix is actually not on it....there are pics of the actual CD case floating around which confirms that....
 9 years ago '07        #43
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
the album is a piece of sh*t
 02-18-2009, 11:52 PM         #44
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Big Mike 25 said:
It WAS depressing...wtf were u listening to? lol...most of the songs fit the theme PERFECTLY....

Exxxes
Do Tell
Angel in my life
Pray for me
Blood on the wall
In my sleep
happy holidays (it sounds happy but its actually a depressing song, listen to the lyrics)

I never said it wasn't depressing, I think he could have went deeper. I only had the album for a few hours though, but I plan on giving it a thorough listen tomorrow and I might write a review.

I will definitely cop the album when it comes out to show Joe Budden support.
 9 years ago '04        #45
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440
Not a classic but a really good cd.
 9 years ago '08        #46
koopa24 
space
space
space
$354 | Props total: 184 184
listen to jumpoffs lyrics dum dums....then be realistic and decide if you could create music like that.....9/10.....change has come
 02-19-2009, 01:35 AM         #47
mprjxl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this right here is fire
buying it next week!
 9 years ago '06        #48
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,489 | Props total: 14775 14775
:sleeping-smiley-004:
 02-19-2009, 09:25 AM         #49
Classik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The album was somewhat disappointing when i first heard it because it was definitely NOT what i expected. Joey pushed the envelope on this one though and after a few listens, this sh*t bumps. There are a few songs that leave u with the "what the fu*k" look but in general it was a good effort. His artistry has taken a nu turn. Let us not forget that this is a concept album; every single song follows a particular concept and therefore it may seem left field than what most expect.

All in all, he came through though. Production was great; actually surprised at how well most of the production came out. He chose beats that suit his style, except one or two. Lyrix; Joe always come through w/ the lyrix so great. Concepts; the best part of this.

As a huge Joe Budden fan, i can say that i enjoyed this album but am still kinda disappointed. It cant stand next to MM3... Its still an above average album but Joe should've come through to prove the doubters wrong instead of bringing them something that may be a bit too much for them to grasp/understand.

3.75/5
 02-19-2009, 09:28 AM         #50
Classik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeznutz said:
i am not a joe budden fan i think hes kinda wack and boring but i decided to DL this album and check it out. huge mistake! this album is just terrible. whats with all the pop sounding radio friendly tracks? and the street tracks are just hot garbage. i'm not sure how joey lost more by letting saigon sh*t on him or dropping this weed plate. its funny the joe buden fans on this site just like the saigon battle wont admit for a second that joey lost today. I'm a big wu-tang fan but even i knew 8 Diagrams was wack.
Either u just dont like Buddens or... U didnt listen to the album. I say that because there really isn't any track that is supposed to be "radio friendly". The closest to that is Future... And even that is not so "radio friendly" The rest are concept songs, none are generic w/ autotune and sh*t. And from what everybody knows as "street tracks" there aren't any of those on this... There is the occasional mention of street sh*t but "street tracks".. None..

On another note, u didn't listen to the album. U just jumped in this thread to say some sh*t trying to be interesting... :disdain2:
 9 years ago '05        #51
siggiddy 
space
space
$7,607 | Props total: 1169 1169
how can you not understand the theme of the album?

but that doesnt make it classic like some of you n*ggas are sayin

i'm super disappointed...

my rating = 3

boxden's average = around 3.8
 02-19-2009, 11:25 AM         #52
C-Murduh187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll give Joey a 4/5. Not a GREAT album, but a GOOD one.
 9 years ago '07        #53
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 5328 5328
Joey never disappoints...Good sh*t...4/5....
 9 years ago '07        #54
*-InfiniMatic-* 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,036 | Props total: 3319 3319
...same orange shirt he used in Halfway House
 02-19-2009, 11:47 AM         #55
Robby Digital  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

25 people voting 5 mics = the reason why the review section means nothing... All hating aside, this sh*t is FAR from a classic. I mean lets be logical for a minute, classic albums are never forgotten - this weedplate will be completely forgotten within a few months..
 9 years ago '04        #56
ohhohh 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,574 | Props total: 1114 1114
4 mics
 02-19-2009, 01:07 PM         #57
Classik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeznutz said:
judging by your review i can tell you actually really hate this album except for a handful of tracks but being a budden fanboy you have tried your hardest to big the album up. the album is trash and when i say radio friendly i mean sh*tty sounding beats that you can instantly tell they were trying to go more mainstream with it. it doesnt necessarily have to have autotune for it to be considered radio friendly. the album is just wack and yeah i only listened once but i've been listening to hip hop long enough to be able to determine if beats are sh*tty to me or not. so if your gonna call me a hater then your completely on the opposite side of things which would make you a d*ckrider. alls i'm saying is YOU go and pay money for this i'm gonna save mine. and i love how budden groupies are all trying to justify this weedplate by saying its because its a concept album. fu*k outta here with that. excuses are like a**holes and everybody got one. just be real for the buzz this album had it completely blows.
nope.. It only means that am able to tell the difference between complete garbage *ahem*TOS*ahem* and material that is decent. There IS a difference u know that. Not ONLY black and white are colors. Unless, that's ur view; which would actually explain ur lack of understanding anything artistic.. Simply put; u're "color" blind... Think about that... And think of color as being more than just red, blue, green etc, if u can...

Last edited by Classik; 02-19-2009 at 01:09 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #58
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440
Some tracks I won't listen to but some of them are amazing also
 9 years ago '04        #59
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,273 | Props total: 1039 1039
Who's gonna create the image of this album being moved to recycle bin?
 9 years ago '08        #60
Tjvh616 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 1549 1549
In My Sleep, Exxxes, Pray For Me, I Couldn't Help It >>>>>>>>
I gave it a 4/5. Production was kinda bland and I wish it was a few songs longer.

Note: How come no one mentions "Don't Make Me" I love this sh*t. The beat and that sample are dope.
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy