A-Rod tested positive for steroids in 2003 / All A-Rod Discussion

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-07-2009, 12:13 PM         #141
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
above avg= very good right?

and u dont know when he started using you can guess but you dont know. if yall actcually knew about roids and perfomance enhancers ud know that body type does not equal roid use.
No. Above average means above average. Very good means very good.
 02-07-2009, 12:15 PM         #142
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
he was not top 10 b4 roids and id still say griff was alittle better in his prime. i dnt believe u can separte the roid bonds from the old bonds you dont know when he started no1 does but him. same with arod clemens and etc. however bonds is the best player ive ever seen i beleive more ppl did roids than didnt so i dnt hold it against anyone.
Bonds was so skinny compared to when he started, (most say right after the mcguire/sosa home run race). He went from a thin guy to a guy with a head the size of a heavy medicine ball.

A-rods numbers have been good since he started playing most games in a season. His numbers dipped a tad in 04, then went back up (04 was when he got tipped on testing). Since 03, steroid testing has been advanced, their saying it's way harder for him to get pass tests since then.
Larry Bowa and scouts have been saying A-rod is a beast since before he entered the league, now it's all questioned but steroids doesn't help hand eye, throwing accuracy. His hr numbers havn't been the same since 03. Except for 07, which is obviously raising red flags.
 02-07-2009, 12:16 PM         #143
LJay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i motherfu*kin knew it
only man not on roids is david eckstein
 02-07-2009, 12:16 PM         #144
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
hititng numbers were close alittle edge to bonds. however griff played centerfield was a great teammate and had some great postseasons. bonds cost his team a ring.

but of course being a stat geek and not actcually watching games u prolly didnt know that.
Bonds was a better hitter, and he was a better base runner. Him being a great teammate does not mean he was a better player. He played centerfield, but he played very deep, which allowed to make all those flashy plays, but he was overrated in the field, imo.

I don't count postseasons too much. Getting there is very team dependent.
Yea, I don't watch games. you're right.
 02-07-2009, 12:17 PM         #145
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justindlawson said:
i will say this...look at david ortiz..

[pic - click to view]

why is his last name not ortiz in this pic?

i guess he changed his name to reinvent himself.
That's his real last name, he's asked them to call him ortiz. Family issue maybe?
Besides going to his belly, fat went to his head too...or is it fat at all?

[pic - click to view]

02-07-2009, 12:18 PM         #146
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlackandGifted said:
You know White America was :angry12: when he passed babe, when he passed Aaron it came and went they swept it under the rug as fast as possible

IMHO Still
Bonds = GOAT
No, white America was not mad when he passed Bonds. Stop.

And Bonds is top 6 or 7, not the GOAT.
 02-07-2009, 12:19 PM         #147
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
Bonds was a better hitter, and he was a better base runner. Him being a great teammate does not mean he was a better player. He played centerfield, but he played very deep, which allowed to make all those flashy plays, but he was overrated in the field, imo.

Bonds was the best in baseball, and griffey was going to be better, until McGwire n sosa/Griffeys injuries. Anyone who doesn't realize how good bonds always was isn't a baseball fan. Those who criticized him after he started to get big were the same ones saying he never had to take steroids.
 02-07-2009, 12:21 PM         #148
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:

more steals mean hes a better base runner? and griff played a deep cf but was able to get to shallow balls as well as deep balls his range was what made him great. he was maybe the most naturally talented player to ever step on the field. i dnt think there was a big differnce between the two but id say griff was alittle better in the 90s for the reasons i stated. i dnt care if u agree or not. but to act like theres some huge differnce between the two is retarded. they were 1 and 2 throughout the 90s. id just prefer to have the guy whose playing center over left and the guy who showed up in the postseason than the 1 who did jack sh*t and was booed outta town.
 02-07-2009, 12:21 PM         #149
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:
Bonds was the best in baseball, and griffey was going to be better, until McGwire n sosa/Griffeys injuries. Anyone who doesn't realize how good bonds always was isn't a baseball fan. Those who criticized him after he started to get big were the same ones saying he never had to take steroids.
Griffey was not going to be better than Bonds. Only thing he was better at was hitting HR, but Bonds still had a higher SLG year in and year out.
 02-07-2009, 12:23 PM         #150
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:
who has said bonds wasnt good? and comapring big mac and sosa to bonds and griff as players is laughable. bonds imo is the best baseball player all time in the 90s tho i feel griff was alittle better.
 02-07-2009, 12:24 PM         #151
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
more steals mean hes a better base runner? and griff played a deep cf but was able to get to shallow balls as well as deep balls his range was what made him great. he was maybe the most naturally talented player to ever step on the field. i dnt think there was a big differnce between the two but id say griff was alittle better in the 90s for the reasons i stated. i dnt care if u agree or not. but to act like theres some huge differnce between the two is retarded. they were 1 and 2 throughout the 90s. id just prefer to have the guy whose playing center over left and the guy who showed up in the postseason than the 1 who did jack sh*t and was booed outta town.
His range was not great. Sorry, I'm not buying it. You don't care if I agree, but you're wrong. Sorry. Giving Griffey credit for playing center field does not make up the gap in offensive value. And Bonds was a very very good LFer. He's an underrated fielder.

But yeah, keep caring about who got booed, and I'll care about who did what on the field.:greetings10:
 02-07-2009, 12:25 PM         #152
InAMajorWay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol im not really that surprised he did it, he even said his self he knew about the positive test in 2003, Baseball is the laughing sport of america right now
 02-07-2009, 12:25 PM         #153
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
who has said bonds wasnt good? and comapring big mac and sosa to bonds and griff as players is laughable. bonds imo is the best baseball player all time in the 90s tho i feel griff was alittle better.
If Bonds is the best in 90's HOW THE fu*k IS GRIFFEY BETTER?
 02-07-2009, 12:29 PM         #154
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The funny thing is, like a lot of other players, a rod didn't take it to get better b/c he was a top prospect since his teens. And he's probably going to have a good year, especially with better protection. But with his fragile ego and quest to do everything right, this is the worst thing that could happen to him. Like dave chappelle said bout kobe having to play for his freedom after colorado, A-rod better play for his legacy.
Teixeira bout to sell a sh*t load of extra jerseys

Last edited by GrilledCheese; 02-07-2009 at 12:30 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #155
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 KrayLay said:
No, white America was not mad when he passed Bonds. Stop.

And Bonds is top 6 or 7, not the GOAT.
Are you insane they were furious, there were polls on ESPN that asked did they validate him passing and the numbers displayed some angry ppl and there were even polls about race

and Bonds is the GOAT check the stats

Poll shows sharp racial divide about Bonds
28% of whites hope star breaks HR mark, compared to 75% of blacks
This was a poll after he passed Ruth and asked did they want him to break the record

shows one hell of a racial divide to me so how do you think they felt when he passed babe
 02-07-2009, 12:31 PM         #156
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:

The funny thing is, like a lot of other players, a rod didn't take it to get better b/c he was a top prospect since his teens. And he's probably going to have a good year, especially with better protection. But with his fragile ego and quest to do everything right, this is the worst thing that could happen to him. Like dave chappelle said bout kobe having to play for his freedom after colorado, A-rod better play for his legacy.
Teixeira bout to sell a sh*t load of extra jerseys
Being a top prospect in your teens mean nothing. Tons of prospects never pan out each year.
 02-07-2009, 12:32 PM         #157
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
Griffey was on pace to be better. He wasn't in his prime when bonds was in his.
A big part of baseball is player projections.
Griffey hit 600 HRs after an injury plagued career. Think of that.
As far as outfield skills, I'd give the edge the griffey b/c at the very least..he was as good, at a younger age.
I hope ya'll watching mlb network (my fav new channel!), and they're doing a real good report on it all day.
Verducci made a good point, Canseco never had slamming evidence against arod compared to all the others, and he's written 2 books without exposing a-rod and he's said how he hates him, he's fake, etc.
Now their saying his use doesn't compare to clemens, giambi, palmeiro, or Canseco or bonds. Lets hope that's true, bc that's the only thing he has going for him right now if it is.

Last edited by GrilledCheese; 02-07-2009 at 12:36 PM..
 02-07-2009, 12:36 PM         #158
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
His range was not great. Sorry, I'm not buying it. You don't care if I agree, but you're wrong. Sorry. Giving Griffey credit for playing center field does not make up the gap in offensive value. And Bonds was a very very good LFer. He's an underrated fielder.

But yeah, keep caring about who got booed, and I'll care about who did what on the field.:greetings10:
i never said bonds was not a good lf. he was the best left fielder of all time. however left field is the easiest postion to play. comapring a gg left fielder to a gg cf is laughable.

the offensive gap is small. idk what u are talking about.

and bonds lf play cost his team in the playoffs. but of course u dnt kno that.
 9 years ago '08        #159
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
A-rod
 02-07-2009, 12:37 PM         #160
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
typo..

griff was better in the 90s. bonds became the greatest right after that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago