Feb 5 - 'There Definitely Is A God': Christians Hit Back At Atheist Buses Wit Adverts

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
49 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-05-2009, 08:20 PM         #1
7315 pageviews
160 comments

JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Feb 5 - 'There Definitely Is A God': Christians Hit Back At Atheist Buses Wit Adverts

Christian groups are launching their own advertisements to run across the side of London buses following an atheist campaign.

The British Humanist a.ssociation launched adverts earlier in the year proclaiming: 'There is probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.'

It sparked almost 150 complaints to the Advertising Standard Authority from people claiming the campaign was offensive.

Now the Christian party, the Trinitarian Bible Society and the Russian Orthodox Church have paid for their own pro-God adverts that will run on 175 buses across central and east London and the West End for two weeks from Monday.

The advert for the Christian Party includes the slogan: 'There definitely is a God. So join the Christian Party and enjoy your life.'

The Russian Orthodox Church, meanwhile, has booked 25 bus adverts, backed with a sponsorship deal with Russian Hour TV.

The Trinitarian Bible Society's advert uses a line from Psalm 53 that reads: 'The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God.' It will appear on 100 buses.

The ASA ruled that the Humanist a.ssociation's campaign did not break any advertising rules, concluding that the adverts were an 'expression of the advertiser's opinion and that the claims in it were not capable of objective substantiation'.

As a result it was ruled that it was unlikely to mislead or to cause widespread offence.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://www.dailymail.co.u .. s-adverts.html

160 comments for "Feb 5 - 'There Definitely Is A God': Christians Hit Back At Atheist Buses Wit Adverts"

02-05-2009, 08:45 PM         #2
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most Atheists and Christians are closed minded idiots, and I am a Christian. You cannot prove or disprove that there is a God, so neither group should be saying anything like it is a fact. The belief in a God relies on faith since there is no actual proof besides a book written many many years ago by many different men.

With that said I never understood why it is so absurd to Atheist to believe that a God exists. If you believe that there is no God then explain what caused the Big Bang. Scientists even say there was nothing before the Big Bang. So how did nothing become a huge amount of Mass and Energy?

Either way I have come to the realization that time as we know it is not linear. Past/Present/Future do not go in that order but all three are circular and always exist. Either the Universe has always existed or God has always existed. Our understanding of existence does not apply to the Universe or a god/gods. One of the two or both have had to always exist.

I also firmly believe that our brain is not capable of fully understanding the truth at this point and maybe ever.
 02-05-2009, 08:55 PM         #3
Steveo54  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
Most Atheists and Christians are closed minded idiots, and I am a Christian. You cannot prove or disprove that there is a God, so neither group should be saying anything like it is a fact. The belief in a God relies on faith since there is no actual proof besides a book written many many years ago by many different men.

With that said I never understood why it is so absurd to Atheist to believe that a God exists. If you believe that there is no God then explain what caused the Big Bang. Scientists even say there was nothing before the Big Bang. So how did nothing become a huge amount of Mass and Energy?

Either way I have come to the realization that time as we know it is not linear. Past/Present/Future do not go in that order but all three are circular and always exist. Either the Universe has always existed or God has always existed. Our understanding of existence does not apply to the Universe or a god/gods. One of the two or both have had to always exist.

I also firmly believe that our brain is not capable of fully understanding the truth at this point and maybe ever.
just because you dont know what caused the big bang, doesnt mean that there must be a god that made it happen. we have no idea how the universe began, but to pass off lack of knowledge as an existence of god is no better than what people did thousands of years ago to try to explain phenomena that today we understand the science behind.

other than that, i agree fully with your post. why do we have so much hate for the other side, as jay z said "what you eat dont make me sh*t."
 9 years ago '05        #4
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7100 7100
lmao at you saying Scientists believed that nothing existed before teh big bang. Point me in the direction of one scientist that believes that, please. Any credible scientist will tell you that they BELIEVE that there was always SOMETHING. The Big Bang was simply the beggining of OUR universe as we know it.

Anyway, thats a different argument for a different thread on a different day.

This thread is funny, because if the Christians really believe that they have to have a campaign to combat the Athiests campaign, then they must really not feel to confident about their followers faith.

If you people are so sure of it, why are you always trying to push it into other peoples heads?

I'm an athiest, and I dont criticize any of my friends or family or are religious. To each his own. But if I say i'm an Athiest its like I smacked some people in th fu*king head with a brick.
 02-05-2009, 09:11 PM         #5
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
Not true. Show me where it says that scientist know that there was nothing before the Big Bang. Here's a theory, go look up 'Big Bounce'.

Athough I believe laws and theories are capable of being defied in rare or extreme occasions, and it has happened, no scientist will say that there was nothing prior to the Big Bang when the first law of thermodynamics states that energy can be transformed, but it can not be created nor destroyed.

xeduran said:
I don't mean to be rude and no offense, but that is beyond stupid. We are not capable due to our present day limits on technology of finding out 'the truth', but I don't believe we are not capable of knowing 'the truth' because we aren't smart enough.

Don't you see how horribly wrong it is to say that either god exist of it was the big bang that caused everything? What makes you think those are the only two options? Could it be, because that is all you were taught, or force-fed rather?!

God always seems to appear when someone doesn't understand something.
 02-05-2009, 09:15 PM         #6
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BULLsh*t!

What a bunch if little kids these atheist and theist "extremists" are.

Here's MY advertisement.

No one gives a fu*k if you believe in god or not.

Now fu*k off and enjoy your life.

Close thread.
 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM         #7
Steveo54  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shaolin_Bees said:
exactly. its like the moment you cant explain how something happened, its a "miracle" or god must have been behind it in some way. isnt that just taking the easy way out?
 9 years ago '04        #8
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 413 413
at this.

Losers.
 02-05-2009, 10:03 PM         #9
2D....  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Religion is for the blind, Atheism is for the ignorant.
 02-05-2009, 10:25 PM         #10
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shaolin_Bees said:
Not true. Show me where it says that scientist know that there was nothing before the Big Bang. Here's a theory, go look up 'Big Bounce'.

Athough I believe laws and theories are capable of being defied in rare or extreme occasions, and it has happened, no scientist will say that there was nothing prior to the Big Bang when the first law of thermodynamics states that energy can be transformed, but it can not be created nor destroyed.

I don't mean to be rude and no offense, but that is beyond stupid. We are not capable due to our present day limits on technology of finding out 'the truth', but I don't believe we are not capable of knowing 'the truth' because we aren't smart enough.

Don't you see how horribly wrong it is to say that either god exist of it was the big bang that caused everything? What makes you think those are the only two options? Could it be, because that is all you were taught, or force-fed rather?!

I never said a God had to exist, in fact I was being neutral yet you still took offense. Don't talk to me about theory, I am not stupid. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and have taken microscale thermodynamics and quantum physic courses.

Point blank it doesn't matter what scientific theory you look at for the universe or the big bang, something had to always exist. Our concept of time for the most part has been one of linearity. Are people really capable of understanding something that always existed?

As for your belief that our current minds can actually comprehend the universe and its existence, good for you. I do not give us that much credit. Even our greatest minds to this date still know very little.

To call my belief stupid makes no sense. Why would you think that beings that are used to the notion of an existence would be capable of understanding something that always existed?

Scientists have come a long way in understanding certain things but we still know relatively nothing when it comes to the universe.
 02-05-2009, 10:28 PM         #11
Exclusiv3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So... advertisements? Anybody see anything wrong with this?
 02-05-2009, 10:32 PM         #12
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
lmao at you saying Scientists believed that nothing existed before teh big bang. Point me in the direction of one scientist that believes that, please. Any credible scientist will tell you that they BELIEVE that there was always SOMETHING. The Big Bang was simply the beggining of OUR universe as we know it.

Anyway, thats a different argument for a different thread on a different day.

This thread is funny, because if the Christians really believe that they have to have a campaign to combat the Athiests campaign, then they must really not feel to confident about their followers faith.

If you people are so sure of it, why are you always trying to push it into other peoples heads?

I'm an athiest, and I dont criticize any of my friends or family or are religious. To each his own. But if I say i'm an Athiest its like I smacked some people in th fu*king head with a brick.
Here you go:

I am in a hotel right now and the connection sucks so I cannot look up more articles right now.

Even if you believe in multiple universes before ours, what came before those universes? You either believe in something always existing or something coming into existence out of nothing. It is simple logic. What other explanation do you have?

Also the laws of thermodynamics and physics do not apply before the universe or universes were or was created. Our laws of physics only apply to our universe after its existence. Any respectable scientist will tell you that.

Last edited by xeduran; 02-05-2009 at 10:41 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #13
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23

--------------

Atheism is for the ignorant? Explain

They call this a hit back? wow just wow rofl
 02-05-2009, 10:51 PM         #14
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
I never said a God had to exist, in fact I was being neutral
Contradiction. How can you say you were being neutral when VVVV

xeduran said:
Either the Universe has always existed or God has always existed. Our understanding of existence does not apply to the Universe or a god/gods. One of the two or both have had to always exist.

My point is, why are the only options either god or the big bang?

I agree with this though
"Scientists have come a long way in understanding certain things but we still know relatively nothing when it comes to the universe."
 02-05-2009, 10:56 PM         #15
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steveo54 said:
exactly. its like the moment you cant explain how something happened, its a "miracle" or god must have been behind it in some way. isnt that just taking the easy way out?
If you think it is easy believing in a God then you are sadly mistaken. It requires faith as there is no actual proof. I just do not find it much harder to believe in a higher being that caused creation than to believe in creation always existing.

Another quote for you about the big bang by the way.

This is from Stephen Hawking´s “A Briefer History of Time”:

“Correspondingly, if, as is the case, we know only what has happened since the big bang, we cannot determine what happened beforehand. As far as we are concerned, events before the big bang can have no consequences and so should not form part of a scientific model of the universe. We should therefore cut them out of the model and say that the big bang was the beginning of time. This means that questions such as who set up the conditions for the big bang are not questions that science addresses.”

This is why you do not try to use the laws of physics for our universe before the big bang. They do not apply.

By the way the big bounce theory has yet to be proven and is not the current leading theory. Either way that would only move the "timeline" back a couple of universes.

Last edited by xeduran; 02-05-2009 at 11:02 PM..
 02-05-2009, 10:59 PM         #16
2D....  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ---Max-Payne--- said:

--------------

Atheism is for the ignorant? Explain

They call this a hit back? wow just wow rofl
because they completely disregard the possibility of a higher power (not necessarily "god")

and with so much uncertainty with the formation of the universe, and how even fundamental things work that we dont fully understand, its ignorant to make that bold of a statement
 9 years ago '06        #17
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
Powerful!
 02-05-2009, 11:00 PM         #18
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shaolin_Bees said:

My point is, why are the only options either god or the big bang?
I am not just saying the big bang, any theory for the start of this universe or the previous universe or the very very first universe requires an existence point. If there is no point of existence then it always existed. I have yet to hear anyone give any other explanation.

Think about it, if something is here and real then it was either created or always existed. Logically how else could it be real or here?

Last edited by xeduran; 02-05-2009 at 11:04 PM..
 02-05-2009, 11:13 PM         #19
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
I am not just saying the big bang, any theory for the start of this universe or the previous universe or the very very first universe requires an existence point. If there is no point of existence then it always existed. I have yet to hear anyone give any other explanation.

Think about it, if something is here and real then it was either created or always existed. Logically how else could it be real or here?
Now I understand where you coming from. Your sh*t makes sense. lol First person on here to give me a reasonable explanation to my previous question. I tip my hat to you sir.

I'll check back later, I gotta rebuttal this, so let me gather my thoughts...
 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM         #20
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree, on a vague, non specific level, the universe came about by creation or by physical/chemical interaction
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
79 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
119 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
117 comments
2 days ago