LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #481
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2312 2312
I think Desmond and the hatch exploding has something to do with why he is special
 9 years ago '04        #482
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4302 4302
 modalee81 said:
I think Desmond and the hatch exploding has something to do with why he is special
yeah man bc only after that he was able to see into the future's timeline...
 9 years ago '08        #483
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 399 399
 Propel Water said:
the lost timeline is easy to understand - You cant change the future, bc its destiny.

destiny and fate play a key role in the show... i used to think that they culd in fact change the future... but im just going have to say that faradays theory is rite as far as we know so far.

the only thing i dont understand is why desmond can change it ie, postponing charlies death
True.

Even Sophocles knew that you couldn't change the future.

Read Oedipus, the King and you'll come to the consensus that fate is inevitable, and attempts to run away from it only lead you to run head long into it.

Same with Charlie. Yeah, his death was postponed, but he still lost and Fate was chalked a W.
 03-24-2009, 10:58 AM         #484
Egat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who else rekons that the show will end with ben k!lling them all and us finding out that the people in the ditch was the oceanic 815 folks all along?

...its a thought.
 9 years ago '05        #485
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
 get_ate said:
True.

Even Sophocles knew that you couldn't change the future.

Read Oedipus, the King and you'll come to the consensus that fate is inevitable, and attempts to run away from it only lead you to run head long into it.

Same with Charlie. Yeah, his death was postponed, but he still lost and Fate was chalked a W.

I'm starting to think Faraday was wrong, and they can change how things happened. An example of this would be how Dharmaville is now in ruins when Sun and Frank meet up with Christian...it looks as the Others never occupied it.
 9 years ago '04        #486
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4302 4302
 Truth33 said:
I'm starting to think Faraday was wrong, and they can change how things happened. An example of this would be how Dharmaville is now in ruins when Sun and Frank meet up with Christian...it looks as the Others never occupied it.
the others did occupy it, but then they left for the temple once keamy and his men came in shooting the place up, ben called the smoke monster to destroy them, then keamy blew himself up...s**t just got f**ked up bby all that...

new theory i was thinking of.. the incident that everyone talks about but no one nose what it is. what if the incident is what actully brings them back to the present to sun and lapedius' time. faraday figures something out bc right now hes just in the wind, and they use the power in the swan to get them back to the present
 03-24-2009, 07:36 PM         #487
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What has become of The Others?

I like to imagine they're performing some weird ritualistic dance inside the Temple, with Richard right in the middle wearing pharaoh clothing, and he keeps repeating the lyrics to Walk Like An Egyptian over and over.

But that's just me...
 03-25-2009, 01:58 PM         #488
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i gotta watch last weeks episode again. i cant wait for tonights though
 03-25-2009, 05:57 PM         #489
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The sneak peeks were amazing. I cannot wait to see the scene with Sayid. Bring it on...
 9 years ago '08        #490
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
Ok, thanks to another thread, I finally got an idea to where Lost is getting at with the time travel.

The movie 12 Monkeys.
 03-25-2009, 07:39 PM         #491
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When Mikhail is being led out of the Flame, he says that the purge was when DHARMA attacked THEM!

Could the perceived "purge" not be what we saw it to be?

Could all of those dead DHARMA-ites just be victims of an ill-planned a.ssault on the Hostiles???

I do find this very interesting, and I can't wait to find out what really happened.

Here is the Mikhail dialogue from the "Enter 77" transcript:

SAYID: What happened to the DHARMA Initiative?
MIKHAIL: They’re all dead, of course. They foolishly initiated a war against The Hostiles, the purge they called it.
SAYID: How did you survive this purge?
MIKHAIL: By not participating in it. I told you, I like being alone.
SAYID: And the hostiles allowed you to stay here?
MIKHAIL: After it was over, four men appeared in the yard. They offered a truce. They said to imagine a line that extended all the way across the valley. As long as I did not cross it, I would be left alone. Then they took two cows and I never saw them again.
KATE: They weren’t interested in the satellite dish in the yard?
MIKHAIL: Why wouldn’t they be? It hasn’t functioned for years.
SAYID: Who are they, these Hostiles?
MIKHAIL: I do not know. But they were here a long time before we were. A very long time.
 03-25-2009, 07:56 PM         #492
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All the info we have on the Purge so far has come from folks with agendas. I would love a resolution to all the seemingly conflicting info about the Purge:
  • * Ben says that the Purge was not his decision, but rather, it was the decision of the leader of the Hostiles (which cannot be Widmore because he has almost certainly been exiled by this time).
  • * Ben says that he made a decision that caused the Purge.
  • * Mikhail says that the DI initiated the Purge.
  • * Charlotte says Ben has used the Tempest to gas people before.

I can think of a couple scenarios in which all the following statements could all be true, but I'm not completely happy with how they turn the story.
 9 years ago '04        #493
shookid 
space
space
space
$1,581 | Props total: 0 0
I guess we are starting to see why Ben became so evil. Nikka is a G!
 9 years ago '08        #494
TheHighLife 
space
space
$335 | Props total: 54 54
only if Ben made his dad a sandwich once in awhile... maybe he'd be a little nicer

Last edited by TheHighLife; 03-25-2009 at 08:55 PM..
 03-25-2009, 09:02 PM         #495
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TPTB NEVER DISAPPOINT...:jawdrop:
 03-25-2009, 09:03 PM         #496
Jon Quest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my mind exploded in the last minute of that episode
 9 years ago '05        #497
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 24 24
wtf, this guy aint gonna die somehow??
 03-25-2009, 09:06 PM         #498
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
holy s**t
 03-25-2009, 09:06 PM         #499
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlaznHizzle said:
wtf, this guy aint gonna die somehow??
maybe jack performs some sorta surgery on him
 9 years ago '05        #500
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
Jaw-dropping.

So we know Ben lives from all this. But the promo had a great clue. They said that they caused all of this. So they finally figure out them coming back makes everything happen.

Maybe this is what pisses Ben off. helping people gets him shot. This is why he manipulates all of them because he knows tons more than they do, and knows who needs to live and who needs to die.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy