Eagles & Giants frontrunners for Boldin

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
17 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-13-2009, 02:24 PM         #141
G.O.A.T. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateZFinest said:
that was a joke right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
anybody with an IQ above 1 knows it's not the truth.

see a joke can be more then funny. it can be SARCASTIC:greetings10:
 02-13-2009, 02:25 PM         #142
G.O.A.T. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
With injuries and a whole new playbook. Seriously whos your favorite team??
is that the reason you haven't done sh*t in 15 years?

a new playbook didn't stop you from starting @6-2

injuries? every team has them lame
 02-13-2009, 02:27 PM         #143
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G.O.A.T. said:
is that the reason you haven't done sh*t in 15 years?

a new playbook didn't stop you from starting @6-2

injuries? every team has them lame
We played our harder schedule late against good defenses. Our lack of understanding our playbook hurt against good defenses.

Ill just a.ssume your a Raiders fan or something since your avoiding the question.
 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM         #144
StateZFinest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G.O.A.T. said:
anybody with an IQ above 1 knows it's not the truth.

see a joke can be more then funny. it can be SARCASTIC:greetings10:
obviously... which is why i laughed at it. i promised i would laugh at your next joke. don't turn everything into an argument
 02-13-2009, 02:31 PM         #145
G.O.A.T. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
We played our harder schedule late against good defenses. Our lack of understanding our playbook hurt against good defenses.

Ill just a.ssume your a Raiders fan or something since your avoiding the question.
I'm not avoiding any questions. I just don't see the need to repeat myself for slow people

every year your team is a.ss. first it was gonna be Gibbs bringing you back now it's some nobody coach who choked at the end.

atleast you admit most of your 8 wins come against soft schedule
 02-13-2009, 02:34 PM         #146
G.O.A.T. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateZFinest said:
obviously... which is why i laughed at it. i promised i would laugh at your next joke. don't turn everything into an argument
I didn't come on this site to argue. you're the one picking f!ghts..:bigok:
 02-13-2009, 02:37 PM         #147
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G.O.A.T. said:
I'm not avoiding any questions. I just don't see the need to repeat myself for slow people

every year your team is a.ss. first it was gonna be Gibbs bringing you back now it's some nobody coach who choked at the end.

atleast you admit most of your 8 wins come against soft schedule
Ur not a steelers fan. I find that an abysmal lie.

A new coach thats never been a coach before going 8-8 in his first season is whatever you make it.

Right we all cant just make new accounts on Boxden and change teams. That just doesn't seem right to me. Ill make a new account tommorrow and be a Patriots fan. :greetings10:
 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM         #148
G.O.A.T. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
Ur not a steelers fan. I find that an abysmal lie.

A new coach thats never been a coach before going 8-8 in his first season is whatever you make it.

Right we all cant just make new accounts on Boxden and change teams. That just doesn't seem right to me. Ill make a new account tommorrow and be a Patriots fan. :greetings10:
so because you don't believe me then it's a lie

sorry I haven't been on BX my whole life like you and what have the Pats done? they haven't done sh*t since 04 :hang: we've won 2 since their last one
 02-13-2009, 02:55 PM         #149
FPD1530 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would want to see anquan leave AZ...that means Larry fitz would have to carry the recieving load.....I want to see if Larry is good enough to do that....and if he is....I wanna see what kind of numbers he would be able to put up.
 02-13-2009, 04:23 PM         #150
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
adam shefter thinks giants should go after 85

Eli Manning, East Rutherford, NJ
11:07 AM ET
Hey Adam, What do you think the Giants are going to do with their receiving situation? Will they bring back Burress? Will they get Boldin? Or by any chance would they get both of them? I really want to know who i am going to throw the ball to come the 2009 season.
Adam_schefter_headshot_sm
Adam Schefter, NFL Network
What a pleasure it is to get a question from Eli Manning! My question for you, Eli? When you signing that $100 million-plus extension this off-season? Please keep me posted on that one! As for your wide receivers, it's a tough one. It's going to take a whopper of an offer to get Boldin out of Arizona and the Giants can't depend on Burress due to his legal situation and the fact the NFL still can suspend him. If I were the Giants, I would try to trade for Chad Johnson, who I think might be able to be pried loose this off-season. Short of that, they're going to have to count on Steve Smith and Mario Manningham taking a major step up next season. Good luck with them, Eli.
 02-13-2009, 04:27 PM         #151
Deuce Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
adam shefter thinks giants should go after 85

Eli Manning, East Rutherford, NJ
11:07 AM ET
Hey Adam, What do you think the Giants are going to do with their receiving situation? Will they bring back Burress? Will they get Boldin? Or by any chance would they get both of them? I really want to know who i am going to throw the ball to come the 2009 season.
Adam_schefter_headshot_sm
Adam Schefter, NFL Network
What a pleasure it is to get a question from Eli Manning! My question for you, Eli? When you signing that $100 million-plus extension this off-season? Please keep me posted on that one! As for your wide receivers, it's a tough one. It's going to take a whopper of an offer to get Boldin out of Arizona and the Giants can't depend on Burress due to his legal situation and the fact the NFL still can suspend him. If I were the Giants, I would try to trade for Chad Johnson, who I think might be able to be pried loose this off-season. Short of that, they're going to have to count on Steve Smith and Mario Manningham taking a major step up next season. Good luck with them, Eli.

:applause:

We can resurrect his career from the Bungles like Randy Moss in Oakland
 02-13-2009, 04:30 PM         #152
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im not completely against it

be cheaper than the other trade prospects
 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM         #153
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Giants make most sense as Boldin's next destination
Email this article E-MAIL
Sporting News - Print this article PRINT
COMMENTS 10 Sporting News - User Comments
WATCH THIS TOPIC
Sporting News - RSS Feed
Posted: February 16, 2009

The Arizona Cardinals likely won't be playing the 2009 season with Pro Bowl wide receiver Anquan Boldin. He is too expensive for them to extend a long-term deal, and his trade value will never be higher.

There already have been rumors about every wideout-needy team in the league making a pitch for Boldin. He is the most attractive available player at his position. Just his age, 28, makes him stand out against Plaxico Burress (31), Chad Johnson (31) and Terrell Owens (35).

Boldin can easily match all of those receivers in athleticism and physicality. Despite his overblown disagreement with now former Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Boldin doesn't carry the same diva characteristics of that trio. Plus, he will be eager to get out of Larry Fitzgerald's shadow and play for a bigger payday elsewhere.

Which of the trade suitors provides the best fit for Boldin? In an unscientific 1-10 rating system for the guy named "Q," one team stands out from the eight-pack:

1. New York Giants. Boldin's talents are made for a big market. He has more versatility and mettle than Burress. He has experience playing for a Super Bowl team. He has the toughness to play in those physical NFC East games. His route running and ability to pluck almost every throw would allow him to mesh quickly with Eli Manning and the Giants' passing scheme.

The Giants are willing to make a bold move, as seen by last offseason's trade of Jeremy Shockey. The team doesn't have any immediate needs to maintain its status as a Super Bowl contender -- expect settling on a top receiver in the wake of Burress-gate. "Q" rating: 10.

2. Philadelphia Eagles. Boldin would be a great complement to speedsters DeSean Jackson and Kevin Curtis. And we've already seen what Donovan McNabb can do with a receiver of Boldin's caliber. According to general manager Tom Heckert, however, the team has no plans of going after a free-agent wideout, and that sentiment likely includes trading picks or players for Boldin.

As much as a T.O.-like deja vu would be fun for McNabb, it's not happening. "Q" rating: 9.

3. Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins need a bona fide No. 1 receiver to spark their offense. Boldin is the type of bruising receiver Bill Parcells loves. The former Pahokee, Fla., high school star also might be more likely to sign to a long-term deal with a move so close to home.

But Miami, despite its quick turnaround, still has plenty of positional needs, and Parcells prefers to build through the draft instead of making a big splash for one skilled player. As well as Boldin could click with the shorter passing of Chad Pennington, this move is highly unlikely. "Q" rating: 8.

4. Buffalo Bills. The Bills desperately need what Boldin can bring -- an intermediate target who isn't afraid to run routes over the middle and can turn short darts into long gains. Boldin would be an ideal complement for Lee Evans, who operates best as a deep threat. Boldin's sure hands on shorter passes also would boost the confidence of third-year quarterback Trent Edwards, and he would work well with Buffalo's playbook. It would be an aggressive move for a young team, and one that would pay off. "Q" rating: 8.

5. Kansas City Chiefs. There's no question Boldin can thrive in a Haley-led offense. The problem is what it would take for general manager Scot Pioli to swing the deal. The rebuilding Chiefs can't afford to ship high picks for one player, especially when they have a clear shot at Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree at the No. 3 spot. And unless the Chiefs trade for Matt Cassel first, the QB situation is a frustrating one. "Q" rating: 7.

6. Dallas Cowboys. Exit Owens, enter Boldin to join Roy Williams? That would make Tony Romo and coordinator Jason Garrett happy, knowing they wouldn't need to change much in how they go about passing the ball. Such a move is unlikely, through, because after giving up a first-, third- and sixth-rounder to get Williams, there's not much of a package Big D can offer. Also, the team is becoming more focused on re-signing its own players. Boldin is better off avoiding the Cowboys' mess. "Q rating: 6.

7. Oakland Raiders. We know how much the Raiders love super-athletic receivers, and JaMarcus Russell could really use a go-to guy to help him reach the next stage in his development. But the team needs upgrades at several positions and doesn't have the feel of a contender, so Boldin probably wouldn't want to be there beyond his current contract. "Q" rating: 5.

8. Chicago Bears. Brian Urlacher for Boldin? That's just one of many wacky thoughts out there. The Bears wouldn't be an attractive destination for Boldin, considering their uncertainty at quarterback and their lack of receiving threats who can take pressure off him. Although his physical style would be popular in Chicago, he likely would become frustrated by defenses game-planning to make him a non-factor. "Q" rating: 4.

9 years ago '08        #154
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,891 | Props total: 12599 12599
Man if boldin goes to NY and doesnt come here when we got more to offer,
 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM         #155
StateZFinest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint said:
Man if boldin goes to NY and doesnt come here when we got more to offer,
ya'll don't have more to offer

Steve Smith in the slot >>>> Desean in the slot (i'm a.ssuming that's where he'll go if eagles get boldin

Boss >>>> Any TE the eagles have

Eli Manning >>>>> McNabb

Giants O line >>>>> Eagles O line

Brandon Jacobs = Westbrook (they both injured too much)

:) :lachen001:
 9 years ago '08        #156
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,891 | Props total: 12599 12599
 StateZFinest said:
ya'll don't have more to offer

Steve Smith in the slot >>>> Desean in the slot (i'm a.ssuming that's where he'll go if eagles get boldiSn

Boss >>>> Any TE the eagles have

Eli Manning >>>>> McNabb

Giants O line >>>>> Eagles O line

Brandon Jacobs = Westbrook (they both injured too much)

:) :lachen001:
I was referring to us having more picks to offer....Desean as a rookie has alreaedy surpassed steve smith....you can have boss, we saw what happened last year with no plax, celek bout to get his shine this year, he already showed what he is capable of in the playoffs.....eli better then mac .....your o line def is better tho....and id rather have jacobs then westbrook

Last edited by Eagles All Day; 02-17-2009 at 10:55 AM..
 02-17-2009, 10:54 AM         #157
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
would u rather have Portis than westbrook???
 9 years ago '07        #158
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,578 | Props total: 43731 43731
let's just make one thing clear... Santana >>> all NFC East recievers

it's a shame he's never had a good QB to throw to him

Last edited by st21; 02-17-2009 at 10:57 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #159
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
It would be bigger for the Giants to get Boldin than the Eagles to. My reasoning is that 1.) they need to replace Plax. 2.) Most important, this would be huge for two good players at their position to come together at a young age. Eli pairing up with Boldin would be huge; they're both young, tons of talent, and plenty of time to build chemistry. They could be a force for the next 8 years.
 02-17-2009, 10:57 AM         #160
StateZFinest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint said:
I was referring to us having more picks to offer....Desean as a rookie has alreaedy surpassed steve smith....you can have boss, we saw what happened last year with no plax, celek bout to get his shine this year, he already showed what he is capable of in the playoffs.....eli better then mac .....your o line def is better tho....and id rather have jacobs then westbrook
wow , i didn't expect you to agree with a single one of my comments there

yea, desean >>> smith. boss was one of the best tight ends second half of the season (most TD's or tied for first if i recall)

i won't say mcnabb is better than eli untill he gets himself that ring
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy