NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-01-2009, 01:51 PM         #141
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ABSOLUTE STYLE said:
look the constant got all 10s and an 11 which episode was that
The Constant was last season when Desmond was slipping out of consciousness from the freighter to when he was in the Queen's army. At the end of the episode he called been on Christmas Eve.
 9 years ago '08        #142
TheHighLife 
space
space
$335 | Props total: 54 54
 Welsh! said:
I cant see the ending being a good ending in all honesty...to me I feel it will be dissapointing.

episode was decent, I can't stand Farraday though, plus did anyone else not get annoyed by watching that blonde chick in this episode talk? the bi*ch wouldn't move her mouth, she was like a damn ventriloquist.

hahaha that blonde chick was pissing me off too with the way she was talking but it was all good cause she was a smoking HOT little blonde chick.. whats her real name anyone??
 02-01-2009, 04:41 PM         #143
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Because “Cabin Fever” featured Richard as a prominent flashback character, we added a bit more to our knowledge of the Hostiles, and I thought it might be useful to reiterate what we’ve learned about them. This is particularly true since they seem to be one of the key elements in the show. In this context I use “Hostiles” to mean the pre-DHARMA inhabitants of the island; some of the Others recruited by Ben – Juliet in particular – seem not to have absorbed the full ethos of the Hostiles.

1. The Hostiles were not confined to the island prior to DHARMA. Previously many had believed the Hostiles only began to leave the island after they acquired DHARMA resources following the Purge. We now know that Richard at least was off the island more than once before DHARMA was created. The Hostiles didn’t await their chosen one but went looking for him instead. “Mittelos Laboratories” – obviously the forerunner to the “Mittelos Bioscience” that recruited Juliet – existed before DHARMA. This last fact, by the way, suggests that the Hostiles had an actual presence off the island, as opposed to the flashbacks being explained by a time-traveling Richard. On a related note, Richard was a well dressed man in the flashbacks, suggesting that the Hostiles appeared in torn and dirty clothes during the DHARMA days by choice rather than necessity. Perhaps this was a deception similar to the one perpetrated later by the Others on the survivors of 815.

2. The Hostiles have strong “religious” beliefs and a particular moral code. The Hostiles apparently have strong religious or quasi-religious beliefs that are readily accepted by new recruits such as Cindy – this may be the result of brainwashing or the influence of the island. In general these beliefs seem to have a strong flavor of “eastern” religions, though it’s doubtful that the Hostiles are literally Buddhists or Hindus. Most likely they are something akin to theosophists or a similar “synthetic” religion. The moral code of the Hostiles emphasizes several things: keeping one’s word, an eye for an eye, protection (and recruitment) of the innocent, and division of people into “good” and “bad.” Good people are recruited, bad people are generally ignored if possible. The Hostiles have an unusual belief system in a very unusual environment and it would be a mistake to a.ssume their ideas of “good,” “bad,” and “innocent” necessarily correspond to those of known major belief systems. Finally it should be noted the Hostiles are engaged in some kind of unspecified “important work” that is more crucial than mere fertility problems.

3. The native Hostiles eventually resisted the DHARMA presence on the island. DHARMA considered the Hostiles to be “natives,” but they don’t resemble the indigenous peoples of the Pacific. None of the Hostiles have seemed to be Polynesians or Melanesians; on the contrary they appear to be of European and African ethnicity. This strongly suggests the Hostiles, or their ancestors, only came to the island in the last few centuries (assuming they arrived by ship – if they came to the island via portals, for example, they may have arrived earlier). Other factors – such as the vaguely nineteenth century look of the Hostile’s “grubby” clothes, the nineteenth century clothes and technology favored by Jacob, and the compass and vial of what seemed to be spices, not to mention the mere presence of a sailing ship in the middle of the island – seem to link the Hostiles to the Black Rock somehow. (The most economical theory is that the original Hostiles were the crew of the Black Rock, stranded when the “moving” island appeared beneath their ship. Over the years their numbers were maintained by other castaways, recruits from the outside world, and by the fact that some Hostiles like Richard appear not to age. This is just one theory however.) In any event, the Hostiles eventually destroyed the DHARMA Initiative after a struggle lasting circa 1980-1992. We must a.ssume the Hostiles did this either because they disagreed with DHARMA’s agenda, or because DHARMA was interfering with their “important work.”

4. The leader of the Hostiles is a paranormal entity. Whether Jacob is a ghost, a computer, or the island personified, he is clearly not just a hermit that lives in a cabin. Jacob seems to have a variety of paranormal abilities, such as clairvoyance and telekinesis (and perhaps others). On the other hand, he seems to be unable to communicate with, or even be seen by, anyone who is not “special.” (Could Walt see him? Did he in fact see Jacob at some point?) Also, it appears that some people can only hear Jacob, some can only see him, and some see an intermediary such as Christian Shepherd instead. Jacob also gives the impression of being trapped, unhappy, and maybe even suffering. If Jacob is “the island,” perhaps this reflects what DHARMA did to it. Clearly the Hostiles put great, even extreme, value on Jacob and are always on the lookout for someone who can communicate with him. There are other paranormal aspects to the Hostiles as well: Richard at least doesn’t appear to age, and the whispers seem to be a.ssociated with the Hostiles somehow.

Important unanswered questions about the Hostiles:
- What is their origin?
- What is their “important” work?
- Why do they abduct people?
- Who or what is Jacob?
- How do the Hostiles come and go from the island?
- Why did they destroy DHARMA?
- What is their relationship to the smoke monster?
 9 years ago '06        #144
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 DHARMA said:
Because “Cabin Fever” featured Richard as a prominent flashback character, we added a bit more to our knowledge of the Hostiles, and I thought it might be useful to reiterate what we’ve learned about them. This is particularly true since they seem to be one of the key elements in the show. In this context I use “Hostiles” to mean the pre-DHARMA inhabitants of the island; some of the Others recruited by Ben – Juliet in particular – seem not to have absorbed the full ethos of the Hostiles.

1. The Hostiles were not confined to the island prior to DHARMA. Previously many had believed the Hostiles only began to leave the island after they acquired DHARMA resources following the Purge. We now know that Richard at least was off the island more than once before DHARMA was created. The Hostiles didn’t await their chosen one but went looking for him instead. “Mittelos Laboratories” – obviously the forerunner to the “Mittelos Bioscience” that recruited Juliet – existed before DHARMA. This last fact, by the way, suggests that the Hostiles had an actual presence off the island, as opposed to the flashbacks being explained by a time-traveling Richard. On a related note, Richard was a well dressed man in the flashbacks, suggesting that the Hostiles appeared in torn and dirty clothes during the DHARMA days by choice rather than necessity. Perhaps this was a deception similar to the one perpetrated later by the Others on the survivors of 815.

2. The Hostiles have strong “religious” beliefs and a particular moral code. The Hostiles apparently have strong religious or quasi-religious beliefs that are readily accepted by new recruits such as Cindy – this may be the result of brainwashing or the influence of the island. In general these beliefs seem to have a strong flavor of “eastern” religions, though it’s doubtful that the Hostiles are literally Buddhists or Hindus. Most likely they are something akin to theosophists or a similar “synthetic” religion. The moral code of the Hostiles emphasizes several things: keeping one’s word, an eye for an eye, protection (and recruitment) of the innocent, and division of people into “good” and “bad.” Good people are recruited, bad people are generally ignored if possible. The Hostiles have an unusual belief system in a very unusual environment and it would be a mistake to a.ssume their ideas of “good,” “bad,” and “innocent” necessarily correspond to those of known major belief systems. Finally it should be noted the Hostiles are engaged in some kind of unspecified “important work” that is more crucial than mere fertility problems.

3. The native Hostiles eventually resisted the DHARMA presence on the island. DHARMA considered the Hostiles to be “natives,” but they don’t resemble the indigenous peoples of the Pacific. None of the Hostiles have seemed to be Polynesians or Melanesians; on the contrary they appear to be of European and African ethnicity. This strongly suggests the Hostiles, or their ancestors, only came to the island in the last few centuries (assuming they arrived by ship – if they came to the island via portals, for example, they may have arrived earlier). Other factors – such as the vaguely nineteenth century look of the Hostile’s “grubby” clothes, the nineteenth century clothes and technology favored by Jacob, and the compass and vial of what seemed to be spices, not to mention the mere presence of a sailing ship in the middle of the island – seem to link the Hostiles to the Black Rock somehow. (The most economical theory is that the original Hostiles were the crew of the Black Rock, stranded when the “moving” island appeared beneath their ship. Over the years their numbers were maintained by other castaways, recruits from the outside world, and by the fact that some Hostiles like Richard appear not to age. This is just one theory however.) In any event, the Hostiles eventually destroyed the DHARMA Initiative after a struggle lasting circa 1980-1992. We must a.ssume the Hostiles did this either because they disagreed with DHARMA’s agenda, or because DHARMA was interfering with their “important work.”

4. The leader of the Hostiles is a paranormal entity. Whether Jacob is a ghost, a computer, or the island personified, he is clearly not just a hermit that lives in a cabin. Jacob seems to have a variety of paranormal abilities, such as clairvoyance and telekinesis (and perhaps others). On the other hand, he seems to be unable to communicate with, or even be seen by, anyone who is not “special.” (Could Walt see him? Did he in fact see Jacob at some point?) Also, it appears that some people can only hear Jacob, some can only see him, and some see an intermediary such as Christian Shepherd instead. Jacob also gives the impression of being trapped, unhappy, and maybe even suffering. If Jacob is “the island,” perhaps this reflects what DHARMA did to it. Clearly the Hostiles put great, even extreme, value on Jacob and are always on the lookout for someone who can communicate with him. There are other paranormal aspects to the Hostiles as well: Richard at least doesn’t appear to age, and the whispers seem to be a.ssociated with the Hostiles somehow.

Important unanswered questions about the Hostiles:
- What is their origin?
- What is their “important” work?
- Why do they abduct people?
- Who or what is Jacob?
- How do the Hostiles come and go from the island?
- Why did they destroy DHARMA?
- What is their relationship to the smoke monster?

Nice post. I also want to know more about the 4 toed statue.
 02-01-2009, 06:06 PM         #145
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here's another interesting point about the meeting between little boy Locke and Richard....

Richard is trying to determine whether or not Locke is "ready".
But Richard seems to already accept that Locke is the person he is looking for. It wasn't a test to see if Locke was who Richard thought he was. It was a test to see if he was ready.

More specifically, it seemed to be a test of whether or not Locke was aware of who he was, why he was special, and whether or not he has already accepted his destiny to be that person.

It would have been easy for Richard to just take Locke, and tell him what he needed to know..."Hey kid, you want the sand and the compass, ok? No knives!!!". But that wasn't enough.

So why the change of heart by the hostiles later in life? When 815 crashed, does anyone think Locke would then have passed Richard's test? I don't think so. Locke didn't seem any more ready at that point then when was a boy. I think Locke is now full aware of who he is, but that's because the island has shown him. Why couldn't it show him 40 years earlier?
 02-01-2009, 08:14 PM         #146
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #147
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
:wow:^^fu*kING AMAZING:applause::applause::applause:
 9 years ago '07        #148
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,668 | Props total: 4418 4418
 RicFlair said:

[pic - click to view]

:agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6:
 9 years ago '07        #149
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,668 | Props total: 4418 4418
Favorite Lines from Jughead

locke: Who are these people?
Sawyer: Well, gee, i didn't have time to ask that, with frogurt on fire and all.
(after the group is captured and thrown into the others' tent)
miles: We are so dead.
Faraday: Hey. No, no, no. We are not so dead. We're gonna be fine. We just need to keep it together until there's another flash. All right? Then all this disappears.
Charlotte: And when's that gonna happen?
Faraday: Could be five minutes. Could also be 5,000 years.
Miles: That's--that's just awesome.
sawyer: So who taught you latin?
Juliet: Others 101. Gotta learn latin--language of the enlightened.
Sawyer: Enlightened, my a.ss.
cunningham: The rest of your people are either captured or dead.
Sawyer: What? What makes you say that?
Jones: That idiot shouted out, "meet at the creek." we knew exactly where they were going. We sent a group after them.
Sawyer: Well, maybe i should've said it in my secret language.
richard: H--how did you escape?
Jones/widmore: I ran.
Richard: And it never occurred to you that they might follow you?
Jones/widmore: Follow me? Their leader is some sodding old man. What, you think he can track me? You think he knows this island better than i do?
sawyer: I hate to bust up the "i'm an other, you're an other" reunion, but faraday--the guy that's actually gonna save us--is being death-marched into the jungle right now.
Locke: Good luck with that.
sawyer (to juliet, after locke leaves): What about you? You wanna stay here in crazytown or help me rescue the geek?
(richard approaches from one of the tents.)
locke: (sighs) my name is john locke.
Richard: Is that supposed to mean something to me?
Locke: Jacob sent me.
(the two stare at each other for several moments.)
richard (to jones):put the gun down.
Jones: What? Richard, you can't seriously trust him.
(richard walks over to jones and slaps the rifle down.)
richard: I said... Put the gun down, widmore.
Locke (to jones): Your name is widmore? Charles widmore?
Widmore: What's it to you?
Locke (smiling): Nothing. Nice to meet you.
 9 years ago '04        #150
shookid 
space
space
space
$1,581 | Props total: 0 0
one thing that will prob be explained soon is the conversation Ben had with Kate on the beach when she was locked up Sawyer. Maybe that will play a role as to Kate comin back.
 9 years ago '06        #151
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 irhabi007 said:
Favorite Lines from Jughead
I also liked when Sawyer said "You told her?!?" to Faraday when (Mrs Hawking possibly) said "Are they from the future, too?"

and another one I lol'd at was at the end when Faraday was running to Charlotte asking if she was alright, and Miles says "I'm OK, too. I'm fine" (or whatever it was)

I'm starting to like Miles' character.
 02-02-2009, 05:36 PM         #152
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tthe island wanted Locke all along, but he wasn't ready so it "settled" for Ben. I can think of several reasons the island is willing to accept Locke now even though he still appears angry, impatient, and unready:

* Locke was miraculously healed by the island. That sign of favor probably is the strongest reason.

* Ben is failing as a leader. The island afflicted him with cancer and most of his decisions of late have led to disaster.

* The island is desperate. Without effective leadership from Ben, the island will surely fall unless someone takes his place. The island is willing to accept Locke even though he is still only half-baked. This is sure to have consequences that will become clear over the last two seasons.

* It's purely speculative, but perhaps the recruitment of so many outsiders has led the original "religion" or ideology of the Hostiles to become diluted. Things like the object test may not be taken so seriously anymore, especially in such a desperate situation.

Of those reasons, I think Locke's miraculous healing is probably the most important.
 9 years ago '06        #153
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
Countdown begins. 7 hours.
 9 years ago '04        #154
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
cant wait...

but i wait until i come here to see what yall are saying because otherwise spoiler central
 9 years ago '06        #155
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 02-04-2009, 09:02 PM         #156
KRiSH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OMFG

epic!! these episodes just get better and better

by far the best season since the first!
 9 years ago '08        #157
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
This episode was ehhhh.

It started getting a little confusing but all in all, it was ok.

That sh*t that goes on in the city is taking away the good stuff going on in the Island.
 9 years ago '04        #158
apfam77 
space
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 206 206
pretty good episode. im convinced miles is marvin candle's son the baby we saw in the first episode.
 9 years ago '06        #159
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 apfam77 said:
pretty good episode. im convinced miles is marvin candle's son the baby we saw in the first episode.
co-sign.
 02-05-2009, 08:56 AM         #160
iamcrackmusik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:

[pic - click to view]

I thought I was the only 1 that saw that on Conan O Brien

she was talkin about bras and the audience went crazy when she did that outta nowhere....Conan was about 2 pass out in his fu*kin chair too
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy