81st Annual Academy Awards

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #321
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
Mickey Rourke lost for two reasons... 1. He swore during his acceptance speech of another award. 2. He has a B movie out right now that's hardly playing in any other theaters.

If you're up for an Oscar and you have another movie out that's sh*t, you can basically say goodbye to your award, because the Academy lets emotions and politics influence their votes.
 9 years ago '04        #322
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 Storchaveli said:
Ex-fu*kin-actly. I was so fu*kin pissed when they didn't announce his name. But I think it was more POLITICAL than anything. You know how liberal Hollywood is, and with Sean Penn playing a gay character so well and having a movie like Milk which means ALOT to the industry in this day in age where gay people are basically under attack... you know the Academy might've been swayed to call it his way, at least PARTIALLY. I hate make-up awards, and I'm sure it'll come to Mickey and ANOTHER actor will get fu*ked over the way he did. It's a disgusting cycle.
They were also making up for not picking Brokeback Mountain.
 9 years ago '04        #323
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 juelz318 said:
Someone tell me how you can go partial retard

For real tho, give me a movie that someone did this.
Rain Man.
 9 years ago '08        #324
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,662 | Props total: 2233 2233
All politics, all politics....
 9 years ago '06        #325
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
the Academy lets emotions and politics influence their votes.
And it SHOULDN'T fu*kin be that way. The "Best _______" Award should go to the fu*kin BEST _________. Period.
 9 years ago '07        #326
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 juelz318 said:
Lmao!! How do you go partial retard? If you're a retard, then you're a retard right
 JFamis said:
Rain Man.
what jfamis said and forrest gump they weren't full retard...
 9 years ago '07        #327
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 JFamis said:
Mickey Rourke lost for two reasons... 1. He swore during his acceptance speech of another award. 2. He has a B movie out right now that's hardly playing in any other theaters.

If you're up for an Oscar and you have another movie out that's sh*t, you can basically say goodbye to your award, because the Academy lets emotions and politics influence their votes.
exactly
 9 years ago '06        #328
space
space
 juelz318 said:
Someone tell me how you can go partial retard.
Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sure. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump. Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, 'Being There.' Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. He full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, I Am Sam.' Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...
 9 years ago '05        #329
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
this was the best part of the night for me. LOLOLOL

the pineapple express dudes mess up sum german guys name and are laughin n sh*t

edit: i put that sh*t up 31 minutes ago and its got 210 views

i guess im not the only one that saw that

Last edited by BurninLz; 02-23-2009 at 12:21 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #330
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
F*ck the Academy, the only way they can redeem themselves is if Tarantino wins his past due Oscar next year for IB (because I know it`s gonna be sick),or Scorsese wins one for Shutter Island, or if Depp wins one for Public Enemies..or De Niro in Everybody`s Fine...If that doesn`t happen then f*ck `em..:cool-smiley-009:
 9 years ago '06        #331
space
space
 BurninLz said:
this was the best part of the night for me. LOLOLOL

the pineapple express dudes mess up sum german guys name and are laughin n sh*t

Yeah. And I don't know if it's been mentioned (not going through all these pages) but Hugh Jackman k!llED it. Especially the opening. Cool dude.
 9 years ago '06        #332
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
didn't even watch this sh*t......heard Ledger got his award tho....thank goodness the Academy didn't fu*k that up.....

hope that young man is smiling about that, wherever he is.....he earned it all the way....
 9 years ago '04        #333
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 904Nole said:
F*ck the Academy, the only way they can redeem themselves is if Tarantino wins his past due Oscar next year for IB (because I know it`s gonna be sick),or Scorsese wins one for Shutter Island, or if Depp wins one for Public Enemies..or De Niro in Everybody`s Fine...If that doesn`t happen then f*ck `em..:cool-smiley-009:
Inglourious Basterds doesn't really look like Oscar material, and probably isn't, which is why it's getting a summer release. Everybody's Fine probably sucks, which is why it's having release issues.
 9 years ago '06        #334
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3523 3523
 juelz318 said:
Someone tell me how you can go partial retard

For real tho, give me a movie that someone did this.
Hoffman in Rain Man & Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump

Sean Penn in I Am Sam He went full retard

Last edited by 01seay; 02-23-2009 at 12:45 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #335
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
 JFamis said:
Inglourious Basterds doesn't really look like Oscar material, and probably isn't, which is why it's getting a summer release. Everybody's Fine probably sucks, which is why it's having release issues.
Yeah you`re probably right. But you know how the academy loves war movies. Plus I was just hoping Everybody`s Fine would be good enough to maybe garner De Niro a Oscar Nod..
 02-23-2009, 12:47 AM         #336
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mickey did get robbed. I saw bits and pieces of The Wrestler and that movie looks too sick.

I called out his name and moms said Penn was gonna win it.......

dammit. *owes moms a bootleg*
 02-23-2009, 03:07 AM         #337
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
still think hoffman shoulda got it

and honestly think if ledger didnt die he wouldnt have won it

still did a great job though
@ this bullsh*t...

Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance in "Doubt" will not be remembered even 5 years from now, let alone be an enduring Iconic performance worthy of winning over Ledger's in "The Dark Knight".

It would have been a travesty to give it to anyone but Ledger... Not because he died... But because he died, and his death became a major mystique around the movie, and still when you went into that theater to sit down and watch that film, and you forgot you were watching Heath Ledger...

Or atleast I did... Which was incredible. Because I seriously went into that movie dreading coming out and saying "Man, all I could see is Heath Ledger and I couldn't stop thinking about how he died". The thought never even crossed my mind while watching the movie...

The muthafu*ker made you forget that he died... How much more of a performance do you want?
 02-23-2009, 09:13 AM         #338
JaeRell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HeavenlySword said:
Mickey did get robbed. I saw bits and pieces of The Wrestler and that movie looks too sick.

I called out his name and moms said Penn was gonna win it.......

dammit. *owes moms a bootleg*

lol @ seeing bits and pieces of the wrestler and saying mickey got robbed. what a joke.

sean penn's performance was better. the wrestler was the better movie, but sean penn mannerisms and superb acting in milk was better than micky rourke. just because the movie is better doesn't mean the actor should get the award.
 9 years ago '08        #339
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,814 | Props total: 12508 12508
Ive never been so pissed to see somebody not win an oscar.

Mickey Rouke got fu*king robbed.

fu*kin Los Angeles Screw JOb

02-23-2009, 10:41 AM         #340
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
@ this bullsh*t...

Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance in "Doubt" will not be remembered even 5 years from now, let alone be an enduring Iconic performance worthy of winning over Ledger's in "The Dark Knight".

It would have been a travesty to give it to anyone but Ledger... Not because he died... But because he died, and his death became a major mystique around the movie, and still when you went into that theater to sit down and watch that film, and you forgot you were watching Heath Ledger...

Or atleast I did... Which was incredible. Because I seriously went into that movie dreading coming out and saying "Man, all I could see is Heath Ledger and I couldn't stop thinking about how he died". The thought never even crossed my mind while watching the movie...

The muthafu*ker made you forget that he died... How much more of a performance do you want?

i said the motherfu*ker did a great job, in my opinion though i just thought hoffman did a better job.

its all opinion man
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy