LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
139 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
34 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-17-2009, 03:46 PM         #821
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
If this is the case then Rose and Bernard must be living two timelines (one where they live their normal lives chronologically), and one where they die in the 70's and deteriorate.

Confusing
have you not noticed every character living 2 timelines?

i mean the whole cast is in the 1970s right now at the current ages(technically older than they were in the future) but got there thru the 2000s.

so they ALL are living two lives, maybe even more, at least during the flashes i'd think it could be more. but that was corrected when Locke moved the frozen donkey wheel.
 9 years ago '04        #822
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
 EMS the God said:
yeah i watched all 4 seasons leading up to this one in like a 3 weeks span maybe. a friend got me into it from work and i caught up really fast. and also finished the entire series of The Wire before the new season of Lost began.
same with me man... the wire was great... too bad it had to end...

lost is not hte same sorta show but they are both 2 of the best shows ever created... if not THE 2 best shows ever created... heroes is up there for me as well...

but lost is untouchable... its my fav show by far
 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM         #823
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is getting a bit boring

only interesting characters are ben and sayid..i like miles but i couldn't give two s**ts about his backstory. sawyer has become lame too.
 9 years ago '05        #824
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,968 | Props total: 3225 3225
Lost to me has been a little stale for a minute now..I mean the show itself is dope and it's kind of like figuring out a puzzle...I just feel like the shows themselves aren't that exciting anymore..it's like it's more fun talking to people about it after it happens to try to figure this s**t out..it's clever but I wish it would cater more to the entertainment factor again. This Dharma time s**t is getting old.
 9 years ago '05        #825
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,333 | Props total: 1656 1656
 Switchc2390 said:
Lost to me has been a little stale for a minute now..I mean the show itself is dope and it's kind of like figuring out a puzzle...I just feel like the shows themselves aren't that exciting anymore..it's like it's more fun talking to people about it after it happens to try to figure this s**t out..it's clever but I wish it would cater more to the entertainment factor again. This Dharma time s**t is getting old.
As dude said above, Lost is dope when you watch every episode in successive doses. That way you actually take everything into account while your mind is still fresh from information you got back in S1/S2, and are able to make 2 and 2 in S5. But yeah, Sawyer has become an uninteresting character. Jack's just straight up stale apart from this week's episode where he actually stood up for himself for once in S5. I think Sayid may be an interesting point, able to realize his purpose and all that. Miles got a good thing going with Chang.

Hurley I'm not so sure yet, but I don't think they've answered why Hurley went to the 316 flight. Remember when they asked who told Hurley to go and he said "they didn't say you'd be here" or something? Still don't know who the "they" is.

Kate's just bleh, has been since like S2. Daniel's back, and you can expect Desmond in The Variable too cause we haven't seen him for a while.
 9 years ago '05        #826
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
By the way, from Lostpedia:
I thought it was pretty funny

Character-specific "trademark" catchphrases

* "WAAAAAALLLLLT!" (Michael)
* "My son/boy!" (Michael)
* "They took my son/boy!" (Michael)
* "My baby!" (Claire)
* "Dude..." (Hurley)
* "Whoa..." (Hurley)
* "I'm not crazy" (Hurley)
* "The numbers are bad!" (Hurley)
* "You wanna talk about it?" (Kate)
* "I'm going with you." (Kate)
* "No you're not, Kate/whomever is relevant." (Jack)
* "He was a sacrifice that the island demanded." (Locke)
* "Don't tell me what I can't do!" (Locke)
* "Everything happens for a reason!" (Locke)
* "...., brother/sister!" (Desmond)
* "See you in another life, [brother/yeah]." (Desmond)
* "Aye" (Desmond)
* "What can I do for you?" (Sawyer)
* "Son of a b***h!" (Sawyer)
* "Open this damn door!" (Sawyer)
* "You're mad!" (Charlie)
* "Have you ever heard of Driveshaft? The band?" (Charlie)
* (singing in a high-pitched voice) "You all everybody!" (Charlie)
* "Bloody hell!" (Charlie)
* "Oh, bollocks." (Charlie)
* "Sodding..." (Charlie)
* "My name isn't [insert alias here]." (Kate)
* " ..., be my guest." (Locke)
* "My name is Henry Gale and I'm from Minnesota" (Ben)
* "I lied" (Ben)
* "I don't know" (Daniel Faraday)
 9 years ago '08        #827
TheHighLife 
space
space
$335 | Props total: 54 54
 Left Hook said:
By the way, from Lostpedia:
I thought it was pretty funny

Character-specific "trademark" catchphrases

* "WAAAAAALLLLLT!" (Michael)
* "My son/boy!" (Michael)
* "They took my son/boy!" (Michael)
* "My baby!" (Claire)
* "Dude..." (Hurley)
* "Whoa..." (Hurley)
* "I'm not crazy" (Hurley)
* "The numbers are bad!" (Hurley)
* "You wanna talk about it?" (Kate)
* "I'm going with you." (Kate)
* "No you're not, Kate/whomever is relevant." (Jack)
* "He was a sacrifice that the island demanded." (Locke)
* "Don't tell me what I can't do!" (Locke)
* "Everything happens for a reason!" (Locke)
* "...., brother/sister!" (Desmond)
* "See you in another life, [brother/yeah]." (Desmond)
* "Aye" (Desmond)
* "What can I do for you?" (Sawyer)
* "Son of a b***h!" (Sawyer)
* "Open this damn door!" (Sawyer)
* "You're mad!" (Charlie)
* "Have you ever heard of Driveshaft? The band?" (Charlie)
* (singing in a high-pitched voice) "You all everybody!" (Charlie)
* "Bloody hell!" (Charlie)
* "Oh, bollocks." (Charlie)
* "Sodding..." (Charlie)
* "My name isn't [insert alias here]." (Kate)
* " ..., be my guest." (Locke)
* "My name is Henry Gale and I'm from Minnesota" (Ben)
* "I lied" (Ben)
* "I don't know" (Daniel Faraday)

lol .... this also got me thinking ..... remember Henry Gale ???
 9 years ago '04        #828
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4286 4286
wat if miles decides to tell his father about the purge....
 9 years ago '06        #829
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2267 2267
 Propel Water said:
wat if miles decides to tell his father about the purge....
If you watch the comic con 08 video Chang does find out about the Purge from somone (most likely Faraday) and sends out a message to the present time to restart Dharma and try to change it from happening. The video is canon meaning part of the show cuz it was the executive producers who made and showed the video at comic con. We should be seeing it in the next episode cuz its Faraday centric.
 9 years ago '05        #830
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
Wtf? We have to wait 2 weeks for the new episode?

Another f**king break?

Wtf is this s**t?
 04-18-2009, 10:17 PM         #831
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Wtf? We have to wait 2 weeks for the new episode?

Another f**king break?

Wtf is this s**t?
Yeah it sucks, but ABC did it for sweeps week purposes.

The Finale will be during that week.
 04-18-2009, 10:18 PM         #832
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't know if this has been mentioned before (did some searching) according to Nielsen rating, Dead is Dead had around 8.5 million viewers, the lowest count for an episode of Lost ever. In fact, if the data is correct, Lost has been under 10 million viewers for several episodes now, a rare occurrence for the show, as it's usually around 12 mil.

Ben episodes usually do better than most.

Why is this? Are more people watching it online than ever before? Or is the show shedding its less "hardcore" audience as we get down to the final episodes?

More importantly, does any of this matter?

People with IQ's of room temperature or less might be watching American Idol instead, but I doubt they were ever watching LOST.

Discuss.
 04-18-2009, 11:29 PM         #833
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as long as they dont cancel it im good

i wish season 6 was 35 episodes haha
 9 years ago '05        #834
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
8mil? Damn. It's good by standards, but not Lost's standard.
 9 years ago '04        #835
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4286 4286
 modalee81 said:
If you watch the comic con 08 video Chang does find out about the Purge from somone (most likely Faraday) and sends out a message to the present time to restart Dharma and try to change it from happening. The video is canon meaning part of the show cuz it was the executive producers who made and showed the video at comic con. We should be seeing it in the next episode cuz its Faraday centric.
yeah man thats the reason why i think miles told him....
 9 years ago '05        #836
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,968 | Props total: 3225 3225
 DHARMA said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned before (did some searching) according to Nielsen rating, Dead is Dead had around 8.5 million viewers, the lowest count for an episode of Lost ever. In fact, if the data is correct, Lost has been under 10 million viewers for several episodes now, a rare occurrence for the show, as it's usually around 12 mil.

Ben episodes usually do better than most.

Why is this? Are more people watching it online than ever before? Or is the show shedding its less "hardcore" audience as we get down to the final episodes?

More importantly, does any of this matter?

People with IQ's of room temperature or less might be watching American Idol instead, but I doubt they were ever watching LOST.

Discuss.
Less people are watching Lost cause it's completely different than what it was like a couple seasons ago. Its now strayed away from people stuck on a mysterious island to people living back in the 1970's. s**t is different, and any time a show drastically changes, you have to expect the drop off.
 04-19-2009, 10:46 AM         #837
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Switchc2390 said:
Less people are watching Lost cause it's completely different than what it was like a couple seasons ago. Its now strayed away from people stuck on a mysterious island to people living back in the 1970's. s**t is different, and any time a show drastically changes, you have to expect the drop off.
Very good point...

Only one of my friends have watched it since the very beginning, and I'm thankful that he did. My mom and other friends just jump in whenever they can manage to watch the show, and then complain because they don't get it. Of course you don't get it, you have to watch it from start to finish, and you don't even know what your missing out on. I hate people who don't have the patience to watch the show from start to finish. Almost everyone can manage an episode a day ... and if you can't, I feel for you!

I think it's because in order to understand the show you literally need to watch EVERY episode.

I watch EVERY episode online. I don't think I've ever caught an episode on the "TV," since Season 2 ended. I don't even have basic cable. I don't pay a Cable bill. I think more people are downloading Lost or watching on ABC, Hulu, or something along those lines. I watch every week on JTV or UStream and then download off ItsBX the next day.

Here are the RAW stats in millions...

"Because You Left" 13.316
"The Lie" 13.316
"Jughead" 13.009
"The Little Prince" 12.855

This date American Idol ran halfway through.
"This Place is death" 11.862

"316" 13.161
"The Life and death of Jeremy Bentham" 12.078
"LaFleur" 12.396

This date American Idol ran halfway through.
"Namaste" 11.433

This is where American Idol started running through Lost completely.
"He's Our You" 9.036
"Whatever Happened, Happened" 9.574
"Dead is Dead" 8.565
"Some Like It Hoth" 9.01
 04-19-2009, 10:56 AM         #838
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also I wanted to touch on the "Illana/Bram are a 3rd faction."

Why does everyone a.ssume this all about Ben and Widmore? There are plenty of variables in the story still to support a third faction, lots of connections that would conveniently make a third, more dangerous group.

There's ...

1. No proof of who Henry Gale was, or was working for.
2. No proof of who placed the fake 815. Just because each faction a.ssumes the other did it doesn't make either of them right.
3. No proof that Christian takes orders from Jacob.
4. No reason WHY Jacob was asking Locke for help.

I'm almost certain they are a reconstituted (and apparently much more militant) Dharma Initiative. We went through this whole "New Dharma" thing this past off season, we saw Chang asking for a new Dharma to save them, and they ask the same sort of question that Inman asked of Des back in Season 2.

"What did one snowman say to the other snowman?"

I think they are the children of the original DHARMA Initiative that were taken off the island by their mothers/fathers before the purge.

I don't necessarily have any evidence to back this up, it's mostly a feeling. When Bram said, "We're not paying you anything, but all the money in the world isn't gonna fill that empty hole inside you, Miles." I got the feeling that he was on the island at one time and didn't leave by choice.

If they are the children of the original DI, that could explain why they are so militant. They are angry that their lives were essentially "ruined" because the hostiles purged the DI so they are back for retribution.

Here's an idea, what if one of them turns out to be Annie?

You might ask "how could they locate the island?"

The DeGroots would have known the purge happened. They would know how to get to the island and who was there, etc. After all, they were still making food drops as late as when the Losties arrived.

Actually, it's starting to appear that, one way or another, some DI on the island did have the foresight to get their children off the island. We know Charlotte's mum is going to get her away in time, and we are now seeing what I think will lead to Chang's banishment of his wife and Miles for their safety. It's possible that others did as well. Although, Bram is about the right age to be a spawn of the DeGroots. I wonder if we'll find out his last name at some point?

Finally, here's another idea would if they recruited Walt, Aaron, Ji-Yeon?

Last edited by DHARMA; 04-19-2009 at 11:00 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #839
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
I don't feel like going back to quote, but didn't "we" already a.ssume Ellie was Elloise Hawkings?
 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM         #840
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:
I don't feel like going back to quote, but didn't "we" already a.ssume Ellie was Elloise Hawkings?
Yes, I agree with you on that. I think Hawking and Widmore are siblings.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy