SUB COmparison[ALPINE TYPE R vs. RE audio SE series

most viewed right now
 117
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 103
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 100
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 76
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM         #1
7718 pageviews
8 comments


Sneakysh13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SUB COmparison[ALPINE TYPE R vs. RE audio SE series
 

 
my pit tore up my older subs once they were placed in my garage after and accident. n its time for a new pair of subs

Which one is most recommended

two 12 inch type R's

or two 12 inch RE audio SE Series Subs

8 comments for "SUB COmparison[ALPINE TYPE R vs. RE audio SE series"

 9 years ago '06        #2
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
Both are good quality subs. Are you going ported or sealed, and how much power are you planning on giving the subs?

I'd say 2 12" RE SE's with about 1200rms would be nice!
 9 years ago '05        #3
kurtd225 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$8,539 | Props total: 398 398
go with the re im doing with them but im getting the SX the big boys under the trippel X
 9 years ago '04        #4
OpeeFaSho 
space
avatar space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
RE SEs will sound way better than the type r and have the potential to get just as loud and low

But I think the SX is a better comparison to the Type R

Type Rs are good if your on a budget but personally I would go with REs
 01-09-2009, 06:25 AM         #5
biggdoggbbc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OpeeFaSho said:
RE SEs will sound way better than the type r and have the potential to get just as loud and low

But I think the SX is a better comparison to the Type R

Type Rs are good if your on a budget but personally I would go with REs
x2 the type r is a very good budget sub, but if you're not worried about price then i would go with the re
 9 years ago '05        #6
rshodunke 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,445 | Props total: 210 210
I've never really got to hear the RE sub, but like everyone else said above me if price is an issue, the Type R is the best bang for the buck. I have two in a custom ported box and they get low and are clean. But for what I've heard about them and seen on youtube, if you got the dough I would take the RE subs.
 9 years ago '04        #7
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,225 | Props total: 2222 2222
 rshodunke said:
I've never really got to hear the RE sub, but like everyone else said above me if price is an issue, the Type R is the best bang for the buck. I have two in a custom ported box and they get low and are clean. But for what I've heard about them and seen on youtube, if you got the dough I would take the RE subs.
You could get the SE's for about the same price as the type Rs.....I'd go with the SE's...they can get about as loud but sound a lot better doing it....
 01-09-2009, 08:17 PM         #8
Sneakysh13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn well i jus got a enclosure designed for 2 12 type R;s but it looks like im going to jus get one made for 2 12 RE audio subs. but as far as sound quality which is better the r's or RE audio SE 12's i plan on going ported and tuned to 35hz
 9 years ago '04        #9
OpeeFaSho 
space
avatar space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 Sneakysh13 said:
Damn well i jus got a enclosure designed for 2 12 type R;s but it looks like im going to jus get one made for 2 12 RE audio subs. but as far as sound quality which is better the r's or RE audio SE 12's i plan on going ported and tuned to 35hz

SE will have far better SQ than the Type R

Can't go wrong with either sub, but me personally I would tune a little lower between 28 - 32
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 54
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 40
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy