Biggie Is Overated.... Seriously

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-31-2008, 05:27 PM         #101
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ but biggie didn't have quality....
 9 years ago '08        #102
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,816 | Props total: 12510 12510
 waytoomuch said:
b.i.g. is cool as f**k but 2 the person that tried 2 justify big being on the same level as 2pac needs 2 realize that the only reason he's even mentioned in the same sentence as 2pac is bcuz they were both rivals and both ended up dyin. other than that, big's accomplishments is no where near 2pac's accomplishments whether when they were both alive or dead. biggie is like charity 2 me. people give him a top spot bcuz he's dead. pac earned it. n this is comin from a cat from BK.
should read "this comin from a cat who sucks tupac off all day long on boxden"
 9 years ago '08        #103
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 The Blueprint said:
should read "this comin from a cat who sucks tupac off all day long on boxden"
why u talking about yourself like that hommie??
 9 years ago '08        #104
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 AlexG1989 said:
^^^ but biggie didn't have quality....
dogg biggie had quality, idk why u trippin
 9 years ago '06        #105
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
the reverse pac stans is in effect.
 12-31-2008, 05:59 PM         #106
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dogg biggie had quality, idk why u trippin
every other track was quality... Juicy was quality, so was everyday struggles... i like some otehrs but really... the rest of the album gets stale abd old real quick... thats not quality...
 9 years ago '04        #107
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
 AlexG1989 said:
Liike, Jesus Christ!!!... I put Ready 2 Die on after like a year without listening to it just to give it a shot, and honestly I'm not seeing the hype...

There's a few songs here and there, like Juicy (A track I would rank among the greatest tracks ever in hip hop) that are pretty good but this album consists mainly of nothing but "I'm a gangster, and I'll shoot u, I'll k!ll u, I don't care if your pregnant, bi*ch, bi*ch, bi*ch, bi*ch, bi*ch, bi*ch, bi*ch, bi*ch... I'll fu*k u and leave, bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch bi*ch bithc u stupid bi*ch"

I mean... really... Why is he even in anybody's top 5??? why is he even anywhere near 2pac's status??? BIG was a good lyricist, but that's pretty much it... his song making ability was lackluster

I mean... I really see no difference between biggie and 50cent except that biggie is far more lyrical... but their content consists of the same thing.... gangster/club/bi*ches and repeat.... granted I don't think 50's ever done a everyday struggles type track (Which is one of my favs on ready to die) but still, that was only one track that actually had any meaning and replayability... also, Juicy... that's about it though...

all the others get stale after a while...

Although,my fav BIG track of all time has to be Missin You.... beautiful track.. love it... too bad he didn't do tracks like that more often... if so, my opinion of him might be a little different...
 01-01-2009, 01:22 PM         #108
Lucas Jackson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggie really suffered from the face he did not live longer and only got to put out 2 albums, i would rank his two albums somewhere in best 1000 hip hop albums of all of the times but one has to say that he is nowhere near the afromented 2Pac when it comes to song making ability or anywhere close to a well rounded emcee, Biggie didnt have time to grow as an artist but one has to say his belly did a fair amount of growing when he was alive, rumours were rampant he couldnt even see his own p*nis. Now that ladies and gentlemen is no laughing matter.

Gracias,

Lucas Jackson.
 9 years ago '04        #109
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #110
DJ Endo 
space
space
$924 | Props total: 68 68
 Dope Bai said:
First off, threadstarter was like 8 when BIG passed...Second, to me, BIG is the GOAT. I was like 13 to 14 when I first heard BIG, and when I first heard party and bullsh*t, I knew this dude was the sh*t. I grew up listening to BIG. All these young dudes listening to BIG years after fact, and making comments. I was listening to BIG on the radio on some "Here's the brand new spanking BIG track, Juicy", when they were world premiering it and sh*t.

Y'all saying BIG is overated, is like me saying Marvin Gaye or James Brown or Al Green is overated, like the sh*t my pops listens too. The whole joke is, I don't even think these guys are overated either.

BIG could spit, point blank. Ain't no one in the world that could ever spit like BIG did.

You youngin's saying BIG is overated means nothing to me. Couple of my homies, got kids almost your age...Go to sleep, it's past your bed time...

Don't make me have to take my belt off...
^^^:applause:

Lmao @ lil kids thinking they know it all.
 01-01-2009, 02:59 PM         #111
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm willing to bet I know mroe about hip hop than u u dipsh*t ^^^
 9 years ago '07        #112
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
fist off, damn mentioning Tupac in this thread cuz its about Biggie.

second, Biggie is overrated only in respect to those who say he is the greatest rapper of all time. That is a huge statement for a dude with such a small catalogue. He only did 2 albums...you know how many rappers would be gassed up if they died shortly?

What if Nas died after It Was Written? There would never be mediocre stuff like Nastradamus in his catalogue.
What if Ice Cube died after death Certificate?
What if LL Cool J died after Bigger and Deffer?
What if Snoop Dog died after Doggystyle?
What if DMX died after Flesh of My Flesh?

You feel me? These rappers went on to have extensive catalogues, some of them are considered the greatests while others are considered great rappers who fell off, but if they died right after they peaked people would consider them the greatest period. I mean does DMX even crack peoples top 20 list anymore? Same with Snoop Dog...but if they died right after they showed you what they brought to the rap game, it would leave you wondering what else would they have done.

Now I'm not saying Biggie would have either fell off hard or stayed strong, no one can tell so there is no point in arguing. Biggie can't be considered the greatest rapper ever because he was just beginning to make his mark.

However Biggie is a great rapper, a phenomenal lyricist and was definately gifted. If you think Biggie is wack then you're smoking crack.

On an end note, stop comparing Biggie and Tupac. Most of you are just stans who suck off one and bash the other. It makes no sense why you can't enjoy or appreciate what both of these artists did without having to bi*ch about the other one. They both made great music and they are both renown for what they did.
 9 years ago '04        #113
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
 AlexG1989 said:
I'm willing to bet I know mroe about hip hop than u u dipsh*t ^^^

[pic - click to view]

01-01-2009, 04:03 PM         #114
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause: ur so smart... ^^^
 01-01-2009, 04:21 PM         #115
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i knew u had to be to young at the time to get big.. ur b-day just confirms it... u have to think about the time frame that joint came out. Big was far from overrated
This is one of the most ridiculous things you could ever say...

Illmatic came out in 94, just a year after Ready To Die did, and I love Illmatic. How a listener perceives music has absolutely nothing to do with whether they listened to it at the time of its debut.

Me Against The World came out 2 years after Ready To Die, and Me Against The World is one of my fav albums... Thug Life came out the same year that Ready To Die came out, and I love that album. I mean, your reasoning is just plain ridiculous...

and yes, BIG is far from the greatest.... very very far
 9 years ago '04        #116
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
 AlexG1989 said:
:applause: ur so smart... ^^^
 9 years ago '04        #117
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
 9 years ago '04        #118
bassfiend316 
space
space
$8,576 | Props total: 0 0
look at it this way.

If biggie was alive today, still on bad boy, would you be calling him a sellout for making platinum-selling commercial music (a-la 50 Cent)? Or would his career be a flop if he sold 200k but made a "good" album (Nas)? if 50 Cent died when he "got shot 9 times" he would be a legend now too. maybe GOAT. but since he didnt, everybody hates him. big's career wasnt long enough to be a legend, IMO. he may have changed a lot (like some of you say pac did, eminem did, etc.) if he had more time to make music, and with puffy on the boards...:( People rate him on POTENTIAL. His body of work doesnt include enough to make me consider him goat. MAYBE top 20.

anyways, i dont like biggie, i respect what he did, made some good music, not a legend. dont like 50 cent either lol, but respect him too. But Jay sucks haha :disdain23:

But on the other hand, I was born in 1986 AND I'm white AND I'm from Kansas, so I don't know sh*t about "real hip hop"...
 01-01-2009, 09:00 PM         #119
ThaRealest11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BIG never overrated
fu*k what you're talkin about
 9 years ago '07        #120
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
Illmatic came out in 94, just a year after Ready To Die did, and I love Illmatic. How a listener perceives music has absolutely nothing to do with whether they listened to it at the time of its debut.

Me Against The World came out 2 years after Ready To Die, and Me Against The World is one of my fav albums... Thug Life came out the same year that Ready To Die came out, and I love that album. I mean, your reasoning is just plain ridiculous...

Ready to Die came out in 94 just like Illmatic. Me Against the World came out in 95.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy