LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 140
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 139
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 134
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 88
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM         #381
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder who is living in Ben's house on the island in the 70's. He has that secret room which he may have built but it was probably there because he was able to control the smoke monster from there. It could be Horace's house or maybe Pierre Chang.

Do you think that we will find out or they have too much to get through and will just let it go?


Last edited by DHARMA; 03-05-2009 at 04:00 PM..
 03-05-2009, 04:10 PM         #382
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Richard Alpert Timeline

1954 - Locke Visits Richard Alpert on Island and returns the compass to hime
1956 - Richard Alpert visits hospital where Locke was born

1961 - Alpert Visits Locke at his Foster Home

1972- Alpert (unseen) attempts to bring teen Locke to camp ("Cabin Fever")
1974 - Sawyer meets Alpert and lets him know he k!lled his men

Mid 70's - Alpert meets Kid Benjamin Linus in the forest (Ben was Born in the early 60's, Ben was 11 when he came to the Island. My gut tells me this happened in 1973 but could this have happened BEFORE Sawyer meeting Alpert? I.E. is Kid Ben in the DHARMA camp already when Sawyer's group shows up?)

1992 - Alpert Leads the Purge, k!lling off the DHARMA Initiative.

2001 - Alpert recruits Juliet off Island
2004 - Alpert gives Locke Sawyer's file

2004 - Alpert gives compass to Locke

Heres the biggest Question mark for me right now.

Mid 70's - Alpert meets Kid Benjamin Linus in the forest (Ben was Born in the early 60's, Ben was 11 when he came to the Island. My gut tells me this happened in 1973 but could this have happened BEFORE Sawyer meeting Alpert? I.E. is Kid Ben in the DHARMA camp already when Sawyer's group shows up?)

I like the idea that when the submarine returns in two weeks (probably next episode) Young Ben will be on it.

Because Ben's arrival will be a big deal --- James, et al., will be watching new arrivals (even if they're just watching for Locke and the O-6 to come back that way) and would not have missed something that epic.
 9 years ago '04        #383
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4304 4304
 DHARMA said:
Richard Alpert Timeline

1954 - Locke Visits Richard Alpert on Island and returns the compass to hime
1956 - Richard Alpert visits hospital where Locke was born

1961 - Alpert Visits Locke at his Foster Home

1972- Alpert (unseen) attempts to bring teen Locke to camp ("Cabin Fever")
1974 - Sawyer meets Alpert and lets him know he k!lled his men

Mid 70's - Alpert meets Kid Benjamin Linus in the forest (Ben was Born in the early 60's, Ben was 11 when he came to the Island. My gut tells me this happened in 1973 but could this have happened BEFORE Sawyer meeting Alpert? I.E. is Kid Ben in the DHARMA camp already when Sawyer's group shows up?)

1992 - Alpert Leads the Purge, k!lling off the DHARMA Initiative.

2001 - Alpert recruits Juliet off Island
2004 - Alpert gives Locke Sawyer's file

2004 - Alpert gives compass to Locke

Heres the biggest Question mark for me right now.

Mid 70's - Alpert meets Kid Benjamin Linus in the forest (Ben was Born in the early 60's, Ben was 11 when he came to the Island. My gut tells me this happened in 1973 but could this have happened BEFORE Sawyer meeting Alpert? I.E. is Kid Ben in the DHARMA camp already when Sawyer's group shows up?)

I like the idea that when the submarine returns in two weeks (probably next episode) Young Ben will be on it.

Because Ben's arrival will be a big deal --- James, et al., will be watching new arrivals (even if they're just watching for Locke and the O-6 to come back that way) and would not have missed something that epic.
i figure ben is on the island already as a kid. and i think in these upcoming weeks we will see the purge, depending on how long they drag it out everything else. maybe season finale?

i think we will get a couple shocking deaths from the purge.
 03-05-2009, 05:00 PM         #384
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Someone on another forum suggested Sekhmet, rather than Anubis, with the following additional points:

Sekhmet became identified in some later cults as a daughter of the new sun god, Ra, when his cult merged with and supplanted the worship of Horus (RA? Richard Alpert? Horace? hmm...)

Sekhmet was believed to protect the pharaoh in battle, stalking the land, and destroying the pharaoh's enemies with arrows of fire (mysterious arrow attack?)

Sekhmet also was seen as a bringer of disease as well as the provider of cures to such ills. (Ben's issues, curing Rose's cancer, healing Locke?)
 03-05-2009, 06:55 PM         #385
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
So the baby that was born. "Its a boy." Was that Ben being born? Thats my best guess. The son of the current leader of Dharma?

My mind is officially blown.


The scene with Sawyer and Richard>>>>


Richard is easily the greatest character on this show. Any scene with him in it is some of the greatest sh*t i've seen in my lifetime on television.
We saw Ben being born on the side of that road. His mom died after giving birth and it led his father and Ben to the island.
 03-05-2009, 07:54 PM         #386
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here's a theory i saw on the Anubis reference and i think it sounds really good...

Do the research you will see the statue is of Anubis ... which is a deity that protects the dead and weights their hearts, if the heart is light then he will guide them through the afterlife and if hearts and heavy he gives them to another deity which destroys the souls. the interesting feature to this all is the Cerebrus which is what the black smoke monster is called is the Greek reincarnate of Anubis. so this explains why the monster is black smoke as well. Anubis and Cerebus and Egyptian and Greek gods. In essence the statue is saying that Anubis/Cerebus is on the island and they are honoring him. This is why the Frenchman said that smoke is a security system of the temple. The temple could be a burial ground or some type of resurrection tomb.


BAM!

i like it....

 Reppindaburghh said:
So the baby that was born. "Its a boy." Was that Ben being born? Thats my best guess. The son of the current leader of Dharma?
it's definitely someone we know.. and my guess is Ethan... Ben was born just outside of Portland in the woods...

 Propel Water said:
nah man...ben is already alive and living in the dharma camp at this time, we should see him join forces with richard very soon. i think the 06, the new surviviors and sawyer's crew are going to get caught up in the purge.

they changed the timeline tho!

orginally horace was married to olivia...back in season 3 "man behind the curtain" now since sawyer saved amy and she didnt die, he married amy and not olivia.
Ben was born in the early 60's and right now we're in, what? 1974? so Ben is definitely on the island as a child right now and has probably just met Richard...

and i have the same theory as you.. the Purge is going to play a major role in the finale... i dont know how they're going to do it.. but obviously the theory of, "whatever happened... happened" doesnt ring true.. i mean, you have to be able to make changes, obviously.. Daniel put a memory in Desmond's head... of course he did say Desmond was the exception to the rule... but clearly they need to move out of the past somehow or risk being part of the Purge..

the whole Olivia and Amy thing does have me confused... mainly because of what Daniel says about changing timelines... but it's obviously been changed... Olivia was married to Horace when Ben was a child and on the island... so either we'll be getting more info or this is a major continuity error... i find it hard to believe that Damon and Carlton would let anything this major slip through their fingers.... so maybe they will take the route of timelines being changed... we'll see...

 SPYTAH said:
this show really has me with more questions every episode. I love that. Honestly one of the best shows on television. But I heard something about them doing two more seasons and then a movie to end it. I am hoping if they do a movie that they dont end up like x files, that movie was horrible.
Wrong.

the show ENDS at the end of season 6... that is it.. no movie.. no nothing.. that's the end of it... Damon and Carlton have confirmed this many times.. they have said the show started on television and will end there, after season 6 comes to a close.
 9 years ago '05        #387
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,466 | Props total: 7111 7111
 DHARMA said:
Richard Alpert Timeline

1954 - Locke Visits Richard Alpert on Island and returns the compass to hime
1956 - Richard Alpert visits hospital where Locke was born

1961 - Alpert Visits Locke at his Foster Home

1972- Alpert (unseen) attempts to bring teen Locke to camp ("Cabin Fever")
1974 - Sawyer meets Alpert and lets him know he k!lled his men

Mid 70's - Alpert meets Kid Benjamin Linus in the forest (Ben was Born in the early 60's, Ben was 11 when he came to the Island. My gut tells me this happened in 1973 but could this have happened BEFORE Sawyer meeting Alpert? I.E. is Kid Ben in the DHARMA camp already when Sawyer's group shows up?)

1992 - Alpert Leads the Purge, k!lling off the DHARMA Initiative.

2001 - Alpert recruits Juliet off Island
2004 - Alpert gives Locke Sawyer's file

2004 - Alpert gives compass to Locke

Heres the biggest Question mark for me right now.

Mid 70's - Alpert meets Kid Benjamin Linus in the forest (Ben was Born in the early 60's, Ben was 11 when he came to the Island. My gut tells me this happened in 1973 but could this have happened BEFORE Sawyer meeting Alpert? I.E. is Kid Ben in the DHARMA camp already when Sawyer's group shows up?)

I like the idea that when the submarine returns in two weeks (probably next episode) Young Ben will be on it.

Because Ben's arrival will be a big deal --- James, et al., will be watching new arrivals (even if they're just watching for Locke and the O-6 to come back that way) and would not have missed something that epic.
fu*king brilliant.

Thats exactly whats going to happen.

Great fu*king call.

Hopefully that'll be in the next episode.
 9 years ago '07        #388
Just1Spark 
space
avatar space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
Nice comments everyone. Did anyone else notice when Sawyer mentions Richard wearing eyeliner? Egyptians wore eyeliner so maybe Richard is a part of the whole Egypt theory.

Also why wasn't Richard dressing like a bum in this episode. In episode 3.20 during Ben's flashbacks Richard had a full beard, long hair, and dingy clothes. But on Wednesday he was clean cut.

Also the necklace Amy took from Paul looks a lot like the necklace Anubis is holding in this picture and on the Lost statue. Hurley was also painting a Sphinx in the Jeremy Bentham episode


[pic - click to view]



Last edited by Just1Spark; 03-06-2009 at 07:52 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #389
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4304 4304
 Just1Spark said:
Nice comments everyone. Did anyone else notice when Sawyer mentions Richard wearing eyeliner? Egyptians wore eyeliner so maybe Richard is a part of the whole Egypt theory.

Also why wasn't Richard dressing like a bum in this episode. In episode 3.20 during Ben's flashbacks Richard had a full beard, long hair, and dingy clothes. But on Wednesday he was clean cut.

Also the necklace Amy took from Paul looks a lot like the necklace Anubis is holding in this picture and on the Lost statue. Hurley was also painting a Sphinx in the Jeremy Bentham episode


[pic - click to view]

when the french guys go into that temple with the whole, where the monster dragged montag theres hieroglyphics on the wall
 03-06-2009, 08:46 AM         #390
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there are hieroglyphics everywhere on this show.. on the wall Ben moved to "summon" the smoke monster... in the Swan hatch on the timer... where the frozen donkey wheel is.... all over..


oh and btw.. if Amy DOES give birth to Ethan.. that means the timeline never was altered because, as you all know, he was born and grew to be k!lled by Charlie... so.. yea... i dont know how this is going to be approached...


Last edited by _Monk; 03-06-2009 at 08:47 AM..
 03-06-2009, 10:10 AM         #391
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wanna know how the purge is going to occur since most of them are now stuck in the 70s


we gonna have a flash forward to sawyer and them being in their 50's-60's?


another time travel? even though locke apparently fixed that sh*t?
 9 years ago '08        #392
SXL 
space
avatar space
space
$430 | Props total: 1 1
Why did the red haired girl disappear? you think people can't be on the island if there's a past copy of themselves already on there?
 03-06-2009, 11:57 AM         #393
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SXL said:
Why did the red haired girl disappear? you think people can't be on the island if there's a past copy of themselves already on there?
im leaning more towards its because she died, once dead she would stay in that time instead of jumping around with the rest of the crew.



i dont think its because the past copy thing, sawyer saw kate delivering claires baby, meaning sawyer was also around some where.
 9 years ago '04        #394
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4304 4304
 _Monk said:
there are hieroglyphics everywhere on this show.. on the wall Ben moved to "summon" the smoke monster... in the Swan hatch on the timer... where the frozen donkey wheel is.... all over..


oh and btw.. if Amy DOES give birth to Ethan.. that means the timeline never was altered because, as you all know, he was born and grew to be k!lled by Charlie... so.. yea... i dont know how this is going to be approached...
i cant see it being ethan. i figure that the baby wuld die in the purge along with everyone else around.. but thats as far as we know so far...who nose wit lost..
 9 years ago '08        #395
SXL 
space
avatar space
space
$430 | Props total: 1 1
 RicFlair said:
im leaning more towards its because she died, once dead she would stay in that time instead of jumping around with the rest of the crew.



i dont think its because the past copy thing, sawyer saw kate delivering claires baby, meaning sawyer was also around some where.

oh thats true they did jump after she was dead..
 03-06-2009, 03:08 PM         #396
KRiSH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they should play this all in order after the very last episode
 9 years ago '04        #397
V_Dot 
space
avatar space
space
$360 | Props total: 118 118
People...they never said Olivia & Horace was married. Her last name is Goodspeed, which means she coulda been his sister. If this is true, then Horace being married to Amy is cool, they don't have to explain what happened with Olivia.
 03-06-2009, 06:02 PM         #398
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont consider this stuff to be a spoiler, so ill post it here.. it's just the episode titles for the rest of the season... minus the season finale.. that episode title hasnt been released yet... here's what we have so far... i know who the next 3 episodes focus on.. but i wont post that here.. to avoid people getting upset over spoilers.... anyways...


Episode 9- Namaste
Episode 10- He's Our You
Episode 11- Whatever Happened Happened
Episode 12- Dead is Dead
Episode 13- Some Like it Hoth (yes... Hoth... not a typo.. check out Star Wars)
Episode 14- The Variable
Episode 15- Follow The Leader
Episode 16/17- 2hr finale... untitled


 V_Dot said:
People...they never said Olivia & Horace was married. Her last name is Goodspeed, which means she coulda been his sister. If this is true, then Horace being married to Amy is cool, they don't have to explain what happened with Olivia.
ah, touché... you are very right sir.. they could have easily been brother and sister.. not necessarily married or anything... i havent watched The Man Behind The Curtain in a minute so i dont really remember how their relationship appeared onscreen... good catch tho man...


Last edited by _Monk; 03-06-2009 at 06:04 PM..
 03-06-2009, 07:10 PM         #399
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Just1Spark said:
Nice comments everyone. Did anyone else notice when Sawyer mentions Richard wearing eyeliner? Egyptians wore eyeliner so maybe Richard is a part of the whole Egypt theory.

Also why wasn't Richard dressing like a bum in this episode. In episode 3.20 during Ben's flashbacks Richard had a full beard, long hair, and dingy clothes. But on Wednesday he was clean cut.

Also the necklace Amy took from Paul looks a lot like the necklace Anubis is holding in this picture and on the Lost statue. Hurley was also painting a Sphinx in the Jeremy Bentham episode


[pic - click to view]

2 pages back...
 03-06-2009, 07:12 PM         #400
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So Locke has already died once, and seemingly resurrected (John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life )... Anyway, what do people think about the possibilities of him taking on Richard Alpert-esk qualities in becoming 'ageless' both appearance / and in reality, perhaps from the day he originally died/sacrificed? Upon coming back to life on the island, I immediately saw a change in Locke's appearance; he was cleaner, lighter, dapper; reborn if you will.

Thoughts?

One of the things that struck me most in the episode was Locke's appearance ... and demeanor ... when he first arrived back on the island ....

He certainly looked dapper in that suit ....

Dirty old woman ogling aside, it was such a contrast to any Locke we have ever seen before ..... and even though he didn't seem entirely sure of "how" he got there at first ... there was just this confidence ...... it's hard to explain ... but refreshed and self a.ssured definitely would fit.

Loved the way he ate the mango and his comment about it .... seemed like a man who was experiencing something for the first time ... or in this case maybe from a different perspective ....

I don't think that it can be disputed really that Locke did experience some type of resurrection .... it is obvious that he died (nope, no Medusa spiders here, he was deader than a doornail) and yet now he is not dead .....

I am very interested in seeing if through his resurrection he has become ageless in a sense ... also very interested to see if Richard came to be what is a.ssumed to be such through a similar type of circumstance .....


Last edited by DHARMA; 03-06-2009 at 07:14 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy