Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
177 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #641
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 Reppindaburghh said:
This was my favorite episode of Lost ever. Sorry if you cant understand what they are simply explaining. I mean they had an two entire scenes specifically targeted to explaining the concept to idiots like yourself who dont understand it. If you cant understand whats going on after Miles explained it to you twice, then your a moron. The majority of us had this all figured out 2 seasons ago. You people that after 2 seasons of explaining it to you still cant understand it are just fools.
LOL @ this idiot.

Lost's whole concept of time travel is fukked up which is why they covered the topic between Miles and Hurly because the writers KNEW they had a big problem on their hands. The writers purposely knew this shiit was going to confuse the audience and that scene proves it.

You Psuedo-intellects talking about how "I had this figured out 2 seasons ago" proves you're full of s**t.

All this shiit about "Sayid always shooting Ben" is a big mind fukk and Richard saying Ben will just forget is a big cop out.
 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM         #642
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ben always went with the others so all this Sayid shooting him s**t is nonsense as we all know what happened already Ben was destined to join the others and whatever happens in the present 70's will not change anything.

Let's call it fate/destiny, it will always happen but you can get to it via different circumstances/direction.

I can make the number 10 from 2 numbers in many different ways.

You guys are fools bickering over this s**t you are trying to make it way more complex than it is.

Lost writers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ben can't die in the 70's as he is alive in the 2000's. The Dharma guys all died and they will die again. I just want to see how they died or how they die now.

Last edited by Exodus X13; 04-02-2009 at 03:21 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #643
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 Exodus X13 said:
Ben always went with the others so all this Sayid shooting him s**t is nonsense as we all know what happened already Ben was destined to join the others and whatever happens in the present 70's will not change anything.

Let's call it fate/destiny, it will always happen but you can get to it via different circumstances/direction.

I can make the number 10 from 2 numbers in many different ways.

You guys are fools bickering over this s**t you are trying to make it way more complex than it is.

Lost writers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ben can't die in the 70's as he is alive in the 2000's. The Dharma guys all died and they will die again. I just want to see how they died or how they die now.
I actually agree with all this.
 9 years ago '06        #644
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 R4P said:
maybe you're not a dumbass but you're dimwitted for sure. The difference between the other people (that you mentioned) and you is that they are guessing/theorizing but none know for sure because it hasn't been shown/proven on LOST.

You on the other hand have already gotten an explanation as to how the time travel works and countless people have also tried explaining it to you and you still dont get it.

NO. Sayid and the losties were ALWAYS a part of it. Is that hard to understand that Sayid (for example) is lets say..38 yrs old in 1977..that means in 2004 he would be 64-65 years old. SO ITS NOT THE SAME SAYID THATS WHY HE DOESNT REMEMBER. As of now its probably safe to a.ssume (until we know for sure) that there are doubles of each character.

There are the losties in 1977 living on the island. And their baby counterparts living out their lives the way they originally did all over the world.

so for the last time

1. Sayid in the future wont remember shooting young Ben because he hasnt done it yet. The "old" Sayid has.
2. Sayid in the 70's may not even be around in 2004 when the plane crashes again.

Its an endless loop. If you dont understand it by now then you're a lost cause (no pun intended)

I already know this. That's common sense. I mis-read what that other kid was talking about. I thought he was trying to tell me that this is BOTH Sayid & Ben's past, when it isn't.
 04-02-2009, 05:11 PM         #645
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am going to give up on trying to decipher the Time Travel aspect of the show since only 10 ppl tops understand it...

Here is some new food for thought...

I was wondering why Ellie and Widmore seem to both lead the others ... and I came up with the idea that they could be twins. Can anyone see any problems with this idea?

I realize they have different last names but Ellie could have married when she left the island.

I just don't see why the others would answer to two people. We know the others have specific conditions when it comes to choosing a leader and I would imagine one of these has to do with birth type/place/time. It def. would explain the rapport Charles and Ellie had back in '54.

Now, I gotta wonder if Zach and Emma will become the new leaders of The Others sometime in the future. It's likely that those two got converted when they arrived at the Temple.

Does anyone else have any ideas?
 04-02-2009, 05:14 PM         #646
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 get_ate said:
Wow!

...some people are as intelligent as bricks...

...if you did something when you were 37, how the hell are you supposed to remember doing it when you're 34?

Lost is currently operating on the premise of that question, and it clearly explains why Jack, Kate, Sayid, etc... do not know they have met Ben because his past is currently their present.

...it's so simple to understand, and people's inability to comprehend it is an indictment on common sense and the utter rampant lack of it.
:agreement6:
:agreement6: :agreement6:
:agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6:
 04-02-2009, 05:28 PM         #647
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think I have an idea of what will happen inside the Temple ...

Ben: There's some frozen lemonade over here, I'll be right back...

*Chris Hansen walks out*

Hansen: Why don't you have a seat?
*Richard sits*
What was your plan here?

Richard: Just talk.

Hansen: Talk. But see the problem for you Richard, is that I have the whole conversation right here.

Richard: Oh I don't remember having that.

Hansen: But Richard, it says right here. You're going to "take Ben's innocence." You say "he'll never be the same again." Now what would have happened had I not been here?

Richard: I'm, I'm sorry. I probably wouldn't have done anything, I would have chickened out.

Hansen: You can see how that's hard for me to believe. Who's to say you wouldn't?

...well, there's something you have to know. I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC, and we're doing a story...*cameramen emerge* about predators who try to have s3x with young children.

You're free to go at any time.

*Richard leaves*

Dharma security men:*surround Richard* "DOWN ON THE GROUND, NOW! GET DOWN!"
 9 years ago '04        #648
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4286 4286
 DHARMA said:
I am going to give up on trying to decipher the Time Travel aspect of the show since only 10 ppl tops understand it...

Here is some new food for thought...

I was wondering why Ellie and Widmore seem to both lead the others ... and I came up with the idea that they could be twins. Can anyone see any problems with this idea?

I realize they have different last names but Ellie could have married when she left the island.

I just don't see why the others would answer to two people. We know the others have specific conditions when it comes to choosing a leader and I would imagine one of these has to do with birth type/place/time. It def. would explain the rapport Charles and Ellie had back in '54.

Now, I gotta wonder if Zach and Emma will become the new leaders of The Others sometime in the future. It's likely that those two got converted when they arrived at the Temple.

Does anyone else have any ideas?
i sorta figured they were dating...maybe penny and faraday being brother and sister...or sumtin...

the season is about to change again drasticlly tho...
 9 years ago '06        #649
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,258 | Props total: 442 442
 R4P said:
maybe you're not a dumbass but you're dimwitted for sure. The difference between the other people (that you mentioned) and you is that they are guessing/theorizing but none know for sure because it hasn't been shown/proven on LOST.

You on the other hand have already gotten an explanation as to how the time travel works and countless people have also tried explaining it to you and you still dont get it.

NO. Sayid and the losties were ALWAYS a part of it. Is that hard to understand that Sayid (for example) is lets say..38 yrs old in 1977..that means in 2004 he would be 64-65 years old. SO ITS NOT THE SAME SAYID THATS WHY HE DOESNT REMEMBER. As of now its probably safe to a.ssume (until we know for sure) that there are doubles of each character.

There are the losties in 1977 living on the island. And their baby counterparts living out their lives the way they originally did all over the world.

so for the last time

1. Sayid in the future wont remember shooting young Ben because he hasnt done it yet. The "old" Sayid has.
2. Sayid in the 70's may not even be around in 2004 when the plane crashes again.

Its an endless loop. If you dont understand it by now then you're a lost cause (no pun intended)
I agree with everything you said except the endless loop. They traveled back in time once. When the seventies version catches up to 2004 again they will continue to age they will be i their 60's 70's. There are two versions of each Of them right now. There will always be between the years 77 and 07
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by NYGiantsHUSTLER; 04-02-2009 at 07:59 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #650
KarteL13 
space
space
space
Sayid was NOT always a part of it.
 9 years ago '06        #651
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2264 2264
Yes he was
 9 years ago '06        #652
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
No he wasn't.
 04-02-2009, 08:19 PM         #653
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
Sayid was NOT always a part of it.
  -Phase One- said:
No he wasn't.
I think it's important to note that a corollary to the "whatever happened, happened" theory is that "whatever WILL happen, happened." In other words, this "one and only one" timeline theory means that the entire timeline from the beginning of time to the end of time (or infinity) was created instantaneously. However, the TV characters (or us in real life) obviously only experience these events sequentially.

THERE IS AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE! Lindelof confirmed this in an EW interview with Jeff Jensen..."To be clear, Desmond's past was different before ''The Constant.'' Before his time-travel adventure, Desmond never met Faraday at Oxford, never got Penelope's digits. As a consequence of changing the past, Desmond's personal history has been ''course corrected'' by The Powers That Be, beginning from the moment he walked away from Penny's apartment. Lindelof says this interpretation is also correct."

This exception may or may not only apply to Desmond and may or may not be subject to "course correction." I am of the opinion that this exception applies to everyone. Ms. Hawking seemed able to alter the timeline, maybe Theresa, Minkowski, and others could too. I am not a big fan of "course correction" because I find it a bit disturbing to make a distinction between what does/doesn't need to be corrected. However, the above Lindelof statement seems to confirm that "course correction" does exist. Everything we've ever seen on the show has been part of one big altered timeline, ultimately created because Desmond was conned into going to the island by Eloise Hawking in defiance of what was "supposed" to happen."

The fact that, relative to 2007, it happened in the past does not matter. To them it is "now" that matters. Since they don't know what happened "previously" from the 2007 standpoint, their choices are their own to make. The fact that by 2007 those choices were written in stone really doesn't matter to them at the point in time they make them.

Yes the Losties have free will. Yes they will make their own decisions.

But whatever they decide is what they've always decided. And the results won't change.

The thing is, outside of the fact that they know they are going to land on the island and the fact that the purge is going to happen, they really don't know anything. Sure, Rousseau is going to show up, Ben is going to capture some of them, Boone is going to die...but that's all stuff that is outside of their control in the "moment" that they are in.

I don't see this as any different than Hurley being late for the plane. He knew when it was going to take off and he knew he would have to be there in order to fly on it. The stuff between when he booked the ticket and when he actually made it onto the plane was undetermined. Regardless of what he did in the interim the end result was going to be Hurley riding the plane.

Unless he missed it of course ...
 9 years ago '06        #654
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2264 2264
You guys are making up the your own theories without any proof from the show. Sayid and the O6 were always the ones there the proof is when Christian shows Sun and Lapedus the picture of Dharma in 1977 and the O6 was in it.
 04-02-2009, 08:23 PM         #655
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
You guys are making up the your own theories without any proof from the show. Sayid and the O6 were always the ones there the proof is when Christian shows Sun and Lapedus the picture of Dharma in 1977 and the O6 was in it.
:applause:
:applause: :applause:
:applause: :applause: :applause:
 9 years ago '05        #656
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
The people who do not understand the concept please read my post here, hopefully I explained it better.

Reppindaburghh said:
You and Monk are the main people I absolutly respect in this thread.

But,....I dont know why it is a.ssumed Desmond changed the future and hes special. Desmond had flashes of what was going to happen in the future. That never actually happened. He had flashes of it doesnt mean it was actually going to happen. I cant explain it well, but by your posts i'm gonna a.ssume you know what I mean. Desmond was always supposed to have those flashes, and he was always supposed to prevent it. It never actually happened and THEN he prevented it. He just had flashes telling him what to prevent. Doesnt make much sense to folks like Kartel, but i'm sure you know what I mean.

So I dont know where the a.ssumption that Desmond did something impossible came from. He did what he was supposed to do, what always happens/happened on an endless time-loop.

Anyway, keep up with your posts. And by the way, Monk, where are you? I'm looking for your insight on the newest episode as well.
Yep. Desmond doesn't really change the future cos the things he saw never happened and never will. Example he saw Charlie getting struck by lighting - never happen. He saw Charlie getting k!lled by birds on the rocks - Never happen. He saw Charlie drown in the sub, he tired to help him. He couldn't, why because it was SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN. So Desmond doesn't really change the future, he was SUPPOSE to stop Charlie dying from Lighting, birds etc so it leads up to the submarine.

-Phase One- said:
What you just said is what I've been thinking all this time.

But, if what Dharma posted is accurate (the Sawyer's time line) wouldn't that cancel out the whole idea of Sayid "has always shot Ben in the past", considering that would be Sayid's present? Knowhatimsayin? If that's the case, then maybe Ben did get shot in the past, but it wasn't by Sayid, it was just course correcting itself?
No, Ben always got shot in the past and it was Sayid. You have to look at it from Ben's time line then switch it to Sayids time line where he returns to the island to shoot Ben. (Which Young Ben experienced).

modalee81 said:

Did u not watch tonights episode??

Richard CLEARLY explains that if he heals Ben that Ben would no longer REMEMBER any of this happened and that he would lose his innocence. This is the reason why Ben does not remember Sayid or any of the O6 coming back to the past in Dharma time.
What does innocence have to do with remembering things?!?!?

That's not what Richard meant'

Richard will take away Ben's innocence Ie Ben's feelings, Bens compassion.

=====================

Some of you people don't understand what Lost is about regarding the time travel or what the writers were saying in What ever happened happened.

Basically its this, let me break it down.

Miles and Hurly conversation is about time travel.

Miles theory is Faraday theory, which is the correct theory and its what time travel is/What the writers want you people to understand.

Basically Miles/Faraday theory is one line of time, everyone is in it. 1977------->2008
What ever happened in that time, HAPPENED. You can't change it, it WILL HAPPENED. People who go back in time makes that time exists. That is it.

Hurly's theory = everyone on this board who do not see/understand or get Miles/Faraday Theory. You guys question, "What Ever Happened, Happened" But you don't see "What Ever Happened, Happened" You just need to understand "What Ever Happened, Happened" It cannot be changed or altered. No matter how many theories, tests, experiments, angels you try to look at it. The past, present and furture is set in stone, its already written. - GET IT?!!

Example of What Ever Happened Happened - This is the writers way of putting peoples brain back into Lost

H: But when first captured Ben and Sayid tortured him, why wouldn’t he remember being shot by that same guy when he was a kid
M: Huh I never thought of that
H: Huh
Ben did. Just becuase he never showed it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It did. Ben didn't say anything because he would look like this.

"Oh BTW Sayid in 1977 when I was a kid you travelled back in time and shot me, you wont remember that because it hasn't happened yet, but it will do..... BTW at this moment I am not Ben I am Henry Gale" Ben does not tell Sayid this because he will risk Sayid NOT shooting him. He made Sayid into a k!ller, so Sayid would be so pissed off with him that he would k!ll him.

beauxjangles said:
modalee81 you make perfect sense and you are right about how the show tonight explained it perfectly. I get that the O6 present is Ben's past.

How do you explain this? How do the O6 exist in 2 different forms at the same time? We can a.ssume that they were all born before 1977 right? So how do they exist on the island at age 30 something in 1977 and in the US or Korea or Iraq as a kid in 1977 at the same time?

It's like this. Example (Im using random dates to show you). Lets say Jack was born in 1980.

Jack born in 1980, goes to school, becomes a doctor etc etc
2004 crashes on island.
2006-2008 Leaves island and goes back to LA
2008-crashes on to island and is time travelled back to 1977.

1977 Jack is working for DI etc etc.............(Lets say he stays here till 1985).
In 1980 off Island Jack is born, goes to school, becomes a doctor etc etc
2004 off Island Jack crashes on island.

and so and so on........

===========================

Phase One, if there is anything you don't get then please ask, I will try to answer you. I a.ssume you understand it now?

Last edited by Wasted; 04-02-2009 at 09:18 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #657
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
BTW the only thing that gets me is why are they making Kate out to be as.lut. Sawyer, Jack and now Roger? Kate's character isn't as.lut. She got to places by out smarting/conning people.

What does she see in Roger?

9 years ago '05        #658
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7085 7085
 KarteL13 said:
LOL @ this idiot.

Lost's whole concept of time travel is fukked up which is why they covered the topic between Miles and Hurly because the writers KNEW they had a big problem on their hands. The writers purposely knew this shiit was going to confuse the audience and that scene proves it.

You Psuedo-intellects talking about how "I had this figured out 2 seasons ago" proves you're full of s**t.

All this shiit about "Sayid always shooting Ben" is a big mind fukk and Richard saying Ben will just forget is a big cop out.

9 years ago '08        #659
KarteL13 
space
space
space
That's bull. They are stretching this story out because they have to. This past episode just confirms it. The kate story was useless. We didn't need a whole episode of Kate struggling to give Aaron up.

And this time travel mythology is bullshiit which is why a lot of casual fans are confused. Don't believe me? Google it up.

Theoritcally, Sayid should and the Losties should not be responsible for Ben's shady character. His character has been established when he was introduced a few season ago. If they would of hinted all of this stuff a few seasons ago then it will makes sense.

But they had to stretch out this story and tried to connect it as much as possible to give you that "WOW" factor.

Instead, it got fans confused and they pulled a huge cop out by saying ben won't remember anything.
 9 years ago '05        #660
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7085 7085
 DHARMA said:
I think I have an idea of what will happen inside the Temple ...

Ben: There's some frozen lemonade over here, I'll be right back...

*Chris Hansen walks out*

Hansen: Why don't you have a seat?
*Richard sits*
What was your plan here?

Richard: Just talk.

Hansen: Talk. But see the problem for you Richard, is that I have the whole conversation right here.

Richard: Oh I don't remember having that.

Hansen: But Richard, it says right here. You're going to "take Ben's innocence." You say "he'll never be the same again." Now what would have happened had I not been here?

Richard: I'm, I'm sorry. I probably wouldn't have done anything, I would have chickened out.

Hansen: You can see how that's hard for me to believe. Who's to say you wouldn't?

...well, there's something you have to know. I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC, and we're doing a story...*cameramen emerge* about predators who try to have s3x with young children.

You're free to go at any time.

*Richard leaves*

Dharma security men:*surround Richard* "DOWN ON THE GROUND, NOW! GET DOWN!"

Thank you for interjecting some humor in this thread. Because the idiots in this thread are getting out of hand.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy