Joe Budden - Padded Room (2009)

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
176 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

how many mics does PR deserve?
1 Mic - terrible/hot garbage 11 4.10%
2 Mics - pretty wack 9 3.36%
3 Mics - Decent but expected more 67 25.00%
4 Mics - Great album/Budden came through 111 41.42%
5 Mics - Classic/Was 100% worth the wait 70 26.12%
Voters: 268. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #21
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,867 | Props total: 25630 25630
won't know till feb 24th 09
 02-18-2009, 03:03 PM         #22
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spid3yo said:
It's good....really good. But that's about where it stops. What's with all the dying, god, and forgiveness songs anyways? Joe can spit, no doubt, but I didn't like the content. Production was better than what he usually is on so that was a nice change too.
You know that this album is a concept album hence the title right?
 9 years ago '05        #23
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
3.5Mics
 9 years ago '05        #24
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
I Get The Concept Of Everything,Hes Going Crazy In His Head And Hes Gonna Go Into Bellvue 2 Avoid suicide....Yeah, I Know LOL
 9 years ago '04        #25
j0hncena 90 heat pts90
space
space
$11,065 | Props total: 1550 1550
this cd was weak off the first play imma check it out again tonight
 9 years ago '05        #26
casta 
space
space
$293 | Props total: 6 6
..umm decent expected to be better.....Halfway house and MM3 was waaaayyy better IMO
 9 years ago '05        #27
Arsonic. 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,003 | Props total: 107 107
I think its fire...but i've only heard it all the way thru once...
 02-18-2009, 07:00 PM         #28
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm a huge Joe Budden fan, but this album is not what I expected. With a title like "Padded Room," I was expecting something a little more "depressing."

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 02-18-2009 at 07:04 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #29
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,079 | Props total: 32 32
Not impressed at all.
I feel like this dude needs a therapist, instead of "releasing through his music." the sh*t is annoying, I don't want to spend however long the album is hearing about someone his life problems, I want to be entertained.
NEXT!
 9 years ago '04        #30
Big Mike 25 
space
space
space
$494 | Props total: 0 0
I think it's great....dunno how anyone can say it's only 'decent'.....its definitely one of the best albums ive heard in a while...
 9 years ago '05        #31
strigga69 
space
space
$376 | Props total: 0 0
u dudes do know that in mixtapes he has alot more control on what songs to put on

lp's and ep's are controlled by the heads, not joey

i did expect more. but then again maybe its not exactly the way he would have dropped it
 9 years ago '04        #32
Big Mike 25 
space
space
space
I'm astounded that the ppl on this forum only think it's "decent" lol....did you not understand the metaphors/concepts ?......Exxxes, Happy Holidays, Blood on the Wall, Angel in my Life, Pray for me, Do Tell, I Couldn't Help It, and Don't Make Me are ALL great....only song thats ehh is If I gotta go...mostly cause of the hook...
 9 years ago '04        #33
Big Mike 25 
space
space
space
 Get it Right said:
I'm a huge Joe Budden fan, but this album is not what I expected. With a title like "Padded Room," I was expecting something a little more "depressing."
It WAS depressing...wtf were u listening to? lol...most of the songs fit the theme PERFECTLY....

Exxxes
Do Tell
Angel in my life
Pray for me
Blood on the wall
In my sleep
happy holidays (it sounds happy but its actually a depressing song, listen to the lyrics)
 9 years ago '04        #34
Stack_Bundles 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 179 179
Simply Amazing Through & Through
 9 years ago '04        #35
Big Mike 25 
space
space
space
 BRAZZ said:
Im a huge Budden fan and very disappointed with this cd. He's a great emcee but to me he took the Canibus route with these over saturated LONG songs..Why does he have more then 2songs that are 6minutes long? That makes no sense. Im very disappointed but im going to keep listening for a week and see if my feelings change.
I've concluded that the majority of ppl saying its bad are fu*king morons...you claim to be a Budden fan and you're bi*ching about the length of the songs? You do know most of Budden's classic tracks are 6-7 minutes (Dumb out, 3 Sides, All of me).....and actually, the majority of the songs on here are not that long....
 9 years ago '07        #36
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
@ all the hype for this sh*t

some of the worst production ive ever heard... avg. lyrics

2.5/5
 9 years ago '06        #37
jgatling 
space
space
$260 | Props total: 81 81
^^^n*gga IS YOU SERIOUS!!!!..man this album is a 10/10 on LYRICS PERIOD!!!!!...unlike alot of people i focus on the words!!! ....i even threw on ventilation..sidetracked...un4given...the move on remix with slaughterhouse, the soul, and better me to complete the feel of the album...if he would of threw those on there...it would of been a certified classic point blank..

Last edited by jgatling; 02-18-2009 at 10:02 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #38
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
album is amazing!!!, might take a couple listens for the dumb people to catch up, but all the concepts were executed properly. I can't get enough of this album, got it on Repeat

this might be the dopest Concept album Ever.
 9 years ago '05        #39
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
This album is really hott. With all his classic songs he has dropped since his last album there's no way he's not going to disappoint you with this album. .it's impossible because he set the bar so high. But I feel like this album is very refreshing. It's crazy to hear this and to think that this is going to be in stores, it's so against the grain to what's coming out now days. I would prolly give it like a 4.5. I'm only upset about the family reunion bullsh*t. But besides that I was very happy with this album. The replay value is incredible. If this album isn't top 5 of the year, then 09 is a special year in hip hop.

But I guess my big complaint has gotta be the fact that I feel like he wasted some of his best tracks on MM2 MM3 and halfway house. Imagine if he dropped a double album with the best tracks from all 4 of the last projects he came out with. Can we say an easy classic?

I mean he had 4-5 songs on halfway house that could match up with almost any song on his album. that's very disappointing. Not to mention the numerous classics he had on his MM mixtapes.

Still a great listen non the less but damn Joey don't be so stupid next time. You just missed out on putting together one of the best albums in hip hop history because you wasted 20 classic songs on mixtapes.
 9 years ago '05        #40
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,052 | Props total: 6951 6951
Joey went fu*kin in on this one....The Future, Happy Holidays, Pray For Me those my sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
89 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy