most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #261
Lester86 
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 7 7
 philly337 said:
lol my bad i didn't look up wades stats just went by what u said and thought u had the rebound and a.ssists backward.....so let me rephrase

jordan had MOREEEEEE rebound then wade and could barely jump,3 less a.ssists,and 9 less points.If u think he couldn't grab those boards in todays league when he was snatchin sh*t with rodman,barkley,ewing,mourning,shaq,hakeem,robinso, and countless other u got problems....and my reply on his points stay the same
Jordan attempted the most FG's while playing for the wizards. He also averaged about 36 min. per game. He was FO of the wizards; he's going to request being the focal point of the team. Aside from Rip, he had minimal go-to players. Jordan did NOT turn that Wizards organization around. both seasons (2001-2002 and 2002-2003), they ended at 37-45

Given the above stated circumstances, it's not totally difficult to average the numbers he was putting up.
 9 years ago '04        #262
Lester86 
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 7 7
NBA in the late 80's, mid 90's >>>>> The current NBA.

I have a poster of the Dream Team up on my wall. Everytime I look at that sh*t, i get chills.
 01-22-2009, 07:50 AM         #263
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ-QUIK said:
jordan never guarded the greatest player let alone shut anyone down. chris jackson burned jordan a.ss when he tried to guard him and pippen guarded magic in the finals. jordan was so overrated its not even funny. kobe>>jordan and even thought they hate it its real

Either you dudes never watched a game during that era or were old enough to understand what you were watching. But the league back then was much harder then it is today. Every thing was man to man hand checking and physical, so your argument about Kobe having to guard Lebron or vice versa is BS. #1 the no hand check rule allows Lebron and Kobe to score at will, the NBA needed this rule because of the Jordan effect. And what is the Jordan effect? The lack of scoring and excitement was due to the fact that MJ was gone. #2 The Zone once the zone came into the league it put more European players into the mix and even the playing field, teams have found ways to stay in a zone longer then the BS 3 second rule they set up. #3 the level of talent back then makes today's game look sick. Jordan earned his stripes by playing some of the greatest teams the NBA has ever had. Basketball is a team sport so that individual guard BS you talk about doesn’t fly either. But just to put you on blast on teams and players the top teams that were contenders were pretty much what you see today. Boston, Detroit, LA, Cleveland, Atlanta, New York, Portland, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle was coming up at that time as well. And on those teams you had hall of famers. Top 50 players and I bet I can name more first ballot hall of famers then you can name in today's game! Now you have Rookies who they promote as team saviors and who end up running a team as a rookie back then that sh*t would have never happened. And who laughs at Joe Dumars, Dominique Wilkins, Clyde the Glide, Isaiah, Magic, Reggie Miller, Grant hill in his prime, Kevin Johnson, John Stockton, Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway, Terry Porter, Hersey Hawkins, Charles Barkley. We can go and debate prime status but numbers don’t lie. During this era these players were on top of there game! And put them against the bums of today's game and you'll have a blow out. Fundamentals win over athletic ability, that’s what Jordan had to learn from Detroit.
 01-22-2009, 07:53 AM         #264
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lester86 said:
NBA in the late 80's, mid 90's >>>>> The current NBA.

I have a poster of the Dream Team up on my wall. Everytime I look at that sh*t, i get chills.
thank you, Barkley in his prime and Malone in his would eat up any power foward in todays game. Now dont get me wrong Lebron and Kobe would be good in that era but I doubt they be as dominant as they are now or more then Jordan. And to keep it 100 Lebron would play power foward or point gaurd because he cant shot that well. At Point gaurd he could spot up and shoot and dish the rock. At PF he'll just mucle dudes and have to D up!
 01-22-2009, 07:55 AM         #265
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And one last thing on Jordans Dominance His career average is 30.1 a game, Dont think we'll see another player in history average that again!
 9 years ago '07        #266
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 4412 4412
 str8_akademiks said:
You're in college, yet you started watching basketball in '91.

Something doesn't add up there.

Maybe it's another load of horsesh*t like everything you've said in this thread already.
 9 years ago '05        #267
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 str8_akademiks said:
Michael never played till he was 41. He retired at 39 or 40. As for Lebron, he doesn't have the skills to be dominant at an older age with diminished athleticism. There are only a handful of players who ever have had that much skill to be able to be successful in the NBA even when their skills had diminished. He doesn't even have a post game to be able to defer to when he gets up there in age to save himself from exerting too much energy and be more efficient. This is really the important time where he needs to work on his essential skills if he wants to have longevity as a player.

There was no denying MJ as an overall player. He was as complete of a player you'll ever find, and that's the reason why he was able to hang even at his older age.

I know this has been beaten to death, but Mike never was limited in his ability to isolate against an obviously inferior player. Its much more difficult to isolate as a great offensive player in today's game.
I won't even take it that far because I know it'll extend another 5 pages on "zone vs. man vs. handcheck vs. whatever" defenses.

And yes, Mike was undoubtedly the best for a good 10 year span.. Probably the longest longevity of any player, and that's why he's considered the goat in many circles.
exactly why i say Kobe is better than lebron because his game is more comprehensive and favors longevity...people need to shut up with this if he develops a jumper sh*t he will be the goat..for every player that was supposed to develope one and actually did, there are 20 that didnt...
 9 years ago '04        #268
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 !ALLMONEYENT! said:
thank you, Barkley in his prime and Malone in his would eat up any power foward in todays game. Now dont get me wrong Lebron and Kobe would be good in that era but I doubt they be as dominant as they are now or more then Jordan. And to keep it 100 Lebron would play power foward or point gaurd because he cant shot that well. At Point gaurd he could spot up and shoot and dish the rock. At PF he'll just mucle dudes and have to D up!
So why is it that Tim Duncan is pretty much the consensus goat PF??
 9 years ago '06        #269
kidrockstylez 52 heat pts52
space
space
$842 | Props total: 125 125
which one of these players has hops/handles/strength/passing abilities even remotely close to lebron or d.wade????
First off youre only talking about 2 players, players back in that day actually fu*kin tried to win, nowadays players only tryin to get that mvp or scoring title, there are only two players in the league that actually wanna win and they are kobe and lebron but no one now is playin defense besides bruce bowen who has shut both them down on numerous occasions and if u dont believe that sh*t look it up, playoffs they both got shut down by one man, and all im saying is that for people to say jordan had no competition fu*k outta here jordan k!lled both ends of the floors and hes not the greatest player to ever play because he could score... This guy won the defensive player award, and that was because he busted his a.ss every night and shutting down n*ggas like alex english, drexler, bryon russell, dominique, and some.. now for your ignorant a.ss to say he had no one to guard there was more than 3 dominant perimeter players back then
 9 years ago '04        #270
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 kidrockstylez said:
First off youre only talking about 2 players, players back in that day actually fu*kin tried to win, nowadays players only tryin to get that mvp or scoring title, there are only two players in the league that actually wanna win and they are kobe and lebron but no one now is playin defense besides bruce bowen who has shut both them down on numerous occasions and if u dont believe that sh*t look it up, playoffs they both got shut down by one man, and all im saying is that for people to say jordan had no competition fu*k outta here jordan k!lled both ends of the floors and hes not the greatest player to ever play because he could score... This guy won the defensive player award, and that was because he busted his a.ss every night and shutting down n*ggas like alex english, drexler, bryon russell, dominique, and some.. now for your ignorant a.ss to say he had no one to guard there was more than 3 dominant perimeter players back then
You're in high school and you're a fu*king retard. Enough said.

LOL @ the only people who want to win being Kobe and Lebron.
 9 years ago '08        #271
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 str8_akademiks said:
And I repeat

Quit wasting my time and learn how to fu*king read.
You've been saying the same illogical sh*t for the last 5 pages.
 str8_akademiks said:
1. Where did I say Jordan wasn't the greatest? I don't call anyone the greatest because I haven't seen every single fu*king person to play in the NBA and I don't have the audacity to suck a man's c*ck the way people like you do and follow the "in crowd". I don't have a person I call "the greatest", and that's the way it'll always be.
2/3. Stats - you're a fu*king idiot if you think FT% is a valid measure of a player's shooting efficiency. I repeat: YOU'RE A fu*kING IDIOT IF YOU THINK FT% IS A VALID MEASURE OF A PLAYER'S SHOOTING EFFICIENCY. Especially for a wing player who takes 3 pointers and goes to the free throw line a lot. I've beat this to death and if you can't understand it, I don't have anything else to say.
4. TS% is no more flawed than FG% in terms of measuring shooting efficiency.
5. What does this have to do with Michael Jordan?? Finish digesting the semen, go through the posts I've carefully laid out for you, and get back to me on that one. PER =/= shooting efficiency. TS% = shooting efficiency. Have you gotten that through that metal plated skull of yours?
6. Congratulations, you only made yourself look like an illiterate, inbred, stupid motherfu*ker who can't understand a word of English. And seriously, you're using sportscenter as a fu*king argument? The idiocy of the ESPN generation, ladies and gentlemen.
cmon man, you usually know a lot more than some of us on this board but saying % is invalid is pushing it. Especially for MJ, who shot over 50% his whole career while scoring over 30ppg. I think it's very relevant.
 9 years ago '08        #272
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 kidrockstylez said:
I aint read that big block of sh*t but that highlighted sentence proves you're a fu*king idiot period.

Please ban this lame
 9 years ago '06        #273
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
 philly337 said:
lol my bad i didn't look up wades stats just went by what u said and thought u had the rebound and a.ssists backward.....so let me rephrase

jordan had MOREEEEEE rebound then wade and could barely jump,3 less a.ssists,and 9 less points.If u think he couldn't grab those boards in todays league when he was snatchin sh*t with rodman,barkley,ewing,mourning,shaq,hakeem,robinso, and countless other u got problems....and my reply on his points stay the same
dude wat u dont understand is this is a different era zone defense is in play and u jus dont know wat would happen we jus dont know so jus respect the fact that

jordan is the greatest ever to play in the 90s

and kobe is the best player right now and the closest thing to jordan if not better

btw this n*ggas career aint even over same goes to wade
 9 years ago '04        #274
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 wepainters said:
cmon man, you usually know a lot more than some of us on this board but saying % is invalid is pushing it. Especially for MJ, who shot over 50% his whole career while scoring over 30ppg. I think it's very relevant.
That's because MJ was a slasher.
He wasn't a great shooter by any means, and if you were just to look at fg% some people would think that he was.
Kinda like Lebron James right now because of his higher fg% people are fooled into thinking his jumpshot is so much better than last year's.
 9 years ago '08        #275
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3446 3446
 teh truth said:
dude wat u dont understand is this is a different era zone defense is in play and u jus dont know wat would happen we jus dont know so jus respect the fact that

jordan is the greatest ever to play in the 90s

and kobe is the best player right now and the closest thing to jordan if not better

btw this n*ggas career aint even over same goes to wade
He's talking about when MJ was with the Wiz and Zone defense was in play during that time, and an old broken down MJ was still doin good.
 9 years ago '08        #276
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
That's because MJ was a slasher.
He wasn't a great shooter by any means, and if you were just to look at fg% some people would think that he was.
Kinda like Lebron James right now because of his higher fg% people are fooled into thinking his jumpshot is so much better than last year's.
You gotta be fu*king kidding me. MJ had a nice a.ss J. One of the best midrange jump shooters ever. Who the hell do you think Kobe stole that fade away from.
You must only count 3 pointers as jumpshots And MJ wasn't even a bad 3pt shooter. He just didn't take a lot of them. Any year in his career where he actually took three 3pt attempts per game he shot over 35% from there. Your man crush Kobe is at 34% for his career.
 9 years ago '04        #277
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 PEK said:
You gotta be fu*king kidding me. MJ had a nice a.ss J. One of the best midrange jump shooters ever. Who the hell do you think Kobe stole that fade away from.
You must only count 3 pointers as jumpshots And MJ wasn't even a bad 3pt shooter. He just didn't take a lot of them. Any year in his career where he actually took three 3pt attempts per game he shot over 35% from there. Your man crush Kobe is at 34% for his career.
When he shot his best from the field (pre 1st retirement), he didn't have a good & reliable jumper.
When he had a better jumper, his percentages went down because he took more jumpers.

But hey, at least you tried.
 9 years ago '08        #278
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
When he shot his best from the field (pre 1st retirement), he didn't have a good & reliable jumper.
When he had a better jumper, his percentages went down because he took more jumpers.

I aint even finna waste my time arguing this sh*t. MJ was a good jump shooter throughout his career and anyone who watched knows this.

And even tho I dont much stock in true shooting% but since you do, I will point out that MJ has a higher TS% than Kobe.:D

Last edited by PEK; 01-25-2009 at 08:07 AM..
 01-25-2009, 08:00 AM         #279
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 teh truth said:

This is the part that you n*ggas do to get responses from people...

How exactly is Kobe remotely close or better than Jordan?

Kobe's what 29? now.. When was the last time Kobe dunked it on somebody?
Jordan was 30+ giving Mutombo the finger like Not in my house... Theres already a decline in Kobe's game. When he was younger yea he could dunk on people.

Thats where Jordan already has one on Kobe. Jordan didnt talk sh*t, and then shoot a jumpshot. A Dunk means something. ESPECIALLY when your a guard. If you can shake your defender and then yam it on the center, and then tell both of them they cant guard you. It means something.

Before the dumb a.ss hecklers come in... "So now cause Kobe doesnt dunk on people hes not better than Mike GTFOH"

Lets go to meaningful games..

Lets take 2008 NBA Finals Game 6.

Heard of Wheres Waldo?
Wheres KOBE? he scored 30 points what the Kobe stans will say? Who gives a sh*t... Where was this Lockdown defense we always hear about? Wheres all this shut the other guy down? Where was the leadership on the floor? Where was KOBE?

Oh whats your defense?

Its a team game, and Kobe cant guard Ray Allen, Paul P, Rajon Rondo, and KG... Well he should have been more helpful to his team and guarded Paul P or Ray Allen instead of Rajon "I dont score cause i dont have to, not because your playing defense on me" Rondo.

Tell me when Mike gave up a 20 pt lead in the finals in a loss.
Tell me when Mike lost a finals clinching game by 39 pts.

Tell me how your suppose to be BETTER than Mike. Yet you lose a NBA Finals with the ONLY DOMINANT CENTER to play this ERA. How does it happen?

How are you better than Mike and you won rings from Aged out Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson & Eric Snow, and Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin?

Do you know who Mike Sent packing in the finals.. Clyde Drexler, Terry Porter, Jerome Kersey, Duckworth, Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, Worthy, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Jeff Hornacek, Byron Russell, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Detlef Schrempf (not to sure if he was still on the roster have to check my videos), Nate McMillan, Charles Barkley, KJ, Thunder Dan,

Most of these dudes are Hall of Famers, Most of these dudes are coaching, or announcers means they were good enough players to have careers after their ball playing days were up.

Lets talk jump shot. Mikes Mid-range J was almost automatic. Thats why game winners Mike got the ball. Double - Triple teamed MJ was gonna win the game. The only people on the court that thought they had a chance when it was a couple seconds on the clock and their team up 1 with Mike with the ball on the road. The only people that believed they had a chance were the fans courtside.. because the players on the court already knew Mike got the Ball we lost. Mikes fade-away flawless. What did Mikes mid-range jumpshot, post play mean? That now its no way in hell we going to stop this man.

Again how the fu*k do you come up with "BETTER" than mike sh*t?

When they played against each other. In Kobe's youth, and Mike slowly aging out the league. Mike dominated Kobe. Yes you can watch Early Lakers vs Bulls game. Kobe doesnt know what to do with Mike. He cant guard em, he couldnt get the double team to help, he couldnt do sh*t. Yes Kobe gave a Jordan on the Wizards 55 points. Big fu*king deal, Jordan was 38-39- maybe even 40. When that game was played... Are you fu*king Shocked a 24-25 year old put up 55 points on a 40 year old. If you are impressed by that your truly fu*king retarded.

I mean you can NEVER say KOBE is BETTER than MIKE.

Because its not one of them situations where your doing the "What If" sh*t.. Because there is no "What If" Kobe was in the league when Jordan was getting Rings. Not only was he in the league, he was just a little sh*t stain more than a Nobody, because he had potential.

Kobe is the 2nd best of his time...

Mike was the Best of his time....

Yes accomplishments mean alot...

so 5 MVPs to 1 says alot...
6 NBA Finals to 3 says alot...
All the scoring titles to what 1 maybe 2... Says alot Especially since Kobe got rid of the most dominant big man so he could start winning scoring titles.

Get fu*king serious..

Kobe right now is arguably the best...

Jordan was the best... and not because his competition was stiff... because like i said he was going up against Hall of Fame players and teams.
 9 years ago '04        #280
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 str8_akademiks said:

Lol... Wow you must be a genius or something... Let me get this straight when he shot the ball more than drive to the hole and get dunks and layups his percentage went down from the field... Wow i always thought a jumpshot was a higher percentage shot... Thank you for clearing that up... dumbass

Well Mr. College professor after he came back Jordan shot 48%, 49% and 46% at the ages 32-34... Those according to you are the years where he began to shoot more correct... So how was he able to still hit at almost a 50% clip?? Sumtin Kobe has never gotten close to ever... 46 is his highest... And to make ur statement even more stupid at 40 years old Jordan shot 445% from the field... we know he wasnt driving then and blowing by people...

But he still managed to shoot .009% less than Kobe's career %... And even the years he drove more often he had consecutive years of 50% and higher and a high of 53%... Lebron, Wade or whoever else you brought up who do the same have never even reached 50%

So in your own words I would say at least you tried but you didnt ur clearly a kobe sperm lover... Not a fan cuz fans see the game from more than just the nutsac of their team or favorite player... But you and these kobe stans fail to do that... Usually the common ground is your age but its cool... instead of lookn at stats and stuff u can just ask someone who actually lived in the era of the 90's and 00... And i dont mean at the age of 10 and younger

Last edited by dre03; 01-25-2009 at 08:23 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy