LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
313 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-10-2009, 09:09 PM         #761
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wasted said:
Because the island/smokey needs Ben's help and the only way to get Ben's help is to install a new Jacobs (Locke). Hence why smokey turned into Alex cos that's the only person Ben would listen to.
I agree with the last sentence but if Locke's really not dead, when Ben tried to k!ll him, he wouldn't die and he'd have this massive revelation. So I don't get saying don't harm him if he's not alive. I believe the Island brought Locke back to life because it needed him badly.
 9 years ago '06        #762
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,512 | Props total: 258 258
 lilsnatch770 said:
Does anyone think the producers are comparing Ben as Hitler? This may seem crazy but I've been piecing a few things together and when they showed Ben as a younger man (in the bushes) he looked just like Hitler did as a young man (except without the toothbrush mustache):

[pic - click to view]

Some other reasons I feel like they are comparing Ben to Hitler:

- Ben helped exterminate the Dharma people. He believed they were going to take over the island, just as Hitler had felt the Jews were going to take over Germany or already had.

- Ben tried and failed at an early Coup d'etat of his own people. He let Sayid out and sabotaged the bus to get him and Sayid free (Hitler too failed at an early coup against his country)

- Ben seems pretty ruthless and able to k!ll with ease (it is said that Hitler may have hated the sight of blood and never k!lled anyone but he still did some ruthless things)

- Ben was able to plot his way to the top of his people (just as Hitler was able to)

- Ben has dodged multiple attempts on his life (Hitler served in WWI as a line runner and survived years in the war, he also survived an a.ssassination attempt)

- Ben had no wife (Hitler neither did)

Some reasons I'm doubting they are doing it:

- Ben is told to follow Locke (Hitler never was told to let someone else lead)

- Ben is judged and survives (Hitler k!lled himself before he was judged)

- That would be a harsh comparison for the creators of the show to make

- Ben stops who is planning on k!lling if a baby is present (I don't think there is an example of this with Hitler)

I may be reading into things way too much but he looked just like any actor would look if they were portraying Hitler and Lost is crazy like that

Great post! I've never even thought about this. :applause:

And I was watching an old episode the other day, and I just realized they showed a small clip of Jacob. (Can't remember the episode title, but it's where Ben takes Locke to the cabin to see Jacob.) This was news to me, I don't know how I missed it from before. It looked like Jesus

But as for Locke being dead, I'm on the sideline at the moment. I just know that Smokey/Cloudy is not Locke. The reason he left at the same time Smokey/Cloudy came, and came back same time when Smokey/Cloudy left was just a coincidence. Nothing more, nothing less. IF they do happen to show that Smokey did form into Locke, then they fooled me. I do believe Smokey did form into Christian, Eco's brother, and so forth.

Last edited by -Phase One-; 04-11-2009 at 12:36 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #763
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Now that I see that picture, it does resemble Locke a little. If he was "older"
 9 years ago '06        #764
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 Welsh! said:
Garbage episode

an episode with Locke and Ben should have been an instant classic, but I was dissapointed
This episode was amazing. Any episode based on Locke & Ben is an instant classic. This is probably one of my favorite episodes out of all 5 seasons.

Calling it not as good is one thing, but calling it garbage is just plain out hating.
 9 years ago '05        #765
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 HR_Paperstacks said:
I agree with the last sentence but if Locke's really not dead, when Ben tried to k!ll him, he wouldn't die and he'd have this massive revelation. So I don't get saying don't harm him if he's not alive. I believe the Island brought Locke back to life because it needed him badly.

When did Ben try to k!ll locke? Besides the first time around?

The reason why I say Locke IS dead is because "DEAD IS DEAD"

Ben said to Sun. "Locke is dead, when you dead you're dead. Dead IS dead Sun. The island can do alot of things, it can heal people it can fix things, but never have I've seen it bring the dead back like that. Locke walking around like he is alive scares the living dead day light out of me"

I think Locke is dead but the locke we see now is probably smokey. Like Christian IS dead

Last edited by Wasted; 04-11-2009 at 03:16 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #766
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
 modalee81 said:
you are a f**king idiot and every post u make is only about hating on something u f**king f*g**t.
you stay following my posts lmfao.

and Phase one what the f**k are you talking about you d**k? I'm a huge lost fan, just because I disliked this episode does not make me a hater you d**k lmao
 9 years ago '04        #767
shookid 
space
space
space
$1,581 | Props total: 0 0
 Wasted said:

When did Ben try to k!ll locke? Besides the first time around?

The reason why I say Locke IS dead is because "DEAD IS DEAD"

Ben said to Sun. "Locke is dead, when you dead you're dead. Dead IS dead Sun. The island can do alot of things, it can heal people it can fix things, but never have I've seen it bring the dead back like that. Locke walking around like he is alive scares the living dead day light out of me"

I think Locke is dead but the locke we see now is probably smokey. Like Christian IS dead
there have been atleast 2 occasions where Ben has tried to or successfully k!lled John. He shot him and left him to die in the pit and this last time where he actually k!lled John. Not sure if there are any other occasions. If Locke is Smokey, which i doubt, this would be the first time that smokey would appear as a life form to an entire group. Before, Smokey would appear as someone close to who it was judging. Mr Eko - Yemi; Ben - Alex. Locke obviously has some major connection with the island. I have a feeling all this Sawyer heroism will turn into him sacrificing himself for the 06.
 9 years ago '06        #768
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
Locke is NOT smokey its the real Locke
 9 years ago '05        #769
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
Locke isn't smokey, it's Locke. Why would smokey tell Ben not to k!ll Locke if it was Locke?
It doesn't make sense to drag Ben down to the underground level of the temple just to tell Ben not to k!ll Locke, when if smokey was Locke, it would've told Ben back in the jungle.

I'll tell you why Locke [i]isn't[/b] dead. Because individuals who have died in the past only reveal themselves to certain people who need guidance or direction or are being judged. Something that is in accordance with what the island wants to tell that person. For example, Christian appeared to Jack in S1, the horse with Kate, that mental institution guy with Hurley. It's a one-on-one thing.

If Locke was dead, he would have to appear for a reason; and he obviously doesn't know why he's there. He's just as confused as Ben. He also revealed himself to a hell of a lot of people back in the new survivors' camp.

He's not an illusion.

Dead in the "real world"? Possible.
Dead on the island? No (IMO).

And how was Dead Is Dead garbage? Best episode of the season, despite the less-than-impressive special effects.
 9 years ago '07        #770
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,088 | Props total: 1527 1527
where'd that pic of jacob come from?
 9 years ago '04        #771
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
^^

the cabin episode
 04-15-2009, 08:20 PM         #772
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Remember the scene where Juliet & Kate are handcuffed together and have to run into the banyan trees to evade Smokey..?

Well, if you recall, Smokey comes face to face with Juliet, and we see the same series of flashes occur to her as she faces it as we do in both the Eko and the Ben facing the monster scene.

We know know this occurs while they are being judged for a particular wrong doing.

I think that when we see Juliet in the Others' courtroom, they were deciding if to send her to Smokey then, but she was semi-reprieved, and 'marked'... maybe this 'mark' kind of marked her out to smokey as someone who would require judging?

Or, it could just be as simple as marking her a 'traitor', as she had attempted to have Ben k!lled during surgery by Jack.

Do you think that Locke may also have been judged and survived? After all he said "I looked into the eye of this island.....", and he was quite prepared to go into the temple crevice when Smokey tried to take him!!
 04-15-2009, 08:35 PM         #773
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1.6 million dollars ... 3.2 million dollars
 04-15-2009, 09:09 PM         #774
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
i never said anything about working for locke

i said working for widmore, or maybe even dharma.

just cuz she said she was working for who was k!lled by sayid doesnt mean its neccessarily true.

the people sayid was k!lling were widmore's people, so its most likely she works for widmore.

or slim chance but possibly working for ben, since shes the one that got sayid on the plane and ben didnt look surprised to see him on there

[pic - click to view]

im thinking dharma possibly
 9 years ago '06        #775
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
Tonight's episode was "eh." Seemed like a filler.

The next 2 look good, though.
 04-15-2009, 09:11 PM         #776
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DHARMA said:
1.6 million dollars ... 3.2 million dollars
what about it?
 9 years ago '06        #777
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
I'm curious to what the whole "What lies in the shadow of the statue" thing.
 04-15-2009, 09:34 PM         #778
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So, hopefully, people will stop thinking that two versions of people can't coexist at the same time. Miles was within yards of himself. The universe did not start becoming unglued.

However, that one bush did start to go a little hazy ...
 04-15-2009, 09:36 PM         #779
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
what about it?
Bram and Ilaina work for Ben ...

Ben had a pretty good organization going in L.A. for the two years he was off-island (2005-2007). I wouldn't doubt that he either partnered up with folks already existing, or that whatever group he was a part of is going to be his backup.

Hence the whole 3.2 million ... just like Miles asked Ben for ... no one else thinking this?
 9 years ago '06        #780
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 DHARMA said:
Bram and Ilaina work for Ben ...

Ben had a pretty good organization going in L.A. for the two years he was off-island (2005-2007). I wouldn't doubt that he either partnered up with folks already existing, or that whatever group he was a part of is going to be his backup.

Hence the whole 3.2 million ... just like Miles asked Ben for ... no one else thinking this?
:banghead: I was thinking that after my 2nd post earlier.

And that guy in the passenger side van, wasn't he the one who was with that girl on the island when they hit Frank Lapidus?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy