AFC Championship: Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers [Sun. Jan 18th - 6:30 PM ET]

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

???
Ravens 16 53.33%
Steelers 14 46.67%
Voters: 30. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 01-12-2009, 12:47 PM         #21
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 magatsu said:
Here we go again baby! As a Steelers fan I would've said that the Ravens would probably pull through and win this one, but with the way the offensive line stepped the fu*k up I'm feeling like Ben is damn near invulnerable again.

Seriously, where the fu*k they been the whole season, but at least they stepped it up when it counts, just gotta keep it up. As long as Ben has time in the pocket, Steelers got this. If the offensive line fails and the Ravens defense can get to Ben like they did last game we'll need another lucky finish to win.
true, the o line held up well. but remember this was against the chargers and their 25th ranked defense. theyre ranked 31st against the pass. the chargers barely blitzed at all yesterday and their pass rush has been anemic to the say the least since losing merriman. they had one of the lowest sack totals in the league. chargers are 11th against the run but this lack of pressure opened up the lanes for pittsburghs willie parker.

it will be a much different story next sunday in steeltown. we play real defense here and we have been playing in a playoff atmosphere since december.

oh yea, theres one more thing i almost forgot about....

fu*k the steelers.

now its an official steelers vs ravens thread
 9 years ago '05        #22
ErViN261 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,119 | Props total: 0 0
Ravens 2009 SuperBowl Champs
 01-12-2009, 01:26 PM         #23
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ravens got this.. ravens vs cards in the superbowl..that just sh*t just doesnt sound right
 01-13-2009, 12:47 AM         #24
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ill800 said:
fu*k the steelers.
stillers bout to burn down these omar from the wire a.ss n*ggas!!!
 01-13-2009, 02:21 AM         #25
flex001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
it's gonna be a grimey a.ss game but at the end of the day...they're sending a rookie qb up against the best defense in the NFL, in one of the craziest environments in the nfl, who's team pretty much depends on him alone considering no ones running on us...
:applause:

Flacco thought it was loud last time he was here.. just wait till this game.. steelers fans is gonna be so loud every time they have tha ball he aint gonna be able to hear himself think.. then he gonna say he aint a rookie no more..shut up.. yes u r and the steelers is gonna expose u... we made a statement in tha chargers game... im not sayin its gonna be an easy win but if are o plays like we did last game its a rap... and i wouldnt wanna be a bmore fan coming into hines field.. ask that charger fan who was talkin sh*t in tha bathroom who got stomped out i was at tha game it was great every charger fan got fu*ked wit tha whole game. this one guy had a charger jersey on wit one of our towels on this chick walk up behind him slap him in his head was was like fu*k u filp him the bird n spit right in his face i was rollin.. i love steeler fans!

oh n btw fu*k bmore yall still cleveland to me bi*ches!
 9 years ago '06        #26
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
o so no raven fans wanna put their avy's up huh? pussies...
 01-13-2009, 09:38 AM         #27
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 flex001 said:
:applause:

Flacco thought it was loud last time he was here.. just wait till this game.. steelers fans is gonna be so loud every time they have tha ball he aint gonna be able to hear himself think.. then he gonna say he aint a rookie no more..shut up.. yes u r and the steelers is gonna expose u... we made a statement in tha chargers game... im not sayin its gonna be an easy win but if are o plays like we did last game its a rap... and i wouldnt wanna be a bmore fan coming into hines field.. ask that charger fan who was talkin sh*t in tha bathroom who got stomped out i was at tha game it was great every charger fan got fu*ked wit tha whole game. this one guy had a charger jersey on wit one of our towels on this chick walk up behind him slap him in his head was was like fu*k u filp him the bird n spit right in his face i was rollin.. i love steeler fans!

oh n btw fu*k bmore yall still cleveland to me bi*ches!
being loud wont matter. cam cameron and joe flacco arent a bunch of idiots. theyve been working a silent snap count on the road for weeks now. no audibles. no turnovers. the kid just plays football. he doesnt get rattled. youll find out sunday.

as for traveling to steel town.... i would almost gaurantee you i wouldnt get fu*ked with. you know why? im 6'2, 200lbs. you steeler fans are bi*ch made and would never shoot a fair one with a dude like me. only thing i worry about in pittsburgh is those ol deliverance a.ss n*ggas you got wandering around...

[pic - click to view]

"ey boy! you sure do got a purty mouth"
 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM         #28
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After two losses to heated rival, Ravens get another shot

By Jamison Hensley

When the Ravens were watching the AFC divisional game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and San Diego Chargers on Sunday, they found themselves in an unusual situation.

The Ravens players were actually rooting for the Steelers.

As in most of the postseason, the Ravens got what they wanted, gaining a rematch - or third grudge match - with their division rivals in Sunday's AFC championship game.

"We were kind of hoping for it. It's an opportunity for one of our organizations to really build up the level of hatred," Ravens inside linebacker Bart Scott said. "Somebody is going to be happy, somebody is going to be hurt."

Comments like these yesterday were surprising from the usually tight-lipped Ravens, who rarely give opponents "bulletin-board" material.

But the Ravens still feel the sting of two losses to the Steelers this season.

On Sept. 29, the Ravens led 13-3 in the second half only to lose on a 46-yard field goal in overtime. Last month, the Ravens held a 9-3 advantage in the fourth quarter only to fall on a controversial touchdown catch by Santonio Holmes in the final minute.

After evening the score with the Tennessee Titans last week, the Ravens are looking for more redemption.

"If you feel like you didn't necessarily get beat but you lost the game, you always want to have the opportunity to play that team again," Ravens safety Jim Leonhard said. "Pittsburgh's got us twice this year, and give them all the credit in the world for doing that, but we feel like we have our opportunity in front of us. We have one goal all season, and that's to win the Super Bowl. And we have to beat Pittsburgh to get there."

Leonhard said that before he joined the Ravens it was obvious the teams didn't like each other. His opinion didn't change after playing two games in the heated rivalry.

"You know you have to come to work 60 minutes that day or you're going to get it handed to," Leonhard said.

While the players and coaches have changed over the seasons, the bad blood has remained.

Earlier this season, Ravens defensive end-linebacker Terrell Suggs bragged about having bounties on Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward and running back Rashard Mendenhall (who suffered a season-ending shoulder injury on a hit by Ray Lewis). Suggs later said there were no bounties, saying they were players that the defense were focused on stopping.

In the last meeting, Ravens cornerback Frank Walker spat in the face of punter Mitch Berger, according to Berger. Walker explained that it was an accident, calling it a "slobber moment."

Said Ward after Sunday's win over the Chargers: "It's not going to be a street f!ght. It's going to be a war."

This is one topic on which Ward and Scott - two of the biggest adversaries - both agree.

"It's two teams that try to impose their will on each other," Scott said. "Whenever you have two teams that are evenly matched, both sides are going to pay the price on the body. I look at it like [Miguel] Cotto and [Antonio] Margarito. Nobody is running or ducking or hiding from each other. We're going to stand in the middle of the ring, and we'll see who comes out on top."

Altercations, late hits and personal fouls have been a running theme in this rivalry.

Ravens linebacker Jarret Johnson made a costly mistake in the first meeting with a late hit on Ward. That personal foul jump-started the Steelers' rally.

In a series in which tempers can flare, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said his team won't keep its emotions "in check."

"But our emotions are going to be focused and directed at what needs to be done to win a football game," Harbaugh said. "Our guys are smart and disciplined. I think they'll be that way on Sunday."

This third meeting wasn't a surprise for the Ravens or the Steelers. The Ravens not only wanted another shot at the Steelers, but some players also predicted it after the second meeting.

"Some teams you know when you face them once or twice there is the possibility you'll have the opportunity to play them again, and the Steelers are one of those teams," wide receiver Derrick Mason said. "We just had to be patient, and our opportunity is here. We just have to take advantage of it."

With two road wins already in this season's playoffs, the sixth-seeded Ravens are not backing down from the challenge.

"You want to play the best, and I think they are the best right now," Scott said. "You want to test yourself. We look forward to it."
 01-13-2009, 12:04 PM         #29
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here's one more: "Do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti, go Stillers"
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
By John Hayes, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

In a ritual that dates to the glory days, Steelers fans are making plans for home or tailgate parties, digging out tacky black and gold snack bowls and, in a modern twist, downloading updated versions of perennial Steelers f!ght songs.

Lots of NFL teams have chant-along songs played at games. But ever quirky and unique, Pittsburgh has more Steelers songs than Primanti's sandwiches have fries. Two or three are favorites routinely updated with the names of new team members. But each time the Steelers start into the post-season, musically inclined fans start cranking out new songs of support and finding new ways to connect with other fans.

Historically, the Steelers have made cameo appearances in mainstream country songs dating back to The Kendalls' "The Pittsburgh Stealers", about a cheating mill-worker couple stealing incidental contact on the split shift, and the flag-waving Charlie Daniels' hit, "In America."

But fan-written f!ght songs are in another league. None are distributed by record labels or officially sanctioned by the Steelers. A few are available for sale. But most Steelers songs are written and recorded by fans intending to share them for free with other fans.

This year's crop of musical support includes old favorites, new tunes and lots of words that rhyme with "Tomlin."

Roger Woods, a Richland real-estate investor, has been churning out updates of his popular chant "Here We Go" since 1994.

"It's more of a cheer than a song," he said. "It's a catchy, simple hook that everyone can sing."

One of the few Steelers songwriters who sells his work, Woods says by mid-season each year he has the production pipeline primed for a timely update. The master recording is tweaked with a few lyric changes to highlight new Steelers, and a CD replication company gets his project on the schedule in time to accommodate post-season rush orders from retailers including local Wal-Marts and Kmarts.

"From doing it all these years, I have an idea of how it works," he said. "During the regular season [demand] isn't that big. If they get in the playoffs it starts and if they win the championship it just explodes. This win [against San Diego] will generate a couple thousand sales. In the years they've gone to the Super Bowl, I've done more like 30,000 to 40,000."

Mr. Woods says in total, he's sold more than 100,000 copies of the song.

It's been 13 years since the guys from the Kardaz classic rock band threw together a parody of Ray Parker Jr.'s "Ghostbusters." In their version, the sing-along chant at the end of the line is "Go Steelers!"

"It occurred to us that some people in this generation might not know that tune," said the band's Dave Muehlbauer. "But then we thought, who cares? As long as they know when to say 'Go Steelers!' "

Kardaz has replicated their cheerleader success with "Mighty 'Guins," written in support of the Penguins, and the "Washington Wild Things Theme" for the Washington, Pa., minor league baseball team.

"I don't know if there's a sociological term for all these Steelers songs," said Mr. Muehlbauer, "but there's also the Andy Warhol Effect where everybody gets their 15 minutes of fame. But it could be something else. If one person does it, everybody wants to do it."

Bob Banerjee laughs about the dubious distinction awarded to his Corned Beef & Curry band in 2005 when Sports Illustrated dubbed their "Steelers Rock (Steelers Roll)" among the worst unsanctioned NFL f!ght songs.

"They picked on the fiddle," he said.

Mr. Banerjee said he's hurrying to update the song before Sunday, when the shelf life could end as abruptly as the Steeler's season.

Nashville country singer Dusty Drake is better know back home in Monaca as Dino Buffalini, former front man for the Pittsburgh country cover band Silverado. Mr. Drake moved South and changed his name a decade ago. He touched the country music charts a few years ago, but over the past few weeks he's had the top-requested song on Pittsburgh's Froggy radio stations with "The 12th Man," a tribute to Steelers fans worldwide. The song parody was co-written by Mr. Drake and Moon's Steve Yurjevich over the lyrics to Kevin Fowler's "The Lord Loves a Drinkin' Man," a hit for Mark Chesnutt.

"Unless you're a Steelers fan, you don't get it," said Mr. Drake. "This kind of passion for a sports team -- how do you put it into words? I live in Nashville now and there are thousands of Steelers fans down here and they're not all from Pittsburgh. There's just something about that team that brings it out."

Dozens of Steelers songs -- including "The Steelers Polka" by Jimmy Psihoulis, "Puhlahmahlu" by Mr. Devious and "All the Way This Year" by The Tailgators -- are available for download at . Some are better than others, but all of them come with more in-your-face smashmouth passion than "The Baltimore Ravens f!ght Song" ("Honor bound for the sky / Over Maryland we'll always soar").

pittsburgh,
 9 years ago '04        #30
birdmanjp 7 heat pts
space
space
$434 | Props total: 138 138
..f*ck the ravens! i'm a be at this game....and I WISH A RAVENS FAN WOULD BE NEXT TO MY SEAT! haha but its gonna be another close one. But ya'll know Steelers-Eagles Super Bowl
 9 years ago '04        #31
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
Word is that both Terrell Suggs & Samari Rolle are gonna be game time decisions.
.. fu*king injuries.
 9 years ago '07        #32
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
Gonna be a good one. I like these defensive battles. The Titans Raven game was great. I think the Ravens will pull through tough. I think Santonio Holmes' "TD catch" last game will keep them fired up.
Ed Reed/Ray Lewis - Harrison, Woodley and TP. Wow what a great match up.

Will be a good one. I say 13 - 9 Ravens...
 9 years ago '07        #33
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
^^^Altough the Steelres O looked great last week...
I like how they were going for a lot of deep balls...no homo...
 9 years ago '05        #34
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #35
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Steelerfan1 said:
Lets not make excuses already
Shut the fu*k up, seriously.
 9 years ago '06        #36
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
I got to go with the Ravens on this sh*t. Went to the game last weekend and it was big time (cold as hell) but big time. Leron & Willis needs to get off this game, if the Ravens can run they will be hard to beat with that defense. I am expecting a good game come Sunday.

One more game and Baltimore is heading down to Tampa, I had a Ravens fan in Nashville tell me that this is destiny, just cuz they won their last Superbowl in Tampa.

Suggs will probably not play, and I'm kinda hoping Rolle doesn't play, which means my homeboy will suit up this game :applause:
 9 years ago '04        #37
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Steelerfan1 said:
fu*k up f*g**t a.ss n*gga. Go watch the Maple Leafs
Go watch the fu*king Penguins? ....What the fu*k do you expect me to say?
sh*t, I'm not even from Toronto and I hate this sh*thole with all my heart.

So what else?
 9 years ago '04        #38
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
I got to go with the Ravens on this sh*t. Went to the game last weekend and it was big time (cold as hell) but big time. Leron & Willis needs to get off this game, if the Ravens can run they will be hard to beat with that defense. I am expecting a good game come Sunday.

One more game and Baltimore is heading down to Tampa, I had a Ravens fan in Nashville tell me that this is destiny, just cuz they won their last Superbowl in Tampa.

Suggs will probably not play, and I'm kinda hoping Rolle doesn't play, which means my homeboy will suit up this game :applause:
No offense but Oglesby is probably last on the DB depth chart.. I haven't seen him get much burn this season.
Anything would be better than Corey Ivy at the slot though
 9 years ago '06        #39
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
I can't say who will win because both teams have played good and hard. I think the Ravens might get them if their defense get to Ben and put hella pressure on him through out the whole game. But, the Steeler's defense ain't no sloughs either so it's a tight decision to make on that game. Just gonna have to wait and see.....
 01-17-2009, 06:45 PM         #40
BobbyNitro808 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Feb. 1, 2009 shall be the bird bowl
Ravens vs Eagles
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy