iPhone Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #721
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
i got a 3G phone with the 3.0 OS do i have to downgrade to jailbreak? seems like everywhere i look they talk about 1.1.4 and 2.2 i just want the easiest method. i tried Ziphone 3.0 but its giving me a connection error... maybe my itunes is too up date and apple blocked it? this is so annoying
 8 years ago '09        #722
RdGZkP 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,049 | Props total: 221 221
Nah there's a thread about this on the next page that'll help u out
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #723
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 ceeboski said:
damn u!!!! that's the exact theme i was talkin bout, that s**t looks stupid!! i don't even know what that popup box is, matter of fact i don't even care I know I got to have that theme!!!
FYI, that pop up box is from iRealSMS and iRealQuickSMS. Lets you send texts without leaving an app, or from the lockscreen.

irealsms.com
 8 years ago '06        #724
ceeboski 
space
space
$1,698 | Props total: 1 1
i'm straight on that now, i'm not f**kin with none of that s**t unless its on cydia and all i gotta do is hit "install" f**k a 5 icon dock, 5 column springboard, springjumps, its all water under the bridge to me now... unless somethin stupid hot comes out...and i mean 5000 degrees...
 8 years ago '04        #725
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
what up i'm want to jailbreak my stuff tonight but will it delete my pic or text?
 8 years ago '09        #726
RdGZkP 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,049 | Props total: 221 221
I think it'll delete ur texts bcuz u gotta restore it? U got important texts tho that can't b erased? U can backup ur pics on ur iTunes b4 u jailbreak
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #727
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
good looking
 8 years ago '04        #728
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,708 | Props total: 436 436
 DJWho said:
what up i'm want to jailbreak my stuff tonight but will it delete my pic or text?
nah, everything will be on there after you jailbreak, but just back up before you do
 8 years ago '05        #729
gemberland2004 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 508 508
i got a jailbroken iphone but i don't know where to start to make it look all pretty and s**t and get free apps i'm lost lmao
 8 years ago '05        #730
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7095 7095
 gemberland2004 said:
i got a jailbroken iphone but i don't know where to start to make it look all pretty and s**t and get free apps i'm lost lmao
Download winterboard off of cydia first of all. Thats how you make it all pretty and s**t. Once you download winterboard, download whatever kind of THEME you want off of cydia. Try out iElegance, thats the one I use and its solid, especially with my grey case I use for my phone. Then once you download iElegance, leave Cydia, open up Winterboard, which will be right on your phone where the app icons are and s**t. Once in winterboard, click the 4 or 5 things that say iElegance, then click the home button. Your phone will restart with the iElegance theme. Then you can download whatever themes you want and use the same process using winterboard to turn them on. Just make sure you turn off iElegance before you switch them up.

Then go to youtube, and search "Installous IPhone"

That will show you how to download a program called Installous. That is how you get free apps. It is an EXACT replica of the App store, pretty much. I mean, it has a different layout, but EVERYTHING you can get in the App store, even the 10, 15 dollar apps, will be free on Installous, and they work JUST as good, and download just as fast.

PM me if you have anymore questions. I was in the same boat as you at first, all lost n s**t. So I will help you through the process if you'd like.
 08-19-2009, 05:08 PM         #731
Davey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just jailbroke and unlocked an iPhone 2G a few weeks back. Still educating myself on Cydia/Installous/Winterboard/etc.

I have an off-tangent question, though, maybe somebody here can answer. I enabled MMS on my phone about a week ago and since then every time I try and send a mass text it labels it as a "Group MMS" and fails every time. Anybody know what the problem is?
 8 years ago '05        #732
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 Reppindaburghh said:
Download winterboard off of cydia first of all. Thats how you make it all pretty and s**t. Once you download winterboard, download whatever kind of THEME you want off of cydia. Try out iElegance, thats the one I use and its solid, especially with my grey case I use for my phone. Then once you download iElegance, leave Cydia, open up Winterboard, which will be right on your phone where the app icons are and s**t. Once in winterboard, click the 4 or 5 things that say iElegance, then click the home button. Your phone will restart with the iElegance theme. Then you can download whatever themes you want and use the same process using winterboard to turn them on. Just make sure you turn off iElegance before you switch them up.

Then go to youtube, and search "Installous IPhone"

That will show you how to download a program called Installous. That is how you get free apps. It is an EXACT replica of the App store, pretty much. I mean, it has a different layout, but EVERYTHING you can get in the App store, even the 10, 15 dollar apps, will be free on Installous, and they work JUST as good, and download just as fast.

PM me if you have anymore questions. I was in the same boat as you at first, all lost n s**t. So I will help you through the process if you'd like.
Reading online all the info I saw said to download something called mipatch to help open the cracked ipa's.

The jailbreaking process was fine but installing installous and mipatch made everything mess up. My iphone would freeze upon restarting.

But there is an app on cydia called appsync, I downloaded that and that helped i believe.

I bypassed installous all together, and just download the apps straight from the web version of the appolous site. Then I add them to Itunes by selecting "add file to library". Then just sync everything up to my iphone.
 8 years ago '05        #733
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
edit: links still not showing up. Don't know why.

Last edited by OMEGAMAN; 08-20-2009 at 12:08 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #734
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7095 7095
 OMEGAMAN said:
What I'm working with now:

Damn homie nobodys tryin to click 4 different links to see your phones layout, post the PICS directly on here.
 8 years ago '05        #735
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Damn homie nobodys tryin to click 4 different links to see your phones layout, post the PICS directly on here.
If it was that much of an inconvenience, don't look. You won't hurt my feelings I promise. Of course I tried that first but they weren't showing up for whatever reason.
 08-21-2009, 12:53 AM         #736
codeine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so will SwirlyMMS work on a ATT 3G 3.01 update iPhone?
 8 years ago '06        #737
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,522 | Props total: 3464 3464
i cant get this s**t to work...

i just tried to jailbreak it with redsnow 0.8 but i get stuck right at the rebooting screen after getting it in DFU mode...

my s**t went into recovery mode and couldnt be identified by itunes

my s**t then stayed off like it was broken, then i got it back on and working...

tried a few more times and nothing.

anybody have a easy successful way to get it jailbroken

i have an ipod touch 2nd gen updated to ver 3.0

thanks...website links or whatever may help if u dont wanna explain urself.

I also looked at that one jailbreak thread but thats not for my version ipod.
 8 years ago '06        #738
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
I usually use quickpwn.com
gets the job done
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #739
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
 NYC-Banga said:
i cant get this s**t to work...

i just tried to jailbreak it with redsnow 0.8 but i get stuck right at the rebooting screen after getting it in DFU mode...

my s**t went into recovery mode and couldnt be identified by itunes

my s**t then stayed off like it was broken, then i got it back on and working...

tried a few more times and nothing.

anybody have a easy successful way to get it jailbroken

i have an ipod touch 2nd gen updated to ver 3.0

thanks...website links or whatever may help if u dont wanna explain urself.

I also looked at that one jailbreak thread but thats not for my version ipod.
This worked for me when I had the ipod touch. I used redsnow and didn't have a problem.

8 years ago '04        #740
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
Here's what I'm workin with on my iPhone. Couldn't be any better. :)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy