LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-04-2009, 08:19 PM         #361
unkoricky 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ari a.ssistant in OLD SCHOOL and Herc from Friday Night Lights are in this episode
 9 years ago '05        #362
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 23 23
wtf.. this gets crazier by the week..

Last edited by BlaznHizzle; 03-04-2009 at 08:29 PM..
 03-04-2009, 09:11 PM         #363
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This show.....this fu*kin show.

So are they in the past during the present now? Are Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, Kate all in the late 70's/80's now? So are they now actually on the island before they were on the island?

Man......this show has come a long fu*kin way since the "what the fu*k is in the hatch" days.
 03-04-2009, 09:13 PM         #364
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sawyers the man
 03-04-2009, 09:14 PM         #365
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everytime Richard shows up on screen I get that "oh $HiT" feeling...

The scene with him and Horace was epic.

"Hello, Mr. Alpert."

"Hello, Mr. Goodspeed."

It was epic ... :agreement6:

I don't care what anyone says, Sawyer has grown up so much to the point that he can genuinely love someone.

Sawyer and Juliet looks good together! I hope Kate doesn't interfere when they finally meet. 'cause I know Sawyer won't make a first move.

That scene with them had AMAZING chemistry. And just maybe this will put to rest the love triangle!

Jack and Kate have been semi-together for 3 years. Kate was content to stay with Aaron and leave Sawyer on the island.

Sawyer and Juliet have obviously built a relationship for the past 3 years.

I think it is finally over.

What do you think?

Last edited by DHARMA; 03-04-2009 at 09:20 PM..
 03-04-2009, 09:22 PM         #366
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 Toed Statue

[pic - click to view]

My thoughts after pausing it on DVR are that it's a man in a skirt, appears to have pointy ears. Carrying something in each hand. Not wearing a shirt. I think it's the Egyptian god Thoth or Anubis, Thoth makes more sense to me but Anubis has the pointy ears. They don't show us the front on purpose, but I think the pointy ears are part of the mask.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

They're were quite a few Egyptian related things in this episode. Just adding em to all of the ones throughout the series, I guess. What with the Hatch numbers, and the Temple carvings.

I base my guess on all the egyptian references we're being fed, tonite with the ankh, hieroglyphics on the countdown timer and the temple, Richard and his guyliner.

I used to think Richard's excessively accented eyes was a clue, that maybe the fella was ancient Egyptian. I've since learned that the actor is sporting natural guyliner; but since Sawyer - Le Fleur - saw fit to refer to Richard's eyeliner in the episode, I'm going with my gut here:

Richard has been around since Tut was a tot.

Thoughts?

Last edited by DHARMA; 03-04-2009 at 09:58 PM..
 03-04-2009, 09:33 PM         #367
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ahhh the eyeliner part makes some sense my friend
 9 years ago '05        #368
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,965 | Props total: 3223 3223
 DHARMA said:
Everytime Richard shows up on screen I get that "oh $HiT" feeling...

The scene with him and Horace was epic.

"Hello, Mr. Alpert."

"Hello, Mr. Goodspeed."

It was epic ... :agreement6:

I don't care what anyone says, Sawyer has grown up so much to the point that he can genuinely love someone.

Sawyer and Juliet looks good together! I hope Kate doesn't interfere when they finally meet. 'cause I know Sawyer won't make a first move.

That scene with them had AMAZING chemistry. And just maybe this will put to rest the love triangle!

Jack and Kate have been semi-together for 3 years. Kate was content to stay with Aaron and leave Sawyer on the island.

Sawyer and Juliet have obviously built a relationship for the past 3 years.

I think it is finally over.

What do you think?
I think it's funny as hell that Juliet and Jack was at one point basically hooking up(I don't remember if they did or not, but they basically were about to), and Kate and Sawyer at one time were hooking up. Now it's like they switched partners or some sh*t..even though we all know Kate and Jack have always had a thing for each other.
 03-04-2009, 09:33 PM         #369
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There was so much in this episode that comes to mind now.

Like when Harper, the psychiatrist, tells Juliet that "you look just like her, no wonder why he likes you." Everyone was quite sure it was in reference to Ben's childhood love, Annie or his mother. However, it was probably in reference to Juliet herself, as she will likely see young Ben in time in the DI. What a mind-fu*k b/c he'll become a "Workman" while she's the Island mechanic.
 03-04-2009, 09:56 PM         #370
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah in an interview at ign the creators said that Richard doesn't wear any eyeliner or nothin, he just looks like that, which is probably why they threw that joke in the episode

"We'll also be seeing a lot more of Nestor Carbonell this season as the age-defying Other, Richard Alpert. A question was raised about the level of eyeliner that Richard wears and it was comically revealed that Lindelof had actually thought the same exact thing – that Nestor was wearing too much stage mascara. For those of us who also thought he was wearing lots of eye makeup in The Dark Knight, it turns out that's the way his eyes are naturally. "When we first saw the dailies of Nestor we thought we needed to talk to him about the mascara situation," laughed Lindelof. But as Lindelof will correlate, Nestor is "completely 100% sans-make-up."
 03-04-2009, 10:00 PM         #371
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im lost.
 9 years ago '05        #372
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
So the baby that was born. "Its a boy." Was that Ben being born? Thats my best guess. The son of the current leader of Dharma?

My mind is officially blown.

The scene with Sawyer and Richard>>>>

Richard is easily the greatest character on this show. Any scene with him in it is some of the greatest sh*t i've seen in my lifetime on television.
 9 years ago '04        #373
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 4282 4282
 Reppindaburghh said:
So the baby that was born. "Its a boy." Was that Ben being born? Thats my best guess. The son of the current leader of Dharma?

My mind is officially blown.

The scene with Sawyer and Richard>>>>

Richard is easily the greatest character on this show. Any scene with him in it is some of the greatest sh*t i've seen in my lifetime on television.
nah man...ben is already alive and living in the dharma camp at this time, we should see him join forces with richard very soon. i think the 06, the new surviviors and sawyer's crew are going to get caught up in the purge.

they changed the timeline tho!

orginally horace was married to olivia...back in season 3 "man behind the curtain" now since sawyer saved amy and she didnt die, he married amy and not olivia.
 9 years ago '05        #374
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
I definetly dont remember that ^^^^

How the sh*t do you people remember sh*t so vividly from years back?

Monk, i'm waitin for your take on what my man above me just said.

fu*k changing the timeline, i'm against that, that goes against the basic rules of time travel that we've had thrown in our faces.

Please say it aint so.
 03-04-2009, 10:45 PM         #375
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont think its ben being born

i also dont think ben will soon be teaming up with richard. i feel him and his father havent arrived yet
 9 years ago '06        #376
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
Spectacular episode again tonight. Theres so much going through my head right now that im gonna have to gather myself and come back tomorrow to discuss what the fu*k I just watched.
 9 years ago '04        #377
apfam77 
space
space
space
$1,000 | Props total: 205 205
i think the baby that was born was ethan. ethan had like superpowers and was the only baby born on the island back then according to that one doctor.
 03-05-2009, 01:45 AM         #378
KYP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ I think he's right ^^^

If it's 1974 where they are now and the plane crashed in 2004, that baby would have been 30. It's pretty obvious that this kid who was born is someone special.

It's definitely not Ben though, they showed his birth in the US when his parents were hiking and then Goodspeed comes along. I think Ben is already on the island at this point...sometime between when he first met Richard in the jungle and the gassing of the Dharma initiative. I know the kid who played him before is gonna be back and he's obvious older and grown some, just like Walt...

I also have this theory that Christian isn't speaking for Jacob at all and has some evil intentions here. Remember that creepy look on Claire's face in the cabin that time Locke found her in there? He keeps telling Locke what to do but we've still never seen Jacob. Remember the "HELP ME"? Maybe Christian has some part of keeping Jacob trapped in the cabin...
 9 years ago '04        #379
SPYTAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$827 | Props total: 65 65
this show really has me with more questions every episode. I love that. Honestly one of the best shows on television. But I heard something about them doing two more seasons and then a movie to end it. I am hoping if they do a movie that they dont end up like x files, that movie was horrible.
 03-05-2009, 01:39 PM         #380
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dope episode, a crazy time travel sci fi show that takes time to focus on the characters, which is really what keeps us all coming back. We love the characters. Most of them anyway cuz I for one hate Kate. Character driven crazy a.ss sci fi time travel show

Anyway, here's a pretty cool theory on Ben from the ew.com guy that I pretty much agree with.

"The bigger mystery is why Ben tried to talk Locke out of k!lling himself — and I think there's an answer. Ben is actually a bad shepherd. Time and again, he has tried to lead Locke astray so that he could usurp his Island destiny. These efforts have always failed. Ben shot Locke in season 3. Fortunately, Locke wasn't k!lled. Ben tricked Locke into letting him turn the frozen donkey wheel in season 4. Fortunately, Locke got a second chance. Ben talked Locke out of k!lling himself — because, I suspect, Locke was supposed to k!ll himself. After all, that's what GOOD shepherds are supposed to do. From the story of the Good Shepherd found in John 10:11: ''I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.'' By the way, this story goes on to contrast good shepherds with bad shepherds, or false prophets. Jesus compares these fraudulent advisers to ''thieves'' (which is how Widmore sees Ben) and, most provocatively, ''hirelings'' — temps who don't really care about the sheep, who are really only looking out for their own self-interest, who only end up making a catastrophic mess of things. Dudes! That's Ben! He's a hireling!"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy