Illmatic VS Me Against the World... (Which is the better album)???

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
75 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
117 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Illmatic Or Me Against The World???
Illmatic 29 53.70%
Me Against The World 25 46.30%
Voters: 54. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #41
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
 S.D.174 said:
lmfao so your denying that pac aint completely rip off it was written? dude heard nas's cd in 95 when it was completed, and ripped ideas like he had before. my girlfriend = i gave u power. that can't be anymore obvious. dude straight stole the street dreams beat and made all eyez on me. who you think nas was talking about with dre on the intro to nas is coming on it was written? "n*ggas is stealing beats and your whole technique"? your gonna be that blind about it? that aint facts?
let me see Nas said he got shot & left the hospital the same night, damn I wonder who that happened to
 9 years ago '04        #42
DezCaughtIt 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,179 | Props total: 32 32
 '79 said:
apples
and
oranges

no matter how hard you try
u just can't compare them
oranges are definitely better
 9 years ago '05        #43
rippac4 
space
space
 RocawearMan said:
I fu*ks with the green apples more
 01-11-2009, 01:28 PM         #44
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Illmatic is 9 songs, 1 intro, 2 songs on there I cant even listen to without falling asleep. He got hits on there thought "The World is Yours" and "NY State Of Mind" but some other tracks just don't have any identity. I can definitely see how someone could love Illmatic, though.

Me Against the World was just on some emotional, I don't give a fu*k about anything, crazy sh*t. 2 songs on there I skip, and 2/15 is better than 2/10.

I put Ready to Die over both though.
u k!lled me on that last comment though.... Ready To Die better than Illmatic and Me Against The World??? What the fu*k r u smokin man??? Ready To Die doesn't even come up on the radar when i think of best rap albums
 01-11-2009, 01:35 PM         #45
'79  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RocawearMan said:
 rippac4 said:
I fu*ks with the green apples more

see what I mean

01-11-2009, 01:37 PM         #46
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol its still a girl track. its a track the label forced him to do. i did "Actually" listen i own the damn cd. how else would i know he was ripping nas's sh*t. the beats we can disagree on.that all opinion, so no use arguing that. in hip hop, "biting" is not accepted and is disrepected, esp in 94/95 when u had artist like the wu shouting on tracks don't bite our sh*t, so yea, it does matter.
anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if he did take some of NaS' ideas, even his Outlawz said 2Pac was a fan of NaS.... and I think its pretty obvious NaS is a fan of 2pac...

but still Young n*ggaz & Life's A bi*ch don't even sound alike, I don't know how u came to that conclusion, but lets say he did, 2Pac still pulled it off better...
 9 years ago '05        #47
rippac4 
space
space
 '79 said:
see what I mean

9 years ago '04        #48
space
space
 AlexG1989 said:
u k!lled me on that last comment though.... Ready To Die better than Illmatic and Me Against The World??? What the fu*k r u smokin man??? Ready To Die doesn't even come up on the radar when i think of best rap albums
damn to each his own, i respect your opinion, but to me ready to die is the best rap album ever, and i know im not alone on that
 9 years ago '05        #49
trb_5 
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 751 751
 S.D.174 said:
illmatic is miles ahead of this cd. you think pac wasn't influenced by this cd? where you think he got the concept for young n*ggaz (life's a bi*ch) and old school (memory lane). wont be the last time he stole concepts from nas. lyrically the thread starter said it himself, there is no comparison. the beats, illmatic has the edge. illmatic has no filler tracks, while me against the world is full of em ( can u get away,heavy in the game, old school). me against the world has more emotion on the album as in pac's delivery/voice. nas depends on the imagery and connection to his lyrics for his emotion, and that's a more personal experience. unlike me against the world, you gotta be from the hood to fully feel nas on illmatic, fuk what any1 says if they disagree with that last statement. maybe if pac had more creative control and aint have to do the girls songs, he would have a chance to have a better cd. very good cd, but nowhere near illmatic
you tryna say old school is a filler track..your whole statement is voided now..

you dont have to use fancy language and metaphors to get your point across..i always preferred ppl like guru, scarface, z-ro, pac over those new york "hiphop" artists...because most of you aint saying nothing...you may be rapping but it doesnt mean much...but then again thats just how i feel

Last edited by trb_5; 01-11-2009 at 01:49 PM..
 01-11-2009, 02:01 PM         #50
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn to each his own, i respect your opinion, but to me ready to die is the best rap album ever, and i know im not alone on that
with Illmatic I'd understand why some would call it the best rap album ever, and I understaand why some would call Me Against The World the best rap album of all time... but Ready To DIe??? I mean, I don't know about u but I'm not really into rappers who talk about beating women (and actually do it), and who's subject matter never really changes up at all... Ready To Die is just the same thing over and over... I'm a gangsta, i sell drugs, I'll k!ll you, bi*ch I beat you up, bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch hoe, I'll fu*k u and leave I'm a gangsta, I sell drugss, I'll k!ll you, bi*ch I beat you up, bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch hoe...

I mean, that's ready to die right there.... Like I said, Illmatic and Me Against The World I understand why some would rank'em as the greatest rap albums of all time, but Ready To Die???
 9 years ago '05        #51
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 AlexG1989 said:
with Illmatic I'd understand why some would call it the best rap album ever, and I understaand why some would call Me Against The World the best rap album of all time... but Ready To DIe??? I mean, I don't know about u but I'm not really into rappers who talk about beating women (and actually do it), and who's subject matter never really changes up at all... Ready To Die is just the same thing over and over... I'm a gangsta, i sell drugs, I'll k!ll you, bi*ch I beat you up, bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch hoe, I'll fu*k u and leave I'm a gangsta, I sell drugss, I'll k!ll you, bi*ch I beat you up, bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch hoe...

I mean, that's ready to die right there.... Like I said, Illmatic and Me Against The World I understand why some would rank'em as the greatest rap albums of all time, but Ready To Die???

Ur more of a r*pe kinda guy, then turn around and drop Keep yo head up!!
 01-11-2009, 02:42 PM         #52
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ur more of a r*pe kinda guy, then turn around and drop Keep yo head up!!
actually Keep Ya Head Up was dropped before that phony r*pe case was put on Tupac... Don't tell me you actually believe he r*ped that girl??? Cause for one, Tupac didn't even go to jail for r*pe you idiot... He was never accused of that... I forgot exactly the term they used, but it was definately not r*pe... If I believed tupac r*ped that girl, I wouldn't listen to hsi music at all... There was no evidence that pointed to Tupac raping the girl anyway, have you even looked into the case??? I have... and I'm pretty sure you haven't.... besides, I wouldn't really believe a word out of a skanky wh0ore that would give a dude she don't even know a blowjob in the middle of a dance floor...
 9 years ago '06        #53
AdN 
space
space
$380 | Props total: 0 0
those 2 r my fav albums too but me against the world is just flawless....
 9 years ago '05        #54
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
Why dont you just ask where are you from. .the east coast. .or everywhere else

And the poll results would look about the same

Biased a.ss idiots

MATW>Illmatic
 9 years ago '05        #55
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 AlexG1989 said:
actually Keep Ya Head Up was dropped before that phony r*pe case was put on Tupac... Don't tell me you actually believe he r*ped that girl??? Cause for one, Tupac didn't even go to jail for r*pe you idiot... He was never accused of that... I forgot exactly the term they used, but it was definately not r*pe... If I believed tupac r*ped that girl, I wouldn't listen to hsi music at all... There was no evidence that pointed to Tupac raping the girl anyway, have you even looked into the case??? I have... and I'm pretty sure you haven't.... besides, I wouldn't really believe a word out of a skanky wh0ore that would give a dude she don't even know a blowjob in the middle of a dance floor...
Dude was an a**hole, please. If you think pac was a saint to women, and thats why u like him, ur oblivious.

Now dont get your panties in a bunch, Pac died thinking he was "that" thug, good for him. Thats whats up right?
 01-11-2009, 03:33 PM         #56
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude was an a**hole, please. If you think pac was a saint to women, and thats why u like him, ur oblivious.

Now dont get your panties in a bunch, Pac died thinking he was "that" thug, good for him. Thats whats up right?
when did I ever say 2pac was a saint to women??? You said somethin about the r*pe case, and I corrected you, so whats the problem???

but hey, at least we know for a fact biggie was an a**hole for sho beating his women like he was a badass
 01-11-2009, 03:37 PM         #57
youngholla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, these vs. threads really expose the biasness inside of n*ggas....but imo matw>>>>>>overrated a.ss mixtape of an illmatic.....sh*t is no contest...matw content was more relatable, and heartfelt...with exception of a few cuts, illmatic was no more than incoherent rambling
 01-11-2009, 04:31 PM         #58
The Hurt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
how the fu*k would u know 2pac got the concept for Young n*ggaz from NaS' Life's A bi*ch???... but let's say he did, does it really matter??? Both are 2 of the greatest rap songs I've ever heard, but in my opinion 2pac pulled it off better... and also, I think Me Against The World had better beats... and if you would've actually listened to Can U Get Away you would know there was an actual concept on that track, and it wasn't just like any other chick track... Heavy In The Game is pretty good to

i dont see how lifes a bi*ch could lead to a young n*ggaz track, unless nas was talkin bout some reincarnation of the death of your father and soon to become a young n*gga then yeah but other then that young n*ggaz is a message to the young informing them to not fu*k around wit the drugs and guns its way better then lifes a bi*ch if its wat ur looking for but there both good altho i look for young n*ggaz most

S.D.174 said:
lmfao so your denying that pac aint completely rip off it was written? dude heard nas's cd in 95 when it was completed, and ripped ideas like he had before. my girlfriend = i gave u power. that can't be anymore obvious. dude straight stole the street dreams beat and made all eyez on me. who you think nas was talking about with dre on the intro to nas is coming on it was written? "n*ggas is stealing beats and your whole technique"? your gonna be that blind about it? that aint facts?
say he did but nas was talkin bout how he in a bad situation. pac talkin bout how he loves to use his girlfriend while the s3x in public.

so in a real life situation nas would get owned by pac by his gun rappin ways

and if pac did get the style off of nas then how does pac go from thug life (as being a theology for life) to me against the world to all eyez on me to k!lluminati??

The
Hate
U
Give

Little
Infants
fu*ks
Everyone

meaning wat u give us as seeds will grow up and blow up in your face

thus meaning if u give me any more sh*t bout biting this and era that tell it to nas he aint got balls enough to drop n igge r

nas aint say no ill sh*t like that even he title his album stillmatic

YARKONE said:

no. pac died to k!ll illuminati plz check the sig its running jayz and obamaignorance

Last edited by The Hurt; 01-11-2009 at 04:32 PM..
 01-11-2009, 09:24 PM         #59
mak6962  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas Lost
 9 years ago '04        #60
space
space
 AlexG1989 said:

dog, u gotta go back and listen to ready to die. big is talking about real life sh*t. yea he goes a little over board, but that is the genius about him. his flow and delivery is UNMATCHED TO DATE. no one has spit like big since big in 97.

fu*k the world, fu*k my moms and my girl, my life is played out like the jheri curl, im ready to die..... u can relate to what hes sayin sometimes. its kinda like mood music, but it is so great u can listen any time. u feel the same sh*t some times. he is a real n*gga with a crazy flow rippin it on EVERY track on ready to die. flow, charisma, lyrics, his subject matter mostly all revolves around one main topic "ready to die". he has songs like big poppa and juicy that are timeless. this album is untouched.

but hear me when i say, i can definitely feel where you're coming from if youre not into bigs type of music.

Last edited by DezCaughtIt; 01-11-2009 at 11:29 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
117 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy