Dreadheads?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-11-2009, 09:33 AM         #1
13334 pageviews
27 comments

The 8th Wonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dreadheads?

I been thinking about getting some. Anybody here got dreads and if so what tips do you have on getting them?

27 comments for "Dreadheads?"

9 years ago '05        #2
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,738 | Props total: 1822 1822
Almost been 4 years with mine, wait till you have a fro of about 5-6 inches, twist up, and keep having them done every month up until you lock completely(anywhere from 6months-1yr). And dont dye until they lock up. Once they lock completely and all you have is new growth growing, getting them done every 2-3 months is fine(but thats after that 1yr or so).
Prostyle gave props

9 years ago '04        #3
Phreaky41 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,358 | Props total: 2 2
i just cut my hair after 5 years. I did it for a business move. 1st off, find a girl who will do it for FREE like i did. Before, I would pay 50-60. Its also overrated to keep getting your hair done every few weeks or every month. New Growth will become your best friend.

Patience Patience Patience
 9 years ago '05        #4
Bourbon Finest 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 410 410
 Phreaky41 said:
i just cut my hair after 5 years. I did it for a business move. 1st off, find a girl who will do it for FREE like i did. Before, I would pay 50-60. Its also overrated to keep getting your hair done every few weeks or every month. New Growth will become your best friend.

business startin to let dudes wear dreads but it has to be real neat and have it in a rubberband basically
 9 years ago '04        #5
Phreaky41 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,358 | Props total: 2 2
 Bourbon Finest said:
business startin to let dudes wear dreads but it has to be real neat and have it in a rubberband basically
like my hair was so thick, that after a week or 2, my new growth would start to appear
 01-11-2009, 06:36 PM         #6
The 8th Wonder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanks for the advice fellas
 9 years ago '04        #7
Speedyd718 
space
space
space
$140 | Props total: 0 0
 Phreaky41 said:
best advice right here^^^^

i had them a few years ago (grew for a few years). i cut them for business too but i'm think bout growing them back.

make sure wherever you get them started, to do it right. like if you want clean parts or not.

cuz once they locked it a wrap.
 9 years ago '06        #8
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
 Cantankerous said:
Almost been 4 years with mine, wait till you have a fro of about 5-6 inches, twist up, and keep having them done every month up until you lock completely(anywhere from 6months-1yr). And dont dye until they lock up. Once they lock completely and all you have is new growth growing, getting them done every 2-3 months is fine(but thats after that 1yr or so).
do not listen to this n*gga. do it at 5-6 inches and a lot of your dreads will pop. especially if you want a lot of em

The earlier you start the twistin up better the ends lock and the quicker they lock you wont have to avoid washing your hair walking around with your hair smelling like sh*t. You boonk up at 5-6 inches and you wont be able to wash your hair until they start to lock which will take at least 2 months at 5-6 inches and thats starting to lock they will take a lot longer to fully lock at god damn 5-6 inches

Boonk up at like 1 inch or 2.You can get em done professionally or just sit there and twist by your self. Use Twist-n-Loc, NEVER use beeswax unless you want your sh*t to look nasty cause you damn near need a fire hose to wash that sh*t out. when you want to wash em use natural shampoo that should say for dreads, natural hairstyles or some sh*t like that on the bottle

Get em retwisted every 2 weeks until they fully lock up, then you can prob wait like a month between getting them retwisted just remember the more newgrowth you get the better. When they get around 3-4 inches long and you want to speed up the locking, then after you get retwisted get your dreads braided back and leave em like that for a week or longer. Braiding em speeds up the locking and growth
Prostyle slapped this ish

9 years ago '05        #9
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,738 | Props total: 1822 1822
 Southern_Boi said:
do not listen to this n*gga. do it at 5-6 inches and a lot of your dreads will pop. especially if you want a lot of em

The earlier you start the twistin up better the ends lock and the quicker they lock you wont have to avoid washing your hair walking around with your hair smelling like sh*t. You boonk up at 5-6 inches and you wont be able to wash your hair until they start to lock which will take at least 2 months at 5-6 inches and thats starting to lock they will take a lot longer to fully lock at god damn 5-6 inches

Boonk up at like 1 inch or 2.You can get em done professionally or just sit there and twist by your self. Use Twist-n-Loc, NEVER use beeswax unless you want your sh*t to look nasty cause you damn near need a fire hose to wash that sh*t out. when you want to wash em use natural shampoo that should say for dreads, natural hairstyles or some sh*t like that on the bottle

Get em retwisted every 2 weeks until they fully lock up, then you can prob wait like a month between getting them retwisted just remember the more newgrowth you get the better. When they get around 3-4 inches long and you want to speed up the locking, then after you get retwisted get your dreads braided back and leave em like that for a week or longer. Braiding em speeds up the locking and growth

Really don't listen to this n*gga.

You try twisting dreads from 1-3 inches and your sh*t will hardly grow at a good rate, not to mention during the locking process your dreads shrink, hard to have new growth with tiny a.ss dreads. You wait till 5-6 inches and your hair is already thick with a lot of new growth around, not some tiny a.ss worms growing.

And you can wash your dreads once you first twist, it's called dry shampoo. Twist-n-lock gel ain't sh*t either. You shouldn't use any gel for your dreads, it dries up and breaks your hair when it flakes out, you don't want that, especially at the roots. People always say bad things about beeswax but it's what you need to dread quick. Your dreads won't look bad if the person doing it doesn't put tons on each dread, and dries it properly. Twist-N-Lock should only be used after your hair locks up to tie down any loose hairs.

And don't twist every 2-weeks seriously. You do that you'll end up with thin dreads, that'll either break at the roots down the line, or using twist-N-Lock with tiny a.ss dreads will break them.
Prostyle gave props

9 years ago '07        #10
Goosie McNeen 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,745 | Props total: 732 732
step 1. - twist
step 2. - leave alone

voila.:cool-smiley-009:
 9 years ago '06        #11
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
Cantankerous is right..
The other dude ain't wrong but it's just a different approach on it .. but i used Cantankerous way when i had my locks in year 10 .. You gotta have patience .. thats the main thing .. i wanted like marley locks but i couldnt wait that long so i cut em when they were shoulder height ..
 9 years ago '06        #12
ICanDoIt 
space
space
space
$2,036 | Props total: 0 0
^^^Cantankerous and Southern_Boi basically have two different methods but either way is fine...it just depends on your preference...

Me I twisted up after 3 months of growing...so my hair was like 2 inches at the top 1.5 on the back and sides...and my sides are already starting to lock while the top looks like sh*t most of the time.

It depends on your hair type, what kind of products are used etc...and to find that out, go to a PROFESSIONAL LOCKTICIAN...I can't stress that enough. If you want to go the cheap way and have a homegirl twist em on the regular fine (that's what I do), but at least get them started by a professional...
 01-12-2009, 05:40 AM         #13
tha_ape  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dreadlocks = scary hair

Why you want it?
Prostyle slapped this ish

01-12-2009, 06:51 AM         #14
tmich19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have had mine for bout 4 years... The only thing i can tell you is not to twist them by hand every minute like i see alot of people who are growing them do... that sh*t is annoying.... keep them neat.. and keep your scalp greased.. don't let it get dry on you.... and if you have a beauty supply store around ur house... you can get this stuff called herbal cleanser in a purple bottle that keeps your scalp clean and moisturized in the meantime when you can't get them twisted.. you can pm me for some more advice.. i have websites for special dreadlock products if u want them.. propz on growing out ur hair. too.......
 9 years ago '06        #15
Southern_Boi 
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
Really don't listen to this n*gga.

You try twisting dreads from 1-3 inches and your sh*t will hardly grow at a good rate, not to mention during the locking process your dreads shrink, hard to have new growth with tiny a.ss dreads. You wait till 5-6 inches and your hair is already thick with a lot of new growth around, not some tiny a.ss worms growing.

And you can wash your dreads once you first twist, it's called dry shampoo. Twist-n-lock gel ain't sh*t either. You shouldn't use any gel for your dreads, it dries up and breaks your hair when it flakes out, you don't want that, especially at the roots. People always say bad things about beeswax but it's what you need to dread quick. Your dreads won't look bad if the person doing it doesn't put tons on each dread, and dries it properly. Twist-N-Lock should only be used after your hair locks up to tie down any loose hairs.

And don't twist every 2-weeks seriously. You do that you'll end up with thin dreads, that'll either break at the roots down the line, or using twist-N-Lock with tiny a.ss dreads will break them.

See dude dont know what the fu*k he talkin bout. 5-6 inches and your hair wont lock up right, because when you do it wont grow in even first of all. Because with that much hair when you twist it and you want a lot of dreads (small ones) the base wont lock up evenly for a lot of them causing a lot of them to pop when you start getting retwisted.

[pic - click to view]

^ see how some of those look shorter? thats because she twisted up when her sh*t was long and that caused some of the roots to pop because it couldnt lock up evenly as it grew in

Same goes for if you dont want a lot of em and you get the bigger dreads, because they are so long and you get them twisted they lock up different and pop or grow in uneven without popping like for example the middle part of the dread will be fatter than the base

and then the n*gga got the nerve to call me wrong and say this dumb sh*t

n*gga dry shampoo is bullsh*t but do you. TwistNLoc gel one of the many gels that doesnt drie up and break your sh*t. But guess what the main one is that does? Beeswax. You you dread up faster but thats because that sh*t doesnt wash out it sits there in your hair, with beeswax your sh*t doesnt even have to really lock the beeswax holds it together and then dries up making your sh*t look ugly. Thats how white people get dreads, they put a lot of beeswax in their sh*t and thats also the reason they can get their regular hair back without chopping it all off they wash that sh*t out with a lot of conditioner if their hair was really locked then the conditioner wouldnt do sh*t.

The fact that this n*gga says to use twist n loc to tie down loose hairs tells me he dont know what the fu*k he talkin bout. Twist n loc isnt some heavy a.ss gel like beeswax in the first place. Twist n loc doesnt do that, if your hair locks and you have loose hair your supposed to trim those loose hairs not try and tie em down because if its really locked theres no point in trying to get the looses ones in, its "locked" it wont open up to let another hair in because you put some gel on it.

I said getting them done every 2 weeks because thats when his sh*t is short and hair grows faster when its short. it grows even faster each time you get retwisted. By the time its locked , unless his sh*t grow real slow, he should be and 5 inches and can wait a month between.

You can get your sh*t done a when its long but bra Im just telling you its better to do it when its short. And if you think im bullsh*ttin about that beeswax sh*t just ask any professional should you use beeswax or twist n loc. If just one says beeswax is better for your sh*t disregard everything I said

Last edited by Southern_Boi; 01-12-2009 at 09:54 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #16
Bourbon Finest 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,624 | Props total: 410 410
 Southern_Boi said:
See dude dont know what the fu*k he talkin bout. 5-6 inches and your hair wont lock up right, because when you do it wont grow in even first of all. Because with that much hair when you twist it and you want a lot of dreads (small ones) the base wont lock up evenly for a lot of them causing a lot of them to pop when you start getting retwisted.

[pic - click to view]

^ see how some of those look shorter? thats because she twisted up when her sh*t was long and that caused some of the roots to pop because it couldnt lock up evenly as it grew in

Same goes for if you dont want a lot of em and you get the bigger dreads, because they are so long and you get them twisted they lock up different and pop or grow in uneven without popping like for example the middle part of the dread will be fatter than the base

and then the n*gga got the nerve to call me wrong and say this dumb sh*t

n*gga dry shampoo is bullsh*t but do you. TwistNLoc gel one of the many gels that doesnt drie up and break your sh*t. But guess what the main one is that does? Beeswax. You you dread up faster but thats because that sh*t doesnt wash out it sits there in your hair, with beeswax your sh*t doesnt even have to really lock the beeswax holds it together and then dries up making your sh*t look ugly. Thats how white people get dreads, they put a lot of beeswax in their sh*t and thats also the reason they can get their regular hair back without chopping it all off they wash that sh*t out with a lot of conditioner if their hair was really locked then the conditioner wouldnt do sh*t.

The fact that this n*gga says to use twist n loc to tie down loose hairs tells me he dont know what the fu*k he talkin bout. Twist n loc isnt some heavy a.ss gel like beeswax in the first place. Twist n loc doesnt do that, if your hair locks and you have loose hair your supposed to trim those loose hairs not try and tie em down because if its really locked theres no point in trying to get the looses ones in, its "locked" it wont open up to let another hair in because you put some gel on it.

I said getting them done every 2 weeks because thats when his sh*t is short and hair grows faster when its short. it grows even faster each time you get retwisted. By the time its locked , unless his sh*t grow real slow, he should be and 5 inches and can wait a month between.

You can get your sh*t done a when its long but bra Im just telling you its better to do it when its short. And if you think im bullsh*ttin about that beeswax sh*t just ask any professional should you use beeswax or twist n loc. If just one says beeswax is better for your sh*t disregard everything I said
i get mines retwist like every 3 weeks but i use twist n loc gel. hair growing like crazy
 9 years ago '04        #17
stay alert 
space
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 56 56
 Cantankerous said:

listen 2 what he is saying, you will go through the ugly stage until they finally lock, cause b4 they lock u cant wash ur hair or nothing they will come out. Get your hair retwisted every 2 - 3 months, cause if u do it be4 that u will aggravate the root and thats y they will break off. I used to 2 get mines retwisted ever 3months. I've had mine for 8years now, and now since they r long i have to get mines retwisted every month cause of the new growth, I might have 2 cut em.
 9 years ago '05        #18
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
jamaican mango and lime twist and lock gel the first time then use the creme for whenever u get retwisted. smells great keeps ya sh*t from itching and flaking and promotes locking. sh*t makes your hair grow fast as hell no bullsh*t. also use the medicated spray ocassionally. mine havent quite locked yet but it's doing way better from when i was getting done with regular gel or beeswax. beeswax sucks its not for someone who does active sh*t it maybe cool for people who work in an office type enviroment or don't do anything physical. first time u sweat it's over. avoid beeswax if u do physical sh*t.

Last edited by dmunson318; 01-12-2009 at 07:43 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #19
Southern_Boi 
space
space
 stay alert said:
listen 2 what he is saying, you will go through the ugly stage until they finally lock, cause b4 they lock u cant wash ur hair or nothing they will come out. Get your hair retwisted every 2 - 3 months, cause if u do it be4 that u will aggravate the root and thats y they will break off. I used to 2 get mines retwisted ever 3months. I've had mine for 8years now, and now since they r long i have to get mines retwisted every month cause of the new growth, I might have 2 cut em.
Bra im tellin you, if you start when your sh*t is short 2-3 weeks is good. But if you got thin hair just wait until you got no less than 2 inches of newgrowth

When your sh*t been locked for a minute and gets long or is already long then do that month sh*t. Because after that you can get em retwisted when you want, some people like a lot of newgrowth or some people sh*t just grow slower so do how you feel.

Listen to the Floridas boys man trust me, we dont just grow our sh*t so we can shake em when n*ggas "go dumb". Listen to that bay area n*gga and put beeswax in your sh*t if you want to
 9 years ago '04        #20
stay alert 
space
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 56 56
 Southern_Boi said:
Bra im tellin you, if you start when your sh*t is short 2-3 weeks is good. But if you got thin hair just wait until you got no less than 2 inches of newgrowth

When your sh*t been locked for a minute and gets long or is already long then do that month sh*t. Because after that you can get em retwisted when you want, some people like a lot of newgrowth or some people sh*t just grow slower so do how you feel.

Listen to the Floridas boys man trust me, we dont just grow our sh*t so we can shake em when n*ggas "go dumb". Listen to that bay area n*gga and put beeswax in your sh*t if you want to
I was born and raised in west palm beach, florida. I've had my dreads for 8 years, I know what i am talkin about
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
106 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy