LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #601
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
 -Phase One- said:
So after the O6 crashed, when they first met Ben, why didn't they remember him? Why didn't Sayid remember shooting him? Why didn't Juliet remember them as well?

I understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't make any sense.

When it comes to Lost, there's a lot of twists. How do we know that the writer's threw that scene in there to get people to believe that's what's going on? I would, just to f**k with people's heads. Like I said, Hurley's last question that Mile's couldn't answer was probably a "hint" of some sort.

And I love how certain people are acting like they're apart of the film crew and they know what's going on "officially" when they're just going to other sites and coping and pasting other people's opinions. Talk about being lame as f**k.
dude seriously please go back and watch the episode.

jesus christ even when the writers place the explanations right in front of our faces some people just ignore it.
 9 years ago '06        #602
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 modalee81 said:
Heres the transcript of Hurley and Miles convo i found on another website:

Hurley: let me get this straight, all this has already happened?
Miles: Yes
H: So this conversation we are having right now, we already had?
M: Yes!
H: So what am I going to say next?
M: I donít know
H: Ha, then your theory is wrong
M: For the thousandth time you dingbat, the conversation already happened, but not for you and me, for you and me, its happening right now
H: Ok, answer me this, if this already happened to me, why donít I remember any of it?
M: Because once Ben turned that wheel, Time isnít a straight line for us anymore, or experiences in the past, and in the future happened before these experiences right now
H: say that again
M: Shoot me Please, please
H: Ha I cant shoot you because if I you die in 1977 you cant come back to the island thirty years from now
M: I can die, I have already come to the island on the freighter, any of us can die, because this is our present
H: But you said Ben cant die because he still has to grow up and be the leader of the others
M: Because this is his past
H: But when first captured Ben and Sayid tortured him, why wouldnít he remember being shot by that same guy when he was a kid
M: Huh I never thought of that
H: Huh

and the answer to their question about Ben remembering sayid was Richard said that if he helped Ben, he wouldn't remember the preceding events.

I don't need a transcript. I already watched the show and I have it on my DVR, and I remember what was said.

Sure, it may seem like that's what Richard was meaning. But why doesn't Sayid remember him? Did Richard give Sayid and the rest of the Losties the same treatment?
 9 years ago '06        #603
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Miles: Shoot me Please, please

Hurley: Ha I cant shoot you because if I you die in 1977 you cant come back to the island thirty years from now

Miles: I can die, I have already come to the island on the freighter, any of us can die, because this is our present

Hurley: But you said Ben cant die because he still has to grow up and be the leader of the others

Miles: Because this is his past
 9 years ago '06        #604
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 modalee81 said:
dude seriously please go back and watch the episode.

jesus christ even when the writers place the explanations right in front of our faces some people just ignore it.
What's funny is, whatever the writers say, you'd believe, right?

If they hinted that this was all a dream of Hurley's, you'd believe it, too?
 9 years ago '06        #605
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 -Phase One- said:
I don't need a transcript. I already watched the show and I have it on my DVR, and I remember what was said.

Sure, it may seem like that's what Richard was meaning. But why doesn't Sayid remember him? Did Richard give Sayid and the rest of the Losties the same treatment?
ARE U f**kING RETARDED!?!

It is Sayids PRESENT and it is BENS past so the O6 doesnt remember what happened in Dharma time while in 2007 because it is their PRESENT time not their past. Ben would have remembered them all if Richard hadnt taken him to the temple but the O6 doesnt remember because it hadnt happened yet to them because it is PRESENT time for them.

EASY f**kING CONCEPT
 9 years ago '08        #606
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 393 393
Wow!

...some people are as intelligent as bricks...

...if you did something when you were 37, how the hell are you supposed to remember doing it when you're 34?

Lost is currently operating on the premise of that question, and it clearly explains why Jack, Kate, Sayid, etc... do not know they have met Ben because his past is currently their present.

...it's so simple to understand, and people's inability to comprehend it is an indictment on common sense and the utter rampant lack of it.
 9 years ago '08        #607
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
Man, they are really fukken up this show. All this shiit is really starting to go down the toilet.

This was the second straight snoozer with a typical dope ending.

But Miles is still the dopest character on this show. Dude is hilarious. That last comment before Juliet threw them out telling her to ask Jack about time travel was classic.

And boy did they really k!ll Jack's character. Dude is like the Mohinder of Lost. Smh
 9 years ago '06        #608
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 get_ate said:
Wow!

...some people are as intelligent as bricks...

...if you did something when you were 37, how the hell are you supposed to remember doing it when you're 34?

Lost is currently operating on the premise of that question, and it clearly explains why Jack, Kate, Sayid, etc... do not know they have met Ben because his past is currently their present.

...it's so simple to understand, and people's inability to comprehend it is an indictment on common sense and the utter rampant lack of it.
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

thank you. finally someone else with common sense that understands the simple time travel concepts of Lost.
 9 years ago '06        #609
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 modalee81 said:

It is Sayids PRESENT and it is BENS past so the O6 doesnt remember what happened in Dharma time while in 2007 because it is their PRESENT time not their past. Ben would have remembered them all if Richard hadnt taken him to the temple but the O6 doesnt remember because it hadnt happened yet to them because it is PRESENT time for them.

EASY f**kING CONCEPT

Ha ha ha my fault. I mis-read your posts and I thought you were trying to tell me that this already happened before, that this is both Ben and Sayid's past.

Phase One: -1
 04-02-2009, 01:30 AM         #610
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I still don't like Kate.....last time I liked her was when we were flashbacking to her story of k!lling her dad and being sold out by her mom, after that she just got less and less interesting and more and more annoying to me.

This was a great ep. I don't know why ya'll in here arguing time travel we should all know by now since its become a sci-fi genre staple.......it will just make your head explode. Just ride it out and more often than not the writers will explain their time travel logic through the course of the show and thats what it is for that show.....ala the Hurley/Miles conversation.

The one thing I want to see is how Ben comes back and is accepted into the Dharma Initiative again because if I remember correctly he grew up with them before he betrayed them. He didn't chill with the Others for years and then come back grown and k!ll everyone. Does Sawyer keep the fact that Ben stole the keys to himself? I figure yes, they've already made it pretty clear that they won't be warning the Dharma people of their impending doom.
 04-02-2009, 01:40 AM         #611
beauxjangles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:

EASY f**kING CONCEPT
modalee81 you make perfect sense and you are right about how the show tonight explained it perfectly. I get that the O6 present is Ben's past.

How do you explain this? How do the O6 exist in 2 different forms at the same time? We can a.ssume that they were all born before 1977 right? So how do they exist on the island at age 30 something in 1977 and in the US or Korea or Iraq as a kid in 1977 at the same time?
 9 years ago '06        #612
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 beauxjangles said:
modalee81 you make perfect sense and you are right about how the show tonight explained it perfectly. I get that the O6 present is Ben's past.

How do you explain this? How do the O6 exist in 2 different forms at the same time? We can a.ssume that they were all born before 1977 right? So how do they exist on the island at age 30 something in 1977 and in the US or Korea or Iraq as a kid in 1977 at the same time?
I have no idea because the show has not touched on that yet but one reason could be that the island is always moving through space like Mrs Hawkings said meaning (possibly) that the time on the actual island could be independent to the time it is moving through. That could be completely wrong, I really hadnt thought of this yet and it is an interesting question.
 9 years ago '04        #613
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 4282 4282
lmao some of yall are dumb as f**k

foreal.. it aint that hard a concept to grasp...

episode was borin besides hurley/miles, and that last scene with richard. gotdamn hes the man. [][]

insight on ben goin into the temple was dope.... i think that has something to do with the smoke monster... and finalllly more ben flashbacks next episode. hopefully we'll see henry gale and bens meeting.... shuld be a good episode..
 04-02-2009, 06:49 AM         #614
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Propel Water said:
lmao some of yall are dumb as f**k

foreal.. it aint that hard a concept to grasp...

episode was borin besides hurley/miles, and that last scene with richard. gotdamn hes the man. [][]

insight on ben goin into the temple was dope.... i think that has something to do with the smoke monster... and finalllly more ben flashbacks next episode. hopefully we'll see henry gale and bens meeting.... shuld be a good episode..
well i know from seeing the commercial for next weeks episode that we'll probably get to see Smokey in it and maybe it does have something to do with it...
 9 years ago '05        #615
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 beauxjangles said:

Well that is one of the natures of time travel that I'm sure they will get at to help viewers. I know for sure Locke is born by now, so if it were possible he could go back and say what up to his younger self. Then you get into that "Timecop" s**t, where they have that rule that same matter can't occupy the same space. So you couldn't actually go up and touch your former self or you would explode or something.

The question is: Who says Ben doesn't remember everything? He is the only person PRESENT ON THE ISLAND WITH HIS FORMER SELF. I didn't believe what Richard said anyway. What techniques of healing would make him forget everything about himself? Maybe if he is correct, we'll learn more about whether they are from the future or not. If Richard isn't, this could all be a ruse. Ben talking to his former self, telling him what happened could still be possible. Which means Ben is just a good liar and actor, which we've all known, because in theory he could have remembered something about all of them.

And the next episode looks good as hell. If Ben "broke the rules" then is he truly the bad guy? What does that make Whidmore? I loved this episode. If Juliet doesn't end up with Sawyer I'm going to be pissed. I wouldn't really care so much who she ends up with, as long as she's happy. She's so f**kin hot.

Last edited by OMEGAMAN; 04-02-2009 at 08:04 AM..
 04-02-2009, 08:14 AM         #616
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:

Listen, dude. It is pretty obvious that at some point Faraday will be forced to tell her what he told her in her past.

We havnt seen it yet, but its gonna happen. Some type of event or circumstance will take place where he has to realize he has to tell her that.

God damn i'm annoyed with the ignorance in this thread.

Nothing that has happened so far has gone against the "Whatever happened, happened" line that Faraday put out.

LOL ill say it again the interpretations of what happens or what will happen on this show are subjective and endless... you may be right, but you may also be wrong, but either way until we actually find out on the show your theory and everybody else's is subjective... Im not one of the people that try to figure the show out in advance i watch and take it as it comes..
 9 years ago '05        #617
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
^^^"What happened, happened" was set up by Farraday. I don't think its a coincidence that this dude has been MIA for a minute now. He clearly wants to try and save Charlotte so that is the rule for now, but like you said lets see how the story plays out. They can definitely change things and probably will before everything is said and done.
 9 years ago '08        #618
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
BTW, it looks like Ben tries to do something with Penny.
 04-02-2009, 10:38 AM         #619
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wanna know what would happen if Jack put his ego aside for a minute and listened to people for a change.. like what would have happened had he listened to Locke in the first place, or this episode if he would have listened to everybody and operated on ben... ben would have never been taken to the others. Jacks poor decisions seem to keep the story going. Maybe its fate that Jacks wrong choices always seem to get the island what it wants
 04-02-2009, 10:40 AM         #620
goldarm12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i disagree
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ĎStar Wars: The Last Jedií Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago