iPhone Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #661
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 KeithHernandez said:
That one is already available right here:

I'm warning you though, man... it's a MONSTER.

I was trying to set it up last night, but it requires the 5-column springboard off Cydia. The s**t is: while you're getting eager and moving around 90+ blank icons to arrange your pages, the SpringBoard crashes on you, goes into safe mode, defaults the whole thing to 4 columns, and the pages you already arranged are knocked completely out of whack.

Then you gotta go back, start at page 1, wash, rinse, repeat.

I gave up after the third try. A few people have used it, and they adore it. My patience was tested.
dam. that happend to me quite a few times when i try to customize my own theme >.< pain in the a.ss. ill give it a try,
 8 years ago '06        #662
dwadeforprez 2 heat pts
space
space
$909 | Props total: 5 5
whats the best landscape sms app? im having a hard time finding a good one
 8 years ago '06        #663
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,344 | Props total: 1420 1420
for some reason I only thought windows mobile phones could do this but damn that 3gs is looking kinda nice right now
 06-19-2009, 07:24 PM         #664
tecboi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeithHernandez said:
That's your answer. You Jailbreak, and stealing iPhone apps is the primary advantage.

Basically, non-Apple developers stay one step ahead of Apple. The iPhone 3G couldn't record video, copy/paste, utilize emulators, etc. And the third-party dudes whose work is available when you jailbreak flourished.

Jailbreaking adds new functionality that keeps kicking the phone up a notch. We're talking everything from full-fledged games and apps to complex themes to minor tweaks that should've been there to begin with.

Apple f**ked up when they made users have to exit Apps to respond to a text message. Say you're playing Scrabble, get a message, and now you gotta stop playing.

Third-Party developers available AFTER you jailbreak made iRealSMS that gives you a pop up that allows you to respond without exiting. You get Widgets that make the device more unique every minute.

Completely worth it.
Yea, that's what the f**k i'm talking about!

But, what about the apps from the app store. Are there "cracked" versions of those programs out there to be downloaded? Or is it just third party apps that are made for jailbroken iphones only?
 8 years ago '06        #665
dwadeforprez 2 heat pts
space
space
$909 | Props total: 5 5
nvm i found one, and landscape themes >>>>
 06-20-2009, 01:10 PM         #666
tecboi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NahLij said:
get Installous and u can get everything from the app store for free. I'm waiting on the jailbreak for windows to drop and all will be right with the world.
I'm officially coppin' that iphone 3gs!!

as long as the don't charge me that $200 upgrade fee. I'm already over a year into my 2yr contract.
 8 years ago '06        #667
ceeboski 
space
space
$1,698 | Props total: 1 1
 tecboi said:
I'm officially coppin' that iphone 3gs!!

as long as the don't charge me that $200 upgrade fee. I'm already over a year into my 2yr contract.
your gettin charged!! let me know if you don't though...
 8 years ago '05        #668
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,192 | Props total: 11753 11753
 KeithHernandez said:
Sounds like your springboard is crashing because of memory leakage. If you got SBSettings from Cydia, check what your memory says. Typically, you need at least 20MB free to run an app with no lag.

Things like Winterboard r*pe memory, so it's always gotta be a give and take on the phone.

[pic - click to view]

Sometimes I go theme crazy and keep installing these huge iNav joints that require me to run Six Rows, Five Columns, Spring Jumps, 90+ blanks, etc -- and my memory lingers around 12MB. And then my s**t crashes.

Like, to play Tiger Woods, I had to Respring every time just to get my memory back up, otherwise the system crashes.

Also, with SBSettings, under the Power button, you can reboot into Safe Mode and do some trial and error. Main thing you wanna avoid is a restore.
My Avail Memory is showin 15MB.
I got 3.0
Its got Cydia/Winterboard but i havent even installed any themes yet
My VideoRecorderFor3G refuses to run. It just loads then crashes.

How do i increase the Avail Memory?

EDIT: Nvm i just resprung the shyt now its showing 45MB
But the video rec still crashes

KeithHernandez said:
btw, ceebo -- the next theme I'm waiting on.... Should be magical once it's released. I see a lot of customization opportunities. And the dude promised that all we'll need is Categories and iBlank. f**k a springjump.

From Chris @ MacCiti.com:

[pic - click to view]

I must have this. Just Categories/Iblank????? Victory.

Last edited by THEINFAMOUS; 06-24-2009 at 08:37 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #669
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 THEINFAMOUS said:
My Avail Memory is showin 15MB.
I got 3.0
Its got Cydia/Winterboard but i havent even installed any themes yet
My VideoRecorderFor3G refuses to run. It just loads then crashes.

How do i increase the Avail Memory?

EDIT: Nvm i just resprung the shyt now its showing 45MB
But the video rec still crashes
The dude misunderstood my question about the theme when I asked him. It requires all that springjumps, 5 column, 5 dock, etc.

Also, a lot of Cydia apps aren't 3.0 compatible yet. These are the ones I know for sure:

Not working:

* Backgrounder – Work will start soon
* BossTool
* FontSwap
* Homework Planner
* iBirthdays
* *iKeyEx and addons.
* iRealsms – Being worked on should be done soon.
* irealquicksms
* Quickgold – being worked on as an integration into spotlight.
* Lockdown – being worked on
* LogoMe – dev team is too busy
* MySMS
* Notifier – status bar messages dont go away
* *Searcher
* SpringJumps
* *textreader
* SBSettings AutoLock
* SBSettings Close Button
* *SBSettings User Agent Faker
* SBSettings Volume MC Widget
* Winterboard – Works except keyboard theming does not work.

Recently updated and working:

* AptBackup – Updated to avoid overwriting saurik’s repository, but not tested by me.
* BiteSMS 4.0 or newer
* BossPrefs v3.0.1 or newer
* ClearCam 1.1.2
* iBlacklist 3.0-1 or newer. (I had a packaging error in 3.0)
* Insomnia 3.0.2
* MobileDTA 3.1
* Mobile Substrate – This is foundation for many apps like SBSettings & Winterboard. Recent bug was causing iTunes store to not load.
* SBSettings iPod Widget 1.2-1

Working (not complete):

* Categories – confirmed working. No 3.0 compatibility issues. If you have issues with this its not 3.0
* CyDelete
* Docs – confirmed working. No 3.0 compatibility issues. If you have issues with this its not due to 3.0
* Flashlight
* SBSettings 2.99-4 or better
* SysInfo Plus
* Voipoverip3g

[via BigBoss]
 8 years ago '06        #670
ceeboski 
space
space
ive finally upgraded to 3.0 and all is well, the crazy thing is that I like my default theme, but i'm really lookin forward to the new 3.0 themes to start rolling out

Last edited by ceeboski; 06-24-2009 at 02:11 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #671
space
space
I just upgraded to a 16GB 3G. I'm giving wifey my 8GB, and we're gonna flip her Blackberry back on eBay. She's been dying to get down with some Installous lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more themes become compatible out here. My NY Times app crashes everytime I hit edit. Gettin me mad as s**t lol.
 8 years ago '06        #672
ceeboski 
space
space
 KeithHernandez said:
I just upgraded to a 16GB 3G. I'm giving wifey my 8GB, and we're gonna flip her Blackberry back on eBay. She's been dying to get down with some Installous lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more themes become compatible out here. My NY Times app crashes everytime I hit edit. Gettin me mad as s**t lol.
it looks like its gonna be a while before the 3.0 themes come out, cats can't find the files to edit stuff, from what i understand the original files have been renamed and relocated, also i need cycorder to work asap, i'm missin some prime footage out here in the streets
 8 years ago '07        #673
space
space
Apple really dropped the ball by not updating the 3G camera for video recording. Cycorder and iPhone Video Recorder on Cydia proved this s**tty 2MP camera can do it. I don't know why they felt like playing games and didn't give us that capability.
 8 years ago '06        #674
ceeboski 
space
space
 KeithHernandez said:
Apple really dropped the ball by not updating the 3G camera for video recording. Cycorder and iPhone Video Recorder on Cydia proved this s**tty 2MP camera can do it. I don't know why they felt like playing games and didn't give us that capability.
i totally agree with you, the s**t is just stupid, they already know it can be done so apple should let us utilize it...
 8 years ago '05        #675
space
space
I dont see why Apple doesnt just hire the Saurik n*gga who created cydia. Pay him. And make all these dam apps avail in the dam appstore
 8 years ago '06        #676
ceeboski 
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
I dont see why Apple doesnt just hire the Saurik n*gga who created cydia. Pay him. And make all these dam apps avail in the dam appstore
too much like right
 8 years ago '05        #677
space
space
 KeithHernandez said:
The dude misunderstood my question about the theme when I asked him. It requires all that springjumps, 5 column, 5 dock, etc.

Also, a lot of Cydia apps aren't 3.0 compatible yet. These are the ones I know for sure:
Oh ok. Makes sense now. Im steady tryna respring and shyt.
 8 years ago '05        #678
space
space
 keithhernandez said:
apple f**ked up when they made users have to exit apps to respond to a text message. Say you're playing scrabble, get a message, and now you gotta stop playing.
i hate this shyt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '05        #679
space
space
 KeithHernandez said:
Hell yeah. isnt that video/camera toggle switch built into the 3.0 firmware??
 8 years ago '06        #680
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2058 2058
the video recorder on the 3g is wack an update cant just turn a camera into a video recorder the app in cydia was crap
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy