Feb 4 - Intelligent Life Could Be Thriving On 40,000 Planets

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-09-2009, 04:08 AM         #161
Exodus X13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why are you guys debating something that won't be proved for another millennia probably more.

Chances are humans will become extinct before we even come to an answer.
 9 years ago '08        #162
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 DnSouth28 said:
Very possible but its not like any of us will be alive in 300-400 years to find out.
speak for yourself
 02-09-2009, 09:10 AM         #163
Rasta-For-I  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Space industry is finally letting the cap off the disclosure.
 02-09-2009, 11:59 AM         #164
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkle said:
I think you're missing my point.

I listed the bible quotes with reference to show that the religious book is full of inconsistancies, contradictions, and just plain wrong information. You say space science is BS because you believe it lacks proof of it's claims, but you seemed to have no problem believing in a god that has zero emperical proof of existance. I found it kind of ironic that someone who is adamant about proof would believe something intangible as god.

As far as life outside of Earth, we are basically in our infancy when it comes to space exploration. In the past, people believed the world was flat and you could fall off the face of the world by travelling too far out to the seas. With technological advance we now know that is not the case. Same as the position of the Earth regarding our solar system. At one time we believed the Earth was the center of the solar system with everything revolving around the Earth including the Sun. Again we now know this is not true. We've found out that Earth is not in the center of the Universe, Galaxy or even our solar system.

What my point is, until we have the techonology to explore and find proof all we have are ideas. Just like Copernicus had an idea that was proven with facts later, who kows what we will be able to prove with future technology. But to discount all possibilities of life outside of Earth simply because we can't prove now would not only be wreckless but quite frankly stupid.

You can not put limitations of the Universe or the possibilities within it simply based on our limited knowledge and technology.

Our ignorance has nothing to do with what is possible, but our ignorance will hinder our abilities to find out what is possible.
But how could you say we have no proof of God and we are here.. You cant create another life form besides human reproduction. We didnt evolve from monkeys.

Now just cause i believe in God, doesnt mean i dont question his existence too. I question religion, i question why God put us here and allow all this hateful stuff to go on, and what not. So just cause i believe in God doesnt mean I dont have questions,.

And the reason why i believe in God, is because there has to be something to explain this world we live in, science helps explain some of our existance, but it also negates God's existance and thats why I just dont believe everything a scientist say because as much as they can they try to act like Gods. With the whole cloneing and sh*t of that nature. What the fu*k do you need to clone humans for? Its just another way of them trying to prove God dont exist and thats where me and science clash. Lets say i dont like my father, i dont go around saying he dont exist, and then look up to uncles and what not and say they play the role of my father.
 02-09-2009, 12:35 PM         #165
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KazzMatiK said:
you have to look at the time distance between collisions of cellistial objects such as planets and meteors, the last object of life extinguishing size came through 65 million year ago and k!lled the dinosaurs and most other life on Earth...

Realize that because of jupiters large size it draws large objects into are solar system.. whose to say those objects would have hit earth and not mars.. mars and not neptune... uranus.. or any of the other planets..

i mean theres a billions of planets and solar systems... im sure theres millions of cases where a cellistial body with a larger gravatational pull attracts object from hitting smaller planets just by design.. and im sure theres more than enough cases where these planets or moons are hospitable... theres basically an infinite # of chances for this to happen

Jupiter's gravitational force is so strong, most of the time it has a slingshot effect on most objects as their course is changed significantly to partially orbit the planet and then slung out the same way it came. In most cases, they just end up orbiting the planet.

So with that said, the inner 4 planets of the Solar System are protected, there's still impacts from other objects that Jupiter can't put its effect on but once again Earth's atmosphere can tackle most of these.
 02-09-2009, 04:35 PM         #166
GrilledCheese  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
atoms to molecules, molecules to organisms, organisms to species, species to societies, societies to planet, planet to solar system, solar system to galaxy, galaxy to universe, universe to omniverse, omniverse to.....???
"God" created us, who created "God", then who created them, and so forth.
11 dimensions all on top of each other in string theory.
I love these articles, keep em comin.
Makes me wanna go smoke and stare at the sky....

yea, time to burn.
 9 years ago '04        #167
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 A.O.™ said:
But how could you say we have no proof of God and we are here.. You cant create another life form besides human reproduction. We didnt evolve from monkeys.

Now just cause i believe in God, doesnt mean i dont question his existence too. I question religion, i question why God put us here and allow all this hateful stuff to go on, and what not. So just cause i believe in God doesnt mean I dont have questions,.

And the reason why i believe in God, is because there has to be something to explain this world we live in, science helps explain some of our existance, but it also negates God's existance and thats why I just dont believe everything a scientist say because as much as they can they try to act like Gods. With the whole cloneing and sh*t of that nature. What the fu*k do you need to clone humans for? Its just another way of them trying to prove God dont exist and thats where me and science clash. Lets say i dont like my father, i dont go around saying he dont exist, and then look up to uncles and what not and say they play the role of my father.
Us being here isn't proof of God in any rational sense. You can believe what you want, but it means nothing if we're having a rational conversation. If you can't move between your beliefs and rational conversation, that's unfortunate.

God isn't an explanation, it's filler, until we have a real answer. That's why you have this notion that science negates God, or tries to act like God, because science provides concrete, testable, practically applicable information, where we used to say, "that's God". Science isn't the method of disproving and negating God, but it provides real info and advances our knowledge into areas where we were previously ignorant. It's shrinking the territory of the unknown, which is where "God" resides.

Last edited by HHS; 02-09-2009 at 05:01 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #168
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 2D.... said:
i dont think yall get just how special earth's condition is, its not only our atmosphere and perfect distance from the sun that makes life so possible
its also the arrangement of planets around us that has kept major meteor impacts from destroying these livable conditions

i believe that there is somewhere else with life but intelligent life, since it takes time to evolve and develop without major incident, is hard to believe
i kno but the universe is too big to even comprehend
 9 years ago '04        #169
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
wow rancid you say some really dumb sh*t sometimes.
 02-09-2009, 05:20 PM         #170
Da One  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:

How ur thinking, is how people though the world was the center of the universe, and surprise surprise science proved them wrong. Scientist are not trying to prove there is no God, they are trying to find the truth. Maybe the truth is there is no God, but u can´t put ur head in the sand. Maybe u can..
 9 years ago '04        #171
daone2fear 
space
space
space
$696 | Props total: 5 5
hello
 02-09-2009, 06:57 PM         #172
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.O.™ said:

HHS said:
Us being here isn't proof of God in any rational sense. You can believe what you want, but it means nothing if we're having a rational conversation. If you can't move between your beliefs and rational conversation, that's unfortunate.

God isn't an explanation, it's filler, until we have a real answer. That's why you have this notion that science negates God, or tries to act like God, because science provides concrete, testable, practically applicable information, where we used to say, "that's God". Science isn't the method of disproving and negating God, but it provides real info and advances our knowledge into areas where we were previously ignorant. It's shrinking the territory of the unknown, which is where "God" resides.
This pretty much sums it up bro. I couldn't say it any better so I'm just quoting his answer as my reply.

But just to be clear, my point in all this isn't telling you that god doesn't exist and you shouldn't believe in god. It's none of my buisness and it doesn't affect me in the slightest so I have no problem with any of this. All I'm disagreeing here is your claim of no life elsewhere, and god being answer to the things we can not explain. History has a good trend of discovering the truth as time passes. That's all I'm saying here.
 9 years ago '05        #173
Dopeskill 
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 0 0
I got head from an alien bi*ch last night, she tried to kiss me afterwards but I smacked her like gtfo...

OH WAIT THAT WAS TC'S MOM LOL
 9 years ago '06        #174
NorthNorthReppa 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,663 | Props total: 475 475
 yungb said:
The posters in this thread are unbelievably stupid.

First off, why are you posting Algebra here? The most basic of mathematics? @ referring to it as "Long Algebra".

Well, it is true that intelligent life is very fragile, but people need to understand that Earth is not special. People speak of the conditions on Earth that are near perfect to support life in general...

Research the domain Archaea, and possibly take a biology class, and then tell me that life on other planets isn't pretty much guaranteed.
Thank you!!!
 9 years ago '04        #175
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
Eh,
honestly I can care less about our theories & sh*t of space in general. until we figure out how to travel faster then light speed we're basically hoping that an intelligent species far ahead of us is even thinking about interacting with us on some intelligent sh*t of being enlightened by us or they tryin to drop gems, or even us being worth beefing with. them bastaads is probably just interested in snatching us for perverted reasons & a contributer to the missing persons list on sum "we just wanna fu*k ya we don't love you hoes" type sh*t

Last edited by mtbatol; 02-10-2009 at 03:55 AM..
 02-10-2009, 04:50 AM         #176
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
wow rancid you say some really dumb sh*t sometimes.
Thanks. What's the protocol on receiving critiscm from a racist neo-nazi?
 9 years ago '07        #177
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16226 16226
How about the theory of Human engineering. Which we are beginning to witness with the ability to choose your childs genetic make up prior to birth. Is it possible we are a creation of another humanoid being? Which would then bring up Genesis and its explanation of man being created from dust
 02-10-2009, 10:15 AM         #178
mixtape mutt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P Squared™ said:
I don't think you realize how large the universe is. There are hundreds of BILLIONS of galaxies in the universe, each of which have can have anywhere from millions of stars to billions of stars. There is no way that, of the Trillions of solar systems in the universe, ours is the only one in which an intelligent civilization has developed. Now obviously they cannot be significantly more developed than us because if they were, then wouldn't we have heard from them?
You just said yourself how vast and nearly infinite the universe is. In this HUGE universe, maybe these other civilizations just haven't found us yet. Or maybe they have, and they're just watching us. Or maybe they've seen what we do to each other, and chose to leave us alone. We'll never really know.

Even if we did find a planet with life, looking at it through a telescope is kinda pointless, we'd be seeing the planet as it was millions of years ago. Right now they can have vast cities and other ill sh*t. Science is bananas...you just gotta view the whole spectrum.
 9 years ago '04        #179
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
 A.O.™ said:
You can't use God as a proof of our existence, because its a fallacy of circular reasoning.

You have a skewed perception of evolution, species do not produce offspring to a completely different species. Its millions of years of mutation and diversity, what filters out all of those differences are the processes of evolution, such as natural selection, s3xual selection, geographic constrictions, genetic drift and others.

A.O.™ said:
Religion is faith, theoretical, not concrete proof, hence the meaning of blind faith. To ignorantly a.ssert the true existence of your god would be absurd and a completely contradiction to the meaning of belief.

A.O.™ said:
And the reason why i believe in God, is because there has to be something to explain this world we live in, science helps explain some of our existance, but it also negates God's existance and thats why I just dont believe everything a scientist say because as much as they can they try to act like Gods.
That is an incorrect way of perceiving, A. life and B. science.
As I told you before, to simply state god did it is a cop out, and a ignorant way sweeping away the truth. How does 2+2=4? God did it, duh! See, its ignorant. Its best to say its unknown, than untruthfully claim without evidence that something, that isn't truthful or provable exists.

Some scientist believe in a high power, in their eyes, they are seeing how "god put things in order". Science is the HOW and WHY things happen. It doesn't try to negate the idea of a god at all, however it does negates the ignorant perception that many hardcore followers whom blindly put their ideas on the threshold to be mocked and corrected by placing god in an equation. What it does is negate other followers to the belief of god, because these followers are putting the name of their god in vain by attempting to force their praise of god in a subject that doesn't require him in the equation. Their forcefulness is nothing but merely the insecurity of their personal faith.

A.O.™ said:
With the whole cloneing and sh*t of that nature. What the fu*k do you need to clone humans for? Its just another way of them trying to prove God dont exist and thats where me and science clash. Lets say i dont like my father, i dont go around saying he dont exist, and then look up to uncles and what not and say they play the role of my father.
Cloning proves that god doesnt exist? Where are you getting these baseless a.ssumptions, these are all strawman and red herring fallacies. You are trying to disprove something by arguing something else.

Cloning of animals and plants is to ensure the survival of human and other species by keeping plants and animals alive, that keep us, as well as the ecosystem. It is tampering with the effects of evolution, but science is AMORAL.

What constitutes an action as moral or immoral is strictly arbitrary, and is left for the philosophers, not the scientist. Scientist are merely explorers, what is done with the technology is the fault of humanity. Whether they use it for the benefit of humanity, or use it to k!ll one another.
 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM         #180
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Why would it be?
Because if there is life that is intelligent as us, or more intelligent, I wouldn't be surprised if they were as curious about the universe as we are.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy