Illmatic VS Me Against the World... (Which is the better album)???

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Illmatic Or Me Against The World???
Illmatic 29 53.70%
Me Against The World 25 46.30%
Voters: 54. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #61
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
Illmatic is the greatest album in history, you tell me....

I listen to Illmatic each week, it's the best album no doubt, MATW is a top 10 thou
 01-12-2009, 12:09 AM         #62
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Me against the world.

sike.
 01-12-2009, 12:24 AM         #63
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
Me against the world.

sike.
that sh*t made me laugh
 01-12-2009, 12:29 AM         #64
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngholla said:
damn, these vs. threads really expose the biasness inside of n*ggas....but imo matw>>>>>>overrated a.ss mixtape of an illmatic.....sh*t is no contest...matw content was more relatable, and heartfelt...with exception of a few cuts, illmatic was no more than incoherent rambling
How is Illmatic like a mixtape?
 9 years ago '06        #65
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 71 71
 annaba said:
^^^Yep "It Was Written" was better than "Illimatic" too.
Negative, It was written was the perfect follow up album...it was crack.....
but Illmatic over MATW....I can throw that bi*ch in and not skip a track and keep throwin it back...
 01-12-2009, 01:03 AM         #66
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AK1 said:
Then I guess MATW is a demo?
He probably calls it a mixtape because it's short. But usually, mixtapes are bloated with skits, and filler songs. The songs usually aren't focused, some have hooks, some are just one long a.ss verse. Mixtapes are just all over the place. Which is why it's called a mixtape. Illmatic is nothing like that.
 01-12-2009, 02:51 AM         #67
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dog, u gotta go back and listen to ready to die. big is talking about real life sh*t. yea he goes a little over board, but that is the genius about him. his flow and delivery is UNMATCHED TO DATE. no one has spit like big since big in 97.

fu*k the world, fu*k my moms and my girl, my life is played out like the jheri curl, im ready to die..... u can relate to what hes sayin sometimes. its kinda like mood music, but it is so great u can listen any time. u feel the same sh*t some times. he is a real n*gga with a crazy flow rippin it on EVERY track on ready to die. flow, charisma, lyrics, his subject matter mostly all revolves around one main topic "ready to die". he has songs like big poppa and juicy that are timeless. this album is untouched.

but hear me when i say, i can definitely feel where you're coming from if youre not into bigs type of music.
big was a real "n*gga"??? Ummm, even Volleta Wallace herself has debunked that theory but oh well... to each his own, but still... calling Ready To Die a great album just...... its like.... ummmm......
 02-16-2009, 02:01 AM         #68
CommSense123  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Hurt said:
u gotta be fu*kin joking

if u no nothing bout the nation of islam and the supreme mathematics supreme alphabetics and the 120 lessons

then ur a fool to think one of pacs albums isnt better then that sh*t illmatic

check the avy:cool-smiley-009:
i know a decent amount about everything you just mentioned. i also know a great deal about other superstitions as well as the nation of islam and all those other silly little beliefs. The funny thing about this whole this is that you are basing your liking for a rapper not based on skill but based on your understanding of discredited superstitions, funny sounding proverbs, and basic math equations that are constantly being changed in order to prop up superstition. its time to evolve. use your head.
 02-16-2009, 02:05 AM         #69
CommSense123  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
2pac wasn't that kind of rapper so if you go into any of his albums expecting super clever lyricism, you're going to be disappointed...

I love Illmatic but honestly, it isn't anywhere near Me Against The World.... Young n*ggaz >>>>> Every track on Illmatic

Lord Knows >>>>> Every track on Illmatic

Dear Mama >>>>> Every track on Illmatic

2pac took it to a whole other level and no album that I've listened to that came out before or after Me Against The World has been able to touch it.... Me Against The World in my opinion is the greatest rap album of all time... Illmatic is second.... Only reason I didn't put The Don k!lluminati as 2nd is cuz it has a pretty freakin weak track IE. "Toss It Up" but for the most part its pretty solid and ranks as one of the top rap albums I have.... it probably comes in 3rd place....

Life's A bi*ch >>>> Ambitions As A Ridah.... that song is pretty good when you wanna fu*k sh*t up but that song really is not anywehre near one of Pac's best songs....
if youre not listening to hip hop for lyricism (i.e. skillful use of words) then youre listening to it as POP MUSIC rather than HIP HOP. when that happens youre basing it on your opinion rather than something closer to facts. dont argue opinion its a slippery slope.
 9 years ago '06        #70
angelo noel 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,814 | Props total: 1393 1393
Mos def Illmatic.
 9 years ago '05        #71
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3269 3269
Whoever said Apples and Oranges wins this thread.

I mean I personally like Illmatic better but I'm not gonna say it's a better album. IMO, there's a good amount of albums that I'd consider all around the same level. Illmatic is my favorite album partly because of how nostalgic it is. I can just listen to the Memory Lane beat and it makes me feel like I'm walking down a New York Street in the 1990's. Nas just has a way of painting a picture with the beats and lyrics combined..it's almost as if nobody does it like he does.

I mean right in the first verse of NY State of Mind you can picture the ghetto of Queensbridge Projects even if you've never been there. I mean Cmon:

Rappers I monkey flip em with the funky rhythm I be kickin
Musician, inflictin composition
of pain I'm like Scarface sniffin cocaine
Holdin a M-16, see with the pen I'm extreme, now
Bulletholes left in my peepholes
I'm suited up in street clothes
Hand me a nine and I'll defeat foes
Y'all know my steelo with or without the airplay
I keep some E&J, sittin bent up in the stairway
Or either on the corner bettin grands with the celo champs
Laughin at baseheads, tryin to sell some broken amps
G-Packs get off quick, forever n*ggaz talk sh*t
Remeniscing about the last time the Task Force flipped
n*ggaz be runnin through the block shootin
Time to start the revolution, catch a body head for hell
Once they caught us off guard, the Mac-10 was in the grass and
I ran like a cheetah with thoughts of an a.ssassin

I mean so effortless he just gives you a clear picture of Queensbridge through half a verse. It only gets more vivid as the story goes on.

Pac's a little different because he doesn't give you that same mental picture, but he does give you with his emotion and the clever and powerful way he delivers it. Thats why the 2 albums can never be better than one another, they're just hip hop classics. It all comes down to what you prefer.
 02-16-2009, 03:10 AM         #72
Motivated  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vikvon said:
2 completely diff albums

MATW is darker and more of Pac expressing his thoughts with the world.
Illmatic is classic east coast about the street life with incredible lyrics.

Both are classic but its personal preference and depends on which one you wanna bump at the time cuz I love the hell outta both of em.

u deserve props
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy