LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #941
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 Reppindaburghh said:
^^^

No, theres a few episodes left.

So Fardays done.

Tonight wrapped up his life cycle.

Eloise always knew Faraday was going to die, she told him to go to the island in the present time because she knows whats done is done and it always had to happen like that.

Faraday tried to break the rules, the rules HE explained to us initially, and before he could do it he was k!lled.

It is clear now, what is done, IS DONE. There is no changing the past. Faraday tried, he died.

Everythings gonna pan out just as it was supposed to.

The last episode of this series is gonna be the original plane crashing on the island and then the series is gonna end, go black, Sopranos style.

If its anything other then that ending next season, then this show will be for nothing.

If they end it like that, it'll go down as one of the greatest shows of all time.

Anyway, i'm off to watch last nights episode of Fringe.

J.J Abrams>>>>>>
Everyone is going to die. One by one. And it will end with them crashing on the Island which will be one big cycle.
 9 years ago '05        #942
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,968 | Props total: 3225 3225
There's still a lot of questions left to be answered...I don't know why you guys are picking finale's and saying whats gonna be disappointing and s**t. Yes, this episode answered a lot, but there's still many things we have yet to understand obviously, or else there wouldn't be any more shows left.
 9 years ago '04        #943
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
amazing episode

i just loved faraday's story

and wow @ widmore being his father

i can't believe that was the ending

i hope daniel don't go out like that

he's that dude

Last edited by Young Hov; 04-30-2009 at 02:57 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #944
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,066 | Props total: 585 585
Great f**king episode. Faraday's parents must suck major a.ss to know that they were setting their son up for his death. Daniel figured it all out as he was dying too. f**king a*****es. Worst part was she steered Daniel in this direction ever since he was a young kid. What a horrible f**king mother she is.

That shoot-out scene was f**king awesome. I remember how Jack was originally my favorite when I first started watching this show; he almost reached that point again after blowing all that s**t up.

Sawyer and Juliet look to be a little f**ked there. That Radzinsky b***h is getting on my nerves with his spastic a.ss. I'm now kinda happy he blows his brains out later on in life.

I'm starting to think though that changing the past can present itself as quite a problem. Seemed like when Faraday tried, the powers that be corrected the problem and eliminated it. I get the feeling if Jack and company try, somehow some chain of events will occur and prevent Jack and whoever else is trying to help from changing the past. But werd, I'm happy to know free will still plays a factor in the equation, so I think the past can very well be changed successfully.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this season goes down in the end.
 9 years ago '07        #945
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
Was Daniel not looking like the craziest person ever last night though lmao. I was gettin worried for him, even though he died anyway. and I think Dr. Chang believes Miles is his son. He knows the time-traveling is possible, and in the next coupla hours whatever Daniel was saying is getting ready to come true, so Dr. Chang will believe it.

And illathruz, you seem like a cool dude but seriously can you unbuckle the seatbelt? the rides over. If I don't comment on something its because idk, and if I do know something I comment on it, and correct people when I can for their benefit.
 9 years ago '04        #946
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,066 | Props total: 585 585
 DHARMA said:
Un-Crashing 815 would be a very, very disappointing ending and, I'm not sure that TPTB would go there........but, then again......it's possible.

The bomb isn't going to go off. Locke and Sun will do what needs to be done to fix the time shift or whatever the appropriate term is, and they'll all go back to what should be there present 2008 or 2009 I don't remember.

If they ended up not crashing in the first place it would defeat Locke's purpose of being on the Island and would defeat the purpose of the Island itself. This show is about the Island, as well as the people.

There has to be a reason why these people are there.. And judging by the name of the season finale I don't think whatever Faraday wants them to do ends up happening.

I don't think the show will end with the plane crash never happening and thus the majority of LOST never happening. I say this because I still believe that Whatever Happened, Happened. Daniel may think he can change it because it is their present but he can't, because they are in the past and what happened, happened regardless if the LOSTIES are there or not.
Wish I didn't skip past this post, but that bold part explains it all. You may have free will and whatnot, but look at what Sayid's free will trying to change the past did. The powers-that-be ended up filling the hole by having Kate, Sawyer and Juliet help Ben get to the Others. Faraday wanted to try and change things, he wanted to make the H-bomb explode, the powers-that-be ended up getting his own mother to k!ll him. The past cannot be altered. What we've seen from the day Oceanic 815 crashed and so forth are all going to be there because the things of the past that we're seeing now are what shaped them. There's nothing they can do to prevent that plane from crashing. There is nothing they can do to prevent DHARMA from getting wiped out. Basically what happened has happened, and that can never change. And I feel like even if Jack and the rest of the Losties were to try and follow whatever is in Faraday's journal to change the past, the powers-that-be will make something occur to where the future/the Losties "real" present time is not altered.
 9 years ago '05        #947
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
 R-iZZy said:
Wish I didn't skip past this post, but that bold part explains it all. You may have free will and whatnot, but look at what Sayid's free will trying to change the past did. The powers-that-be ended up filling the hole by having Kate, Sawyer and Juliet help Ben get to the Others. Faraday wanted to try and change things, he wanted to make the H-bomb explode, the powers-that-be ended up getting his own mother to k!ll him. The past cannot be altered. What we've seen from the day Oceanic 815 crashed and so forth are all going to be there because the things of the past that we're seeing now are what shaped them. There's nothing they can do to prevent that plane from crashing. There is nothing they can do to prevent DHARMA from getting wiped out. Basically what happened has happened, and that can never change. And I feel like even if Jack and the rest of the Losties were to try and follow whatever is in Faraday's journal to change the past, the powers-that-be will make something occur to where the future/the Losties "real" present time is not altered.
I agree, but if this is to be the case then what we're basically doing is watching a TV show that's already predetermined. In the end, we'll know that what happens won't succeed. Whatever Jack, Kate and the other guys will do will only result in diverting the timeline, until it corrects itself one way or another.

But again, if Daniel was right, maybe they can change their destiny. Or somehow, try to change their destiny against the Island's will. It'll at least create a sense of tension, that they may still have a chance instead of doing something in vain that we, as the viewers, know won't work. Plus, if whatever happened happened, Faraday's death will equal to nothing. It probably has a significance.

Oh, and I don't think Faraday's dead anyway. If the Comic Con footage is canon, he should still be alive..Unless of course that isn't Faraday, sounds like him though
 9 years ago '06        #948
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
 Eddie.. said:
Was Daniel not looking like the craziest person ever last night though lmao. I was gettin worried for him, even though he died anyway. and I think Dr. Chang believes Miles is his son. He knows the time-traveling is possible, and in the next coupla hours whatever Daniel was saying is getting ready to come true, so Dr. Chang will believe it.

And illathruz, you seem like a cool dude but seriously can you unbuckle the seatbelt? the rides over. If I don't comment on something its because idk, and if I do know something I comment on it, and correct people when I can for their benefit.
unbuckled.

daniel was looking crazy last night. i also think chang believes that miles is his son. at this point, i do not believe that ellie thinks that daniel was her son. Its probably around the time that daniel is playing the piano as a child that she really believes that he is who he said he was.

i also think that widmore really disapproved of desmond. the fact that desmond proved himself by pushing the button for all that time changed how widmore saw him. at this point, we don't know if jack educates ellie who would educate widmore to the fact that a man called desmond pushed a button in a hatch for x years. if we did a.ssume that, we would be making 3 a.ssumptions at once. still, if we did a.ssume that, its possible widmore misinterpreted what desmond did and was outraged by him trying to contain the energy on the island. therefore, desmond would "never do anything great" in widmore's eyes.

i also don't think that the show will end with the plane crashing on the island because we still have to explain the mystery of jacob and the numbers still have to be changed. (I think Jack will end up changing the number 4 to 5).

my prediction is that somebody is going to steal desmond and penny's baby. i think that eloise was apologizing not for linus's gunshot but rather for how desmond would die in the future.
 04-30-2009, 09:34 AM         #949
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
Oh, and I don't think Faraday's dead anyway. If the Comic Con footage is canon, he should still be alive..Unless of course that isn't Faraday, sounds like him though
Recently TPTB said that the CC video was only semi-canon and was used as a preview of what's to come in season 5.

It is in of the Darlton interview:

"Damon: I think some people believe that they hear Faraday's voice in the Comic-Con experience. These events are sort of partially canon but more promotional than they are canon. Giving the audience a sneak peak as to what the season is about. "

I am disgusted by this. They could have easily incorporated the video into the canon of the show, but didn't. What a wasted opportunity.

I don't know, I'm no more let down by this than the Valenzetti (sp?) stuff from TLE 1, which has never come to light in the show. Doesn't matter much in the grand scheme. If you really dig the Comic-Con video, then just take it as something special that you saw, but that not every member of the fan-base saw. Like a bonus-scene just for the Internet or something.
 9 years ago '05        #950
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
 DHARMA said:
Recently TPTB said that the CC video was only semi-canon and was used as a preview of what's to come in season 5.

It is in of the Darlton interview:

"Damon: I think some people believe that they hear Faraday's voice in the Comic-Con experience. These events are sort of partially canon but more promotional than they are canon. Giving the audience a sneak peak as to what the season is about. "

I am disgusted by this. They could have easily incorporated the video into the canon of the show, but didn't. What a wasted opportunity.

I don't know, I'm no more let down by this than the Valenzetti (sp?) stuff from TLE 1, which has never come to light in the show. Doesn't matter much in the grand scheme. If you really dig the Comic-Con video, then just take it as something special that you saw, but that not every member of the fan-base saw. Like a bonus-scene just for the Internet or something.
True, they always pull this BS though. I don't know if you've played the Lost game or not, obviously it was supposed to be canon as they wrote it themselves and declared it canon. But after Season 5, they said it wasn't canon -- probably because they went in a different direction with the show and decided that they didn't want the story to take it in the direction that the game's writing did.

What the hell is semi-canon? So we're supposed to think it's part of the Lost universe, but it's not?

I'm not complaining, I just think the show needs airtight consistency for it to remain as the best TV show ever.
 04-30-2009, 09:47 AM         #951
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
The last episode of this series is gonna be the original plane crashing on the island and then the series is gonna end, go black, Sopranos style.

If its anything other then that ending next season, then this show will be for nothing.
 9 years ago '07        #952
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
Don't they play that special music when you die on Lost?

I didn't hear it this time around.

[video - click to view]

04-30-2009, 10:05 AM         #953
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 9 years ago '05        #954
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7083 7083
 Switchc2390 said:
There's still a lot of questions left to be answered...I don't know why you guys are picking finale's and saying whats gonna be disappointing and s**t. Yes, this episode answered a lot, but there's still many things we have yet to understand obviously, or else there wouldn't be any more shows left.
We were calling some of the s**t thats happening now 2 years ago. And we were right on some of it. So why not do the same thing now?

Its obvious where the shows headed. And I f**king love it.
 9 years ago '04        #955
youngmec 
space
space
$1,060 | Props total: 51 51
I still don't think Faraday is dead... s**t just doesn't make sense. Most of the season has been about him and time travel and etc. He became an integral part of the show, so the producers give him a crucial role, then k!ll him off?? s**t just doesn't make sense. He's suppose to have answers and s**t and he really doesn't explain s**t, then he's dead? Shot by his own mother???

Come on LOST......please start making some kind of sense.. What was his f**king gift??? How and why was he gifted? WTF did he actually do?? If he died like the timeline suggested or whatever, then he would've never been alive to begin with if u think about it and he would've been a figment of someone's imagination.

This is the only problem I have with LOST, no consistency.... WTF about Locke? WTF about Sun, Ben and the Pilot?
 04-30-2009, 02:10 PM         #956
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Last shot of the show, a wideshot of the entire cast from start to finish sitting on the beach with the plane wreck in the background eating mangoes and waving at the audience.........................cut to black.
 9 years ago '04        #957
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4284 4284
the show will not end with the plane never crashing....

they are supposed to be on the island for a reason. They styll dont realize that besides john and jack.

But i figure another character or two will get popped before the end of the season... im leaning toward hurley and juliette...

but its time for our crew to leave dharma and join the hostiles like their supposed too.
 9 years ago '05        #958
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,968 | Props total: 3225 3225
 Reppindaburghh said:
We were calling some of the s**t thats happening now 2 years ago. And we were right on some of it. So why not do the same thing now?

Its obvious where the shows headed. And I f**king love it.
I don't have a problem with predictions..I have a problem with you saying if the ending isn't a certain way then it won't be good when we still have a whole season left to go.
 9 years ago '06        #959
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,781 | Props total: 2260 2260
I really hope that Faraday isnt dead cuz he had all the answers and was becoming one of my favorite characters.
 04-30-2009, 06:20 PM         #960
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Faraday isn't dead he is in stasis shock. They will take him to the temple and he will become the smoke monster
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
80 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
42 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
288 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
60 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy