A-Rod tested positive for steroids in 2003 / All A-Rod Discussion

most viewed right now
 143
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 107
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
14 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 71
Damn!! Is all I can say
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 61
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #161
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
I still believe he didnt do it
 02-07-2009, 12:39 PM         #162
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HR_Paperstacks said:
Being a top prospect in your teens mean nothing. Tons of prospects never pan out each year.
??so????
The point is that he did when he broke into the league.
 02-07-2009, 12:41 PM         #163
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
typo..

griff was better in the 90s. bonds became the greatest right after that.
He wasn't way better, they were very comparable.
Griffey's offense definitely was on par with bonds.

Bonds stats:

Griffey stats:


The proof is right there. Griffey was on bonds level.
 02-07-2009, 12:42 PM         #164
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:
Griffey was on pace to be better. He wasn't in his prime when bonds was in his.
A big part of baseball is player projections.
Griffey hit 600 HRs after an injury plagued career. Think of that.
As far as outfield skills, I'd give the edge the griffey b/c at the very least..he was as good, at a younger age.
I hope ya'll watching mlb network (my fav new channel!), and they're doing a real good report on it all day.
Verducci made a good point, Canseco never had slamming evidence against arod compared to all the others, and he's written 2 books without exposing a-rod and he's said how he hates him, he's fake, etc.
Now their saying his use doesn't compare to clemens, giambi, palmeiro, or Canseco or bonds. Lets hope that's true, bc that's the only thing he has going for him right now if it is.
He was not on pace to be better. He was on pace to have more HR.
 02-07-2009, 12:43 PM         #165
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
typo..

griff was better in the 90s. bonds became the greatest right after that.
Ok. Well you're wrong either way.
 02-07-2009, 12:44 PM         #166
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:
He wasn't way better, they were very comparable.
Griffey's offense definitely was on par with bonds.

Bonds stats:

Griffey stats:


The proof is right there. Griffey was on bonds level.
No he wasn't. Bonds was consistently the better hitter. Griffey just had higher HR totals.
 02-07-2009, 12:46 PM         #167
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
Griffey was not going to be better than Bonds. Only thing he was better at was hitting HR, but Bonds still had a higher SLG year in and year out.
Really?
Bonds slg % since 89

.426
.565
.514
.624
.677
.647
.577
.615
.585
.609
.617
.688

Griffey in the same years (1st year was 89)
.420
.481
.527
.535
.617
.674
.481>>injury season
.628
.646
.611
.576
.556

Wanna re think that?
 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM         #168
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
who has said bonds wasnt good? and comapring big mac and sosa to bonds and griff as players is laughable. bonds imo is the best baseball player all time in the 90s tho i feel griff was alittle better.
wtf? who said I'm comparing bonds n griff to mcgwire n sosa as players?
Can't you read?
I said bc of the mcgwire/sosa hr race bonds starting taking the roids. General consensus is that he was better than both but was taking back seat to the spotlight and wasn't getting his props.
 02-07-2009, 12:49 PM         #169
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
No he wasn't. Bonds was consistently the better hitter. Griffey just had higher HR totals.
the only real differnces was bond's walks which lead to his higher obp.
 02-07-2009, 12:50 PM         #170
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:
wtf? who said I'm comparing bonds n griff to mcgwire n sosa as players?
Can't you read?
I said bc of the mcgwire/sosa hr race bonds starting taking the roids. General consensus is that he was better than both but was taking back seat to the spotlight and wasn't getting his props.
misinterpreted what u meant relax there big guy
 9 years ago '07        #171
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
if u thought arod had pressure on him last year just wait til this season starts, hes gonna be on suicide watch


i guess hank will be the only one on the top of the home run list without an asterisk next to his name...
 9 years ago '05        #172
KruptedWayz 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$3,634 | Props total: 794 794
LOL at the media hating on Jose when he said A-Rod did steroids, now whos laughing..........
 02-07-2009, 12:53 PM         #173
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The stats show the truth. Bonds had the clear edge in on base % but the rest of their hitting stats show they were close. How can you deny the numbers right in front of you.
 02-07-2009, 12:53 PM         #174
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Truth B T0ld said:
if u thought arod had pressure on him last year just wait til this season starts, hes gonna be on suicide watch


i guess hank will be the only one on the top of the home run list without an asterisk next to his name...
until fmart comes and smashes all the records
 02-07-2009, 12:53 PM         #175
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
misinterpreted what u meant relax there big guy
I was bout to say b/c I'm on your side lol
 02-07-2009, 12:54 PM         #176
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Truth B T0ld said:
if u thought arod had pressure on him last year just wait til this season starts, hes gonna be on suicide watch


i guess hank will be the only one on the top of the home run list without an asterisk next to his name...
my hr leaders black, his helmet was blue......sorry..lol
 02-07-2009, 12:55 PM         #177
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:
Really?
Bonds slg % since 89

.426
.565
.514
.624
.677
.647
.577
.615
.585
.609
.617
.688

Griffey in the same years (1st year was 89)
.420
.481
.527
.535
.617
.674
.481>>injury season
.628
.646
.611
.576
.556

Wanna re think that?
I may have been wrong in saying year in and yea out, but Bonds had a higher slg during that period of time.
 02-07-2009, 12:56 PM         #178
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
the only real differnces was bond's walks which lead to his higher obp.
And his stolen bases and stolen base%. Those are the big differences. Bonds also had a higher slg during the 90s.
 02-07-2009, 12:57 PM         #179
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:
The stats show the truth. Bonds had the clear edge in on base % but the rest of their hitting stats show they were close. How can you deny the numbers right in front of you.
I'm not. Bonds had the better numbers....
 02-07-2009, 12:58 PM         #180
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
And his stolen bases and stolen base%. Those are the big differences. Bonds also had a higher slg during the 90s.
o ya i forgot ur the guy who feels sbs are a more important stat than homers and rbis.

i dnt believe that either of those stats are tell all but sb is a overrated stat as well.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy