most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
13333 pageviews
5 comments

natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
Best shallow mount subwoofers?

What do you guys think are the best shallow mount woofers on the market? I ask because I'm looking to put a system in my MR2, but I'm definitely going to need a shallow mount woofer.

I want to put a single 10" woofer behind the passenger seat. Right now I am looking at a Kicker CVT and a ZX400.1 to power it. Will be hooked up to a Lanzar CD player for now.

After I get the sub and amp installed in the next month I'm going to get 3.5" Boston Acoustics for my rear and an Alpine iDA-x100. I'm also looking for a pair of 4" components for up front (aren't many companies who make them). I've already ordered the ZX400.1 and 3.5" rear speakers, I'm just looking for a little more input before I commit to the CVT.

When I went into my local car audio shop they guy their told me the CVT would be inefficient, and recommended me to get a SONY shallow mount woofer. Now from everything I know reading both online and real world experience Sony woofers (and car audio in general) are sh*t. As a matter of fact in 2005 when I was about to put 2 15" Xplod's in my car the same guy pushed me towards 2 12" L7's instead. He said in recent years Sony car audio has greatly improved-- any truth to this, or is he just pushing a preferred product?

Here are a few pictures of the car this system is going in, I want to put the woofer behind the passenger seat (so you all have an idea of how much space I'm working with-- not much), amp will probably be mounted under the passenger seat, have to keep behind the drivers seat free for my sunroof storage.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The dimensions on the Kicker box with CVT are 11-7/16" tall, 19-5/16" wide and 6-5/16" deep (3-9/16" deep at top), I'm pretty sure that will fit behind my seat, only thing I'm worried about is width. If it doesn't fit I'll just pull it out of the box and get one made.

Last edited by natural; 02-02-2009 at 06:39 PM..

5 comments for "Best shallow mount subwoofers?"

9 years ago '06        #2
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 natural said:
What do you guys think are the best shallow mount woofers on the market? I ask because I'm looking to put a system in my MR2, but I'm definitely going to need a shallow mount woofer.

I want to put a single 10" woofer behind the passenger seat. Right now I am looking at a Kicker CVT and a ZX400.1 to power it. Will be hooked up to a Lanzar CD player for now.

After I get the sub and amp installed in the next month I'm going to get 3.5" Boston Acoustics for my rear and an Alpine iDA-x100. I'm also looking for a pair of 4" components for up front (aren't many companies who make them). I've already ordered the ZX400.1 and 3.5" rear speakers, I'm just looking for a little more input before I commit to the CVT.

When I went into my local car audio shop they guy their told me the CVT would be inefficient, and recommended me to get a SONY shallow mount woofer. Now from everything I know reading both online and real world experience Sony woofers (and car audio in general) are sh*t. As a matter of fact in 2005 when I was about to put 2 15" Xplod's in my car the same guy pushed me towards 2 12" L7's instead. He said in recent years Sony car audio has greatly improved-- any truth to this, or is he just pushing a preferred product?

Here are a few pictures of the car this system is going in, I want to put the woofer behind the passenger seat (so you all have an idea of how much space I'm working with-- not much), amp will probably be mounted under the passenger seat, have to keep behind the drivers seat free for my sunroof storage.

First off, I don't mess with Sony products when it comes to car audio, but I wouldn't listen to that guy who told you to take Sony over Kicker.

what is your budget? the kicker cvt would be a nice choice, but if you're wanting SQ over SQL then I'd look at something else. has shallow subs, but it depends on your budget and what sound you're wanting.

but you can't go wrong with Kicker.
 9 years ago '05        #3
natural 5 heat pts OP
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
Straight up I want so spend as little money as possible, spent $150 on the amp, $35 on the boston acoustics, can get the CVT in kicker box for $104.50 on ebay.

All I'm really looking for now is a pair of 4" components for under $80 and a decent price on the iDA-x100 ($150-$250). Total budget is probably around $600 to $750, but that includes about $200 already spent on teh ZX400.1, 3.5" Ba's and $10 I gave my boy for his old Lanzar HU.

I'm not really looking for SPL, I'm sure just about anything I put in there will hit hard in that small cabin-- but it's not like i'm looking for SQ either. I just want the sound to be well balanced in the vehicle.

And whatever subs you guys recommend gotta match up with that amp, so be able to handle about 450w rms @ 2 ohms.
 9 years ago '06        #4
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
I'd go with the Kicker CVT then.
 9 years ago '06        #5
vic20dipset 
space
space
$764 | Props total: 0 0
kicker cvt... i got an 07 tundra and i put 2 cvts under the rear seats... they go hard
 9 years ago '04        #6
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
The new memphis shallow mounts are nice
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy