Biggie Is Overated.... Seriously

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
252 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-31-2008, 12:21 PM         #41
killahshan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrilledCheese said:
He started as the digital undergrounds DJ in oakland. He was born in Brooklyn. What do you think his background was?
i wonder why people always get his place of birth wrong..he was NOT born in brookyln.He was born in the Bronx...
 9 years ago '08        #42
phantom4life 
space
space
space
$825 | Props total: 23 23
I can respect ur opinion in saying big was overrated. but to say ready to die only had two god songs is downright disrespectful. first off, anybody that was around and listenin knew from the begginin that big was before his time. pac too. the first time i heard party and bullshyt and juicy i knew. the first time i heard trapped and brendas got a baby i knew. where were you? i can tell you young just by how u said u put the album down for a year and gave it another try like its still new to u. when i put in rtd it takes me back to a time where you had to put out classic albums and biggie and pac was on top then. yea big only made 2 albums (3 discs) but his short body of work is still unmatched to this day! neitha one of em was scared to say what they felt and thats what makes a true artist. if u feel big or pac is overrated then cool, thats u. but dont try to discredit their undeniable talents and contributions to hip-hop. yall young n*ggas is disrespectful man.
 12-31-2008, 12:38 PM         #43
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that album is classic. whether biggie is overrated i dont know. but that album is insane. are you sure you listening to the right album? you must be from the south or something
Southern Cali... and its not like I have anything against NY music... I luv Illmatic, and It Was Written By Nas... its just biggie's music isn't that good imo

1st off, put your Clay Aiken cd back in and listen to that. 2nd, it's obvious that you don't know sh*t about hip-hop or you would have never opened your mouth to say some gay sh*t like that. Then to say your favorite Biggie track is "Missing You" proves that you gotta be a very sensitive guy. Thats the softest song he ever did! Then you say Biggie is all bi*ch this, bi*ch that, k!ll,kill, in his lyrics; what the fu*k was Pac saying, nursery rhymes?! Biggie is THE most influential east coast lyricist of all time. He inspired countless trends and styles that continue 2 this day. Then 2 say his song makin ability was lackluster? Check the billboard charts you dumbass!! Hypnotize and Mo money mo Problems were both #1 hits and both were on billboard for god knows how long. One More Chance, Big Poppa, ring a bell?! And Biggie did'nt write sh*t down. He was the 1st rapper ever to say he did'nt write his lyrics before these clones started sayin it. So as far as your thread goes its plain 2 see your either 13 years old or you just gay. Educate yourself and keep your dumbass opinions to yourself, because your makin yourself look like an idiot.
So, I don't know sh*t about hip hop because I don't just blindly say biggie is one of the greatest??? (Which he clearly isn't) Sooo many rappers are just plain better than BIG

Biggie track is "Missing You" proves that you gotta be a very sensitive guy. Thats the softest song he ever did
Let me guess, ur fav biggie track is big poppa which proves your some sort of super pimp right??? Or maybe ur fav track is machine gun funk, hmmm that must prove that u are some sort of super thug right??? ur an idiot so I won't even bother with the rest of ur post...

in my opinion and ONLY my own.. The thing that mad Biggie and Pac great wasn't the same. Pac was unpredictable, all the attention wasn’t on his music is was more so on what he’s going to do next where as Big, people wanted to actually hear what he was going to say. Pac was more of a hypocrite >>“Brenda had a baby” to “How do you want it” how do you go from one extreme to the next on that far of a margin?
only black people saw Pac as smart and witty in most cases, but everyone else looked at him like a n*gga with just a lot of babble coming from ya mouth. You cant justify shooting a n*gga up, and constantly talking about how our hoods are always in the pits because we put it there when you yourself is putting it there with ya constant hate on Big

Pacs flow was repetitive, where as Big brought you depth which is why Pac been deep for years but it took Biggie one shot at spitting a rhyme about a bi*ch he fu*ked and almost got caught( I have a story to tell) for him to be labeled one of the greatest story tellers EVER “10 crack commandments”<< sheer genius. Pac has waaaaaaaaay more albums than Big but biggie with only his 2 yet and still have more quotables than Pac.
lol, this isn't a who's better pac or big thread.... u gusy started that but since we're onthe subject.... No.... I'd go as far as sayin pac having way more quotables than biggie...

I don't mean witty lines like biggie's that people won't even remember 20 years from now...

I'm talking about lines like

"No Malcolm X in my history text, why's that?
Cuz he tried to liberate, and educate all blacks

Why is Martin Luther King in my book each week?
he told blacks if they get smacked, turn the other cheek"

That's a fu*king quotable!... not only did it take thought to write down, but its something that will make the listener think about it on his own.. like it did me.... and that was just off his first album....

Let me quote some more off of memory

"and think, I'm old enough to go to war, but not old enough to drink" (Not the exact quote, I haven't heard the song in a while but the song is Po n*gga Blues)

"Why do ghetto birds die before we learn to fly"

There are so many more but forget it...

and uhhhhh, biggie for sure ain't the best story teller ever.... both pac and technique beat him in that category...
 12-31-2008, 12:56 PM         #44
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You're absolutely correct.

But why post this hear? Most people in this section are fu*king retards who know nothing about real hip hop.

The fact they think your age is relevant is telling of that.

Biggie content matter was a fu*king shambles. So he could throw a few words together in a rhythmic manner. Who fu*king cares? Once you GROW UP you'll realise that you can have all the lyrical ability in the world, but if you aren't saying anything of value it's irrelivent.

There's so many better artists than Big it's unreal. He was just a fat wasteman with immature 'gangster' rhymes.
 9 years ago '08        #45
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 The Blueprint said:
Take the ballerinas decayed d*ck out your mouth you fu*king f*g**t.
biggie was never a ballerina
 12-31-2008, 01:01 PM         #46
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What do you think rap was in the early and mid 90's? How old are you??
Obvioulsy you forgot about:
Warning
Machine gun funk
Respect
Big poppa
One more chance
Nope, I heard all those tracks.... Machine Gun Funk and Respect suck major a.ss... the other 3 are pretty good but get stale after while, hence why I haven't played my Ready to Die album in over a year... I gave it a spin last night just to give it a shot but it still sounds the same to me... I had the same problem Common's Be... I didn't like it when I first heard it, then later on I gave it a shot and now its one of my fav rap albums ever... Biggie just isn't that good to me... I don't see the hype... I've heard most of his supposedly "GREAT" tracks, but there's only a few I actually felt were worthy of being called great...

Juicy = great track, love
Missin You = Great Track
One More Chance, OG, and remix are both great
Pac was a poet who only became gangster after suge knight paid his legal bills and asked him to act gangster for the death row persona.
Pac pre-death row and during were way different. And pac was going to leave death row with all the extra sh*t he recorded before he died. Real talk.
Dude, I don't care how ganster tupac was.... even though you're wrong in what u said and I'll explain why in a bit... but I don't care about pac's "gangster" tracks.. I haven't heard 2 Of Amerikaz most Wanted in Zeus knows how long...

Pac was way more of a "gangster" before he got on death row even though he didn't rap about it as much... During his deathrow stint, I don't think pac shot 2 cops, or got beat up by cops for jay-walking... If anything, deathrow pac was a more toned down, fit for society type dude than his pre-death row days...

I can respect ur opinion in saying big was overrated. but to say ready to die only had two god songs is downright disrespectful. first off, anybody that was around and listenin knew from the begginin that big was before his time. pac too. the first time i heard party and bullshyt and juicy i knew. the first time i heard trapped and brendas got a baby i knew. where were you? i can tell you young just by how u said u put the album down for a year and gave it another try like its still new to u. when i put in rtd it takes me back to a time where you had to put out classic albums and biggie and pac was on top then. yea big only made 2 albums (3 discs) but his short body of work is still unmatched to this day! neitha one of em was scared to say what they felt and thats what makes a true artist. if u feel big or pac is overrated then cool, thats u. but dont try to discredit their undeniable talents and contributions to hip-hop. yall young n*ggas is disrespectful man

I never said there's ony 2 good tracks on the whole album... fine... I'll list the ones I liked

One More Chance
The What
Juicy
Everyday Struggles
Big Poppa
Unbelievable
Suicidal Thoughts
Who Shot Ya
Just Playing

the rest jsut get stale as hell after a while
 9 years ago '07        #47
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
First off, threadstarter was like 8 when BIG passed...Second, to me, BIG is the GOAT. I was like 13 to 14 when I first heard BIG, and when I first heard party and bullsh*t, I knew this dude was the sh*t. I grew up listening to BIG. All these young dudes listening to BIG years after fact, and making comments. I was listening to BIG on the radio on some "Here's the brand new spanking BIG track, Juicy", when they were world premiering it and sh*t.

Y'all saying BIG is overated, is like me saying Marvin Gaye or James Brown or Al Green is overated, like the sh*t my pops listens too. The whole joke is, I don't even think these guys are overated either.

BIG could spit, point blank. Ain't no one in the world that could ever spit like BIG did.

You youngin's saying BIG is overated means nothing to me. Couple of my homies, got kids almost your age...Go to sleep, it's past your bed time...

Don't make me have to take my belt off...
 12-31-2008, 01:03 PM         #48
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think thats the main difference between Hip Hop and every other genre.

Hip Hop is the only genre where the rappers viewed the most highly aren't saying anything.

Look at all the highest viewed rock bands, they're all bands who had views and lyrics that made sense, and could be listened too.

All the supposed best rappers; Jay Z, Big, Pun(Obviously not all, but there's alot similar), have nothing of worth in terms of what they're saying.

They just rhyme words with little meaning or value. Don't get me wrong, they're fu*king good lyricists in that respect. But really, if you aren't saying anything i don't want to hear you.

That's the difference between maturity and immaturity. Whether you grew up when BIG came through or not is irrelivent.
 9 years ago '08        #49
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
 AlexG1989 said:
Thug Life, Me Against The World, All Eyez On Me, The Don k!lluminati all consistently solid albums.... even his 1st 2 albums had some of the greatest tracks he'd ever done... Ie Brendas Got A Baby, Papaz Song, Part Time Mutha, Keep Ya Head Up Etc...

In my opinion... Thug Life >>>>>> Ready 2 Die..
thug life isn't close to ready to die. RTD is on the level of Illmatic and The Infamous when talking about NYs best albums

The Blueprint said:
^Propped, But tupac warriors aka the ugliest creatures on earth arent going to like what you said.
ur a d*ckrider urself, you can't keep his name outta ur mouth :owned:

vikvon said:
man another Biggie vs 2Pac thread? Ya'll n*ggaz need to let the dead rest and quit arguin about who was better.
nobody is arguing whos better, take some time to read and comprehend. this thread is about biggie being overrated. some people just mentioned pac
 9 years ago '07        #50
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
 AlexG1989 said:
Nope, I heard all those tracks.... Machine Gun Funk and Respect suck major a.ss... the other 3 are pretty good but get stale after while, hence why I haven't played my Ready to Die album in over a year... I gave it a spin last night just to give it a shot but it still sounds the same to me... I had the same problem Common's Be... I didn't like it when I first heard it, then later on I gave it a shot and now its one of my fav rap albums ever... Biggie just isn't that good to me... I don't see the hype... I've heard most of his supposedly "GREAT" tracks, but there's only a few I actually felt were worthy of being called great...

Juicy = great track, love
Missin You = Great Track
One More Chance, OG, and remix are both great

Dude, I don't care how ganster tupac was.... even though you're wrong in what u said and I'll explain why in a bit... but I don't care about pac's "gangster" tracks.. I haven't heard 2 Of Amerikaz most Wanted in Zeus knows how long...

Pac was way more of a "gangster" before he got on death row even though he didn't rap about it as much... During his deathrow stint, I don't think pac shot 2 cops, or got beat up by cops for jay-walking... If anything, deathrow pac was a more toned down, fit for society type dude than his pre-death row days...

I never said there's ony 2 good tracks on the whole album... fine... I'll list the ones I liked

One More Chance
The What
Juicy
Everyday Struggles
Big Poppa
Unbelievable
Suicidal Thoughts
Who Shot Ya
Just Playing

the rest jsut get stale as hell after a while
Dog, that 8 out of 17 tracks you like. You name me an album that has come out in let's just say the last 10 years, that has 8 dope tracks on it. FYI - I say 8, because just playing wasn't on the original. And that's just your 8. The only track I wasn't really feeling on ready to die, was the title track...

I respect your opinion, but I think your crazy...
 9 years ago '08        #51
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
I think thats the main difference between Hip Hop and every other genre.

Hip Hop is the only genre where the rappers viewed the most highly aren't saying anything.

Look at all the highest viewed rock bands, they're all bands who had views and lyrics that made sense, and could be listened too.

All the supposed best rappers; Jay Z, Big, Pun(Obviously not all, but there's alot similar), have nothing of worth in terms of what they're saying.

They just rhyme words with little meaning or value. Don't get me wrong, they're fu*king good lyricists in that respect. But really, if you aren't saying anything i don't want to hear you.

That's the difference between maturity and immaturity. Whether you grew up when BIG came through or not is irrelivent.
Pac had more meaning in his songs then most of these best bands you named
 12-31-2008, 01:09 PM         #52
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dope Bai said:
First off, threadstarter was like 8 when BIG passed...Second, to me, BIG is the GOAT. I was like 13 to 14 when I first heard BIG, and when I first heard party and bullsh*t, I knew this dude was the sh*t. I grew up listening to BIG. All these young dudes listening to BIG years after fact, and making comments. I was listening to BIG on the radio on some "Here's the brand new spanking BIG track, Juicy", when they were world premiering it and sh*t.

Y'all saying BIG is overated, is like me saying Marvin Gaye or James Brown or Al Green is overated, like the sh*t my pops listens too. The whole joke is, I don't even think these guys are overated either.

BIG could spit, point blank. Ain't no one in the world that could ever spit like BIG did.

You youngin's saying BIG is overated means nothing to me. Couple of my homies, got kids almost your age...Go to sleep, it's past your bed time...

Don't make me have to take my belt off...
How is age relevant? Good music is good music. It knows no age.

I listen to ALOT of old rock music. I respect and listen to alot of the old greats within that genre.

The difference is rap music has and always will be followed for the most part by complete and utter fu*king imbeciles.

And as such guys like BIG are viewed so much higher than they should be.

Your analogy is null and void.

90% of kids who listen to rap list to BIG still. It's the real hip hop heads, young and old who recognise the man as being over rated, and his lyrics mainly meaningless dribble.

Please post up some of the lyrics to his better tracks. Straight up i can find lyrics to thousands of songs that DESTROY his lyrics.

The fu*k do i care if you're a gangster and you have bi*ches. Is this music?

You a crack baby or what.
 9 years ago '08        #53
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,820 | Props total: 12514 12514
^Ugly creature i was talking about.
 12-31-2008, 01:09 PM         #54
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Once you GROW UP you'll realise that you can have all the lyrical ability in the world, but if you aren't saying anything of value it's irrelivent.
pretty much... Biggie probably won't even be remembered 20 years from now... pretty sad...
 12-31-2008, 01:10 PM         #55
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wepainters said:
I didn't name any bands. Did i?

And where have i said anything about Pac? How is 2Pac relevant?

I prefer 2pac to Biggie. Because as you've mentioned, 2pac atleast at times had something of worth to say. Something with meaning and value.

But he's irrelivent to this thread. And he's also over rated.
 12-31-2008, 01:14 PM         #56
Mark Stan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wepainters said:
Why did you make that statement? He didn't say nothing bad about 2Pac so I don't even know why you mae that statement. 2Pac is great but don't overpraise him and let him be overrated. And I agree that 2Pac's Thug Life album which is underrated is >>>>>>> Ready 2 Die. Just because people don't acknowledge Thug Life as one of 2Pac's great album doesn't mean it's not in a league of it's own.
 12-31-2008, 01:27 PM         #57
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
its official, the Pac stans are def on the same level as the g-unit ones...........which kinda makes sense now that I think about it
It's not even about being a Pac stan.

Pac is better than Big. Without question.

If that makes anyone a stan its you for catching feelings over the truth.
 9 years ago '05        #58
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
BIGGIE is hella overrated...he can tell a good story in his raps...THATS WHERE IT STOPS...he still the --all i talk about is money, being gansta, and hoes...your everyday dime a donzen, please shoot me, i wanna die, thank god im gone a.ss rapper"
 12-31-2008, 01:30 PM         #59
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I haven't heard much of James Brown or Al Green but how fu*king dare you put biggie and Marvin Gaye in the same boat??? I don't consider Marvin Gaye overated at all, he's one of the greatest singers I've ever heard. But Bigge, like rancid said is outshined by so many people its ridiculous... I can name so many rappers better than BIG...

thug life isn't close to ready to die. RTD is on the level of Illmatic and The Infamous when talking about NYs best albums
Thug Life is 10X better than Ready To Die... its much mroe chill, the beats are better... pac and the other thug life crew may not be the best "lyricists"

Illmatic was pretty good, and ready to die is no where near as good as it... :D

Dog, that 8 out of 17 tracks you like. You name me an album that has come out in let's just say the last 10 years, that has 8 dope tracks on it. FYI - I say 8, because just playing wasn't on the original. And that's just your 8. The only track I wasn't really feeling on ready to die, was the title track...

I respect your opinion, but I think your crazy...
8 ut of 17 I know...... I'm not the type thats into Lil Wayne and Souljah Boy or even T.I I can't stand all this new hip hop so I wouldn't be able to mention recent albums with 8 good tracks on'em

The rappers I do like and have consistently good albums in the last ten years are DMX, Immortal technique, Common.... The Eminem Show (Eveyr song on that album is pretty good and listenable... yes, EVEN HAILIE's SONG lol

Don't bother with DMX's last 2 albums though... Grand Champ had some good tracks here and there but Year Of The Dog Again was just a fu*king disappointment...

lol, he didn't name any bands...

The fu*k do i care if you're a gangster and you have bi*ches. Is this music?

You a crack baby or what.
:applause:
 9 years ago '05        #60
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
someone sticky this so this can be deaded....so the whole world of hip-hop can finally say, BIGGIE IS OVERRATED and is TRASH AT THAT!...but gotta give him his props for gett NY notices for a few good years...well ill give the credit to puffy actually....PUFFY > BIGGIE
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
35 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy