Feb 5 - 'There Definitely Is A God': Christians Hit Back At Atheist Buses Wit Adverts

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
Am I going blind or I can't see the quote button on here anymore?
 02-05-2009, 11:31 PM         #22
Diggity199  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shaolin_Bees said:
Not true. Show me where it says that scientist know that there was nothing before the Big Bang. Here's a theory, go look up 'Big Bounce'.

Athough I believe laws and theories are capable of being defied in rare or extreme occasions, and it has happened, no scientist will say that there was nothing prior to the Big Bang when the first law of thermodynamics states that energy can be transformed, but it can not be created nor destroyed.

I don't mean to be rude and no offense, but that is beyond stupid. We are not capable due to our present day limits on technology of finding out 'the truth', but I don't believe we are not capable of knowing 'the truth' because we aren't smart enough.

Don't you see how horribly wrong it is to say that either god exist of it was the big bang that caused everything? What makes you think those are the only two options? Could it be, because that is all you were taught, or force-fed rather?!

God always seems to appear when someone doesn't understand something.

You're a fu*king blithering idiot..the big bang was disproved in 1996...get with the fu*king times, holy sh*t.
 9 years ago '04        #23
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9465 9465
It's funny to me how Christianity is the only religion that catches so much heat. I mean fools must be scared as sh*t of Christians because every single day, people try so hard to tear down the Christian faith. I mean people define themselves by "not being blind by Christianity".

You don't see Buddhism, Zen, Hinduism, Muslim, Judaism, or any other religion catch as much flack as Christianity.

The media especially loves to discredit Christianity.

I mean if athiests are so pumped up that there is no God, to the extent where they take out bus advertisements, means that they are that concerned with the "non-existance" of something. And tell me, what benefit does that contribute to the world? Honestly.

If you don't believe in God, cool. Do your thing. Someone might try to talk to you about it, maybe even convince you, but if that's not your thing, that's your choice. My choice is to believe and have faith.

On the other hand, those damn bible thumping jahova's witnesses be buggin the sh*t outa me knockin like the police on a saturday morning at 8am. :angry12:

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 02-05-2009 at 11:47 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #24
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 2D.... said:
Religion is for the blind, Atheism is for the ignorant.
[/thread]
:applause:
 02-05-2009, 11:56 PM         #25
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
It's funny to me how Christianity is the only religion that catches so much heat. I mean fools must be scared as sh*t of Christians because every single day, people try so hard to tear down the Christian faith. I mean people define themselves by "not being blind by Christianity".

You don't see Buddhism, Zen, Hinduism, Muslim, Judaism, or any other religion catch as much flack as Christianity.

I mean if athiests are so pumped up that there is no God, to the extent where they take out bus advertisements, means that they are that concerned with the "non-existance" of something. And tell me, what benefit does that contribute to the world? Honestly.

If you don't believe in God, cool. Do your thing. Someone might try to talk to you about it, maybe even convince you, but if that's not your thing, that's your choice. My choice is to believe and have faith.

On the other hand, those damn bible thumping jahova's witnesses be buggin the sh*t outa me knockin like the police on a saturday morning at 8am. :angry12:
I'd say Christianity gets A LOT of heat because Christians are portrayed to disagree with other views or enforce their own beliefs, on others. I doubt atheist only don't believe in what Christians believe. It's safe to a.ssume atheist in general don't believe in god period. But I honestly never met a muslin, or jew, or hindu etc., that imposed their views on others. Where as you got many variations of Catholics that go out of their way to get you to believe rather than you do the searching on your own. The media in general is terrible
 9 years ago '04        #26
space
space
 Shaolin_Bees said:
I'd say Christianity gets A LOT of heat because Christians are portrayed to disagree with other views or enforce their own beliefs, on others. I doubt atheist only don't believe in what Christians believe. It's safe to a.ssume atheist in general don't believe in god period. But I honestly never met a muslin, or jew, or hindu etc., that imposed their views on others. Where as you got many variations of Catholics that go out of their way to get you to believe rather than you do the searching on your own. The media in general is terrible
Oh believe me, I know about Catholics. I was baptized Chatholic, but I don't agree with a lot of their beliefs. Like you can buy your way into heaven, confession to a man instead of to God, etc.

You're right though. Religions should be like a job fair. You can go around and pick up info about the ones you're interested in. Not trying to force other people to believe what you do, and then condem them when they choose not to
 02-06-2009, 12:58 AM         #27
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

Maybe it could be because Christianity is the major religion in the Uk? Yes? No? Im thinking Yes. If it were a country with a majority of Sikhs, you see the same thing. If it were a country of Muslims, you wouldnt see it, you'd be stoned to death but I can only see that as being the logical thing.

and really, if you look at it. The first advertisment wasnt directed at Christians. It just said "there is no god". Is God not in every religion? It was the Christians who took offense to it.

Next advert needs to read "Prove it"
 02-06-2009, 01:14 AM         #28
stepyourgameup  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
I am not just saying the big bang, any theory for the start of this universe or the previous universe or the very very first universe requires an existence point. If there is no point of existence then it always existed. I have yet to hear anyone give any other explanation.

Think about it, if something is here and real then it was either created or always existed. Logically how else could it be real or here?

It could be something that we have yet to even imagine. Try to think of what it would be like explaining gravity to people 5,000 years ago. They wouldn't even be able to comprehend what you're talking about. And let's not forget that time is simply the measure of objects through space. One day is the earth rotating once. One year is the earth revolving once around the sun. If before the big bang nothing was moving, then time didn't exist. But as usual it's easier for people to make special rules for zeus/flying spaghetti monster/god/whatever you believe in than it is to think about things logically.
 02-06-2009, 01:52 AM         #29
whoismikesuh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow this is the first peaceful religious argument ive seen on boxden
i cant believe it
anyways religion or non-religion should be found by
the person seeking or running away from it. i mean at times you may need a helping hand but YOU should ask for it not be forced into it
no one should really hold your hand and tell
you what to believe in or what not
its a personal experience and if you want to share it with other people who have the same beliefs thats fine, but if your going to force it upon someone its wrong
 9 years ago '04        #30
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,915 | Props total: 634 634
 xeduran said:
Here you go:

I am in a hotel right now and the connection sucks so I cannot look up more articles right now.

Even if you believe in multiple universes before ours, what came before those universes? You either believe in something always existing or something coming into existence out of nothing. It is simple logic. What other explanation do you have?

Also the laws of thermodynamics and physics do not apply before the universe or universes were or was created. Our laws of physics only apply to our universe after its existence. Any respectable scientist will tell you that.
i do remember though, reading in either in scientific american or discover about this female leading scientist who came up with a theory that allowed for the universe to be everlasting, always had been here and will always exist while creating new matter. it sounds against the law but when i read it it made some sense. but it was a damn long time ago though.

still i think its senseless that people go on and on about this stuff. if theres freedom of speech you do and advertise waht you want. but i see a bunch of confused ppl who arent very strong in whatever they believe in. and no you cant prove anything either way, but really waht does it all matter. just live and enjoy the sh*t. people spend thier whole lives doing and preparing for sh*t that might not even happen, not just religion, and then we cant even enjoy each other. i wonder how many people think about how we are the only known intelligent life in the universe, or at least accessible in the universe, because if they did maybe we realize that we all really need each other, and stop the bullsh*t.
 02-06-2009, 02:03 AM         #31
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whoismikesuh said:
wow this is the first peaceful religious argument ive seen on boxden
i cant believe it

anyways religion or non-religion should be found by
the person seeking or running away from it. i mean at times you may need a helping hand but YOU should ask for it not be forced into it
no one should really hold your hand and tell
you what to believe in or what not
its a personal experience and if you want to share it with other people who have the same beliefs thats fine, but if your going to force it upon someone its wrong
Yeah, it's the time zones, Rancid's asleep.

02-06-2009, 02:14 AM         #32
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDigga said:

9 years ago '04        #33
Big Moon Dawg 
space
space
$3,126 | Props total: 1 1
 2D.... said:
Religion is for the blind, Atheism is for the ignorant.
and recycled old cliches are for c*nts...
 9 years ago '04        #34
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
And you will know

my name is the Lord

when I lay

my

vengeance upon thee!!!!

*bang bang*

xeduran said:
Most Atheists and Christians are closed minded idiots, and I am a Christian. You cannot prove or disprove that there is a God, so neither group should be saying anything like it is a fact. The belief in a God relies on faith since there is no actual proof besides a book written many many years ago by many different men.

With that said I never understood why it is so absurd to Atheist to believe that a God exists. If you believe that there is no God then explain what caused the Big Bang. Scientists even say there was nothing before the Big Bang. So how did nothing become a huge amount of Mass and Energy?

Either way I have come to the realization that time as we know it is not linear. Past/Present/Future do not go in that order but all three are circular and always exist. Either the Universe has always existed or God has always existed. Our understanding of existence does not apply to the Universe or a god/gods. One of the two or both have had to always exist.

I also firmly believe that our brain is not capable of fully understanding the truth at this point and maybe ever.

Last edited by Magnificent Phoenix; 02-06-2009 at 08:58 AM..
 02-06-2009, 09:03 AM         #35
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDigga said:

LMFAO

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GhostDigga again.
 02-06-2009, 09:20 AM         #36
stepyourgameup  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's funny how people here talk about EXTREMIST atheists. That's like talking about people who are EXTREMIST against believing in unicorns. I mean hey, maybe there's one out there somewhere. And it seems this thread thinks your ignorant if you're not open to that possibility. Seems kind of ridiculous to me though.
 9 years ago '04        #37
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 2D.... said:
because they completely disregard the possibility of a higher power (not necessarily "god")

and with so much uncertainty with the formation of the universe, and how even fundamental things work that we dont fully understand, its ignorant to make that bold of a statement
Not all atheists disregard the possibility of a higher power, in fact most probably don't, most atheists are probably negative/weak atheists, who don't believe in gods, but also don't affirm that there are not and cannot be gods (which positive/strong atheism does). For example, notice that the ad that the Christians are responding to says "There is probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life", so it doesn't deny the possibility. Notably, unlike the Christian ad, which states that there is definitely a God, and in doing so illustrates one major difference for the people who like to draw comparisons between atheism and religion.

Last edited by HHS; 02-06-2009 at 09:35 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #38
space
space
 tweedle- said:
Maybe it could be because Christianity is the major religion in the Uk? Yes? No? Im thinking Yes. If it were a country with a majority of Sikhs, you see the same thing. If it were a country of Muslims, you wouldnt see it, you'd be stoned to death but I can only see that as being the logical thing.
I think you're right. It's a numbers game. Because there are so many Christians, leads to the fact that more will be persecuted.

Also, you don't really hear about the hindu's going around door to door trying to recruit for the team.

So pretty much the Chatholics, Mormons, and Jahovas Witnesses gave the rest of Christianity a bad name.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 02-06-2009 at 11:23 AM..
 02-06-2009, 11:59 AM         #39
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"so join the christian party and enjoy your life"

thats one party i want 2 be invited to :rolleyes:

i wonder why they didnt go with an exact response 2 the atheist busses, something like:

"there definitely is a god SO BE SCARED, FEAR HIM U fu*kERS!!!"
 02-06-2009, 12:00 PM         #40
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
And you will know

my name is the Lord

when I lay

my

vengeance upon thee!!!!

*bang bang*

yeah i really want a violent god who cant let a grudge go.

at least his lads a bit more down 2 earth and not hot headed
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago