A-Rod tested positive for steroids in 2003 / All A-Rod Discussion

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-08-2009, 08:18 PM         #261
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well i think some will get in bonds, arod, clemens
 02-08-2009, 08:51 PM         #262
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eh sh*t like this makes me not even want to watch baseball now
its one thing if baseball allowed it then fine id watch
but to know they are doing something illegal "cheating" in other words is wack

sh*t what next Ryan Howard is on roids? Texeira?

i mean really......
baseball is already boring imagine if people use this as a reason to stop watching ?
i doubt it tho but who knows.....
if HOCKEY can survive.....
 9 years ago '04        #263
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 KrayLay said:
There is no hate. Griffey was my favorite player growing up. It wasn't later that I realized he was overrated. He was a good center fielder at best. He is overrated because you see all the flashy plays from the highlights, so you think he is great. It's the availability bias. But you don't see all the other plays.
Alot of haters like yourself don't realize when they're hating, so I'll just agree to disagree now.

Saying Ken Griffey Jr. was good at best proves you might be the biggest hater on the face of the earth.
 9 years ago '04        #264
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 FlashP3 said:
wow ur pretty stupid. jones was a better fielder than griffey.
You're right, I did understate Andruw Jone's defensive ability. I guess with his terrible all around year last year, I forgot that he himself has I think 10 gold gloves.

He's right up there with Griffey.
 02-08-2009, 09:48 PM         #265
FlashP3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
You're right, I did understate Andruw Jone's defensive ability. I guess with his terrible all around year last year, I forgot that he himself has I think 10 gold gloves.

He's right up there with Griffey.
griffey is by far the better player but aj is the better fielder...its a fact.
 02-08-2009, 10:05 PM         #266
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
Alot of haters like yourself don't realize when they're hating, so I'll just agree to disagree now.

Saying Ken Griffey Jr. was good at best proves you might be the biggest hater on the face of the earth.
I'm not a hater. I take a very scientific approach when I analyze/discuss baseball, and try to be as objective as possible. I've given you my reasons for why I believe he is not as good as people make him out to be, and if you're going to counter that by calling me a hater, than do you.
 02-08-2009, 10:08 PM         #267
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FlashP3 said:
well i think some will get in bonds, arod, clemens
Bonds and Clemens most likely wont. If they do, it will take a while. Not sure about A-Rod. FWIW, if I had a vote, I'd put them all in.
 9 years ago '06        #268
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
I wouldn't ^.
 9 years ago '08        #269
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,845 | Props total: 1341 1341
 KrayLay said:
Bonds and Clemens most likely wont. If they do, it will take a while. Not sure about A-Rod. FWIW, if I had a vote, I'd put them all in.
I agree...it's sad that doping in baseball won't go away but the fact is that while the stars who are guilty of cheating have the bullseye on their backs, there were a good amount of other players who have flown under the radar...in my mind, there were so many other players on roids/HGH that it's impossible to pick out all the cheaters, and if the playing field were level, guys like the aforementioned would still have had HOF careers...

I think the important thing to think about in relation to these cheaters being outed...something that no one talks about...is the various players who had great careers that paled in comparison...guys who yer almost certain never did roids...like Frank Thomas, Jim Thome...I think in the minds of the average fan, 500 HRs in a career has been underrated since the mid 90s imo basically
 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM         #270
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 triznathaniel said:
I agree...it's sad that doping in baseball won't go away but the fact is that while the stars who are guilty of cheating have the bullseye on their backs, there were a good amount of other players who have flown under the radar...in my mind, there were so many other players on roids/HGH that it's impossible to pick out all the cheaters, and if the playing field were level, guys like the aforementioned would still have had HOF careers...

I think the important thing to think about in relation to these cheaters being outed...something that no one talks about...is the various players who had great careers that paled in comparison...guys who yer almost certain never did roids...like Frank Thomas, Jim Thome...I think in the minds of the average fan, 500 HRs in a career has been underrated since the mid 90s imo basically
I'm not certain about anyone when it comes to who or who didn't use PED's. But I do agree that Thome and Thomas are criminally underrated. Especially Thomas, he's one of the top 20 or so hitters of all time.
 9 years ago '05        #271
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,700 | Props total: 77 77
he's on espn right now in an interview
 9 years ago '05        #272
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,700 | Props total: 77 77
they're gonna show the full interview on the 6pm(est) sportscenter
 9 years ago '05        #273
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
His voice shaking at times, Alex Rodriguez met head-on allegations that he tested positive for steroids six years ago, telling ESPN on Monday that he did take performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day," Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons in an interview in Miami Beach, Fla. "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time.

"I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Rodriguez's admission comes 48 hours after Sports Illustrated reported that Rodriguez was on a list of 104 players who tested positive for banned substances in 2003, the year when Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed in the sport.

Sources who know about the testing results told SI that Rodriguez tested positive for testosterone and Primobolan, an anabolic steroid. In his ESPN interview, Rodriguez said he did not know exactly which substance or substances he had taken. In 2003, there were no penalties for a positive result.

"I am sorry for my Texas years," the New York Yankees third baseman said. "I apologize to the fans of Texas."

Rodriguez, who joined the Yankees for the 2004 season after a trade from Texas, said "all my years in New York have been clean." He also said it felt good to be honest about what he's done in the past.

"The more honest we can all be, the quicker we can get baseball [back] to where it needs to be," he said.

Rodriguez said he was told by Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the MLB Players' a.ssociation, that he might, or might not, have tested positive in the 2003 survey. A source told ESPN on Saturday that Rodriguez knew he had failed the test.

"I had never heard anything since," he said. "Whatever I was experimenting with in Texas might have been OK."

Rodriguez also said of his 2007 interview with Katie Couric on "60 Minutes," when he denied ever using steroids, that "at the time, I wasn't being truthful with myself. How could I be truthful with Katie Couric or CBS?"
 9 years ago '04        #274
gamespitter84 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,392 | Props total: 79 79
Just glad its not griffey
 02-09-2009, 01:40 PM         #275
GrilledCheese 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thank you president Bush for making this an issue, thank you Mr. Mitchell, red sox board member who pushed for it and got red sox players to be left off list.
Thank you Jose Canseco for not letting it die down.
Thank you Bud Selig and the MLB for letting steroids be normal in baseball in hopes of making $$.
Thank you Arod for being insecure and in the tabloids every week so now fans don't care when you get on the front page.
 9 years ago '06        #276
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
It wasnt a banned substance when A-Rod tested positive
 02-09-2009, 01:42 PM         #277
JCWhy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everybody should just come clean like this when their name is brought up. even though he did deny it on 60 minutes a couple years ago
 9 years ago '06        #278
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,318 | Props total: 18254 18254
okay cool he confessed , now lets play ball!!!!
 9 years ago '06        #279
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
at least he admitted it and didn't try to just drag himself through the mud more by saying he didn't do it
 9 years ago '07        #280
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,973 | Props total: 791 791
 LowaEastSide5 said:
okay cool he confessed , now lets play ball!!!!
I agree. fu*k it lets move on.
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy