LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #741
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
 Reppindaburghh said:
^^^

Why 8, and 23? Why not 82 and 3? Or Just 823? What is the signifigance of the numbers 8 and 23?
tell me you didnt just start watching the show. the numbers have been a consistent theme in the show since its beginning. all of the numbers are:

4 8 15 16 23 42

the have showed up in that sequence or in different sequences the entire show. for example, hugo played those numbers and won the lottery. somebody was broadcasting those numbers and rousseau followed the signal back to the island. They were on the hatch at the Swan. the flight they were on was 815. these numbers also had to be entered into the computer.

here is an article on all the numbers

here are articles on the individual numbers and on combos (like 4 8 and 15 carved on eko's stick)

Not say you asked a dumb question but...
 04-09-2009, 12:54 PM         #742
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
^^^

Why 8, and 23? Why not 82 and 3? Or Just 823? What is the signifigance of the numbers 8 and 23?

Anyway, RicFlair, great post. I didnt think of that. Thats exactly right, I bet. Widmore told'm, "You wont know who else is working for me, when and if you get to the island you ask people THIS question, and if they dont know the answer, they arent working for me." And sent them on there way.

WOOOOO

i was also thinking, maybe they work for dharma. it would throw an interesting new 3rd party into the present day storyline.

im leaning towards widmore but itd be interesting and its possible they work for dharma.
 9 years ago '05        #743
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7092 7092
 illathruz said:
tell me you didnt just start watching the show. the numbers have been a consistent theme in the show since its beginning. all of the numbers are:

4 8 15 16 23 42

the have showed up in that sequence or in different sequences the entire show. for example, hugo played those numbers and won the lottery. somebody was broadcasting those numbers and rousseau followed the signal back to the island. They were on the hatch at the Swan. the flight they were on was 815. these numbers also had to be entered into the computer.

here is an article on all the numbers

here are articles on the individual numbers and on combos (like 4 8 and 15 carved on eko's stick)

Not say you asked a dumb question but...
Ok, obviously I know about that sequence of #'s. But why the f**k would only 823 be on that case?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that was just a coincidence, bro.
 9 years ago '06        #744
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2284 2284
 Reppindaburghh said:
Ok, obviously I know about that sequence of #'s. But why the f**k would only 823 be on that case?

NO its not just a coincidence the numbers or parts of it always show up in every episode. Last episode when Kate was in the grocery store they showed up backwards above shopping lane.
 9 years ago '06        #745
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:

so these would also be coincedences:
ekos stick had 4 8 15
pennys address is 423
the flight was 815
at the airport flight 23 left from gate 15
hurlys hotel room was 2342

if you know anything about production design, which you obviously don't, you would know that nothing happens on a set by accident. these numbers have been all over the show. why is it so hard to believe they might be on a mysterious box? they were on a mysterious hatch. they've been all over the place.
 9 years ago '05        #746
space
space
 illathruz said:
so these would also be coincedences:
ekos stick had 4 8 15
pennys address is 423
the flight was 815
at the airport flight 23 left from gate 15
hurlys hotel room was 2342

if you know anything about production design, which you obviously don't, you would know that nothing happens on a set by accident. these numbers have been all over the show. why is it so hard to believe they might be on a mysterious box? they were on a mysterious hatch. they've been all over the place.
I didnt ever say it was that hard to believe. I just didnt have the proper evidence to believe it. With what you have presented, I do. You were right, I was wrong.

Sorry I cant remember tidbits of episodes from seasons 5 years ago. I dont even remember what I did last night.
 9 years ago '04        #747
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,400 | Props total: 4299 4299
4 episodes left? correct?

shuld be gearing up for the finale now.

kinda mad they jus k!lled off caesar randomly... maybe hes not dead tho?

illana? c*nt. i think she works for widmore.

happy to see father and son working together next week.... maybe we can actully see wtf miles deal is...

what lies in the shadow of the statue? i gess they wont find out bc the statue is destroyed by then... maybe behind the foot?

i gess we ccan all say its anubis after seein the hieroglyphics above the cerebus vent.

anyone else think richard suffers from the same thing as christian and locke?

i wonder what the problem for season 6 gona be? taking their places in their destiny and protecting the island?
 9 years ago '06        #748
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I didnt ever say it was that hard to believe. I just didnt have the proper evidence to believe it. With what you have presented, I do. You were right, I was wrong.

Sorry I cant remember tidbits of episodes from seasons 5 years ago. I dont even remember what I did last night.
neither do I, but before I disagree with somebody, I do research first. I try not to just say that they are wrong without telling them why they are wrong. You do and thats wack. You'd probably learn something if you were more humble.

anyways, i like how you broke it down ric with them supposedly working for locke... but they don't. she works for a mexican. the mexican was k!lled by sayid cus he knew something about the island. now sayid must be judged.
 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM         #749
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illathruz said:
neither do I, but before I disagree with somebody, I do research first. I try not to just say that they are wrong without telling them why they are wrong. You do and thats wack. You'd probably learn something if you were more humble.

anyways, i like how you broke it down ric with them supposedly working for locke... but they don't. she works for a mexican. the mexican was k!lled by sayid cus he knew something about the island. now sayid must be judged.
i never said anything about working for locke

i said working for widmore, or maybe even dharma.

just cuz she said she was working for who was k!lled by sayid doesnt mean its neccessarily true.

the people sayid was k!lling were widmore's people, so its most likely she works for widmore.

or slim chance but possibly working for ben, since shes the one that got sayid on the plane and ben didnt look surprised to see him on there
 9 years ago '06        #750
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
 RicFlair said:
i never said anything about working for locke

i said working for widmore, or maybe even dharma.

just cuz she said she was working for who was k!lled by sayid doesnt mean its neccessarily true.

the people sayid was k!lling were widmore's people, so its most likely she works for widmore.

or slim chance but possibly working for ben, since shes the one that got sayid on the plane and ben didnt look surprised to see him on there
right my bad. i meant to say widmore. they are working for one of widmore's friends. i bet the mexican dude sayid k!lled on the golf course was one of widmore's friends. dude was probably on the island and got exhiled with widmore. think about it.

it would explain why the latina told sayid that he would be judged. thats probably why she wants to find the temple. because the temple (or around that area) is where people seem to be judged.
 9 years ago '04        #751
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
Does anyone think the producers are comparing Ben as Hitler? This may seem crazy but I've been piecing a few things together and when they showed Ben as a younger man (in the bushes) he looked just like Hitler did as a young man (except without the toothbrush mustache):

[pic - click to view]

Some other reasons I feel like they are comparing Ben to Hitler:

- Ben helped exterminate the Dharma people. He believed they were going to take over the island, just as Hitler had felt the Jews were going to take over Germany or already had.

- Ben tried and failed at an early Coup d'etat of his own people. He let Sayid out and sabotaged the bus to get him and Sayid free (Hitler too failed at an early coup against his country)

- Ben seems pretty ruthless and able to k!ll with ease (it is said that Hitler may have hated the sight of blood and never k!lled anyone but he still did some ruthless things)

- Ben was able to plot his way to the top of his people (just as Hitler was able to)

- Ben has dodged multiple attempts on his life (Hitler served in WWI as a line runner and survived years in the war, he also survived an a.ssassination attempt)

- Ben had no wife (Hitler neither did)

Some reasons I'm doubting they are doing it:

- Ben is told to follow Locke (Hitler never was told to let someone else lead)

- Ben is judged and survives (Hitler k!lled himself before he was judged)

- That would be a harsh comparison for the creators of the show to make

- Ben stops who is planning on k!lling if a baby is present (I don't think there is an example of this with Hitler)

I may be reading into things way too much but he looked just like any actor would look if they were portraying Hitler and Lost is crazy like that
 04-09-2009, 06:50 PM         #752
beauxjangles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok i am kinda new to this blog but have been watching Lost since the season 1. If this topic has been talked about then please let me know.

Has anyone talked about the biblical (old testament) references in Lost?

Jacob ---- the son of Isaac who was the son of Abraham
Had 12 kids which started the 12 tribes

Benjamin ---- son of Jacob
Jacob's 12th child

Aaron ---- great great grandson of Jacob ( Jacob -> Levi -> Kohath -> Amram -> AARON)
Also brother of Moses

I can go on but I don't want to repeat an old topic.
 04-09-2009, 06:56 PM         #753
beauxjangles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
Does anyone think the producers are comparing Ben as Hitler? This may seem crazy but I've been piecing a few things together and when they showed Ben as a younger man (in the bushes) he looked just like Hitler did as a young man (except without the toothbrush mustache): ........

I may be reading into things way too much but he looked just like any actor would look if they were portraying Hitler and Lost is crazy like that

No it is a good idea. I think he may resemble Hitler like you said. Then again you could compare Ben to any dictator (Stalin, Sadam, Kim Jong Il) if you really want to.

The traits are similar in ways but I don't think the writers are using Hitler as a model exclusively.
 9 years ago '05        #754
space
space
 illathruz said:

Pretty sure this is a forum. A tool for discussion. Why go google'n s**t when I could just post something in here and have someone like you lay evidence out for me?

Thanks for your help.

:greetings10:
 9 years ago '04        #755
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
 beauxjangles said:
No it is a good idea. I think he may resemble Hitler like you said. Then again you could compare Ben to any dictator (Stalin, Sadam, Kim Jong Il) if you really want to.

The traits are similar in ways but I don't think the writers are using Hitler as a model exclusively.

I thought that too but then I saw him tonight as a younger guy and he looked just like someone that would be portraying Hitler
 9 years ago '07        #756
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
Garbage episode

an episode with Locke and Ben should have been an instant classic, but I was dissapointed
 9 years ago '05        #757
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
So it looks like John is dead, not reincarnated. It's just an illusion that Christian, Jacobs and Locke are "alive"

As with Ben not k!lling Penny, its because the island now wants Widmore back on the island?
The island was judging Ben, does the island want Penny dead, No, it was Ben who wanted Penny dead, therefore Ben not k!lling Penny = he passed the judgement test.
 9 years ago '06        #758
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2284 2284
 Welsh! said:
Garbage episode

an episode with Locke and Ben should have been an instant classic, but I was dissapointed
you are a f**king idiot and every post u make is only about hating on something u f**king f*g**t.
 04-10-2009, 08:48 PM         #759
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wasted said:
So it looks like John is dead, not reincarnated. It's just an illusion that Christian, Jacobs and Locke are "alive"

As with Ben not k!lling Penny, its because the island now wants Widmore back on the island?
The island was judging Ben, does the island want Penny dead, No, it was Ben who wanted Penny dead, therefore Ben not k!lling Penny = he passed the judgement test.
If John is dead, how come Alex told Ben not to k!ll him? If he was "alive" you wouldn't be able to k!ll him anyway.
 9 years ago '05        #760
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Because the island/smokey needs Ben's help and the only way to get Ben's help is to install a new Jacobs (Locke). Hence why smokey turned into Alex cos that's the only person Ben would listen to.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago