LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1141
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
LOL Jacob was so weakly.
 9 years ago '05        #1142
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
So what does lay in the shadow of the statue? Anyone care to translate what was said?
 05-14-2009, 09:24 AM         #1143
mansoor_warrior 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shookid said:
i think jacob knew what he was doing or saying for that matter when he answered ben with " what about you"? Jacob had to know that that would set Ben off and give him the strength and anger to k!ll jacob. im sure jacob has a card up his sleeve. there is no way that we get introduced to this man for one episode after hearing about him for 5 seasons and all of a sudden he wont appear anymore. i think there is more of Jacob to be seen and felt. and i also think that the nuke Jack threw down the hole is the incident. poor ol jack will never learn.
Well if we are correct in saying Lost has biblical themes to it, then it might be a scenario like you see in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, where the Lion (akin to Jesus), willingly sacrifices itself and is remade after death for having done so, so Ben might just be like the Witch
 9 years ago '06        #1144
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 Truth33 said:
So what does lay in the shadow of the statue? Anyone care to translate what was said?
According to lost-forum.com

"Our leader. He who will save us all"
 9 years ago '06        #1145
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 modalee81 said:
Its Jacks eye and it seems to be like Season 1 as shown in this gif of both shots.

[pic - click to view]

edit. after looking at it more clearly, I think you are right that it's Jack's eye.

Last edited by -Phase One-; 05-14-2009 at 09:53 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #1146
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
yol... Lost... was f**kin awesome;... too bad its going into its last season.....
 9 years ago '05        #1147
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1689 1689
Great finale. I'm not going to type everything out but damn, new questions were definitely raised in this finale. Not enough of the old questions were answered, but I guess they'll have to do for now. Who knew Locke was truly dead? I started believing that after a few episodes the Locke we saw on screen walking around was actually the Locke we were familiar with. Obviously not.

So the questions are these:

- Is Jacob really dead? I sure as hell hope not, because we were just introduced to the guy.
- Is Locke really dead? Terry O'Quinn will probably still play a prominent role of the show, but for real, if Locke is dead and Terry's just playing Jacob's enemy I'll get really pissed.

- What's dead is dead? Whatever happened, happen? Is this still all true?
- Why did Jacob's enemy want to k!ll Jacob?
- What about Eloise and Widmore, what part do they play in all this?

Can't believe we have to wait til next year. smh.
 9 years ago '07        #1148
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
"ille qui nos omnis servabit"
 9 years ago '07        #1149
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
Idk. I just still don't understand why Jacob just died so easily. no struggle, no f!ght, he didn't even explain himself; he just stood there. If whoever is controlling Locke couldn't k!ll him, then why did he kick him into the fire while he was still alive?

And Jacob had something to do with Sayid's wife dying? or did he just save Sayid?
 9 years ago '05        #1150
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4900 4900
 Eddie.. said:
Idk. I just still don't understand why Jacob just died so easily. no struggle, no f!ght, he didn't even explain himself; he just stood there. If whoever is controlling Locke couldn't k!ll him, then why did he kick him into the fire while he was still alive?

And Jacob had something to do with Sayid's wife dying? or did he just save Sayid?
I think he just saved Sayid. The question is why didn't he help Nadia. We can guess that its what was needed to push Sayid over the top to set in motion the events that would eventually lead him back to the island.

And the kicking into the fire thing is probably the reasoning they will use to bring Jacob back. He was definitely still alive when Locke kicked him into the fire to 'finish' him off. Like many have said here....they are not just gonna k!ll him off after 1 episode.

Last edited by iggyemu; 05-14-2009 at 11:50 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #1151
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 iggyemu said:
I think he just saved Sayid. The question is why didn't he help Nadia. We can guess that its what was needed to push Sayid over the top to set in motion the events that would eventually lead him back to the island.

And the kicking into the fire thing is probably the reasoning they will use to bring Jacob back. He was definitely still alive when Locke kicked him into the fire to 'finish' him off. Like many have said here....they are not just gonna k!ll him off after 1 episode.
i agree, to have us wondering about him for 5 seasons then to only have him appear in 2 episodes? seems weak as f**k...

but ya i wanna know how charles widmore plays into this whole thing. obv hes working with the guy in t he opening scene and ilana is workign for jacob.. this is the war charles was talking about. so has he always been evil? cuz this struggle between jacob and that dude has been going on for a very long time
 05-14-2009, 11:56 AM         #1152
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Since everybody likes theorizing with Lost, I'd suggest reading doc Jensons column on EW.com, he does all the theorizing for you and he catches tons of the references the show makes.

Here's a few:
BERNARD AND ROSE I’m going to call it: They’re the Adam and Eve skeletons.

Jacob: Because despite his sensitive, soothing demeanor, I find myself nagged by the prospect that Jacob could be playing with the dark pieces in this cosmic game. The final moments of the opening sequence may have offered a clue that Jacob is more charismatic Lucifer Morningstar than feel-good s3xy Jesus. As Loophole McNameless walked away, head full of hate and schemes, the camera tilted up and we got a full-scale profile shot of the Statue, which was still intact in the 19th century. The mug on the edifice sure didn't look like a jackal to me, thus ruling out the Egyptian God Anubis, protector of the dead. No, that face looked like a crocodile, which gets you Sobek, a morally ambiguous dark god who oversees dark waters and preys on sinful souls in the afterlife. (Very Smokey.) Even worse, Set, the Egyptian god of chaos and evil, was a shapeshifter who often morphed into crocodiles and hippos (another candidate for Four Toed's face) in his clashes with archenemy Horus. Set was linked to infertility (seems Horus once ripped off Set's testicles) (serious!) (and ouch!) and was partial to fish and lettuce. Hey...didn't we see Jacob munching on a filet-o-fish lettuce wrap last night? And aren't devilish gods all for the concept of choice and free will?

If these mythological readings are correct, then we must wonder: What's a seemingly nice guy like Jacob doing on an Island like this? And why the hell is he living in a statue like that? A Christ-like figure dwelling within a statue that's a monument to evil makes for a nifty metaphor for redemption. But it could mean Jacob is the devil. Time will tell.

The Lost producers have always likened their saga to a cosmic clash between good and evil akin to Stephen King's The Stand or his time loop fantasy opus, The Dark Tower. And since the very beginning, we've been given hints, such as in the pilot, when Locke taught Walt the rules of backgammon. ''Two players. Two sides. One is light, one is dark.'' The opening sequence officially activated this Big Idea. We now we see that the entire Lost saga is contextualized by a centuries-spanning conflict — or maybe just a game — between two beings, enchanted and long-lived but not necessarily immortal. On one side, there is Jacob. On the other side, there is...well, he didn't drop a name. I know what you're saying, especially those who know your Bible: ''Esau.'' The ruddy, hairy older twin who got tricked out of his birthright by brother Jacob. The problem with this comparison is that Jacob and Esau ultimately forgave each other. I didn't get sense that that kind grace and détente are possible for Lost's Jacob and...whomever. So who are these guys? Jesus and Satan? Set and Horus? Roland Deschaine and Randall Flagg? Yep: We'll be excavating and debating for months.

It's 7 pages long, but a very good read for those that like the theorize
 9 years ago '04        #1153
shookid 
space
space
space
$1,581 | Props total: 0 0
Jacobs list are gonna be the people who help win "the war". I believe he touched everyone he went to see last night in the flashbacks and that has to mean something. As others have said you have to consider what role Eloise and Charles play in this game now. The final season seems like it will be fake locke vs jacobs crew. Will ben tell Richard that locke is not really locke? With richard being so close to jacob does that make him next? Christian seems to be working for the dark side but why use him to speak to locke? they had no prior connections before, what would make locke believe and listen to christian of all people?
 9 years ago '04        #1154
7milestunna1 
space
space
$570 | Props total: 0 0
you guys can check out darkufo.blogspot.com they have all the LOST info you'll need i been going to that site for a few years now.....
 9 years ago '05        #1155
Schavez98 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,361 | Props total: 1265 1265
Ok I mentioned it earlier, but did anyone else on the west coast experience a 15-20 second blackout while Ben and Jacob were talking. I have Dish Network. I was like wtf?
 9 years ago '05        #1156
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7100 7100
 9 years ago '07        #1157
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 shookid said:
Jacobs list are gonna be the people who help win "the war". I believe he touched everyone he went to see last night in the flashbacks and that has to mean something. As others have said you have to consider what role Eloise and Charles play in this game now. The final season seems like it will be fake locke vs jacobs crew. Will ben tell Richard that locke is not really locke? With richard being so close to jacob does that make him next? Christian seems to be working for the dark side but why use him to speak to locke? they had no prior connections before, what would make locke believe and listen to christian of all people?
maybe the other way around? Richard already knows. Locke and Christian right now are the same person. The real Locke listened to Christian but now the real Locke is really dead.
 9 years ago '05        #1158
Mannish-Yay 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,193 | Props total: 2474 2474
Whats the significance to Science,Religion and Mythology this show seems to keep addressing?
 9 years ago '04        #1159
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4302 4302
s**ts crazy.... juilets dead... expected that but didnt expect it to be like that... sawyer is gona be dark as f**k next season...i think next season is gona be intense...
 9 years ago '05        #1160
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 Propel Water said:
s**ts crazy.... juilets dead... expected that but didnt expect it to be like that... sawyer is gona be dark as f**k next season...i think next season is gona be intense...
i dont think shes dead.. wudnt make sense.. if the bomb k!lled her it would have k!lled everyone that was around.. i think they just flashed to 2007 with the rest of the group
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
77 comments
2 days ago