The Nortorious Movie - Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-18-2009, 04:04 PM         #61
Davida.b.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
oh yah, he was also a wifebeater... did the movie get into that???
He goes ape sh*t on Faith & Kim, but doesn't really hit them in the movie.
 9 years ago '04        #62
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 ferrari f-50 said:
lol @ the movie flopping.. WOW!

wait... it was only in 1,638 theatres? it would have came in second if was in about 1300 more theatres.
No, it would not have. That's not exactly how movie economics works. Notorious did in fact play in every major city in the country. If it would have been playing on more screens... let's say as many as Gran Torino, it would have had posted an even higher opening Friday and took an even bigger drop on Saturday. During this time of year, movies see an increase in business on Saturday and a decline on Sunday. Notorious declined 9.6% on Saturday and another 26.7% on Sunday. Usually if a movie declines in ticket sales on the second day its first weekend, that means it will make the large majority of its money opening weekend.

And btw, Paul Blart had a 34% increase on Saturday and Gran Torino had a 58% increase on Saturday.

It's possible when the actual numbers are in tomorrow it could move up to number 2 or 3, but that's doubtful. Fox tends to turn in high estimates, where WB tends to turn in lower estimates.
 01-18-2009, 04:31 PM         #63
ferrari f-50  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jfamis said:
no, it would not have. That's not exactly how movie economics works. Notorious did in fact play in every major city in the country. If it would have been playing on more screens... Let's say as many as gran torino, it would have had posted an even higher opening friday and took an even bigger drop on saturday. During this time of year, movies see an increase in business on saturday and a decline on sunday. Notorious declined 9.6% on saturday and another 26.7% on sunday. Usually if a movie declines in ticket sales on the second day its first weekend, that means it will make the large majority of its money opening weekend.

And btw, paul blart had a 34% increase on saturday and gran torino had a 58% increase on saturday.

It's possible when the actual numbers are in tomorrow it could move up to number 2 or 3, but that's doubtful. Fox tends to turn in high estimates, where wb tends to turn in lower estimates.

shut your mouth!
 9 years ago '07        #64
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 luda06 said:
They kinda sh*tted on Pac. Dude didn't act like him enough to convince me, or even go into their relationship that much. Pac just popped up in a few scenes, then gets shot, now there's beef. What?

they made pac look like a sissy in this movie.
 9 years ago '06        #65
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
 Dopeskill said:
movie kinda sucked. there's no point to it. he's a nerdy little kid, sells drugs, gets big in hip-hop and dies. they didn't really show how much people were effected by him except with them driving his casket through brooklyn. and they had WAY too much concert footage from the actors. the bad acting in this movie made all those scenes k!ll everything completely
What did you think the movie was going to be about? They told his story real quick and fit it in a movie. What did you want them to portray him as Scarface or something, come on man.
 9 years ago '04        #66
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 ferrari f-50 said:
shut your mouth!
Sorry to rain on your parade. Notorious is only a moderate hit, but definitely not a flop. Unless it has a 60%+ drop next weekend (which it's very possible), it could end around the $70M mark at the box office.
 9 years ago '07        #67
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4418 4418
Biggie >>> Pac

...but about 4-5 rappers above Big.
 9 years ago '06        #68
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
^
lol @ that joke.
 01-18-2009, 08:21 PM         #69
vinkrillzz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the movie was dope gravy did a good job....
 9 years ago '04        #70
azzhole 
space
space
$154 | Props total: 30 30
 Dopeskill said:
movie kinda sucked. there's no point to it. he's a nerdy little kid, sells drugs, gets big in hip-hop and dies. they didn't really show how much people were effected by him except with them driving his casket through brooklyn. and they had WAY too much concert footage from the actors. the bad acting in this movie made all those scenes k!ll everything completely

i agree homie, the actors werent bad, but they werent good either, they didnt play the parts to full potential which made the movie kinda corny
 9 years ago '07        #71
itsyaboydub 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,038 | Props total: 0 0
Movie was excellent yall. fu*k what a lot of these morons are saying on here go see it, make up your own mind. and to me it's definitely worth $8-10 for a ticket.
 9 years ago '07        #72
Lamrock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 16 16
i'l have to wait for the dvd it aint out in the uk
 01-19-2009, 08:50 AM         #73
allstar32  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who was the chick that played Faith?
 9 years ago '04        #74
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
sh*t was straight to me. As a huge Biggie fan, I was feelin a lot of scenes. Especially that scene in Sacremento when he performed "Who Shot ya" Overall it was a good flick, I might go see it again. Def better than that 8 miles sh*t that I know all you white boys ran out to go support.
 9 years ago '05        #75
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
so wait who is gonna play Gravy if he gets a movie about his life
 01-19-2009, 11:28 AM         #76
itsAllister!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first gif ever
of the movie notorious

Last edited by Wasted; 01-19-2009 at 06:47 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #77
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119
 itsAllister! said:
first gif ever
of the movie notorious
yo, that sh*t was random, i thought they was gon end up in a restaurant lmao

Last edited by Wasted; 01-19-2009 at 06:47 PM..
 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM         #78
itsAllister!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
same

gravy: you wanna get something to eat?

Natori: smiles

*BAM INSTANT s3x SCENE
 9 years ago '07        #79
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4418 4418
 waytoomuch said:
^
lol @ that joke.
@ you thinking that was a joke.

Best 25 Rappers/MC's in order:

Rakim
KRS-One
Big Daddy Kane
Nas
The Notorious B.I.G.
Jay-Z
2Pac
Kool G Rap
Ice Cube
Scarface
Chuck D
Slick Rick
Eminem
Redman
Andre3000
GZA
Black Thought
Big L
Pharoahe Monch
Masta Ace
Mos Def
Ghostface k!llah
Common
Talib Kweli
AZ
 01-19-2009, 12:42 PM         #80
GrilledCheese  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
Check his interviews, he's always looked like that.
No...he didn't.
Big was mad intelligent.
His family wasn't poor at all, he always had food on the table, always got gifts at christmas, and attended private school in his younger years.
And that's all from his mothers mouth, while she was showing pictures to prove it.
And how can anyone think he was dumb? Did you ever actually listen to some of the vocab he would use in rhymes?
I think it was more Gravy's rookie acting...or just the fact that Gravy's dumb himself.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy