LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #1121
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
Well, we've seen all this happen before in the Matrix Trilogy

Basically its a war between Jacob and Smokey pertaining to Humans.
 9 years ago '06        #1122
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2310 2310
This was the single greatest television episode of all time nothing comes close. I dont even know where the show is going to go now.
 9 years ago '06        #1123
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
The statue was not Anubis it was Sobek because the head was not of a Jackyl but of an Alligator

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '08        #1124
KarteL13 
space
space
space
To expand on the Matrix comparison:

Smokey vs. Jacob = The architect vs. The oracle

Locke = Neo
 9 years ago '05        #1125
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
hmm looks like it all goes b ack to when l ocke was playing that game with walt..
two sides.. dark and light he says
guess jacob is the light and that dude is the dark...

heres my question.. if that guy in the opening scene did infact take the form of locke, wudnt he know where jacob lives? like evil-locke seemed pretty surprised when they arrived at the foot...

Last edited by jay964; 05-14-2009 at 01:31 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #1126
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 KarteL13 said:
To expand on the Matrix comparison:

Smokey vs. Jacob = The architect vs. The oracle

Locke = Neo
Yes the comparisons are there BUT they are both based on Biblical stories/mythology as said numerous times by the Lost producers and the Wachowski brothers.
 9 years ago '08        #1127
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 modalee81 said:
Yes the comparisons are there BUT they are both based on Biblical stories/mythology as said numerous times by the Lost producers and the Wachowski brothers.
exactly. But the matrix trilogy has already paved the way. Lost is just adding their own flavor.
 9 years ago '06        #1128
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 KarteL13 said:
exactly. But the matrix trilogy has already paved the way. Lost is just adding their own flavor.
and I love both Lost version and The Matrix trilogy.
 9 years ago '08        #1129
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 modalee81 said:
and I love both Lost version and The Matrix trilogy.
Likewise.

I think Lost is just fixing what went wrong with the Matrix.

I love the trilogy but it didn't spin well with a lot of people.
 9 years ago '04        #1130
apfam77 
space
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 205 205
does anybody realize that there was an ole school pirate lookin ship when jacob and said dude were speaking? who was on that ship i wonder? who is said dude and why is jacob living like ole mother hubberd. livin in a cot damn shoe.
 9 years ago '05        #1131
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4901 4901
Great, great finale. Can't wait until next season. Because I watched seasons 1-4 on DVD back to back I was able to see the story line for the end of this season coming since "The Constant". But the way it was executed was simply amazing. The Locke thing caught me off guard like I am sure it did everyone else. The bible comparison is interesting and done in a way like the Matrix was as many people have already pointed out.

I am not sure if that dude from the opening scene in the smoke monster or not but the proof to suggest he is is certainly there in terms of his ability to take the appearances of others.

Anyway I am sure this will be discussed for the next few weeks. Absolutely amazing season finale. Lost always delivers on that front. And I know Juliet isn't dead....definitely my favorite Lost lady.
 9 years ago '06        #1132
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
The Ship seen at the beginning of the ep was the Black Rock.

Also there isnt just biblical references, it is combined with Egyptian mythology as well.
 05-14-2009, 02:46 AM         #1133
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
The Ship seen at the beginning of the ep was the Black Rock.

Also there isnt just biblical references, it is combined with Egyptian mythology as well.
Yeah.. im interested in seeing the deal between jacob and the "man in the black suit" its obvious a good vs evil (white/black) thing, and has anyone figured out whats in the eye?

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #1134
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Its Jacks eye and it seems to be like Season 1 as shown in this gif of both shots.

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '08        #1135
KarteL13 
space
space
space
wait a minute, did I miss something at the end? I looked away after we saw the White "Lost" closing theme.

And did the bomb k!ll everyone at the site or just Juliet?
 05-14-2009, 03:03 AM         #1136
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Its Jacks eye and it seems to be like Season 1 as shown in this gif of both shots.

[pic - click to view]

maybe the bomb did go off and they end up crashing on the island again? im actually extremely hopeful that is the case because that means we see charlie again :applause:
 9 years ago '04        #1137
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,068 | Props total: 591 591
I dunno what to think of this episode. I'm completely mind-f**ked right now. That final scene was kinda hard to swallow (that's what she said), cuz there was just so much weird s**t that sorta made me SMH. Juliet took a deep, nasty fall. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that in a fall, your heart experiences such a rush that it goes into a shock, and you die before you even hit the ground. Granted that's probably not 100 percent proven, she did go all the way down, landing a looong distance. She should've been dead on impact. The bomb also should've exploded on impact, yet it didn't. But lovetaps from a weakened Juliet with a mud-clustered rock did the trick? I dunno, I'm just not buyin' that. I thought that was horribly executed.

But that complaint is small potatoes compared to the bigger picture of things that just unfolded. So many things have become evident now. Remember when Brahm talked to Miles about a war coming? I think this is it: Jacob vs. the guy who was against the Black Rock coming to the island. I think people are forgetting to mention Widmore's involvement in all of this and how Eloise somehow got mixed up into being on the team she was originally against those 30 years ago. How is it that Widmore is even on the evil guy's team?

Also, I think it's been quite clear that all this time, the evil guy has had the ability to take the form of dead people on the island. He was in the form of Christian to get Sun to believe in "Locke" and follow him. Why? I'm not exactly sure. He was also in the form of the Smoke Monster. He spared Ben's life in that pit while also changing into the form of Alex to manipulate Ben into doing his bidding.

Why do you think he let John Lock live those many seasons ago when Locke first met the monster? Because he knew he had to use Locke later on to find his "loophole". His time of death wasn't necessary then nor there.

Anyway, I guess Brahm was right when he told Miles that they were the good guys. They were the ones working for Jacob all this time, as was Iliana. I dunno who could've saw that coming. That was one of the questions I raised earlier in this thread: who were Iliana and Brahm working for? They were obviously on the same side, but now we see.

Also, think about the significance of Jacob giving all the Losties something in their past. He gave Sawyer that ballpoint pen, he bought Kate the lunchbox that she tried to steal, and he also gave Jack that candy bar. I think these things will play a significant role later on; expect the guitar case that Hurley has to play into it as well.

Anyway, I think all of those things that Jacob laid out will soon play a part in his resurrection. He can't die so quickly. Obviously the evil guy found a loophole in their rules, I'm pretty sure there's a loophole for Jacob to defy that loophole used. He was simply planting the seeds.

I dunno what the f**k kinda direction they're going to take season six, but it's going to be f**king mind-blowing. I'm pretty sure it's gonna revolve around this war. But there was definitely way more new questions brought forth and not enough of the old questions we've had has been answered. Usually, I'm okay with raising new questions to confuse and mind-rape the audience with; but you have to make sure that some of these long-running questions that have already been up in the air get their resolutions.

It was a great finale, no doubt; but meh, I really don't think it's one that I'd be claiming as one of the best of the series.
 05-14-2009, 05:07 AM         #1138
mansoor_warrior 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Personally, I think Miles was right when he said maybe setting off the nuke is the indicent. Just to add to the religious overtones people feel Lost posseses, Muslims believe that the anti-Christ is alive on an island right now, and is waiting for the pre-ordained moment for him to come to everyone's attention. In a story remarkably similar to Lost, some Arab sailords got washed up on an island and were directed to his cave where he was chained up and asked them questions about events that had occurred. You can find more about it on pages 43-44 of this book:

That evil dude/smoke monster and imposter is eerily similar to someone who will pretend to be a prophet
 9 years ago '04        #1139
shookid 
space
space
space
$1,581 | Props total: 0 0
i think jacob knew what he was doing or saying for that matter when he answered ben with " what about you"? Jacob had to know that that would set Ben off and give him the strength and anger to k!ll jacob. im sure jacob has a card up his sleeve. there is no way that we get introduced to this man for one episode after hearing about him for 5 seasons and all of a sudden he wont appear anymore. i think there is more of Jacob to be seen and felt. and i also think that the nuke Jack threw down the hole is the incident. poor ol jack will never learn.
 05-14-2009, 06:55 AM         #1140
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shookid said:
i think jacob knew what he was doing or saying for that matter when he answered ben with " what about you"? Jacob had to know that that would set Ben off and give him the strength and anger to k!ll jacob. im sure jacob has a card up his sleeve. there is no way that we get introduced to this man for one episode after hearing about him for 5 seasons and all of a sudden he wont appear anymore. i think there is more of Jacob to be seen and felt. and i also think that the nuke Jack threw down the hole is the incident. poor ol jack will never learn.
I was thinking the same thing.. You hear about him for 5 seasons, and the lone episode he is in, he gets k!lled... wtf?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
84 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
18 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy