most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
407 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #201
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,027 | Props total: 5812 5812
Locke meets Dr. Marvin Candle!!!!!!!

9 years ago '05        #202
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 DHARMA said:
I believe him.

But.

As Daniel himself has now tried to do by contacting Desmond in the hatch, he knows that there is the occasional exception. It's only very specific people who have the ability to make changes in time and/or it's only specific people who have the ability to perceive changes in the time stream.

Lets look at "It's only very specific people who have the ability to make changes in time" first. Obviously Desmond would be one. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Des is the only one.

You may think, "well, Ben told Widmore that he changed the rules by k!lling Alex" and that Widmore can also change time. I personally think that's false. Widmore was searching for the island for 20 years and had yet to find it. I think Desmond's actions, turning the fail safe and possibly something else like delaying charlies death allowing him to live long enough to disable the Looking Glass and allow communication with the freighter, is what changed the rules. Ben may put the blame on Widmore, but really it's all Desmond's fault. If Des let Charlie die when he was supposed to, they'd have never left the island, and more importantly, Widmore would never have found it.

Lets look at those who can perceive changes in time. So far it's only Desmond. This is where stuff is going to get tricky. Des in present time knew a new memory appeared in his head. How about Widmore meeting Locke? Does present Widmore have a new memory of Locke being on the island? Does he perceive that change? I think he does. I think that's the "nightmares" he mentioned to Ben in their first meeting. But just because people can notice the changes in their memories that does not necessarily mean they have the ability to alter the course of events like Desmond does.

So simple answer to your question is yes, I believe Faraday. But now Faraday knows the one exception is Desmond.

Listen bro....that was one of the most over-thought ideas i've ever heard. First of all Faraday didnt break any of the rules hes laid down by talking to Desmond. He didnt alter anything thats happened since then on the island by talking to Desmond. Thats not like he changed the past or anything. That has always happened. Wtf is up with everyone acting like Desmond is special? Thats not the case. If that was locke or sawyer or whoever the fu*k in DEsmonds shoes in that hatch and Faraday did that same sh*t, they would have reacted the same way. Widmore doesnt all of a sudden remember meeting Locke. He has had that memory since the 50's, bro. He has yet to see Locke in person in the 2000's, so how the fu*k would he realize they were the same people? Matter of fact, he hasnt seen Sawyer, Juliette or any of the others he saw in the 50's in the 2000's in a single episode of Lost. So how the fu*k would he realize they are the same people?

You are way over analyzing this plot.
 9 years ago '05        #203
space
space
By the way Charlie talking to Penny has nothing to do with Widmore finding the island. Those were two entirely different boats. Penny wasnt with Faraday and them, she was on her own mission.

Step your Lost game up.
 9 years ago '05        #204
space
space
Also :wtf: at the dude who said he thinks Richard is Jacob?

Do you know nothing? Richard cant communicate with Jacob, thats why he uses people like Ben and Locke to communicate with him for him. This has been explained clearly in several episodes.

And I still dont get why the fu*k Bens dad and Jacob are the same people, lol...wtf?

Anyway, another solid episode. The whole time I was watching though I was thinking "If anyone who doesnt watch Lost is watching this episode they have to think this show is stupid as fu*k!" lol...if you dont know the back story and everything this show would probably seem dumb as sh*t. But if you have followed it from episode 1 season 1, this sh*ts brilliant.
 9 years ago '06        #205
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 Reppindaburghh said:
Also :wtf: at the dude who said he thinks Richard is Jacob?

Do you know nothing? Richard cant communicate with Jacob, thats why he uses people like Ben and Locke to communicate with him for him. This has been explained clearly in several episodes.

And I still dont get why the fu*k Bens dad and Jacob are the same people, lol...wtf?

Anyway, another solid episode. The whole time I was watching though I was thinking "If anyone who doesnt watch Lost is watching this episode they have to think this show is stupid as fu*k!" lol...if you dont know the back story and everything this show would probably seem dumb as sh*t. But if you have followed it from episode 1 season 1, this sh*ts brilliant.

Who said Richard is Jacob? If you're referring to me, I said CHRISTIAN could be Jacob. I first thought this idea when Locke went to Jacob's cabin and found Christian there, and Ben told Locke Jacob would tell him what to do. (Instead Christian tells Locke what to do.) I don't fully believe the idea, but it's just a speculation I tossed out there.

Ben's dad? Who the hell brought up Ben's dad in this thread?

It looks like you need step your reading game up.

Last edited by -Phase One-; 02-12-2009 at 01:12 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #206
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 goke11429 said:
i mentioned something similar to this way back

check out this theory
part 1

part 2

for a theory written after the season finale season 4....the theory still stands :applause:

promo for ep.6
 9 years ago '08        #207
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
As a semi-nerd...I'd never thought I'd say this: But Lost is confusing the hell out of me thus far. They did a bold move with this time travel concept because its pretty unheard of (omitting the butterfly effect). Faraday is pretty much the narrator...or the person that explains things. But, he's a person that's been traveling through time as you saw him durinig the first episode back in time. Man...I'm lost.
 9 years ago '07        #208
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 4416 4416
Smokie was the "SICKNESS" Danielle talked about in Season 1.

If you think about it, it does make sense. Danielle would naturally a.ssume that her crew had lost their mind / gone crazy if they started waking up from an unconscious state spouting non-sense and thinking that they were children again. Would also explain how it would k!ll them, because they would of been dying the same way Minkowski did.

If Robert's consciousness from BEFORE he ever met and fell in love with Danielle had jumped from the past to the point in which he were on a desert Island with a seemingly crazy woman he had never met before, and she was claiming to be his wife, well, he might be drove to the point of aiming a gun at her.

Kinda like desmond with his - 'I don't know you! Stay away from me!'

So the writers could have easily tied it in with the story that Danielle's tells from back in Season 1. It would have been a nice way of tying some of the time-travel elements of the show in with some of the things we learned in Season 1.

The debate also raises another issue though. Are we to a.ssume that the French team came to the Island on a bearing that would not affect them physically? We saw from season 4 that the doctors body physically moved backwards in time, so was Danielle's boat affected in the same way?

Or did they just happen to enter the Island on the right bearing, by chance.
 9 years ago '06        #209
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2276 2276
We've seen Desmond, that dude from the balloon that Ben pretended to be, Echos brothers plane, the black rock, and the Oceanic plane all land on the island without effects of going through the wrong bearing like the doctor did which means the island meant for them to land there on the correct bearing not by chance cuz that doesnt happen in the world of Lost.

I really love how this season is going they are answering some good questions and still raising new ones. I just wish that we would have seen more on the smoke monster and the temple but im sure theyll expound on that later. Mrs Hawkings seems to be the new mysterious character that has all the answers to the island and is like most thought Faradays mother which is a great tie in. One big part that I am on the fence on is whether or not this episode confirmed that Christian Shepheard was indeed Jacob?
 02-12-2009, 02:30 PM         #210
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
We've seen Desmond, that dude from the balloon that Ben pretended to be, Echos brothers plane, the black rock, and the Oceanic plane all land on the island without effects of going through the wrong bearing like the doctor did which means the island meant for them to land there on the correct bearing not by chance cuz that doesnt happen in the world of Lost.

I really love how this season is going they are answering some good questions and still raising new ones. I just wish that we would have seen more on the smoke monster and the temple but im sure theyll expound on that later. Mrs Hawkings seems to be the new mysterious character that has all the answers to the island and is like most thought Faradays mother which is a great tie in. One big part that I am on the fence on is whether or not this episode confirmed that Christian Shepheard was indeed Jacob?

im still very confused on jacob

but one thing i was thinking is that locke is gonna end up like christian after he turns the wheel and "dies"

christian is "dead" but be doin sh*t on the island. i think the same may happen to locke

i wanna know what the deal with claire is.

i also wanna know why walt dont gotta go back to the island.
 9 years ago '06        #211
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 RicFlair said:
im still very confused on jacob

but one thing i was thinking is that locke is gonna end up like christian after he turns the wheel and "dies"

christian is "dead" but be doin sh*t on the island. i think the same may happen to locke

i wanna know what the deal with claire is.

i also wanna know why walt dont gotta go back to the island.
These are all things that I wonder every episode dammit especially the Walt storyline they showed us that he was special and the Others were really interested in him they now need to show us why
 9 years ago '06        #212
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 goke11429 said:
for a theory written after the season finale season 4....the theory still stands :applause:

promo for ep.6
That theory fu*kin sucks and there is no way it comes to fruition it sounds like someone just took the plot from Godfather and placed it into the Lost mythology.
 9 years ago '07        #213
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 4416 4416
1. Ben's line in the wonderful scene with the van about "If you only knew all that I've done to help you" struck me odd and important with his delivery of the line. I think Ben has had advance knowledge of all the happenings so far. All of them. This gives him a big advantage in knowing how to manipulate situations because he knows to an extent what is going to happen. I think in his mind he's been helping them since he appeared.

2. Locke and his "I just know". How many times have we heard Locke say that? It's been said enough times that I think we can all be a.ssured that it has signifigance. I believe Locke has advance knowledge of these happenings also.

I would go so far as to say I think the way they both come about this knowledge is somewhat similiar, though I'm not 100% sure what it would be. Any thoughts?
 9 years ago '05        #214
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,970 | Props total: 3230 3230
 irhabi007 said:
1. Ben's line in the wonderful scene with the van about "If you only knew all that I've done to help you" struck me odd and important with his delivery of the line. I think Ben has had advance knowledge of all the happenings so far. All of them. This gives him a big advantage in knowing how to manipulate situations because he knows to an extent what is going to happen. I think in his mind he's been helping them since he appeared.

2. Locke and his "I just know". How many times have we heard Locke say that? It's been said enough times that I think we can all be a.ssured that it has signifigance. I believe Locke has advance knowledge of these happenings also.

I would go so far as to say I think the way they both come about this knowledge is somewhat similiar, though I'm not 100% sure what it would be. Any thoughts?
Well I think we all know basically everything that Locke knows. Locke says he just knows because he knows the island wants him as a leader.

And the Walt storyline is still tricky to me too. Maybe he's a time traveler also, thats why he appears in certain scenes throughout the show older?
 9 years ago '06        #215
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
He showed up older in some scenes because he is older in real life and went through a big growth spurt and that's the reason why he was not brought back to the show.
 9 years ago '06        #216
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 modalee81 said:
These are all things that I wonder every episode dammit especially the Walt storyline they showed us that he was special and the Others were really interested in him they now need to show us why

I thought they pretty much explained why the Others wanted Walt. Because he was young, and they said before that they pick their leaders at a very young age.
 9 years ago '06        #217
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 -Phase One- said:
I thought they pretty much explained why the Others wanted Walt. Because he was young, and they said before that they pick their leaders at a very young age.
That was never connected to why they would want Walt that was just said to Locke and we never see Richard visiting Walt at birth and plus he has a power while Locke never did. Theres a lot more the writers had in store for walt but for some reason (im guessing his growht spurt/puberty) stopped them from showing it.
 9 years ago '06        #218
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
 modalee81 said:
That was never connected to why they would want Walt that was just said to Locke and we never see Richard visiting Walt at birth and plus he has a power while Locke never did. Theres a lot more the writers had in store for walt but for some reason (im guessing his growht spurt/puberty) stopped them from showing it.

I see your point.

I wonder if they're ever going to explain more about that four toed statue? What it looked like before it crumbled (or maybe it never got finished being built) and who was building it/built it.
 9 years ago '06        #219
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
I think Damon and Carlton the producers of the show have said that they will give the answer to the four toed statue before the end of the 6th season. I really hope that if all these "little mysteries" dont get explained by the end of the show, then they should have a special of like 2 hours length going over what they were so that we get full satisfaction for watching the show.
 9 years ago '06        #220
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
It looks like some of the O6 goes back to the island next Wednesday (Unless they're teasing it) so if they go back next week, and we still have 1 more season left before the show comes to and end, you would think they'd have enough time to explain "everything"

but what I'm wondering is, if they do go back this season, what is there left to show? Like, what's next after they get back? Sit around the campfire and eat smores? Hopefully they have something good up their sleeves.

And since Locke turns the wheel, does that mean the flashes stop? I was enjoying the time traveling because it helped explain stuff that happened in the past. So if the flashes stop, we won't see anymore stuff from the past.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy