LOST Season 5 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
182 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-07-2009, 03:03 PM         #181
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
The reason Daniel was able to do that with Desmond was because that was there first meeting. That just comes off like a memory that Desmond all of a sudden remembered. That is theoretically possible, I guess.

What isnt possible is if Sawyer went to that door and knocked and Desmon came out. That cant happen because then that'd fu*k up there future meeting (Original meeting) becasue Desmond would have known who Sawyer was. Obviously he didnt know him, so Sawyer could have knocked on teh door. He could have banged for an hour straight and something would've kept Desmond from opening the door. Thats why Faraday made them all go away and he knocked by himself.

Its hard to explain and it sounds complicated as fu*k, but its really not that confusing.

I know VERY little about quantum theories and all that bullsh*t, and I understand the concept that Lost is using perfectly. Thus far, it hasnt been flawed.

They will explain why Danielle doesnt remember Jin in the future. Lost doesnt leave holes like that.
But then wouldn't Desmond have recognized Faraday when his team landed on the island?
 9 years ago '05        #182
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7093 7093
 HR_Paperstacks said:
But then wouldn't Desmond have recognized Faraday when his team landed on the island?
Well I guess you got me on that one. Did Desmond ever actually see Faraday in person at the end of last season? I know he talked to him on the radio and sh*t, I cant specifically recall them meeting face to face in any of the episodes. But I could definetly be wrong, my memory sucks.

If they did meet face to face the only explanation I could really give you is that After all those years in between the encounters Desmond just merely forgot about him.

And it wouldnt really affect Faraday because he has been time traveling for aparently a pretty long time, so hes used to this kind of sh*t.

Eh, I guess thats kinda sketchy lol, but someone clarify whether or not Faraday and Desmond ever met in person at the end of last season.
 9 years ago '05        #183
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Didn't Farady recognized Desmond striaght away during the whole constant episode?
 9 years ago '05        #184
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7093 7093
 Wasted said:
Didn't Farady recognized Desmond striaght away during the whole constant episode?
Ok, so they did confront eachother in person then?

Well then, if what your saying is true about Faraday instantly recongizing Desmond, then the only explanation is that Desmond, under all the fu*king crazy stress he had been under in the previous months or years, whatever, simply didnt recognize Faraday. Thats not that unlikely considering all the sh*t that happened in between the two encounters.
 02-09-2009, 06:02 PM         #185
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Season 2 Ep 6 Abandoned

This is just before Anna Lucia shoots Shannon.

Its definitely Terry O'Quinn.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it was a mistake either way though, and with the way things are looking at this point, it is quite possible we could find Easter Eggs like that throughout the earlier seasons.

The question to ask is where was John Locke during this episode? Wasn't he back at the hatch?

I for one think the whispers have something to do with our time travelers, but I could be wrong. Also, its raining, which is a Locke thing.
 02-09-2009, 06:06 PM         #186
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Since it was shown, I've always had the strangest feeling about the scene in S1.E5 ("White Rabbit") where Locke saves Jack, and I've never quite been sure why. In light of recent developments, I'm starting to wonder if this Locke is not the crash Locke, but a Locke from another time who's there to both save Jack and inspire him to offer the Losties the leadership they clearly need. I still haven't got my head around the time paradox issues that such an appearance would suggest, but I'm working on that.

This is the scene where Locke says that he's "...looked into the EYE of the island". I'm trying to avoid spoilers here, but...well; make of that statement what you will...
 9 years ago '06        #187
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
^^That is why I love Lost
 02-09-2009, 06:20 PM         #188
unkoricky 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DHARMA said:

[pic - click to view]

Season 2 Ep 6 Abandoned

I SERIOUSLY doubt it was a mistake either way though, and with the way things are looking at this point, it is quite possible we could find Easter Eggs like that throughout the earlier seasons.

The question to ask is where was John Locke during this episode? Wasn't he back at the hatch?

I for one think the whispers have something to do with our time travelers, but I could be wrong. Also, its raining, which is a Locke thing.
good sh*t.. but whats the point of locke being in that picture?

I
 02-09-2009, 06:38 PM         #189
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkoricky said:
good sh*t.. but whats the point of locke being in that picture?

[pic - click to view]

Another thing we need to consider is that mysterious (bald) figure hidden in the bushes when Shannon was shot. We saw what looks like a piece of pipe behind Sayid when he was on the ground. As he got up and followed Shannon, we see a shadowy figure of a bald man off to stage left.

When asked if this was intentional or an editing mistake, Terry O'Quinn replied that it was intentional. He didn't say it was him or some other bald guy, but apparently it is an important plot point.

Based on the translated whispers that Sayid & Shannon heard, which have the very interesting phrase "Hide the scope", I can certainly start to see the possiblity...

I for one would say this...IF that is a sniper, Shannon was not the target. As someone pointed out, she was too close. I think the "sniper" is probably one of the whisperers (and a Hanso employee), and there are a bunch more around. I think this one was caught by surprise when Sayid and Shannon came running up. I think he/she was probably watching/tracking the "shoeless others".
 02-09-2009, 09:51 PM         #190
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know Flashbacks and Flashfowards are still used to some degree, but they are not used in the same way as they were before where-by they focused on a single characters story, and jumped from the life of that character on the island and their life off the island.

Which brings the question...
  1. Who prefers the new way of expressing the two different time periods?
    Do does this new way of telling the story make the show better or worse for you?

Last edited by DHARMA; 02-09-2009 at 09:53 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #191
TheHighLife 
space
space
$335 | Props total: 54 54
 DHARMA said:

[pic - click to view]

Season 2 Ep 6 Abandoned

my mind has just been blown
 9 years ago '04        #192
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 DHARMA said:

[pic - click to view]

Season 2 Ep 6 Abandoned

i mentioned something similar to this way back

goke11429 said:
co signs i have a feeling Charles Wildmore and Ellie (chick pointin da gun @ Faraday) are Daniel's parents.

The Light that we seen in the preview for episode 4 is from season 1.....in the episode when Locke was banging on the hatch....which leads to my theory on the whispers...are the voices of Daniel, Charlotte, Sawyer, Locke, Juliet, and Miles

check out this theory
part 1

part 2
 9 years ago '05        #193
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
 DHARMA said:
I know that we are going to use Daniel's statements as concrete evidence about time travel, but I think his statement about "whatever happened, happened" and "what's done, is done" is flawed.
I think you misunderstood what Daniel actually said. What he said what that you cannot change anything..because whatever happened will end up happening no matter what you do to try and change it.

For example if Sawyer had told Kate not to leave the island, she would have anyway. Something would have happened to even out the fact that they were trying to change something.

So I believe that statement from Faraday...no matter what they do to try to change something that happened, something else will happen to counteract that. (Sorta like Final Destination)

Thats why he talked to Desmond...because he cant tell him not to leave the island because he still will...but hes trying to influence him to do something that hasnt actually been written in stone yet.

02-10-2009, 06:01 PM         #194
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Truth33 said:
I think you misunderstood what Daniel actually said. What he said what that you cannot change anything..because whatever happened will end up happening no matter what you do to try and change it.

For example if Sawyer had told Kate not to leave the island, she would have anyway. Something would have happened to even out the fact that they were trying to change something.

So I believe that statement from Faraday...no matter what they do to try to change something that happened, something else will happen to counteract that. (Sorta like Final Destination)

Thats why he talked to Desmond...because he cant tell him not to leave the island because he still will...but hes trying to influence him to do something that hasnt actually been written in stone yet.

I believe him.

But.

As Daniel himself has now tried to do by contacting Desmond in the hatch, he knows that there is the occasional exception. It's only very specific people who have the ability to make changes in time and/or it's only specific people who have the ability to perceive changes in the time stream.

Lets look at "It's only very specific people who have the ability to make changes in time" first. Obviously Desmond would be one. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Des is the only one.

You may think, "well, Ben told Widmore that he changed the rules by k!lling Alex" and that Widmore can also change time. I personally think that's false. Widmore was searching for the island for 20 years and had yet to find it. I think Desmond's actions, turning the fail safe and possibly something else like delaying charlies death allowing him to live long enough to disable the Looking Glass and allow communication with the freighter, is what changed the rules. Ben may put the blame on Widmore, but really it's all Desmond's fault. If Des let Charlie die when he was supposed to, they'd have never left the island, and more importantly, Widmore would never have found it.

Lets look at those who can perceive changes in time. So far it's only Desmond. This is where stuff is going to get tricky. Des in present time knew a new memory appeared in his head. How about Widmore meeting Locke? Does present Widmore have a new memory of Locke being on the island? Does he perceive that change? I think he does. I think that's the "nightmares" he mentioned to Ben in their first meeting. But just because people can notice the changes in their memories that does not necessarily mean they have the ability to alter the course of events like Desmond does.

So simple answer to your question is yes, I believe Faraday. But now Faraday knows the one exception is Desmond.
 9 years ago '05        #195
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
 DHARMA said:
I believe him.

But.

As Daniel himself has now tried to do by contacting Desmond in the hatch, he knows that there is the occasional exception. It's only very specific people who have the ability to make changes in time and/or it's only specific people who have the ability to perceive changes in the time stream.

Lets look at "It's only very specific people who have the ability to make changes in time" first. Obviously Desmond would be one. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Des is the only one.

You may think, "well, Ben told Widmore that he changed the rules by k!lling Alex" and that Widmore can also change time. I personally think that's false. Widmore was searching for the island for 20 years and had yet to find it. I think Desmond's actions, turning the fail safe and possibly something else like delaying charlies death allowing him to live long enough to disable the Looking Glass and allow communication with the freighter, is what changed the rules. Ben may put the blame on Widmore, but really it's all Desmond's fault. If Des let Charlie die when he was supposed to, they'd have never left the island, and more importantly, Widmore would never have found it.

Lets look at those who can perceive changes in time. So far it's only Desmond. This is where stuff is going to get tricky. Des in present time knew a new memory appeared in his head. How about Widmore meeting Locke? Does present Widmore have a new memory of Locke being on the island? Does he perceive that change? I think he does. I think that's the "nightmares" he mentioned to Ben in their first meeting. But just because people can notice the changes in their memories that does not necessarily mean they have the ability to alter the course of events like Desmond does.

So simple answer to your question is yes, I believe Faraday. But now Faraday knows the one exception is Desmond.

Props...1 hour until Lost...im hoping within the next 2 episodes they get back to the island, but I know thats probably wishful thinking.

I'm actually hoping most of this episode is off the island, just so they can get it over with and get back to the damn island.

Prediction for tonight: The losties on the island meet up with jin finally
 02-11-2009, 08:07 PM         #196
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Daniel Dae Kim is a great fu*king actor because watching him play Jin you wouldn't believe he speaks perfect English. And to think he had to get help for speaking Korean when he first started.
 9 years ago '04        #197
V_Dot 
space
space
$360 | Props total: 118 118
Dope a.ss episode tonight!!!
 02-11-2009, 09:29 PM         #198
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So the wheel was stuck and that is why the island was skipping around through time...

Simple really, I don't know why we didn't think of it to begin with. I guess it seemed a little to simple for a LOST explanation. And the previous enhanced episode was right, the only way to stop the flashes was to bring the O6 back. John does that by 'fixing' the wheel and going off island, thus stopping the flashes.

I predict that the flashes stop around DHARMA's time and that's when we see time-traveling Daniel at the Orchid (from the premiere).

Daniel will find Charlotte and tell her the very thing she remembers - not to come back to the Island or she'll die. How tragic that it will be one of the very things that drives her to find the Island again.

I can't help but think that Ben KNEW Locke was supposed to turn the FDW and not him, and he's using the situation to his advantage somehow.

Evil, evil Ben.

Locke was supposed to lead the Others -- but Ben held on to power.
Locke was supposed to turn the Wheel -- but Ben did it instead.
Locke was supposed to gather the O-6, find Hawking, and bring them back -- but Ben is doing it instead.

Ben's role in bringing the O-6 back is going to have calamitous consequences, no?

Last edited by DHARMA; 02-12-2009 at 04:43 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #199
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
Great episode!

I hope we learn more about Christian's role later in the season. (I'm starting to think he is Jacob.) I always a.ssumed he did the same thing Locke is doing now. (Bringing everyone back to the island while being in a coffin.

Damn shame we got to wait 7 days. lol

Last edited by -Phase One-; 02-11-2009 at 09:38 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #200
TheHighLife 
space
space
$335 | Props total: 54 54
 DHARMA said:
So the wheel was tuck and that is why the island was skipping around through time...

Simple really, I don't know why we didn't think of it to begin with. I guess it seemed a little to simple for a LOST explanation. And the previous enhanced episode was right, the only way to stop the flashes was to bring the O6 back. John does that by 'fixing' the wheel and going off island, thus stopping the flashes.

I predict that the flashes stop around DHARMA's time and that's when we see time-traveling Daniel at the Orchid (from the premiere).

Daniel will find Charlotte and tell her the very thing she remembers - not to come back to the Island or she'll die. How tragic that it will be one of the very things that drives her to find the Island again.

I can't help but think that Ben KNEW Locke was supposed to turn the FDW and not him, and he's using the situation to his advantage somehow.

Evil, evil Ben.

Locke was supposed to lead the Others -- but Ben held on to power.
Locke was supposed to turn the Wheel -- but Ben did it instead.
Locke was supposed to gather the O-6, find Hawking, and bring them back -- but Ben is doing it instead.

Ben's role in bringing the O-6 back is going to have calamitous consequences, no?

your Faraday theory makes complete sense..
this video in which im sure you've all seen

definitely contains Faraday behind the camera (in the past) who told Dr Marvin Candle about what the fruck is going down ... some one please make sense of all this my head hurts
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy