wtf is this karmaloop rep tax form w9 sh*t?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 9 years ago '04        #21
2 FN LoW 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 0 0
on that note, a miscellaneous income of 1,200 should not effect your return all that much...Do you usually get money back at the end of the year? Around how much? If its a decent amount you may only get a small piece of it taken away from you, due to the added income which you made tax free....If you hardly get anything back, then the amount they will tax you on it could come out to be more then what you usually get, leaving you to pay them...
 02-15-2009, 07:21 PM         #22
mr.hades  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yes...^ last year i ended up having to pay 65$... because i wasnt paying rent at my residence. (My moms house) but i made more legal money this year and I moved into my own spot... so i was hoping to get a return... sh*t balls....

Last edited by mr.hades; 02-15-2009 at 07:34 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #23
Leftcoast 
space
space
space
$471 | Props total: 5 5
you even have to claim gift cards if its more then a certain amount. i know now at work for expense reports anytime we give out a giftcard we have to mark down the social, employee id and amount because u get taxed on it.
 9 years ago '04        #24
Leftcoast 
space
space
space
i believe on the email it said that they will forfeit ur points or account.

it is super crucial for you to comply with this request. We are required to report your 2008 money you made to the IRS and your taxpayer ID number is needed for this. If we do not have your number when we file with the IRS, they could require that we withhold taxes and put a block on all your point redemptions moving forward. Yikes!
 9 years ago '04        #25
2 FN LoW 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
If you dont claim it you could do a lot of damage to yourself...You take the risk of the IRS coming after you...And you also take the risk of loosing everything you have made with Karmaloop in 2008, unless you claimed it already and took everything you made...Even then, you run the risk of having the IRS come after you due to the fact your collecting a tax free income which your not claiming on your taxes...it could come back to bite you in the a.ss...maybe not now, or maybe not this year, it could be 5yrs from now...you just never know

dont go with the "i have 3000 emails of bullsh*t"...What email service do you use? Majority of them have a search function...It only takes a few seconds to do a search through your mail for any emails containing the word Karmaloop...

Last edited by 2 FN LoW; 02-16-2009 at 12:43 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #26
Leftcoast 
space
space
space
the irs wont come after you. you never gave karma your social so they have no way of verifiying that your tax id is the one responsibile for getting $x amount from them.

but your points will be gone. so its on you to claim it or not.
 02-16-2009, 03:08 PM         #27
Lamont Sanford  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol karmaloop diarheea juicing on n*ggas
 9 years ago '05        #28
agentspits.com 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 746 746
I never even thought about this before, but it is kind of common sense

I don't think I got a form, but I didn't make that much in 08 anyways so it's probably nothing I need to worry about.

definitely glad I saw this thread and am aware of this now though
 02-16-2009, 07:20 PM         #29
TValles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Got fu*ked cuz of this....doesnt matter if you signed up thy have the legal right to use you....its in the terms+agreements
 9 years ago '04        #30
2 FN LoW 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
 Leftcoast said:
the irs wont come after you. you never gave karma your social so they have no way of verifiying that your tax id is the one responsibile for getting $x amount from them.

but your points will be gone. so its on you to claim it or not.
like i said, i pretty much just know the basics, im not an accountant...

however, Karmaloop has your legal name and address...Although they dont have your social, the IRS can still locate you and find you...Karmaloop has to provide records for everybody they paid...Your name and address was put on file with them when you joined...Not to mention im sure they have some peoples paypal addresses as well....

All this information is being provided to the IRS on their behalf..Legally if they dont have your social the IRS can require them to put a hold on your points (money)...If Karmaloop then goes and tells the IRS "So and so doesnt have any points, they already cashed out and collected the money" the IRS will make note of it and im sure they will find you...Like i said, it could take a few months or a few years...I had a friend get fu*ked for not claiming something on his taxes more then 6 yrs after it happened...

Its sort of Karmaloops fault though, cause they should of required this info from the get go, before they even sent anybody payments...Now the payments are out and they dont have peoples socials (tax id)....If there are a few hundred, or a few thousand people who collected money from Karmaloop, without supplying tax id numbers the whole list of names will be taken by the IRS and they will break it down and get their money, you can believe that...

dont fu*k with the IRS when your making legal money, make sure its all on paper and claimed...
 9 years ago '04        #31
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
$32,655 | Props total: 23084 23084
and i don't owe u like 2 vowels, but i like for you to pay me by the hour!- wayne
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago