michael jordan's competition...?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #281
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 A.O.™ said:
Do you know who Mike Sent packing in the finals.. Clyde Drexler, Terry Porter, Jerome Kersey, Duckworth, Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, Worthy, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Jeff Hornacek, Byron Russell, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Detlef Schrempf (not to sure if he was still on the roster have to check my videos), Nate McMillan, Charles Barkley, KJ, Thunder Dan,

Most of these dudes are Hall of Famers, Most of these dudes are coaching, or announcers means they were good enough players to have careers after their ball playing days were up.
Outstanding post and good points... I simply wanna add to your list the following players

Hakeem Olajuwon (Just so happened to win after Jordan retired), Patrick Ewing, David Robinson (Same as Hakeem didnt win til Jordan retired), Shaquille O'Neal, Reggie Miller, Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Penny Hardaway, Brad Dougherty, Mark Price
 9 years ago '08        #282
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
wow str8akademics.....u blow me the fu*k away...and i really thought u had some basketball knowledge.

first you say that % is irrelevant and now you say MJ wasn't a good jumpshooter??
 9 years ago '04        #283
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 PEK said:
I aint even finna waste my time arguing this sh*t. MJ was a good jump shooter throughout his career and anyone who watched knows this.

And even tho I dont much stock in true shooting% but since you do, I will point out that MJ has a higher TS% than Kobe.:D
So don't argue it.
He wasn't a great jumpshooter earlier in his career.
And what the fu*k do I care about Kobe's ts%? We're talking about MJ here.
Get the d*ck outta your a.ss and stick to the script.

wepainters said:
wow str8akademics.....u blow me the fu*k away...and i really thought u had some basketball knowledge.

first you say that % is irrelevant and now you say MJ wasn't a good jumpshooter??
Obviously I was talking about relative terms.. You said he shot 50% from the field and at that time he wasn't a good jumpshooter.
I shoulda known to pay attention to more details and make it clear as hell or some c*cksucker would have jumped on my back to save his daddy.

Last edited by A.G; 01-25-2009 at 09:54 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #284
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,819 | Props total: 3450 3450
 str8_akademiks said:
So don't argue it.
He wasn't a great jumpshooter earlier in his career.
And what the fu*k do I care about Kobe's ts%? We're talking about MJ here.
Get the d*ck outta your a.ss and stick to the script.
MJ was a great jump shooter his entire career period. And since I seen yo a.ss arguing about TS% I just felt the need to point that sh*t out to you. If you can ever get the sperm out of your eyes, go look at some old Bulls games and see how stupid you sound.
 9 years ago '04        #285
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 PEK said:
MJ was a great jump shooter his entire career period. And since I seen yo a.ss arguing about TS% I just felt the need to point that sh*t out to you. If you can ever get the sperm out of your eyes, go look at some old Bulls games and see how stupid.
I lived through the entire Bulls era.. Including almost all of MJ's career. I don't need to pretend like I did just to try to make arguments on the internet.
He wasn't a great jumpshooter until probably the year they won the 3rd title, or even until he came back from his retirement.
I thought even the biggest groupie knew that sh*t.

Apparently not though...

Last edited by A.G; 01-25-2009 at 10:05 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #286
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
And let me clarify this further, since "great" is such a subjective term.

Early MJ was not even CLOSE to being as good a jumpshooter as MJ in his later stages.
He was a worse jumpshooter than Dwyane Wade is right now, but obviously he got a lot better and he was probably one of the greatest mid-range shooters of our time.

9 years ago '08        #287
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
I lived through the entire Bulls era.. Including almost all of MJ's career. I don't need to pretend like I did just to try to make arguments on the internet.
He wasn't a great jumpshooter until probably the year they won the 3rd title, or even until he came back from his retirement.

Apparently not though...
Yo a.ss must not have watched any Bulls games. You will not find a player, commentator, coach or stat that will ever say or show that MJ didn't have a good J. You are the only retard I have ever seen say this stupid sh*t. Everyone remembers in the 2nd title he was draining 3's against Portland, 2 years before that he was shooting 38% from 3. His mid range shot has always been great. But its all good, I realize that Kobe stans tend to either have bad memories or just plain make up sh*t.
 9 years ago '04        #288
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 PEK said:
Yo a.ss must not have watched any Bulls games. You will not find a player, commentator, coach or stat that will ever say or show that MJ didn't have a good J. You are the only retard I have ever seen say this stupid sh*t. Everyone remembers in the 2nd title he was draining 3's against Portland, 2 years before that he was shooting 38% from 3. His mid range shot has always been great. But its all good, I realize that Kobe stans tend to either have bad memories or just plain make up sh*t.
Does it hurt your feelings that I don't agree with everything you MJ c*ckjockers have to say, making you call someone a "stan" when they don't jump on every bandwagon?

Does it really bother you that much?
The way you protect this man, it makes it look like it burns at your soul to see anyone talk about any possible flaws he had as a basketball player.
Take it and move along.
Obviously I'm not gonna change your opinion and you aren't gonna change mine, so I'll just save a couple of hours and let you store some of those insults you've got saved up for someone else.
There are better things to do on a Sunday than argue about a man that nobody gives a fu*k about anymore.
 9 years ago '08        #289
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
And let me clarify this further, since "great" is such a subjective term.

Early MJ was not even CLOSE to being as good a jumpshooter as MJ in his later stages.
He was a worse jumpshooter than Dwyane Wade is right now, but obviously he got a lot better and he was probably one of the greatest mid-range shooters of our time.

Where you're getting this fu*ked up at is when he was younger didn't rely on his jumper as much as he did when he got older. When he was young he'd drive alot, as he got older and lost a step he started using his jumper more. His Jumper was nice from day fu*king 1. He didn't have to work on it and improve it, he just had to use it more since he didn't have the legs to drive as much as he did when he was younger.
 9 years ago '08        #290
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,891 | Props total: 12600 12600

Can see the kobe d*ckriders sticking up for their man *cough cough str8ak*
 9 years ago '04        #291
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 The Blueprint said:

Can see the kobe d*ckriders sticking up for their man *cough cough str8ak*
Funny thing is that I didn't even bring up that dude in this thread at all... I know MJ >> Kobe but I just love making these dudes angry as fu*k. ... They act like you just took a swing at their mother when you mention MJ.
 01-25-2009, 10:31 AM         #292
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmaoo @ the only reason why this thread is still opoen is cuz str8 akademiks don't know when to quit, i ether'd him like 3 times in this thread and reading the lastest pages he's takin more L's then young berg, this n*gga needs to stop
 9 years ago '08        #293
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
Does it hurt your feelings that I don't agree with everything you MJ c*ckjockers have to say, making you call someone a "stan" when they don't jump on every bandwagon?

Does it really bother you that much?
The way you protect this man, it makes it look like it burns at your soul to see anyone talk about any possible flaws he had as a basketball player.
Take it and move along.
Obviously I'm not gonna change your opinion and you aren't gonna change mine, so I'll just save a couple of hours and let you store some of those insults you've got saved up for someone else.
There are better things to do on a Sunday than argue about a man that nobody gives a fu*k about anymore.
So speaking the truth+protecting MJ.GTFOH. And if you dont give a fu*k about MJ why are you in this thread? His J was always on point, dont get mad cuz you got corrected on the bullsh*t you said.
 9 years ago '04        #294
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 rawproduct03 said:
lmaoo @ the only reason why this thread is still opoen is cuz str8 akademiks don't know when to quit, i ether'd him like 3 times in this thread and reading the lastest pages he's takin more L's then young berg, this n*gga needs to stop
You didn't "ether" anyone you stupid a.ss whiteboy.
I love it when you fake internet thugs say some stupid sh*t and act like you rocked the world with your idiotic posts.
 9 years ago '04        #295
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 PEK said:
So speaking the truth+protecting MJ.GTFOH. And if you dont give a fu*k about MJ why are you in this thread? His J was always on point, dont get mad cuz you got corrected on the bullsh*t you said.
Why am I in this thread? Because it's always at the top of the BXSC when I enter.
And it's fun.

I could say MJ was the worst defensive player in the history of basketball and some clowns would take me serious and argue with me over 2 pages and suddenly over the validity of the dRTG metric.

Last edited by A.G; 01-25-2009 at 10:39 AM..
 01-25-2009, 10:59 AM         #296
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think Kobe fans just want you to hate Kobe.

I mean nobody denies Kobe's talent. But comparing him to Mike is like comparing

Purple Haze with Seed-filled Arizona (regular for you downsouth boneheads)

It just doesnt make any sense.

Compare Kobe to Lebron or your D-Wades... but Keep MJ out of this!
 9 years ago '04        #297
dre03 
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:

Apparently not though...
And you know he wasnt a great jumpshooter how??? Let me ask you something if Jordan chose to drive more than shoot that made him a bad jump shooter??? Could it be he always had a great jumpshot and just later on in his career when he didnt have the ability to drive past every player he utilized it... Because Jordan hit alot of gamewinners before he ever won a championship and they were mostly jumpshots...

Just because you drive more often than shoot doesnt mean your not a good jumpshooter... If he only shot like 5 to 7 shots jumpshots a game how can u judge how good of a jumpshooter he is... And i could have sworn it was the 92 finals where Jordan set the record for most 3 pointers in a half in the finals... That was before his 3rd championship... I would only a.ssume you have to be able to shoot a little to accomplish that... Just me tho
 9 years ago '04        #298
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 dre03 said:
And you know he wasnt a great jumpshooter how??? Let me ask you something if Jordan chose to drive more than shoot that made him a bad jump shooter??? Could it be he always had a great jumpshot and just later on in his career when he didnt have the ability to drive past every player he utilized it... Because Jordan hit alot of gamewinners before he ever won a championship and they were mostly jumpshots...

Just because you drive more often than shoot doesnt mean your not a good jumpshooter... If he only shot like 5 to 7 shots jumpshots a game how can u judge how good of a jumpshooter he is... And i could have sworn it was the 92 finals where Jordan set the record for most 3 pointers in a half in the finals... That was before his 3rd championship... I would only a.ssume you have to be able to shoot a little to accomplish that... Just me tho
Because I watched him play. I'm sorry that may be a novel idea to some people.
It's like saying that who knows if Lebron is a good jump shooter because he doesn't attempt them.
Correlation doesn't imply causation.
There are no stats to show whether he was a good jumpshooter or not, so something like that would just have to be observed with your own eyes.
 9 years ago '04        #299
dre03 
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
Because I watched him play. I'm sorry that may be a novel idea to some people.
It's like saying that who knows if Lebron is a good jump shooter because he doesn't attempt them.
Correlation doesn't imply causation.
There are no stats to show whether he was a good jumpshooter or not, so something like that would just have to be observed with your own eyes.
Duh dumbass... My point is since you contradicted yourself... you said he didnt shoot early in his career he drove all the time... If he drove 90% of the time and barely shot a jump shot how can you accurately grade his jumpshot... I can tell you craig ehlo and larry bird sure thought otherwise about jordan's jumper...

You say you watched Jordan but its funny how i watched teams play him to drive instead of his jumpshot... I would think if a guy couldnt shoot you would play off of him... But every single game jordan was pressured hard which was the real reason he always drove to the goal not because he couldnt shoot... When he was forced to shoot jumpers he showed he could...
 9 years ago '04        #300
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 dre03 said:
Duh dumbass... My point is since you contradicted yourself... you said he didnt shoot early in his career he drove all the time... If he drove 90% of the time and barely shot a jump shot how can you accurately grade his jumpshot... I can tell you craig ehlo and larry bird sure thought otherwise about jordan's jumper...

You say you watched Jordan but its funny how i watched teams play him to drive instead of his jumpshot... I would think if a guy couldnt shoot you would play off of him... But every single game jordan was pressured hard which was the real reason he always drove to the goal not because he couldnt shoot... When he was forced to shoot jumpers he showed he could...
Because you can see when a player doesn't hit from the field.
I mean, it is common sense. When the ball doesn't go in, it is a miss, right?

I literally watched probably 90% of all Bulls games from '88 to when Mike retired. He was my favorite player at the time aside from Magic. I saw a lot of games from before '88 but I wasn't old enough to remember, nor did I pay attention to the nuances of the game. I download a LOT of old Bulls & Lakers games and have a ton on VHS..

People can speculate all they want about sh*t that they pretend they're old enough to have seen, but I saw it with my own eyes.

Keep watching your youtube highlight videos and try to pull your knowledge from there.

Last edited by A.G; 01-25-2009 at 12:06 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy