LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
64 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #441
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
 all3rd said:
So I guess Sun going to find Jin somehow on the version of the island she is at (which I think is the 2030 rumor) to end this year and he will be really old??? I know thats random but does anyone else think this?
They are in the year 2007 because the rest of the O6 is in the year 1977 and when they showed the plane crash at the start it then said 30 years earlier and flashed to Lafleur and them.
 03-19-2009, 01:55 AM         #442
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I want to see how they sort out all of this time travel sh*t, its one of the trickiest plot devices to pull off right. I mean are they changing the past or were they always a part of it? Would Ethan been born if not for Juliet? Did Ben always know of Sayid and the rest? If they were in the past how did they get back to the present and have no knowledge of their past on the island. yadda yadda yadda.

Still can't get enough of this show.
 9 years ago '07        #443
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1524 1524
 Reppindaburghh said:
When he said Faraday is "gone" I think he just meant is mind is elsewhere, he is like a mad scientist now and sh*t never leaves whatever hut hes living in. And how is this show making Sawyer look bad? This was one of Sawyers best episodes in the series. When he told Julliet that Jack and company were back on the island he did some solid a.ss acting, actually sent chills down my spine.

Anyway, the baby being Ethan, whoever in this thread called that, props to you. But Ben at the end was fu*king awesome.

Anyway, for some reason the episode overall didnt meet my expectations. It should have been GREAT after a two week hiatus. There were some good parts, but they didnt explain a God damn thing!

Also, I was drunk as sh*t when I saw it, but what episode ended with Locke and the new arab character from the movie Traitor walking through that dark room with all the injured people and finding Ben laying there. And why the fu*k wasnt that explored during this episode?
all of this happen like the day before Locke was even discovered. It showed how Ben became injured. The next episode'll prolly be what you were looking for.
 9 years ago '08        #444
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 magatsu said:
I want to see how they sort out all of this time travel sh*t, its one of the trickiest plot devices to pull off right. I mean are they changing the past or were they always a part of it? Would Ethan been born if not for Juliet? Did Ben always know of Sayid and the rest? If they were in the past how did they get back to the present and have no knowledge of their past on the island. yadda yadda yadda.

That's what my friend and I were trying to figure out. It may help explain how Ben knew who all of these survivors were (i.e. Charlotte, Sawyer, Sayid).

Even Juliett knew about their past.

But its pretty tricky to figure out. It seems like its one big loop but has it always been like this?
 03-19-2009, 10:16 AM         #445
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
someone on another forum posted this picture, someone or soemthing is behind sun.

from what looks like an arm it sorta looks like hurley but that doesnt make sense, it also looks like the person is carrying something

[pic - click to view]

03-19-2009, 10:18 AM         #446
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i also think that in '77 ben is already aligned with richard and the mustard on the sandwich comment to sayid was some sort of code and in the bag is a key or a gun or something
 9 years ago '07        #447
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 RicFlair said:
someone on another forum posted this picture, someone or soemthing is behind sun.

from what looks like an arm it sorta looks like hurley but that doesnt make sense, it also looks like the person is carrying something

[pic - click to view]

thats spooky.

and that mustard theory you have isn't too farfetched. I actually noticed when he said that, thinking "why would he be worried about mustard on a sandwich he didn't ask for?"
 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM         #448
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you look really closely

[pic - click to view]

03-19-2009, 11:44 AM         #449
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '07        #450
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
I wonder exactly where that is in the show though? I wanna look at it on abc.com
 9 years ago '06        #451
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
 RicFlair said:

[pic - click to view]

Its quite obvious to me that the women behind Sun is supposed to represent Claire and since the actor wont be appearing this season on the show they just used a stand in and made it hard to see her. Also in that scene it seemed like the smoke monster or something else entered the room as Christian was showing the pic to Lapedus and Sun.
 03-19-2009, 02:28 PM         #452
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 all3rd said:
Could that be an error like a lighting person in the shot?
this show is to complex and detailed for an error like that to happen.. if something is in there its supposed to be in there
 03-19-2009, 02:46 PM         #453
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 80sbabyent said:
this show is to complex and detailed for an error like that to happen.. if something is in there its supposed to be in there
:iagree:
 9 years ago '07        #454
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 modalee81 said:
Its quite obvious to me that the women behind Sun is supposed to represent Claire and since the actor wont be appearing this season on the show they just used a stand in and made it hard to see her. Also in that scene it seemed like the smoke monster or something else entered the room as Christian was showing the pic to Lapedus and Sun.
wow. I agree with the clair part. but when the door opened nobody entered ???

maybe jacob?

I thought that baby was gonna be Jacob, too bad it was Ethan :(
 03-19-2009, 02:56 PM         #455
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love how Sawyer went off on Jack because the DAY Jack gets back, he gives Sawyer crap. Sawyer simply puts Jack in his place, it is not the time or place for Jack to be a leader, it is time for Jack to listen. Sawyer knows his job and is doing it, but I feel that if he came off harsh it was necessary.

Sawyer did what he had to in order to save himself, Juliet, Miles, Dan, Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid. If Sawyer exposed whom he and his friends are they would all be screwed. He has to play it safe and that is exactly what he is doing. Besides he has to improvise, it was bad luck that Sayid happened to wander near the Flame w/ Radsinsky there.....if Sawyer or Jin were able to find Sayid alone then they could have protected him more. But that is not the case, and if Sawyer tries to make Sayid innocent and say let him go or lets take him in the initiative, then the DI will really really start to get suspicious.

Regardless, when the time comes I think Sawyer will not abandon his true friends (the O5). He will stick with them. That preview we have for next week when Sawyer head butts Sayid could mean lots of things....he could be knocking Sayid out and then taking him outside of the perimeter and letting him go, telling him if he wants to live he has to stay away for right now....because the DI will k!ll him or something. Or it could mean that Sawyer really is going to hurt Sayid, but I don't think he would do that.
 9 years ago '04        #456
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,068 | Props total: 589 589
^ Well, I doubt the Dharma Initiative would k!ll Sayid simply because of the truce, unless they figured that Sayid wasn't with the hostiles. Either way, Sawyer is still playing on Locke's team, which is basically anyone who came back to the island. I mean him and Juliet are living a false life, but it's all part of the plan (no Joker).

BTW, new episode was fu*king awesome. I see others caught on to Claire in the back when Sun and Frank were in the cabin with Christian. I think it's obvious it was Claire since we all remembered Claire's last appearance was with Christian in that cabin. Didn't Claire know who her father was? I think she did [can't remember, it's been so long and I need to plan a re-watch].

I like that this episode sorta showcased the events that led to Ben being in the barracks where Locke will discover him in his unconscious state. And I guess now we're going to see Sun try to go back to 1977 where Jin is.

And :applause: to Sawyer puttin' Jack's bi*ch a.ss in place. n*gga, he fu*ked both your bi*ches, so just shut the fu*k up. He was able to get him, Juliet, Jin and Miles in the Dharma Initiative, he was able to get the others in the O6 into Dharma within minutes of them just appearing out of nowhere; the man's on his sh*t. He's a con artist, he knows how to make sh*t happen. I always said Sawyer was the best character on this show. Others may not agree with me, but whatever, even with this watered-down version of himself, he's still the sh*t.

And LOL @ Juliet's response once Amy said the name given to her baby. It looked like she wanted to spike that baby right into the ground.
 03-19-2009, 03:13 PM         #457
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ hey Izzy!

DHARMA said:
Well, people obviously DIE during the Incident and the Purge.
yea, but you didnt need to mention anything about a possible main character getting k!lled and then putting it in your post (regardless of putting it in a sort of spoiler text)...

im just saying.. i knew who it was.. but some people want to go into these episodes blind... they dont watch the sneak peeks or anything... i dont blame them... so just be careful what you say man...

-Phase One- said:
Good episode. Next week's looks better.

Guess the baby was Ethan after all.

The show has made Sawyer's character into a tool.

and where the hell is Faraday? Did I miss something? (Or is this where he was underground with the workers in the 1st episode, while everything in this episode was going on?)
a tool? how so? he's clearly a much better leader than Jack ever was.. and he's been leading for a hell of a lot longer than Jack has too....

not sure how him standing up to Jack makes him a tool... or how anything he's done in these last 2 episodes makes him a tool in any way at all...

and Sawyer said Faraday wasnt around anymore or was "gone"... i highly doubt he's just working at the Orchid... it appears to have been quite a long time since anyone has seen him...

Reppindaburghh said:
When he said Faraday is "gone" I think he just meant is mind is elsewhere, he is like a mad scientist now and sh*t never leaves whatever hut hes living in. And how is this show making Sawyer look bad? This was one of Sawyers best episodes in the series. When he told Julliet that Jack and company were back on the island he did some solid a.ss acting, actually sent chills down my spine.

Anyway, the baby being Ethan, whoever in this thread called that, props to you. But Ben at the end was fu*king awesome.

Anyway, for some reason the episode overall didnt meet my expectations. It should have been GREAT after a two week hiatus. There were some good parts, but they didnt explain a God damn thing!

Also, I was drunk as sh*t when I saw it, but what episode ended with Locke and the new arab character from the movie Traitor walking through that dark room with all the injured people and finding Ben laying there. And why the fu*k wasnt that explored during this episode?

they put this break where they did for a reason... this episode starts an entirely new arc in the story-telling for the rest of the season... this episode is a set up for things to come... the first half of the season was entirely different, imo... and now we've started a new arc... Damon and Carlton's exact words were...

"The reunion in Wednesday's episode "sets the template for what the show's going to be in the next phase of storytelling,"

so.. yea, it makes sense to have that break where they did.... it may not have been the best episode of LOST ever... but i enjoyed it a lot... and it did answer some questions... like, who Amy's baby was... how Jack, Kate and Hurley would get involved in Dharmaville... what happened to Sayid after the plane crash... where the hell Sun and Frank were... etc..... i wouldnt expect huge answers and sh*t right now.... like next week we'll probably find out how Sayid ended up on Flight 316 in cuffs... not what the smoke monster is... lol

and the episode that ended with Locke looking over Ben's body with Caesar was The Life and death of Jeremy Bentham... episode 7..... unfortunately i dont think we'll be seeing Locke for awhile :(

Reppindaburghh said:
Wow I just realized something...

If Ben met Sayid when he was a kid, and i'm gonna a.ssume he meets Jack, Kate, Sawyer and company also while hes a kid, that means him as an adult always knew them. I mean when they crashed on the island and he saw them, he knew exactly who they were. Thats why he knew all of there names when he first met them in season 1 or 2 or some sh*t. God damn thats fu*king ill as fu*k.
that would be the a.ssumption... altho i have a feeling that Damon and Carlton will throw us for a loop somewhere in there... remember when the Others psychologist said to Juliet, "you look just like her".... i bet Harper was actually referring to Juliet when she was back in the 70's with Dharma.... Ben didnt realize it was the same woman... but we'll see.... we always thought it was Annie that Harper was referring to.. but im more certain than ever that it's the Juliet in the 70's and something happens where young Ben is crushing on her or something.....

we'll see....

magatsu said:

whatever happened, happened.... they were always a part of the history of Dharma and all that.... they're not changing anything, they're just participating and playing the role they always had played in the past....

i LOVE the way they're approaching this whole time travel thing... they're not screwing up BIG TIME, like Heroes always does... it's like.. "oh, we fu*ked something up? ok.. lets go back in time 4 minutes and fix it"... THAT sh*t would be lame.... but the Losties were always part of the past, that's probably why it was so important that they get back to the island when they did....

KarteL13 said:
That's what my friend and I were trying to figure out. It may help explain how Ben knew who all of these survivors were (i.e. Charlotte, Sawyer, Sayid).

Even Juliett knew about their past.

But its pretty tricky to figure out. It seems like its one big loop but has it always been like this?
if you recall.. Ben asked for files on all the people in the plane when it crashed over the island and Mikhail was like, "im already working on it"....

Eddie.. said:

I thought that baby was gonna be Jacob, too bad it was Ethan :(
no way... Jacob was on the island WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before 1977... Locke mentioned Jacob to Richard back in 1954 and Richard had a shocked look on his face.... Jacob has been on the island just as long as or longer than Richard imo...

Last edited by _Monk; 03-19-2009 at 03:16 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #458
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 DHARMA said:
I love how Sawyer went off on Jack because the DAY Jack gets back, he gives Sawyer crap. Sawyer simply puts Jack in his place, it is not the time or place for Jack to be a leader, it is time for Jack to listen. Sawyer knows his job and is doing it, but I feel that if he came off harsh it was necessary.

Sawyer did what he had to in order to save himself, Juliet, Miles, Dan, Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid. If Sawyer exposed whom he and his friends are they would all be screwed. He has to play it safe and that is exactly what he is doing. Besides he has to improvise, it was bad luck that Sayid happened to wander near the Flame w/ Radsinsky there.....if Sawyer or Jin were able to find Sayid alone then they could have protected him more. But that is not the case, and if Sawyer tries to make Sayid innocent and say let him go or lets take him in the initiative, then the DI will really really start to get suspicious.

Regardless, when the time comes I think Sawyer will not abandon his true friends (the O5). He will stick with them. That preview we have for next week when Sawyer head butts Sayid could mean lots of things....he could be knocking Sayid out and then taking him outside of the perimeter and letting him go, telling him if he wants to live he has to stay away for right now....because the DI will k!ll him or something. Or it could mean that Sawyer really is going to hurt Sayid, but I don't think he would do that.
The thing is, Jack never wanted to be a "leader". Jack's reaction to Sawyer wasn't even in the bitter state. It seemed like Jack was cool with it on some "ok, handle the lead but you'll see all the bullshiit I went through".

To me, Sawyer just popped off because their obvious tension in the whole love rectangle. Jack has been simping it lately but he is still one of the main characters of the show so I won't be surprised if Sawyer comes crawling back for help.
 03-19-2009, 03:23 PM         #459
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think Jack is all about going with the flow at this point, i mean he really doesnt seem to give a sh*t about Sawyer running things too much... i think he just wants to know WHY he's there... i think Jack is looking for his calling... he now believes what Locke has always told him... that he's there for a reason... and i think he's just waiting to see why he's there... and im guessing we'll find out along with Jack very soon... definitely before the finale....
 9 years ago '08        #460
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 _Monk said:
i think Jack is all about going with the flow at this point, i mean he really doesnt seem to give a sh*t about Sawyer running things too much... i think he just wants to know WHY he's there... i think Jack is looking for his calling... he now believes what Locke has always told him... that he's there for a reason... and i think he's just waiting to see why he's there... and im guessing we'll find out along with Jack very soon... definitely before the finale....
Yep. That's the way I see it too. Jack don't give a fukk about who's calling the shots.

But the thing that irks me the most is Lost's new version of the time travel concept.

To me, it doesn't make sense that the survivors are now back in time and have no way of altering how the future pans out. Sayid meeting a young ben, Juliet a.ssisting with the birth of Ethan, etc.

I just don't see how interactions don't affect your future path.

But if it always happened like that its one big loop....then we're in for some serious brain wars.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago