National Signing Day - February 4th... Who does your squad need??

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-02-2009, 09:58 AM         #201
backMJPIP2333 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Marlon Brown would be nice..........but i think he ends up in Tennessee
 9 years ago '04        #202
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
Reid to announce night before Signing Day

February 2, 2009
Reid still torn between three

Jamie Newberg
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Greg Reid, a five-star prospect from Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes High School, is set to make his decision tomorrow night. Reid, a cornerback prospect, will make his decision at 7 p.m. at a local Steakhouse, Austin's in Valdosta. He made his final visit this past weekend to Georgia.

Reid is announcing tomorrow night between Georgia, FSU and Alabama.
"It was a fun trip," Reid said. "I really can't say much of anything other then I had a really good time. They are in it."

So Reid will announce Tuesday between the Bulldogs, Florida State and Alabama.

"It's those three and Miami. My plan is to sit down with my mom tonight and grandma and decide. Hopefully, it's the right decision."

Reid was the AJC Player of the Year and was the the MVP in two post-season . He also visited Alabama and FSU earlier this month.
 9 years ago '04        #203
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
 backMJPIP2333 said:
Marlon Brown would be nice..........but i think he ends up in Tennessee
or GA
 9 years ago '07        #204
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,667 | Props total: 16907 16907
Texas Tech steals teh #13 linebacker from OU. If This dude can step in and make an immediate impact. Expect not much a 10-3 team/9-4 team.

Most of their recruits are on the offensive side of the ball. Offense has never been Techs problem though.
 9 years ago '06        #205
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,470 | Props total: 14740 14740
i still think Reid ends up at GA. i honestly think its between GA and FSU with Alabama on the outside looking in. sh*t would be sick if Saban could pull him but i just dont see it. Reid and Kirkpatrick would be incredible but i'll settle for just Dre Kirkpatrick.
 9 years ago '06        #206
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,470 | Props total: 14740 14740
Sentimore said he's sticking with bama after visiting LSU. thats wassup.
 9 years ago '05        #207
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 6956 6956
 Birdman's Back said:
i still think Reid ends up at GA. i honestly think its between GA and FSU with Alabama on the outside looking in. sh*t would be sick if Saban could pull him but i just dont see it. Reid and Kirkpatrick would be incredible but i'll settle for just Dre Kirkpatrick.
He better be a Nole, if not he ain't gonna play anywhere if you gettin my drift
 9 years ago '06        #208
Bedlam 
space
space
$4,630 | Props total: 1 1
 Junior G said:
GETTING THE LAST WORD IN: There’s been a lot of rumor and innuendo this weekend out of Tallahassee about how Andre Debose was “salty” at Florida Coach Urban Meyer after the Gator head man reportedly had a “tense” meeting with Debose and his family last week. There’s also been plenty of conjecture of how well the star receiver’s official visit to Florida State went…

I can't stand Liar Meyer...I hate UF but I hate them even more because of this clown...atleast get a respectable coach.
Um, I'm not really sure how what you posted has anything to do with him being a liar or not respectable... You just feel like saying sh*t today? Meyer's been pretty honest this time around, especially with Greg Reid.
 9 years ago '05        #209
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 6956 6956
Will Secord aka Chris Weinke jr to FSU about 5 minutes ago.
 9 years ago '06        #210
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
I think Reid ends up at UGA too. Reid will not come to Alabama. Although he likes our program, he has stated that he wants to see the field early. With the DBs we have on roster and Dre coming in, Zo Lawerence and Robby Green will have something to say about that.. Which is all good, i can't fault the kid for that.

Unless FSU pretty much gurantee this n*gga a starting position next fall. I think he is UGA to lose.
 9 years ago '06        #211
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
 Birdman's Back said:
Sentimore said he's sticking with bama after visiting LSU. thats wassup.
Him and Trent got Bama fans going through it these last couple of days :lachen001:
 9 years ago '04        #212
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
Oku decides to wait

Jeremy Crabtree

Talk about it in The Bunker
Even though it's officially the dead period, things are hardly quiet for Midwest City (Okla.) Carl Albert running back David Oku.

David Oku said he needs some space to come up with a final decision.
The nation's No. 1 all-purpose back said things have gone from bad to worse with his decision. Despite being committed to Tennessee, the 5-foot-10, 186-pounder took official visits to Syracuse and Auburn recently.

"Everyone is trying to get me to pick already, but I'm not ready," Oku said. "All these coaches are making it worse by calling and trying to talk when I don't want to. This is a lot of pressure to put on one kid, and it doesn't help that I've got some family stuff going on, too."

It's gotten to the point that Oku said he wants the calls to stop.

"I'm not taking any calls," he said. "I just want the coaches to give me some space. Too much is going on for me right now."

Oku has said all along that he considers himself a Tennessee commitment, but he's backing away from that also.

"I'm not committed to anyone anymore," he said.

"I don't have any plans to sign on Wednesday. I don't know when a decision will be made. I just need some space and some time to think and sort things out. Hopefully the coaches will respect that and understand how difficult this has become for me."
 9 years ago '04        #213
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
AU or FSU for Phillips

The AU Rivals writer said AU has a 75% chance of getting him
 9 years ago '04        #214
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
February 3, 2009
Several candidates for a Signing Day switch

Mike Farrell
Recruiting Analyst
MORE: Counting Down to Signing Day | Announcement Watch | Expert Commit Predictions

Every year, there are players who switch their commitments on National Signing Day, delighting some fan bases and infuriating others. This year there seem to be more candidates to switch than ever.

Here is a look at a few of them:

Trent Richardson has made some Alabama fans nervous with his recent visits.
RB Trent Richardson: The nation's No. 2 running back and No. 6 player overall has been committed to Alabama since June, but he has a tough decision to make on Signing Day. Richardson has taken official visits to Florida, LSU and Florida State, and it wouldn't be a stunner if he changed his mind. But Alabama has the edge going into Wednesday.

LB Vontaze Burfict: Burfict is another national top-10 player who has been committed for quite some time but will really make his choice Wednesday. In this case the school he's committed to, USC, is the underdog. Burfict has been committed to USC since last February, but rumors are strong that he'll be signing with Arizona State.

DT Gary Brown: Publicly, Brown is listed as a solid commitment to Florida. Privately, there is more going on. Florida State has been making a strong push for Brown, who lives about 15 miles from Tallahassee, in Quincy. While most sources say he'll sign with Florida, there are some out there who think he might switch to FSU.

ATH Randall Carroll: As with Burfict, USC holds a commitment from Carroll, but the Trojans don't seem likely to sign him. Carroll has been committed to USC since the beginning of his junior season, but he opened things up this past summer. It seems as if UCLA is his likely destination. If it's not the Bruins, watch out for California and Arizona State.

WR Alshon Jeffery: He's another USC commitment who is looking around and won't decide until NSD. Jeffery, from St. Matthews, S.C., committed to the Trojans in June, but he opened up things in November and took official visits to Tennessee and South Carolina. There is a lot of talk about Jeffery deciding to stay closer to home and playing for either the Vols or Gamecocks. He could be the third Rivals100 prospect to de-commit from USC and sign elsewhere.

Others to watch: RB Bryce Brown (Miami commitment looking at Auburn, Kansas State, Missouri, Oregon and USC), WR Andre DeBose (Florida commitment looking at Florida State), CB Janzen Jackson (LSU commitment looking at Alabama and Tennessee), WR Nu'Keese Richardson (Florida commitment looking at Tennessee), DT Sheldon Richardson (Missouri commitment looking at Miami) and ATH Marsalis Teague (Florida commitment looking at Tennessee and Alabama).
 9 years ago '04        #215
UknowWhatItIs  OP
space
space
After hosting 12 prospects over the weekend, the Vols didn’t get a single public commitment but they did have D.T. Shackelford de-commit because he didn’t fit and two other soft verbals, running back David Oku and offensive lineman Aubrey Phillips, have all but announced they feel they fit into the picture at Auburn better than Tennessee.

Ironically both are being recruited for the Tigers by former Vol a.ssistant Trooper Taylor, one of the game’s most accomplished pitchmen who closed some big names in his three seasons on The Hill. It should also be noted that didn’t Auburn replaced Tommy Tuberville as head coach a couple of weeks after UT and yet the Tigers have 25 commitments and are currently ranked No. 15 nationally and have two five-star prospects committed. The Vols are still waiting to land their first five-star talent.

The Vols would like to cut into the total and are pursuing defensive tackle Terrance Coleman and linebacker Johnny Evans, both of whom visited over the weekend. The most immediate problem for Tennessee is recovering offensive talent. If JeRon Stokes does commit to UT the Vols will have 14 commitments. If, on the other hand, he follows the crowd the Vols will only have only five offensive prospects committed and two of those are linemen. Not the type of octane boost the Vols ailing offense needs.

.... wait til next year
 9 years ago '05        #216
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 UknowWhatItIs said:
RB Trent Richardson: The nation's No. 2 running back and No. 6 player overall has been committed to Alabama since June, but he has a tough decision to make on Signing Day. Richardson has taken official visits to Florida, LSU and Florida State, and it wouldn't be a stunner if he changed his mind. But Alabama has the edge going into Wednesday.

LB Vontaze Burfict: Burfict is another national top-10 player who has been committed for quite some time but will really make his choice Wednesday. In this case the school he's committed to, USC, is the underdog. Burfict has been committed to USC since last February, but rumors are strong that he'll be signing with Arizona State.

DT Gary Brown: Publicly, Brown is listed as a solid commitment to Florida. Privately, there is more going on. Florida State has been making a strong push for Brown, who lives about 15 miles from Tallahassee, in Quincy. While most sources say he'll sign with Florida, there are some out there who think he might switch to FSU.

ATH Randall Carroll: As with Burfict, USC holds a commitment from Carroll, but the Trojans don't seem likely to sign him. Carroll has been committed to USC since the beginning of his junior season, but he opened things up this past summer. It seems as if UCLA is his likely destination. If it's not the Bruins, watch out for California and Arizona State.

WR Alshon Jeffery: He's another USC commitment who is looking around and won't decide until NSD. Jeffery, from St. Matthews, S.C., committed to the Trojans in June, but he opened up things in November and took official visits to Tennessee and South Carolina. There is a lot of talk about Jeffery deciding to stay closer to home and playing for either the Vols or Gamecocks. He could be the third Rivals100 prospect to de-commit from USC and sign elsewhere.

Others to watch: RB Bryce Brown (Miami commitment looking at Auburn, Kansas State, Missouri, Oregon and USC), WR Andre DeBose (Florida commitment looking at Florida State), CB Janzen Jackson (LSU commitment looking at Alabama and Tennessee), WR Nu'Keese Richardson (Florida commitment looking at Tennessee), DT Sheldon Richardson (Missouri commitment looking at Miami) and ATH Marsalis Teague (Florida commitment looking at Tennessee and Alabama).
@ a handful of guys backing off Florida since Meyer's "any kid would be crazy not to come here" speech
 9 years ago '05        #217
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 UknowWhatItIs said:
AU or FSU for Phillips

The AU Rivals writer said AU has a 75% chance of getting him
what made u change your mind on this? did u read something new? anyway Trickett>>>>>>>_______ Phillips better recognize
 9 years ago '05        #218
booker20 
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
Oku decides to wait

Jeremy Crabtree

Talk about it in The Bunker
Even though it's officially the dead period, things are hardly quiet for Midwest City (Okla.) Carl Albert running back David Oku.

David Oku said he needs some space to come up with a final decision.
The nation's No. 1 all-purpose back said things have gone from bad to worse with his decision. Despite being committed to Tennessee, the 5-foot-10, 186-pounder took official visits to Syracuse and Auburn recently.

"Everyone is trying to get me to pick already, but I'm not ready," Oku said. "All these coaches are making it worse by calling and trying to talk when I don't want to. This is a lot of pressure to put on one kid, and it doesn't help that I've got some family stuff going on, too."

It's gotten to the point that Oku said he wants the calls to stop.

"I'm not taking any calls," he said. "I just want the coaches to give me some space. Too much is going on for me right now."

Oku has said all along that he considers himself a Tennessee commitment, but he's backing away from that also.

"I'm not committed to anyone anymore," he said.

"I don't have any plans to sign on Wednesday. I don't know when a decision will be made. I just need some space and some time to think and sort things out. Hopefully the coaches will respect that and understand how difficult this has become for me."
Oku turning into a drama queen hes my favorite back in this class behind Lonnie Pryor but he took too long to decide and we pretty much dropped his a.ss and opened it up for everybody else. If he wouldve go to come on his visit he would committed in December too bad we have to many similar backs to him
 9 years ago '05        #219
booker20 
space
space
7 hours til Reid's announcement
 9 years ago '05        #220
booker20 
space
space
When Belle Glade (FL) Glades Central offensive center Henry Orelus took his official visit to Florida State earlier this month, he thought he was done with the recruiting process. That isn't the case though. One Big East program has continued to aggressively recruit the three-star lineman and has given him something to think about.

"It is out of Florida State and West Virginia," Orelus told Warchant.com. "I am just going to make my final decision on Wednesday. I am still thinking on it. I don't know what I am going to do yet. I have a pretty good feeling on where I am going to go."

Gene Williams - Warchant.com
Orelus is very high on offensive line coach Rick Trickett.
The reason West Virginia has made a strong move is the persistence of head coach Bill Stewart and his staff.

"West Virginia has just been after me non-stop," he said. "I like the coaching staff there and I like the players. It is just a new thing. It isn't Florida, it is a new place."

While the Mountaineers have done a good job trying to get him to change his mind, Orelus can't hide his excitement when it comes to the Seminoles.

"I still love Florida State also," Orelus said. "I like Coach Trickett a lot and the coaching staff. I also feel like Florida State is going somewhere in the next couple of years. I want to be a part of that too."

When asked to compare the depth charts of the two schools, the Belle Glade native says that isn't what he is basing his decision on.

"If I was looking at it that way, then it is West Virginia, but you know when I go anywhere I feel like I can compete against anybody and prove I am the better player," Orelus said. "Competition is going to exist everywhere, so I am not thinking of it that way."

Distance isn't a factor either, nor local pressure, according to Orelus.

"My parents don't care where I go as long as I am happy," he said. "My coaches told me they aren't going to tell me what to do because I am old enough to make my own decisions.

"I just want to make the right decision. There is just a lot of tempting things that can change your mind. But I have a pretty good idea of where I am going, just want to make sure before I sign on Wednesday."

Orelus switched his commitment to Florida State back in late July from the LSU Tigers. He made that decision shortly after attending of the Seminole Showtime Camp last July.
the fu*k is this sh*t? guess he wants to be involved in the NSD drama but hes a Nole
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
78 comments
2 days ago