National Signing Day - February 4th... Who does your squad need??

most viewed right now
 NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
25 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
43 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #581
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 booker20 said:
Larry Porter gotta be recruiter of the year dude was beasting
Dominique Allen RB
Lamin Barrow LB
Michael Brockers DE
Chris Davenport DT
Tahj Jones LB
Craig Loston DB
Stavion Lowe OL
Russell Shepard QB
said that sh*t this morning
LSU running backs coach Larry Porter has a simple approach for recruiting success: Instead of the fast talk and half-truths that come out of many recruiters' mouths, Porter believes in a much more straightforward approach.

Larry Porter is responsible for eight signees in LSU's 2009 class.
He tells the truth.

"The first thing you have to do is build trust," Porter said. "I think you do that by whatever you tell a kid, you show them. For one, they can see that it's real, and the communication between you and that kid starts to grow. You can't lie or sugarcoat things. You have to be up front and honest with them, and that helps build that trust from the get-go."

That approach helped Porter rack up the most impressive recruiting resume in this year's class.

Porter, 36, signed eight prospects in LSU's 2009 recruiting class, including five-star prospects Chris Davenport, Craig Loston and Russell Shepard. He also landed two four-star recruits, and finished with an average of four stars per prospect. For his efforts, he is Rivals.com's national recruiter of the year for the second time in three years.

"I'm very honored to be recognized for the hard work and many sleepless nights while out on the road recruiting," said Porter, who also won the award in 2007. "But I'll be the first to say that this award is not all about me. We have a great product to sell at LSU. We firmly believe in everything we do. Therefore, when you walk into a home, you go in with a purpose and a passion. People can sense the sincerity and genuineness in you, and I think they start to buy in because they know we're very honest about what we're selling at LSU."

Recruits throughout Louisiana and Texas were sold. Porter landed four players from the Lone Star State and was effective in the Houston area.

5 head coaches who mattered
Rivals.com recognizes the top 25 a.ssistants who dominated the recruiting front this season, but there are some head coaches who are ace recruiters. Here are five who made a big impact for their programs in the Class of 2009:
TIM BREWSTER, MINNESOTA
When he was an a.ssistant at Texas, he was known as the Longhorns' top recruiter, and he still has that mentality as a head coach. His efforts helped Minnesota land back-to-back high-quality classes, and recruits talk glowingly how about how relentless and passionate he is about the recruiting process.
JIM HARBAUGH, STANFORD
The Cardinal's national recruiting ranking average the past three years was 51st, but this year, Harbaugh reeled in the school's first top-25 class since 2003. The Cardinal did a tremendous job in California and nationally, and the big reason was the never-say-no attitude of the coach.
RICK NEUHEISEL, UCLA
Neuheisel said his goal was to return the Bruins to the forefront in recruiting in Los Angeles, and he took a big step with this year's class. People still talk about the night last fall he climbed in a helicopter and flew around L.A., hopping from high school to high school.
NICK SABAN, ALABAMA
There's a reason the Tide have won back-to-back recruiting national championships. No head coach demands more from himself in the recruiting process, and nobody is more involved with every detail than Saban.
CHARLIE WEIS, NOTRE DAME
Name a prospect, any prospect, and Weis is able to quickly give you his evaluation. While Weis has surrounded himself with great recruiters, nobody on the staff is more of a recruiting guru than Weis. He understands that recruiting is his program's lifeblood, and he is as active in that as any head coach in the country.
"I think there is a great LSU spirit in the Houston area," Porter said. "There really is. I drive around in the city of Houston a lot, and I see a lot of LSU bumper stickers and car tags. So the spirit is alive and well in Houston. When you talk about the brand of football we play in the SEC and you talk about the state of Texas, a lot of kids see that the SEC is the best conference in the country and they want to experience it because they're used to playing at a high level there at their high school.

"I think LSU is recognized in the state of Texas, and it's always a battle to go over there and get kids out of Texas away from Texas and from A&M. But when you talk about the proximity, LSU, as opposed to some of the other schools like Texas Tech, is closer. A lot of these kids, when they look at that, along with the great product we have over here – it's hard to turn down."

Shepard was one who couldn't resist the opportunity to play for LSU, and he said Porter's influence made the decision to head to Baton Rouge much easier.

"Coach Porter was one of the big reasons I picked LSU," Shepard said. "He made me and everybody in my family comfortable with everything he talked about. He talked about how they've sent kids back to Texas with degrees in their hands and also how there are a lot of kids from Texas that have made the jump to the NFL.

"It made it easier knowing I've seen some of my peers and friends from Texas on television playing in an LSU uniform. I wanted to be a part of that."

Dominique Allen, a three-star fullback from Paris (Tenn.) Henry County, isn't one of Porter's higher-ranked recruits, but Porter says he thinks Allen will have both an immediate and lasting impact. Allen originally was headed to Tennessee, but Porter convinced him to switch in early November.

"There is one guy that I signed who's going to have to be a great player for us next year, and that's Dominique Allen," Porter said. "Fullback was a position that was a void on our offense. He's a young kid that's 6-foot and 250 pounds, and we're very excited about him. We're expecting him to come in and do some good things for us. We're very, very excited about him and his talent."

Porter, who was a running back at Memphis, has been a college a.ssistant for 11 seasons and has had an opportunity to watch how the recruiting process has evolved. He said there's one big revolution that has affected everything that everybody does in the recruiting process.

"There's one change and one change only, and that's the Internet," Porter said. "It's a global deal now. You have to make sure you stay in touch from a technology standpoint to win every battle that you can. I think once you're in position to do that, then the rest will take care of itself.

Russell Shepard said Porter was a big factor in why he selected LSU.
"It can be both good and bad. For one, it gives you a lot of information. Sometimes, it gives you too much information."

Porter said too much information sometimes can create a lot of headaches for coaches. He believes one solution is an early signing period. Despite support from more than 70 percent of the Division I coaches in the American Football Coaches a.ssociation, conference commissioners at the NCAA Convention in mid-January voted 17-4 against an early signing day proposal.

"Every kid is different. Every kid has a different home life and structure, and some have the support and some of them don't," Porter said. "You have a lot of kids that make their commitments and they are firm and solid, and that's because they have a good foundation around them. They know exactly what they want to do. At times you have people that don't have the right support around them, are not ready to make a decision mentally and then be able to stand by it. That can hurt you.

"So I think it would cut down on the amount of early committing and then kids changing their minds at the last minute. And then it would allow the kids who do know what they want to do and are secure in it to move on and put it behind them and focus on finishing their high school career."

Porter hopes to finish his career as a head coach, but he admits his name hasn't surfaced as a hot candidate when jobs come open.

"In terms of being a head coach, the more I look at it, you really have to get to know these guys on these search firms because so many schools look toward those guys to present them with quality head coaches," Porter said. "The thing I've noticed is that I have done a poor job of selling myself. I've never been a guy who's thought it's all about me. I'm hoping over time my body of work will speak for itself. But I do take a lot of pride in coaching my guys.

"I love being out there on the grass getting it going. I think as time goes on, people will recognize my body of work, my actions on the recruiting front and how I go about doing things with an honest, hard-working and truthful approach."
 9 years ago '05        #582
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 Junior G said:
It will continue...Sean Spence > any PSU lb's :greetings10:

FSU LB's > PSU's LB's
Haha, FSU stay mad at Joe Pa. We beat you last, won't let Bowden have the all time record, I guess I understand why.
 9 years ago '05        #583
booker20 
space
space
 OMEGAMAN said:
Haha, FSU stay mad at Joe Pa. We beat you last, won't let Bowden have the all time record, I guess I understand why.
we actually could careless about the Big ten or Penn St. and Bowden isnt even coaching anymore, we dont care about his record we want to win games thats why Jimbo is HCIW
 9 years ago '04        #584
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
that sh*t aint news about Bryce Brown. He stated in a radio interview about a month ago that he only committed to Miami to see who else wanted him.
 02-05-2009, 07:04 PM         #585
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bedlam said:
Miami fans would be livid
uh no we wouldn't
 9 years ago '05        #586
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
 UknowWhatItIs said:
at Randle scared of competition

Here is Randle's quote from this mornings Baton Rouge paper:

"Basically, I was the most comfortable at LSU,” Randle said. “The D-Lo (Benton) situation was a factor, too. I felt like both of us going to LSU would be the worst thing for both of us. I called (LSU wide receivers coach D.J. McCarthy) last night to let him know where I stood. Then, my daddy talked to coach (Les) Miles about the situation.

“I made my decision late (Tuesday) night when I found out D-Lo was going to Auburn.”
yea him and D wasnt the best of friends in high school. he has 5 wideouts in front of him already he just didnt wanna play second fiddle to D again. still some weak though.
 9 years ago '04        #587
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 K.B. said:
yea him and D wasnt the best of friends in high school. he has 5 wideouts in front of him already he just didnt wanna play second fiddle to D again. still some weak though.
The Bastrop HC sounds like a fu*king bi*ch... instead of him being excited for D-lo getting to play SEC ball he wants to bi*ch about Miles yanking his scholly (which was a bi*ch move by the way)

Sounds like Randle wasn't fu*kin with D-Lo at Bastrop (granted Randle was 2 years younger)

We might have got the best WR in the nation :wow: :agreement6:
 9 years ago '04        #588
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
I see where Bryce Brown is showing interest in Tennessee.

Come to AU Oku
 9 years ago '06        #589
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
Les Miles taking away Benton's scholarship is a straight up hoe move.

"Sorry Benton we did offer you a spot onthe team, but ummmm Rueben will be mad at me if i brought the two of you guys in, So i have no choice but to let you go."

I posted earlier in this thread about getting a certain 5* out of state. Due to the fact, Randle wasn't happy with the Benton commitment. So i had reason to believe (insiders) that Randle was going to do a signing day switch a roo, to Alabama. But low and behold Les Miles pulls Benton schollie at the last minute just for the simple fact Saban wouldn't get Randle at the end I'm sure LSU fans will put their spin on it, but they know the deal..

I don't really get into all this Saban vs Miles battle. But you can clearly see that Saban is inthe mind of Les Miles. I mean come on, how the hell do you let a 18 year old kid and dad called the shots with your program
 9 years ago '04        #590
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
Signing Day trade: LSU swaps Benton for Randle

By Glenn Guilbeau • • February 5, 2009

* Read Comments(11)

The Tigers may also be due for a player to be named later from Auburn.
After signing former Bastrop and academically troubled receiver DeAngelo Benton the last two years and hosting him on a visit last weekend, LSU coach Les Miles pulled a long standing scholarship offer to Benton on Tuesday night so as to grease the wheels for the arrival of the No. 1 receiver in the nation – Bastrop’s Rueben Randle.

“I think how it all went down was wrong,” an upset Bastrop High coach Brad Bradshaw said Wednesday night.

Benton, who outshined Randle when they were last teammates on the 2006 state title team at Bastrop, said Tuesday that he planned to sign with LSU on Wednesday. But after Randle’s father Emmett Randle complained about his son having to share the LSU spotlight with Benton on a Monroe radio show Tuesday, Benton signed with Auburn on Wednesday morning just hours before Randle signed with LSU over Alabama, securing Miles the No. 1 recruiting class in the nation in ESPN's rankings.

LSU fans at the Bayou Bash recruiting party Wednesday morning were worried they had lost Randle to Alabama and hated former coach Nick Saban because of the elder Randle’s issue with LSU. Randle’s father also was perturbed that he didn’t know LSU was quietly recruiting Benton, an academic casualty in 2007 and 2008 who had not been heard from in months until he said last week that he would be visiting LSU.

Miles was asked at a press conference late Wednesday if Benton still had a scholarship offer by Wednesday morning before Benton signed with Auburn. Before Miles could answer, LSU athletic director Joe Alleva – located in the back of the room - frantically waved his arms to attempt to get Miles not to answer.

But Miles answered, “No.”

Miles was then asked if the sudden withdrawal of Benton’s scholarship had anything to do with the elder Randle’s concerns about his son having to coexist with Benton at LSU.

“I have to be real honest with you, recruiting has its own view,” Miles said. “And I’m not going to dispel or concern myself with how that all fits.”
Miles then laughed and said, “No.”

Sean Fox of Monroe’s KNBB Radio 97.7 FM, which is the show the elder Randle called on Tuesday, said he was called by someone from LSU after Randle’s appearance and was asked about what Randle said.

“But I don’t know what coach it was or if it was a coach,” Fox said. “They just said they were from LSU.”

Miles explained Wednesday that he just suddenly decided to re-consider Benton, who went to Hargrave Military Academy in 2007 but could not get cleared to get into LSU again in 2008.

"The truth of the matter is each guy is looked very individually, and I looked at DeAngelo and made some hard, fast decisions with him, and I wish him the very best," Miles said after keeping tabs on Benton for two years. "I want him to go on and have a great career. I understand he’s signed with Auburn. I'm for him. I don't know exactly how that affected anybody else's signing with us."

Benton and Bradshaw contend Benton is very close to finally becoming academically eligible and he is only waiting on the final OK by the NCAA Clearinghouse.

“All of the time I spent getting De-Lo eligible the last two years was so he could go back to LSU,” Bradshaw said Wednesday. “Now he’s not going to LSU. I’m sure he’s not very happy. The bottom line is D-Lo is going to Auburn.”

Benton did visit Auburn two weeks ago, but Bradshaw said he had his heart set on going to LSU and was not serious about Auburn.

“I'm signing with LSU,” Benton said Tuesday on his cellular phone. “I told coach Miles that when I was down there over the weekend (on Saturday). I'll be signing Wednesday at Bastrop."

Benton did not return calls to his cellular phone on Wednesday. The Randle's family phone was repeatedly busy.

After Benton's morning signing with Auburn, Randle chose LSU over Alabama and Oklahoma in front of a packed house at the Bastrop High gym at about 12:45 p.m. Randle unveiled a baseball cap from behind a podium, but the hat was gray and did not identify a school. He slowly turned the cap to reveal, "L-S-U."

"I'll be continuing my football education at Louisiana State University," Randle told a room full of reporters, cameras and fans.

Randle's scholarship papers, which were signed by himself and his father, were later faxed to LSU.

"He's the most highly recruited football player we have ever had," Bradshaw said at the signing. "But he's also academically qualified. That's a tribute to his family."

Randle (6-foot-3, 195 pounds) caught 55 passes for 1,058 yards and 11 touchdowns as a junior for 4A state champion Bastrop in 2007. Forced to play quarterback in 2008 because of depth issues, Randle completed 60 percent of his passes for 2,461 yards and 20 touchdowns while rushing 101 times for 683 yards and 12 touchdowns.

In the 2006 season, Randle had 433 receiving yards as a sophomore. The senior Benton totaled 1,037 receiving yards.

Randle's scholarship papers did not arrive in time for Miles discuss the player specifically at his press conference.

"I've had some confirming conversations, so I'm pretty trustworthy," Miles said before the papers arrived. "I spoke with the dad and it's being directed this way as far as I know."

The papers arrived at 5:29 p.m.

Alabama, which heavily recruited receivers this year, and several other major schools have been interested in Benton since he finished at Bastrop in 2007. But Bradshaw said Benton did not show any interest in any other schools because he thought he was going to LSU.

"I know what I say don't matter," Bradshaw said. "I'm nobody. But I don't like how this went down."

at Les Miles... nice recruiting class and all but he will be gone before LSU wins another national title... complete dumbass

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 02-06-2009 at 12:03 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #591
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
Grain on point.... Les Miles hooked us up by giving us benton and not allowing our #1 rival to get Randle (even though we still play him every year)

If AU can find a QB I wanna see Benton go the fu*k off in Baton Rouge next year
 9 years ago '06        #592
Against D Grain 
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
If AU can find a QB I wanna see Benton go the fu*k off in Baton Rouge next year

I hope Benton scores the game winning touchdown on LSU come this fall. That was some cut throat sh*t. And Les Mile is a bold face lie, talking about he didn't know if Benton was going to be able to enroll next year. Benton's papers :rules: are already at the NCAA clearing house. Its going to be a helluva college football season inthe SEC this year.

UT taking shots at UF & ALA
LSU vs ALA part 3
Benton vs LSU
Houston Nutt vs Arkansas pt 2

Damn I can't wait until September
 9 years ago '06        #593
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1036 1036
 Against D Grain said:
I hope Benton scores the game winning touchdown on LSU come this fall. That was some cut throat sh*t. And Les Mile is a bold face lie, talking about he didn't know if Benton was going to be able to enroll next year. Benton's papers :rules: are already at the NCAA clearing house. Its going to be a helluva college football season inthe SEC this year.

UT taking shots at UF & ALA
LSU vs ALA part 3
Benton vs LSU
Houston Nutt vs Arkansas pt 2

Damn I can't wait until September
When did Tenn take a shot at Bama??
 9 years ago '05        #594
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,061 | Props total: 6960 6960
I see Urban's ''Your the Next Percy Harvin'' is starting to come back on him now

Initially, Richardson was excited when the Florida staff told him they envisioned him becoming the next Percy Harvin. But as the months passed, the Pahokee standout decided he wanted to create his own identity instead of following in another player's footsteps.

Another factor was Richardson's trust level with Florida.

"Florida was basically telling all of the recruits the same things [about playing time and their future roles for the Gators]," Richardson said. "And I looked at Deonte [Thompson's] situation and it didn't look good to me."

Thompson, an All-American receiver from Glades Central, red-shirted his first year and played sparingly this season.

Last edited by Junior G; 02-06-2009 at 07:21 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #595
Against D Grain 
space
space
 titanreese said:
When did Tenn take a shot at Bama??
At the same thing he was at when he was talking sh*t about Urban Meyer. He went on to acknowledge his number 1 recruiter Lance Thompson. And went on to say that Nick Saban should be "thank" Lance Thompson for having the number 1 recruiting class this year which was put together by him.

And Lance went on to say Nick Saban will not get anymore of his recruits if he had anything to do with it..

Yeah its not as big as the Urban Meyer sh*t, but it is to us Bama fans. 41-17 29-9 isnt enough. Lance Thompson will never get another recruit from Alabama, Saban made Lance Thompson, this fool was onthe "catch out corner" looking for work before Saban gave him a job.

I want Saban to hang 60 on these fu*kas in T-Town.
 9 years ago '06        #596
Against D Grain 
space
space
GAINESVILLE -- Florida wasn't the only school Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin took a shot at on Thursday. The Vols' coach also called into question the people at Pahokee Middle/High School.

While addressing a crowd of about 1,000 people at the Knoxville Convention Center, Kiffin said that receiving a faxed National Letter of Intent from Pahokee receiver Nu'Keese Richrdson on Wednesday was made difficult by the staff at Pahokee. Kiffin inferred that Pahokee High wanted to somehow prevent Richardson from signing with UT.

"You can't understand how hard this is to get done," Kiffin said. "[UT a.ssistant coach] Eddie [Gran] had this set up at 7 o'clock in the morning. [Richardson's aunts] got the papers signed by the kid. They didn't go do it at the school because they knew somebody at the school was going to screw it up. The fax machine wouldn't work, or they would have changed the signatures, all the things that go on in Pahokee now. The aunts took it over to a junior high, found a fax machine that worked and faxed them over to us at 7 o'clock, and I kept it in a drawer till their 1 o'clock press conference."

Pahokee coach Blaze Thompson said on Thursday he was "confused" by Kiffin's comments. For starters, there isn't a junior high in Pahokee. Pahokee High School and Pahokee Middle are the same school. Thompson said that Kiffin must have been talking about Pahokee Elementary, where Richardson's aunt works.

Thompson said that he has been friends with the Richardson family for 20 years and also said, "I wouldn't think they would say something like that about me."

Thompson was troubled by Kiffin's apparent fear that Pahokee had the intentions to somehow sabotage Richardson's attempt to fax his National Letter of Intent to Tennessee.

"I'm just confused," Thompson said. "I don't know where he would get we screw up faxes or change signatures. No player here has ever been coerced by me or anyone else at the school to go to one school or the other. Pahokee is certainly not a Florida school. [UF cornerback] Janoris [Jenkins] was our first to go there in a long time. We would have been proud for [Richardson] to go to Florida but we're just

as proud he went to Tennessee, although with these statements, I'm confused why [Kiffin] would bash a school he would get a commitment from."

Thompson said he looks forward to speaking with Kiffin and "hearing what this is all about."

"We have to deal with Tennessee and we're going to maintain a professional relationship with them," Thompson said. "They've got a great kid and a great player. We've never had anyone at Tennessee and we're excited about it. This is really sad that Coach Kiffin would make these kinds of statements.

"You put your heart into working with kids and any time your professionalism or your character is questioned it takes you back and makes you concerned."
 9 years ago '05        #597
booker20 
space
space
Pahokee is an FSU pipeline... UF really dont fu*k with them and their head coach is a former nole
 9 years ago '04        #598
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 UknowWhatItIs said:
I see where Bryce Brown is showing interest in Tennessee.

Come to AU Oku
Tennessee? That n*gga and his pimp are talking CFL

9 years ago '04        #599
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
Tennessee? That n*gga and his pimp are talking CFL

nah that's all bullsh*t

I read rumor where he was visiting Tennessee because he likes their depth chart
 9 years ago '04        #600
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
at UT taking another L

fuk bama but they got a commitment from a top 2010 WR from MEMPHIS

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago